Vandal has been nerfed way to much

Hey Aion Developers,

You guys need to fix the Vandal a little.  I realize for awhile they were super strong at first but you nerfed them too far!!!!   A vandal with ALL +15 advanced stigmas, Advanced Daeva skills, Ultimate Transformation, full set of Bitterhorn pvp gear doesn't stand a chance against almost any class of toon and it's starting to become very annoying.  Why you have to make the class so weak??????????  Most geared players I face the HP doesn't even go down with my hardest hitting DPS skills.    I'm sorry but you guys just took it way to far and for 2 years we are a class of nothings.  Please fix it next patch!

Vandal still hit pretty hard but they needed the dmg nerf similar to the nerf to SW for all the cc they have the dmg output was oppressive. There are still plenty of players who have no issue just have to get better knowing the character than facerolling the keyboard if you like to faceroll play glad in the next update.

2 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

In 7.9 or 7.8 part two or 7.7 part 3 whatever you want to call it- Vandals get a slight buff to health regeneration and their defensive skill. That's about all that's coming. All the other classes get some buffs and gladiators get a lot of buffs.

It looks like glad's dps will get a nice buff but I think our PvP ability is getting nerfed pretty good. Our leap/pull will now be a stun :(. All the abilities that are getting a dmg boost or cd reduced look like abilities that aren't usually used in PvP. I could be wrong though, the patch notes I found were (poorly) translated.

55 minutes ago, Flatten-KT said:

It looks like glad's dps will get a nice buff but I think our PvP ability is getting nerfed pretty good. Our leap/pull will now be a stun :(. All the abilities that are getting a dmg boost or cd reduced look like abilities that aren't usually used in PvP. I could be wrong though, the patch notes I found were (poorly) translated.

The thread was about vandals and their nerfs but whatever. Also vandals don't really get much help with the update they get inc def on the 2nd life and it heals for 10k more HP but they do get hurt by having petrified targets p.def and m.def increased and also the chroma shield I think its called it now blocks magic dmg too but the shield is reduced from 100k to 50k shield. I thought it was just 60% dmg reduction but I don't play vandal often so idk when it was changed who knows

Glads don't really get dps buff only 1 skill gets dps buff thats nvm but they get huge buff to CC which I get they need cc buff since they have a hard time getting kited but they have way too high dmg to get all this CC buffs and is why people complain on this many strong classes got nerfs while glads got very overtuned buffs. They get aetherhold groes through shields. The pull leap now get extended range not a stun. They mostly get way too low cd on all cc skills and this is very upsetting for many classes.

24 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

The thread was about vandals and their nerfs but whatever. Also vandals don't really get much help with the update they get inc def on the 2nd life and it heals for 10k more HP but they do get hurt by having petrified targets p.def and m.def increased and also the chroma shield I think its called it now blocks magic dmg too but the shield is reduced from 100k to 50k shield. I thought it was just 60% dmg reduction but I don't play vandal often so idk when it was changed who knows

Glads don't really get dps buff only 1 skill gets dps buff thats nvm but they get huge buff to CC which I get they need cc buff since they have a hard time getting kited but they have way too high dmg to get all this CC buffs and is why people complain on this many strong classes got nerfs while glads got very overtuned buffs. They get aetherhold groes through shields. The pull leap now get extended range not a stun. They mostly get way too low cd on all cc skills and this is very upsetting for many classes.

I saw that more than 1 skill got the cd reduced and one got a damage increase. The lower cd's will increase dps, I was counting those. What buff to CC do glads get?

2 hours ago, Flatten-KT said:

The aoe stun is actually a good thing. It helps a lot in pvp plus it can interrupt casts and such. It also get a lower cd. 4 other important skills get lower cd's as well which boosts dps in addition to making energy impact not a rubbish skill any longer. SWB gets a much needed cd reduction which is mostly useful for PvE.

1 hour ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

The aoe stun is actually a good thing. It helps a lot in pvp plus it can interrupt casts and such. It also get a lower cd. 4 other important skills get lower cd's as well which boosts dps in addition to making energy impact not a rubbish skill any longer. SWB gets a much needed cd reduction which is mostly useful for PvE.

Too many resists for stuns: buffs and glyphs. Very little resists for pulls and the pull had a stunning effect. It is definitely a nerf :(

All the skills pretty much get cds lowered and its all ccing skills like the aetherhold goes through shields and gets lowered cd. I totally agree gladiator needed better cc's since their resists are really weak most classes have much better but they went way overboard for glad since glads do get locked down quite a bit but they are deadly if they do get on top of a target so giving them this many oppourtunity to get on top of a target is way overkill. Sure lower cd you can say you do more dmg but since when in game does any fight last more than a minute long, not in NA at least. Generally you live or die in 20-30s tops so most skills are 1 use

I dont mean to sound rude, but Vandals in no way are nerfed to the point where they arent good. Vandals are still one of the top classes in the game, and they hands down deal the most damage. Vandals do insane amounts of damage on top of being a tank and having great healing. In PvP I cant even attempt to fight a vandal. The only way ive ever been able to kill a vandal is if theyre fighting someone else and im just attacking them. Theres other classes that have been nerfed that really did destroy them. Most notably would be songweaver or clerics, when it comes to healing. Every class faces nerfs. The most recent nerf to sorc, which ruined the life steal on thundering spear, really impacted the gameplay of a sorc. Now the class is entirely reliant on a healer (unless theyre max geared) and in PvP there is NO possibility of regaining masisve amounts of health. 

1 hour ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

Imagine thinking vandal is nerfed too much, it's still a fairly strong class and has tools for almost every matchup.

Well maybe for you dude if you have every accessories and wings are luminescence already but from my experience from the first stun a vandal takes in most cases there is absolutely zero recovery from that until completely dead...  You can't even click on anything to attack back it so freaking bad! 

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I dont mean to sound rude, but Vandals in no way are nerfed to the point where they arent good. Vandals are still one of the top classes in the game, and they hands down deal the most damage. Vandals do insane amounts of damage on top of being a tank and having great healing. In PvP I cant even attempt to fight a vandal. The only way ive ever been able to kill a vandal is if theyre fighting someone else and im just attacking them. Theres other classes that have been nerfed that really did destroy them. Most notably would be songweaver or clerics, when it comes to healing. Every class faces nerfs. The most recent nerf to sorc, which ruined the life steal on thundering spear, really impacted the gameplay of a sorc. Now the class is entirely reliant on a healer (unless theyre max geared) and in PvP there is NO possibility of regaining masisve amounts of health. 

This is simply not true at all..   As soon as a vandal get stun from whatever like Sin or Glad or Temp you lose completely any control to attack back and it results in you not being able to even cast a single skill after the first attack until your dead.   no so strong at all... Death comes almost always to vandal quickly.  I don't know what class your playing to get beat by vandal always but let me know so I can try to focus on attacking that class because all the rest suck.

6 minutes ago, HeartStrings-DN said:

Well maybe for you dude if you have every accessories and wings are luminescence already but from my experience from the first stun a vandal takes in most cases there is absolutely zero recovery from that until completely dead...  You can't even click on anything to attack back it so freaking bad! 

This is simply not true at all..   As soon as a vandal get stun from whatever like Sin or Glad or Temp you lose completely any control to attack back and it results in you not being able to even cast a single skill after the first attack until your dead.   no so strong at all... Death comes almost always to vandal quickly.  I don't know what class your playing to get beat by vandal always but let me know so I can try to focus on attacking that class because all the rest suck.

Well after any class gets stunned they cant attack. Thats not something that only happens with Vandals. If they get feared, rooted, stunned, slowed or any other cc that effects every single class. But no class except Vandal is able to come back from the dead and be given 2 lives. Cloth classes have low hp, except vandal. All classes are given different abilities but Vandals are the only class thats given two lives. In PvP not only do I have to kill them once, but then I have to kill them all over again. In addition to that, they have an ability which can do like 30% more damage on someone. Thats 30% less abilities they need to use, 30% quicker you die. My Vandal in full legendary Risiel is able to get S rank in Abyssal. But my Gunner in half sov/heartguard and the other half legendary sov alongside my SM which has ulti risiel doesnt always get S rank 100% of the time. That right there is not a nerf, that is just broken. 

26 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Well after any class gets stunned they cant attack. Thats not something that only happens with Vandals. If they get feared, rooted, stunned, slowed or any other cc that effects every single class. But no class except Vandal is able to come back from the dead and be given 2 lives. Cloth classes have low hp, except vandal. All classes are given different abilities but Vandals are the only class thats given two lives. In PvP not only do I have to kill them once, but then I have to kill them all over again. In addition to that, they have an ability which can do like 30% more damage on someone. Thats 30% less abilities they need to use, 30% quicker you die. My Vandal in full legendary Risiel is able to get S rank in Abyssal. But my Gunner in half sov/heartguard and the other half legendary sov alongside my SM which has ulti risiel doesnt always get S rank 100% of the time. That right there is not a nerf, that is just broken. 

Don't forget about self dispel that ticks every 3 seconds on 18 sec Cd, 18 sec CD resist skill, 60% damage reductions shield, green gem shield for 100K damage. And multiple CC skills if we're counting the 3 stuns and aetherhold, plus 3 petrify skills.

That's not even counting if you go chromatic freedom line and have the 20 second para lazer.

Also that 2k def lazer buff is pretty strong too.

If you were talking about nerf to vandal damage being why you said they are weak I would be like okay you have point they have taken decent nerfs to damage but they can still hit pretty hard in burst, not the same as before but still pretty damn hard. Defensively vandals are very strong and have many tools than keep them pretty free from harm for quite a while and this is where I feel it is the fact many people got so handicapped by the brainless play of the class on release that they didn't even take 2 minute to actually look at their abilities to see how they were used. Vandal isn't as brainless, still pretty, but you at least need to have some idea of what your skills do and 2 hands to play them. All in all still a very well rounded class compared to some others

On topic, yeah I would unfortunately have to agree Vandal has not been "overly nerfed." When full geared they are a force to be reckoned with and as many have pointed out they have double life.

An important point to bring up that many players do not consider is that all classes were balanced with full gear and transforms in mind. Devs did not go through to test every possible gear setup or use of legendary xforms. They balanced classes using max gear, fully enchanted (idk about runes and gems because +20 runes and gems is a whole other ball game), fully socketed, and ultimate transforms. You don't have to take my word for it either, just look at how classes perform fully geared with all +5 or higher runes and gems. It comes down to reaction timing, ping, and proper use of defensive skills.

However, do I believe all classes are balanced perfectly? No I do not. There are a lot of issues with pvp balance as well as pve balance but I do not believe Vandals were nerfed.

You could reroll a sorcerer, which is a Vandal minus the instant dmg and the survivability.

33 minutes ago, Jomu said:

Play as  Ranger and you will know what mean "Nerfed Class" and it still getting more nerf on upcoming patchs 

Yeah it is a nerfed class when they have 1000 knockbacks and stuns and throw everything instantly while still having the benefit of hide and fight initiation.

35 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You could reroll a sorcerer, which is a Vandal minus the instant dmg and the survivability.

Yeah it is a nerfed class when they have 1000 knockbacks and stuns and throw everything instantly while still having the benefit of hide and fight initiation.

not to mention unpottable silence, root that doesn't break with damage, strong toggle DP that can be up almost all the time, tons of CC, etc.

On 4/8/2021 at 3:10 AM, HeartStrings-DN said:

Hey Aion Developers,

You guys need to fix the Vandal a little.  I realize for awhile they were super strong at first but you nerfed them too far!!!!   A vandal with ALL +15 advanced stigmas, Advanced Daeva skills, Ultimate Transformation, full set of Bitterhorn pvp gear doesn't stand a chance against almost any class of toon and it's starting to become very annoying.  Why you have to make the class so weak??????????  Most geared players I face the HP doesn't even go down with my hardest hitting DPS skills.    I'm sorry but you guys just took it way to far and for 2 years we are a class of nothings.  Please fix it next patch!

It's not NA, but the basis of Aion's Developers. Indeed, it's like that Vandal has a big damage at first is to lure gamers down again with something new and high DPS, if it's been running for several years then it will be rebalanced with other classes.

Archived