[Extended] Weekly Server Maintenance - November 11, 2020

Arctic

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

To the discussion re: BCM Skins, when I first joined I asked the community to help me generate a prioritized list of changes / areas that needed attention. Skins are in the bottom-third of the list, even after being shared with the playerbase for review. However, I do know we continued discussing it internally because it was a feature we wanted to implement.

It's great to see it come up as a discussion topic. Where would those of you in this thread place it, if you could?

Here's a link to the list as we last left it: https://imgur.com/a/BIEJ8r8

Even though it's near the bottom, I would still say there's a lot of people who really want skins. On that thread, a lot of people were thinking more about gameplay (stigma enchantment rates, transforms, etc) including me, but if I were to think about it more, I would add skins too to that list.

Someone said it before too it would be nice if you could add skins to both BCM & the Gold Sand Shop. I saw Fungie's post regarding KR's Quna shop, and it has more variety of skins than the Gold Sand Traders and BCM shop. 

Also slightly unrelated, but it would be nice if you guys can expand Luna Wardrobe slots and make it so that you can add weapon skins in there and perhaps fix the aetherforging recipes for the Sea Fest + Wave Song skins or remove them. As far as I know, you can't find those prototypes anymore. You supposedly used to get them as drops back then when Pandora quests/gear were a thing and leveling up your aetherforge.

5 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

To the discussion re: BCM Skins, when I first joined I asked the community to help me generate a prioritized list of changes / areas that needed attention. Skins are in the bottom-third of the list, even after being shared with the playerbase for review. However, I do know we continued discussing it internally because it was a feature we wanted to implement.

It's great to see it come up as a discussion topic. Where would those of you in this thread place it, if you could?

But more skins aren't a bug or anything that needs a fix. We just want the skins to be in BCM. How is that even an issue. No offense, skins are not an issue with our patch or anything in progress, it is our publisher's fault for making the game empty.And it is not like you have to design those to put them in game, all you have to do is put their code into the market and make them appear.

How hard is it to put more skins in Gold Sand Trader's appearance tab?

58 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It's not and that is the whole mind boggling point.  I have seen p servers with ten times the amount of skins in their cash shop, lol.  

How many threads on the same topic does NC need to see to know it needs to be addressed?  (Props to 5s2C40D6-DN that listed out the numerous threads asking for more skins, I can't @ you because you have an invalid forum name)  And how many times do players have to go unanswered before they just give up asking entirely.  It's called learned helplessness, and it's the current state of your forums, NCSoft.

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

When you dont have people working on those things could be really hard. Take into consideration that every small thing must be done in Korea and here they just copy-paste what they get. 

4 hours ago, Audre-KT said:

It's not and that is the whole mind boggling point.  I have seen p servers with ten times the amount of skins in their cash shop, lol.  

How many threads on the same topic does NC need to see to know it needs to be addressed?  ...

In the last years the only reassons to have the forums was to add weekly threads with maintenance and updates notes, and to provide the players a place to help each other, share tips and to give us the feeling that we can write things and somebody will read them. I am afraid the last one is just an illusion.

We can create a lot of threads, but that doesn´t mean that: 

- somebody from NC West will read them
- that person from NC West will have the desire to help us or to do something about that. 
- that person will have the power to really do something. 

The reason why we all wants skins, motion cards, and various cosmetics is because that is one of the few things we can truly enjoy in the game. As the game slowly declines, the people who are still remaining are those dedicated to "going down with the ship," so to speak. So we just want to be happy in our final days. Skins make us happy.

18 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

But that things on that list isnt just the always main issue in aion.. i mean if u wanna improve ur sales why not make on a poll on which skins would players would love to see on sale for the week and make it purchase limited by players like top 1st 10-25 buyers only can purchase it. so it can still be rare also 1 per account/ip address only can purchase it to avoid hording = money money money for you .. just to make the skins seen around and appreciate the history of skins in aion."" "WE KNOW U GOT NO IDEA ON WHICH SKINS WOULD TOTALLY SOLD" , like i saw alot of not so great skins for sale in BCM . @Kibbelz its a great suggestion a free one no need to pay me.. just make my RNG good and stop nerfing it cause u cant handle criticism 

Edited by Yuweh-KT

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The reason why we all wants skins, motion cards, and various cosmetics is because that is one of the few things we can truly enjoy in the game. As the game slowly declines, the people who are still remaining are those dedicated to "going down with the ship," so to speak. So we just want to be happy in our final days. Skins make us happy.

Exactly, Aion had the amazing best look in any mmorpg ever created due to the myriad of different looks you could make to your character. They took away that pleasure.

37 minutes ago, Yuweh-KT said:

But that things on that list isnt just the always main issue in aion.. i mean if u wanna improve ur sales why not make on a poll on which skins would players would love to see on sale for the week and make it purchase limited by players like top 1st 10-25 buyers only can purchase it. so it can still be rare also 1 per account/ip address only can purchase it to avoid hording = money money money for you .. just to make the skins seen around and appreciate the history of skins in aion."" "WE KNOW U GOT NO IDEA ON WHICH SKINS WOULD TOTALLY SOLD" , like i saw alot of not so great skins for sale in BCM . @Kibbelz its a great suggestion a free one no need to pay me.. just make my RNG good and stop nerfing it cause u cant handle criticism 

hahahaha I snorted my soft drink out on this one, totally true, if you remember the very first ever skins on GST were those hideous "triangular head" or "round head", or the fruit head things and armor skins nobody would want to use. I legit never saw a single person using any of those hideous skins.

4 hours ago, Yuweh-KT said:

base don the first 2 lines id like to say shut up with that dumb ass post...

Well for sure the Wonder Girls dance emotes are definitely a licensing issue, if you don't already have those, you will NEVER get them.  That is because the dance emote references the title of the WG song and the music that plays along side the emote are copyright owned by the Wonder Girls entity.

But actual outfits can apparently not be copyrighted because the "Cute Denim Dress" that is currently in the BCM, is the EXACT same dress that was released as part of the 5 Wonder Girls skins back in 2011.  I have the cute denim dress from the 2011 WG promotion.  The description on the item reads, "A cute denim one-piece dress worn by Sohee and Yoobin at the Wonder Girls' '2DT' dance exhibition."  You can see what I am talking about here. https://aioncodex.com/us/item/110900121/

Now I'm not going to buy the one on the BCM currently to see if it's true, but I would bet that NC just removed the item description that originally accompanied that skin.

So, either licensing of skins is not an issue and/or not possible... OR... NC made a big boo boo and are currently profiting off items they don't own the copyright to.

every single mmo pretty much has a cash shop and they have skins cuz they know thats the easiest thing to add to a game and you come with some stupid post about limited to first 10-25 so it can be a rare item...i wish i could do a bunch of evil and dangerous things to u just for posting that nonesense...

2 hours ago, Naduah-KT said:

Somewhere somehow the skins are probably a licensing issue...

Only very specific skins are a licensing issue.

They are the Hello Kitty skins and mount and the Captain Harlock/Kei's outfit skins.

I think it's possible the NC Dino baseball uniform might not have been licensed for use outside of Korea as well but I'm not 100% sure.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, Poggersz-KT said:

50ms or 150ms to bot farm udas doesnt change much bro. you good :D

well  I dont know what you talking about here, maybe its good for you and your friends, no need to use the little secret weapon again, got better ping now, woooo.

7 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

every single mmo pretty much has a cash shop and they have skins cuz they know thats the easiest thing to add to a game and you come with some stupid post about limited to first 10-25 so it can be a rare item...i wish i could do a bunch of evil and dangerous things to u just for posting that nonesense...

oh please sure , i dare you just make sure you are not easily scared when u truly see who can be the real evil among us.. its just an idea cause most of the skins who got over sold or used are not appreciated look those amazing golden sand traders skins .. limiting it and making it available for few people is a good thing like a year thing rather than nothing. Like you could wear all of them anyway . i got tons of collection of skins and buying them on brooker with high price is good if they are limited felt like good value for the collection since its a rare skin.

On 2020/11/11 at 1:32 PM, Poggersz-KT said:

make sure you are using Ashburn or something near virginia. ping reducers are still working on the route to this server, so it should improve as we go.

Sure your friends Haon and Thunderspank don't need these ping reducers since they got their double reds :D.

6 hours ago, Yuweh-KT said:

oh please sure , i dare you just make sure you are not easily scared when u truly see who can be the real evil among us.. its just an idea cause most of the skins who got over sold or used are not appreciated look those amazing golden sand traders skins .. limiting it and making it available for few people is a good thing like a year thing rather than nothing. Like you could wear all of them anyway . i got tons of collection of skins and buying them on brooker with high price is good if they are limited felt like good value for the collection since its a rare skin.

In life when you find yourself speaking about skins and you decide to use the word rare please aim the focus of conversation some where else as i dont care about what your or others think is a rare skin since ive seen for myself these so called rare skins that so damn ugly  its a crime that ppl buy these skins...i honestly would love to see your idea of rare skins lol...

ncsoft y'all ruined the game with events because during the last event all u saw were lfg for this n that which made the game look kinda populated even though ppl didnt do the full run but now put a gm in the game to see how the majority is just sitting around doing nothing...then you have too many amn restrictions on things to do that people actually want o do like going to demaha which is only open on certain days which is just dumb...rethink the name free to play cuz i dont see much playing going on so call it fre to chill cuz thats what i see ppl just sitting around chillin...OPEN UP THE DAMN GAME YOU PHUCKING IDIOTS!

On 11/13/2020 at 3:36 AM, Kibbelz said:

@Kibbelz Hi Kibbelz tyvm for replied :)

Please allow me to explain why skins in post classic Aion isn't well income as people believed.

Before 6.0 (5.x to be exact) we used able to afk in luna instances and craft BCM 100+(or around that) shop skins without doing any work basically we get it free.
So people just feel really reluctant to buy skins that once free from afking luna instances in post classic Aion.
Another reason I believed why it failing because of rarity of transparent transform scrolls (allow you to keep your appearance instead transform while having stats).NC Korea wanted to sell everything including basic appearance (yep it's greedy method I must say) people really see no point to pay extra for their looks and no point to buy skins.(Before 6.0 we can keep our appearance without extra cost excepted when using candies)

However I don't blame 6.0 itself entirely I'm playing in a server that we can't say the name but people in that server didn't use skins as much as we believed classic were despite skins in that server are not costing madly like in official were.

Well to make skins working in current version I think you need to replace normal transform with transparent completely. I don't think you can sell transparent scrolls that much in BCM anyway right ? :P

However even we do that I can't guarantee you can selling skins a lot better than now because the current Aion is really bad with a lot of loot box mechanics you can't do stuff normally without paying a lot we can only afk luna for kinah,ancient transforms etc I believed even Korea gave up on current Aion now and most likely it will be replaced with classic version and redevelop into something that not same direction with previous attempt and I believed loot box system will be phase out or make it less addict because many countries taking legal system against it especially in Europe (Loot box = RNG with real money considering gambling).

Lastly if classic died I believe it's the end of franchise. So if we do not implement something anti ganking (despite gankers declared their loves of Aion classic for klling ungeared players but they're the one who killed Aion and we end up with current version) I believing Aion will be over at least for western.(Like Lineage 1)

I hope my info will help you Kibbelz :)

Wow... a quad-post!!! usually people try to avoid even double posting, but 4 in a row..... impresive. 

On 12/11/2020 at 5:36 PM, Kibbelz said:

A very interesting list. But lets be honest!. How important is that list between the people managing this game? 

and about Aion Classic. Now that is active, wich version they made? original 1.9? or that one with some improvments from later versions? or another?