Forums

So, how about them no animation Hackers?

Rag-DN

@Kibbelz @Hime @Loki 

So the list of known animation hackers is getting pretty big and long in the community. Lots of these players have been reported tons of times over the last few months yet they still run around in game untouched with repercussions of cheating. I'm just curious on what your process is for when you receive reports of animation hackers through the support system? Are we wasting our time reporting these players? Do you have any intention to ban them? If you spend X amount of $$$ do you just get a get out of jail free card?

Seriously. This is getting so discouraging I've basically stopped playing the game or buying any N-coin due to the lack of action against the hackers.  Can you guys at least throw us a bone and say something on this subject? 

43 minutes ago, Kerridwen-DN said:

I don't even care if they are banned anymore, JUST BRAND THEM so everyone knows they are losers. 

Or they can do like other games do...force server transfer all of them to one server so they can only play with other cheaters.

(Edit: Actually that sounds kinda fun to watch. Can we please please do this and like have a live stream of the server? lol)

1 hour ago, Rag-DN said:

Or they can do like other games do...force server transfer all of them to one server so they can only play with other cheaters.

(Edit: Actually that sounds kinda fun to watch. Can we please please do this and like have a live stream of the server? lol)

100% of Aion's players have cheated in one way or another. You got world boss loot? Alts que for PvP/event instances to get free wins? Exploiting events that were clearly not designed that way because it gave you insane loot? Using multiple accounts to do events on? Bought loot rights at some point?

The list goes on i could come up with at-least 1 thing you have done and gotten away with in the past 3 years of playing Aion and that also makes you a cheater. Just because you cheat 1% of the time does not mean you are not a cheater it means you are a selective cheater and you think you are above other cheaters but you are just as bad... scratch that you are worse than those who openly cheat because at least they are honest with their intentions. They may be scum but their sole goal is to make legitimate players quit or stoop to their level and cheat as well and i would say the original cheaters in Aion got their goal achieved.

So if you play on DN or you play on KT you are playing on a server with 100% cheaters and if you are on either of these severs face facts you are also a cheater.

18 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

100% of Aion's players have cheated in one way or another. You got world boss loot? Alts que for PvP/event instances to get free wins? Exploiting events that were clearly not designed that way because it gave you insane loot? Using multiple accounts to do events on? Bought loot rights at some point?

The list goes on i could come up with at-least 1 thing you have done and gotten away with in the past 3 years of playing Aion and that also makes you a cheater. Just because you cheat 1% of the time does not mean you are not a cheater it means you are a selective cheater and you think you are above other cheaters but you are just as bad... scratch that you are worse than those who openly cheat because at least they are honest with their intentions. They may be scum but their sole goal is to make legitimate players quit or stoop to their level and cheat as well and i would say the original cheaters in Aion got their goal achieved.

So if you play on DN or you play on KT you are playing on a server with 100% cheaters and if you are on either of these severs face facts you are also a cheater.

That’s a pretty big assumption!

24 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Using a 3rd party system to manipulate the games in-game mechanics and limitations is a bit different than using alts to farm events.... plus one isn't against TOS agreement and the other is. Just saying...but sure, let's let anarchy rule the servers and make hacking acceptable just because you don't have the gear or skill level to put out DPS properly on your own.

1 minute ago, Rag-DN said:

Using a 3rd party system to manipulate the games in-game mechanics and limitations is a bit different than using alts to farm events.... plus one isn't against TOS agreement and the other is. Just saying...but sure, let's let anarchy rule the servers and make hacking acceptable just because you don't have the gear or skill level to put out DPS properly on your own.

They are both against ToS Cyan has actually covered this in the past. Same with using a VPN it is against ToS but they are so loose with that because the majority of gamers use some sort of VPN/proxy service to improve their ping. Incase you did not realize doing anything against ToS is the essence of cheating. 

Why would they ban the majority of their playerbase? That is why they do not ban cheaters because the majority of Aion gamers are cheaters on current retail that it makes no sense. Even those who spend 1000s always bragged about how they get away with cheating because they are wallet warriors as well.

I have not played Aion since the anniversary event because hackers rule Aion and have for the better part of 3 years. Where have you been the past 3 years not playing?

9 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/aion/aion-user-agreement 

Show me where having alts is against the TOS. Also if your not playing Aion, why are you on the forums, go away troll!

(c) Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. "bot") or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;

(d) Use, or provide others with, any "hack," "cheat," "exploit" or "mod";

It is clearly an "exploit" to have 40 characters and spam events on it again like cyan has said in the past when this exact thing has been brought up before. I bet you also use one logitech/razer icue programs which are programs that have automation software built in to them. That is also cheating but what gamer is going to turn off their programs that make most of their RBG functions works on their keyboard and mouse? None. 

Also think back to events like where people were grouping up in a league for the eye event. That was an exploit and how many 1000s of players did it? Players only care about cheating/exploiting if it affects them negatively. You just want to justify your exploiting as not an exploit because it benefits you.

Edit: Those who do not care for cheating are not playing Aion because we know NCwest does nothing about the cheaters and it has been like this again for the better part of 3 years.

21 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

(c) Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. "bot") or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;

(d) Use, or provide others with, any "hack," "cheat," "exploit" or "mod";

It is clearly an "exploit" to have 40 characters and spam events on it again like cyan has said in the past when this exact thing has been brought up before. I bet you also use one logitech/razer icue programs which are programs that have automation software built in to them. That is also cheating but what gamer is going to turn off their programs that make most of their RBG functions works on their keyboard and mouse? None. 

Also think back to events like where people were grouping up in a league for the eye event. That was an exploit and how many 1000s of players did it? Players only care about cheating/exploiting if it affects them negatively. You just want to justify your exploiting as not an exploit because it benefits you.

Edit: Those who do not care for cheating are not playing Aion because we know NCwest does nothing about the cheaters and it has been like this again for the better part of 3 years.

Creating alts is not an exploit lol

A gaming exploit is defined as the game being used in a way not intended by the game's designers, it's not the same thing as the normal usage of the word "exploit" 

Creating multiple characters fairly and non-automatically does not go against the TOS nor has it ever been punished in the history of this game's 11 year existence. 

9 minutes ago, GenericUser46108 said:

Creating alts is not an exploit lol

A gaming exploit is defined as the game being used in a way not intended by the game's designers, it's not the same thing as the normal usage of the word "exploit" 

Creating multiple characters fairly and non-automatically does not go against the TOS nor has it ever been punished in the history of this game's 11 year existence. 

The creation of them is not against ToS it is what you are doing with them that is against ToS.

Example: 6.0 came with many changes one of which made kinah un-tradeable. Players circumvented their own account kinah limits by making more accounts to do luna on then transfer the kinah to their main account through the broker. This was an oversight from NCsoft and is an exploit of the new system they implemented to try and stop RMT/kinah inflation. Then to solidify this not wanting players to use multiple accounts to gain excessive amounts of kinah they re-added the kinah trading system for account only in 7.0 or w/e it was. 

This means NCsoft implementations of game mechanics are by design not designed for players to support their own kinah through broker trading of kinah through excessive alt playing. It is an exploit of the system all be it the companies fault but an exploit none the less.

This is no different than someone hacking/botting on a secondary account and transferring the items to the account they do not hack on. If they are legit on the account that has all the good stuff does that make them a legit player? They are circumventing systems that allow them to be legit on one account and a cheater on the other.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The creation of them is not against ToS it is what you are doing with them that is against ToS.

Example: 6.0 came with many changes one of which made kinah un-tradeable. Players circumvented their own account kinah limits by making more accounts to do luna on then transfer the kinah to their main account through the broker. This was an oversight from NCsoft and is an exploit of the new system they implemented to try and stop RMT/kinah inflation. Then to solidify this not wanting players to use multiple accounts to gain excessive amounts of kinah they re-added the kinah trading system for account only in 7.0 or w/e it was. 

This means NCsoft implementations of game mechanics are by design not designed for players to support their own kinah through broker trading of kinah through excessive alt playing. It is an exploit of the system all be it the companies fault but an exploit none the less.

This is no different than someone hacking/botting on a secondary account and transferring the items to the account they do not hack on. If they are legit on the account that has all the good stuff does that make them a legit player? They are circumventing systems that allow them to be legit on one account and a cheater on the other.

First of all if you stopped playing 3 years ago and you are still here I feel sad for you. Hacking/cheating = 3rd party program, exploiting = finding a bug in game that gives you an advantage. Creating alts to bot and pass kinah to main is cheating, creating alts for luna or afk is not hacking or boting and as for the rest of the stuff you said....don't know what to tell you ....you are probably one of the people that think that Trump won by a  LOT lol 

1 hour ago, Ulti-DN said:

First of all if you stopped playing 3 years ago and you are still here I feel sad for you. Hacking/cheating = 3rd party program, exploiting = finding a bug in game that gives you an advantage. Creating alts to bot and pass kinah to main is cheating, creating alts for luna or afk is not hacking or boting and as for the rest of the stuff you said....don't know what to tell you ....you are probably one of the people that think that Trump won by a  LOT lol 

I mean i am talking about classic and showing my support for an NA support server but also if you re-read what i said (I have not played Aion since the anniversary event because hackers rule Aion and have for the better part of 3 years. Where have you been the past 3 years not playing?)

What part of that did i say i quit 3 years ago? I legitimately said i quit since the anniversary event. You made your own assumption to try and twist what i said to cater to your needs. Also as someone who does not care at all about US politics i did not even know trump won and what does that have to do with Aion the game? So after a quick google search it turns out Trump did not even win so i fail to see what you are trying to say here because i do not care for US politics. You failed to look at NCsoft Wests playable regions before making your post you just assumed. 

Going in to other games if you look at Archage: Unchained and BDO you have multiple cases of players being banned for having to many accounts as it counts as an exploit. Some of the biggest spenders in BDO had their accounts with 100k+ spent perma banned for exploiting an event where people were using multiple accounts. These players were only banned for exploiting the system implemented not for getting the item on their account.  Taking this in to consideration when we shift back to Aion and you look at how the design of no kinah trading between accounts is still a mechanic that is clearly a blatant exploit of a game system that got poorly implemented. Pre 6.0 it was not an exploit it was a feature that was acceptable but now not so much due to game design. 

The reason they put (d) Use, or provide others with, any "hack," "cheat," "exploit" or "mod";. Is so they can ban people for w/e they want. Example: Trading through the broker is a flaw in NCwest system, Another flaw that was NCwests system was the EC bug. Now there aint anyone here who does not consider that an exploit. Yet despite this the base design of both flawed systems are the exact same. NCwest/soft errors, not a player issue.

You can not go gun hoe at 1 exploit and then turn a blind eye to the other just because you can take advantage of it.  

21 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I mean i am talking about classic and showing my support for an NA support server but also if you re-read what i said (I have not played Aion since the anniversary event because hackers rule Aion and have for the better part of 3 years. Where have you been the past 3 years not playing?)

What part of that did i say i quit 3 years ago? I legitimately said i quit since the anniversary event. You made your own assumption to try and twist what i said to cater to your needs. Also as someone who does not care at all about US politics i did not even know trump won and what does that have to do with Aion the game? So after a quick google search it turns out Trump did not even win so i fail to see what you are trying to say here because i do not care for US politics. You failed to look at NCsoft Wests playable regions before making your post you just assumed. 

Going in to other games if you look at Archage: Unchained and BDO you have multiple cases of players being banned for having to many accounts as it counts as an exploit. Some of the biggest spenders in BDO had their accounts with 100k+ spent perma banned for exploiting an event where people were using multiple accounts. These players were only banned for exploiting the system implemented not for getting the item on their account.  Taking this in to consideration when we shift back to Aion and you look at how the design of no kinah trading between accounts is still a mechanic that is clearly a blatant exploit of a game system that got poorly implemented. Pre 6.0 it was not an exploit it was a feature that was acceptable but now not so much due to game design. 

The reason they put (d) Use, or provide others with, any "hack," "cheat," "exploit" or "mod";. Is so they can ban people for w/e they want. Example: Trading through the broker is a flaw in NCwest system, Another flaw that was NCwests system was the EC bug. Now there aint anyone here who does not consider that an exploit. Yet despite this the base design of both flawed systems are the exact same. NCwest/soft errors, not a player issue.

You can not go gun hoe at 1 exploit and then turn a blind eye to the other just because you can take advantage of it.  

My bad, I  assumed you are in US and read it wrong but some of the stuff you say is pretty far out...everything to you is hacking or cheating seems like

1 hour ago, Ulti-DN said:

My bad, I  assumed you are in US and read it wrong but some of the stuff you say is pretty far out...everything to you is hacking or cheating seems like

Not really it is just people took what i said to the extreme, They lack the ability to view it from neutral ground of both the players and developer stand point. Pre-event there were very few if any complaints about hackers/botters despite there being no increase in program usage since this event started you just notice them condensed in to a single location due to the event.

This leads to the common issue in these threads which has nothing to do with cheaters but not everyone getting items, If everyone were able to obtain the items available that they wanted then no one would be making these threads. So long story short players are complaining because they are missing out on the rewards and actually give 0 shugos about those who cheat and are really only trying to push their own needs on to others and will do it anyway they can. 

Like i said cheating has been huge for the better part of 3 years and the proof is in the posts. Lets say there are about 500 active users playing retail right now. Why are there not at the very least 251 unique names on the forums complaining about cheating? The answer is right in front of everyone, There are more players in Aion that cheat than players that are legit. If that does not make someone want to quit then these players are accepting of people who use cheats to gain advantages and should not be complaining now if they have ignored the cries in the past about cheaters.

Having more than 1 accounts is not against the ToS itself, automating their game play is. It is also not against the rules to trade your earned items in any way, either giving them to another character that you own or to a friend for free or with a fee. Imagine they even allow you to open two clients at the same time in one machine so you can use an alt for your needs or trade items between them.

What you call here is unfair game play that has to do with someone's morals. I think loot rights are not fair play either, but the game mechanics allow for it. I wouldn't call people who do that cheaters though.

Imagine people even use shugo console and even though it is a 3rd party software that alters the way the client acts, is not a banable offense (someone said that NCSoft doesn't regard it an offense, I am not sure how accurate that is)

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Imagine people even use shugo console and even though it is a 3rd party software that alters the way the client acts, is not a banable offense (someone said that NCSoft doesn't regard it an offense, I am not sure how accurate that is)

Actually that is incorrect. Loki confirmed that Shugo Console *IS* a bannable offense. However, it is like most other bannable offenses in Aion -- it doesn't actually result in a ban lol. Personally, I'm in the minority that I hate what Shugo Console does. I can't stand that far away visual. I'd never use it lol.

zPOBGKB.jpg

24 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Actually that is incorrect. Loki confirmed that Shugo Console *IS* a bannable offense. However, it is like most other bannable offenses in Aion -- it doesn't actually result in a ban lol. Personally, I'm in the minority that I hate what Shugo Console does. I can't stand that far away visual. I'd never use it lol.

zPOBGKB.jpg

I never understood how do people play with this fisheye field of view from shugo console, I personally would regard it 3rd party but they should defo give more in-game options for camera control or field of view and max distance.

I play in an ultra wide monitor 21:9 ratio and i am going to buy me a double wide 32:9 at some point in 2021 so that kinda also changes the perspective of the game and max camera distances etc.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I never understood how do people play with this fisheye field of view from shugo console, I personally would regard it 3rd party but they should defo give more in-game options for camera control or field of view and max distance.

I play in an ultra wide monitor 21:9 ratio and i am going to buy me a double wide 32:9 at some point in 2021 so that kinda also changes the perspective of the game and max camera distances etc.

Also use a 21:9 ultrawide. The game is virtually unplayable without shugo console for me.

The default FOV for normal view distance is 65. On max its 72. I did a really in depth post a few years ago with videos about how aion's FOV is not accurate. It actually causes me and many people motion sickness, as do other games with poorly implemented FOVs.

Every modern game I've ever touched, pvp included, gives the ability to alter FOV. Everyone has a preference but I find it strange that this day and age aion still hasn't allowed any camera alterations or QOL features. Even a color blind mode would be nice. We use to be able to edit them from the console but people found ways to exploit the console in other ways (apparently, according to NC) and we lost the ability to do that. It took them 7 years to put the leatrix network tweak in the game client.

Also, making alts and playing them on events is not an exploit or cheating... the only way itd be cheating is if you used software to open numerous clients and do things not within the realm of possibility without software.

As far as animation hackers, I knew of a few when I played, and they never got banned then either. I'd think with such a small community at this point NC would be able to control it much better, but yikes.

The point of this thread is to see what the NCwest teams take on third party programs that cause animation hacking.  Animation hacking is when you use a third party program to send data faster then your client normally would allow resulting in you being able to break the top game speed cast/attack speeds to gain advantage in PVP/PVE over other players.  Somehow this topic got twisted and corrupted by @HealingSquid-KT and turned into "everything in this game is hacking."   I beg other players to ignore @HealingSquid-KT and not reply to them, they clearly are here to troll or twist the reality of the ToS agreement. 

If you have an opinion on "animation hacking" players or how NCwest is(not) handling the situation feel free to add to this thread. Otherwise, go troll elsewhere or make your own off topic discussion. Thank you! 

@Kibbelz got another question....  

In the past we were always told to make individual tickets for suspected "hackers" so each player could be looked at individually and avoid confusion for the support team, however now support has started merging these tickets together and when they do so they close the tickets so you can't respond. Are we suppose to just make 1 big long list of hackers to report in a single ticket or keep doing them individually? I would ask support but they closed all my tickets after they merged them so I can't reply on them now. 

On 12/22/2020 at 6:00 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Ridiculous 

think what @HealingSquid-KTmeant by the alt thing is those who use 3rd party software to bypass the client limit so as to run crazy amounts of characters simultaneously and/or with the help of automation (bot) software.

But we kind of skipped past: 

On 12/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

100% of Aion's players have cheated in one way or another. You got world boss loot?

? I'm completely puzzled on how winning a dice roll for loot on a world boss constitutes a cheat, exploit, or breech of the ToS

Archived