Aion Classic FAQ

Arctic

26 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

Israphel / Lumiel REPRESENT!

Question though: Will we ever see 3.0 content such as player housing and furnishing? I feel like that would be a sweet spot.

From my understanding classic will eventually stop at 2.7. I remember Korea saying that in a developer blog last year. If I can find it I will link it. However, everything is subject to change. My dream would be 3.0-4.0 restored. Those were the best days.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Devir
9 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

From my understanding classic will eventually stop at 2.7. I remember Korea saying that in a developer blog last year. If I can find it I will link it. However, everything is subject to change. My dream would be 3.0-4.0 restored. Those were the best days.

3.0 with safe zones everywhere, no thanks, 4.0 with the endless repeatable quests, no thanks

The purest version of Aion is to 1.9.

I would like to see Aion Classic +

44 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

31 minutes ago, Guest Devir said:

3.0 with safe zones everywhere, no thanks, 4.0 with the endless repeatable quests, no thanks

Although my favorite patch was 4.6 or 4.7, I'd be content with it stopping at 2.7. I would just at least like them to add the housing and furniture crafting profession even if we see no additional content from 3.0

1 hour ago, Guest Devir said:

For me, the safe zone edge pvp in Tiamaranta was some of the best pvp. We had some crazy fights on the boundaries. To each their own though.

1 hour ago, Jagblade-DN said:

Although my favorite patch was 4.6 or 4.7, I'd be content with it stopping at 2.7. I would just at least like them to add the housing and furniture crafting profession even if we see no additional content from 3.0

I agree it would be nice if they'd go further but 2.5-2.7 was pretty fun as well although it does mean grinding in Gelk (again again).

12 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

For me, the safe zone edge pvp in Tiamaranta was some of the best pvp. We had some crazy fights on the boundaries. To each their own though.

I agree it would be nice if they'd go further but 2.5-2.7 was pretty fun as well although it does mean grinding in Gelk (again again).

I kinda want to skip 2.0. Lol.

It isn't happening though.

Guest velimirius
22 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I mentioned it earlier to someone, but EU publishing rights belong to Gameforge. NCWest won't host an EU server for Aion.

No not host ofc, just makes sieges timed for EU on one of the servers, thats how things were on L2 after merges, there was one NA and one EU timed server both hosted from NA cuz there was ton of EU people sticking with NC instead of going to innova for EU hosted servers.

I mean officially they are both NA hosted, just differently timed.

1 minute ago, Guest velimirius said:

No not host ofc, just makes sieges timed for EU on one of the servers, thats how things were on L2 after merges, there was one NA and one EU timed server both hosted from NA cuz there was ton of EU people sticking with NC instead of going to innova for EU hosted servers.

I mean officially they are both NA hosted, just differently timed.

Hm, well, that would be actually a neat idea. I think I do remember seeing that just few months ago when I gave L2 another go.

Guest ClassicBound1

@Kibbelz Could you please ask them to add a Legion recruitment forum so players looking for legion or members could start posting? There isn't that much time to prepare at this point and there's no official Discord server which makes it harder to find the right community to find a legion in.

Thanks in advance for your responses and your hard work!

I can't wait to play as level 40 twink scouts and go and grief the other faction by rifting. Jokes aside how are they gonna address this?

This is honestly a bad idea. Splitting the playerbase in the middle of a global pandemic. More needs to be done to get us playing with covid-19 being around.

42 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

I can't wait to play as level 40 twink scouts and go and grief the other faction by rifting. Jokes aside how are they gonna address this?

The old fashion way, Let players protect other players. You as an individual can improve your own faction by ridding your region of the opposite faction. That is what i intend to do as this was some of the best content the game has ever had to offer.

42 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

This is honestly a bad idea. Splitting the playerbase in the middle of a global pandemic. More needs to be done to get us playing with covid-19 being around.

They are bringing more players back to the game than there is players on retail. That is not splitting the playerbase, They are doing that to themselves by leaving retail.

ppl saying game wont be p2w or absolute milkin fest 4lqb8k.jpg

you are forgetting this is same company that hasnt done shit on banning hackers and bots for years, and is  eve running event where you gotta pay 100$ for triple rng crafting proc chance on xform that ppl want where u cant participate in event unless you pay. and most ppl payin 1000s on that. ou sayin that same company gonna not milk you? no shot bruh.

6 minutes ago, Guest lmao said:

ppl saying game wont be p2w or absolute milkin fest 4lqb8k.jpg

you are forgetting this is same company that hasnt done shit on banning hackers and bots for years, and is  eve running event where you gotta pay 100$ for triple rng crafting proc chance on xform that ppl want where u cant participate in event unless you pay. and most ppl payin 1000s on that. ou sayin that same company gonna not milk you? no shot bruh.

Oh no, they can try, but we can try harder to oppose them this time, they are letting us knowing it or not.

I have to say that splitting the player base in Aion Live down to only P2W players and obtaining what little anti-P2W players there are would be perfect for Aion Classic. With Aion Live gone, Aion Classic can be what was meant to be without interruption.

Guest st0n3

Everyone's so easily forgetting that bots aren't grinding for it's owner to gear, everything they produce is being sold to players who want to throw cash into the monitor but have no other opportunity but paying to bot owners, kekW

11 minutes ago, Guest st0n3 said:

Everyone's so easily forgetting that bots aren't grinding for it's owner to gear, everything they produce is being sold to players who want to throw cash into the monitor but have no other opportunity but paying to bot owners, kekW

I agree with half that statement. But yes, botting means P2W somewhere.

On unrelated note:

@KibbelzCan we have classic sieges at 8pm server time?

Guest Druggie
1 minute ago, Guest PublishingRightsQuestionM said:

I got a question. Why you don't have EU servers? 

Because the publisher in EU is Gameforge, not Ncsoft

Questions:

1. Is Aion Classic going to include some of the newer improvement of life features such as gear macros/custom chain skills?
2. Are all classes going to available or just the original 4? (Warrior, Scout, Priest, Mage)
3. Since  our population might not be as "BOOMING" as it was originally, are NPCs going to sell higher grade pots/foods, if not are the crafting recipes adjusted for lower volume mats? 
4. Are their going to be all the different types of shards like before, or just newer version of shards, and will it be like now where shards effect all classes or will be like it use to be where shards only effect melee attacks?
5. Will Rangers need to buy arrows?
6. Are Enchant rates/socket rates going to be as terrible as they use to be or will we get the new rates?
7. Is it going back to the the "if one manastone fails, all manastones get deleted" model or will it be like the current model where only that individual socket gets lost?
8. Is housing going to available to combat Soul Sickness?
9. Are we going to have the new rates for travel/soul healing or the original? 
10. Will skills be auto acquired like now, or will we have to buy the books like back in the day? 

Hi I think everyone miss the point a bit we complaining about p2w, sub vs f2p but the main problem is ability is survive.

It doesn't matter if you sub players or free players if you can't survive in Aion you wouldn't stay.
We dislike p2w greatly because we can't survive against p2w players. If you can't survive on basic daily you wouldn't have fun and if you don't have fun why even playing the game ?

It's important that everyone that will play classic can survive especially f2p players which I believed at least in the beginning will be majority group. If f2p can't survive it will connected to higher elite they will be left without anyone to playing with and mostly likely will end up like live version.

It's very important for NCwest to make sure f2p can survive. We should have system to deal with ganking don't need to be fully protect just make it hard enough for pvpers who trying to kill lowbies repeatedly.

Don't run on automate mode @Kibbelz Aion needs special care and maintenance all time you know.

Hmm maybe I was thinking about buying crown from Korea so I got a bit mixed up.

Well anyway we should have a system to deal with gankers I know not everyone will understand this but at least make it hard for them to ganking people.

Archived