Weekly Server Maintenance - September 29, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow's maintenance patch to deploy the 8.0 update will begin at 5am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). The servers should be back online approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes later and deploy the following changes:

• 8.0 is released!
  • Dream World event begins.
  • The Prophet’s Gift event begins.
  • Apsaranta’s Conquest event begins (including 1-kinah stigma equip cost).

You can find the full patch notes for 8.0 here: https://www.aiononline.com/news/patch-notes-8-0. Enjoy!

The broker commission has been adjusted.

...lets hope it became like before the destruction of broker with insane fees. Crossing fingers.

Also they decided to bring back everythign wrong with pre-6.0. They didn't like the Archdaeva feature and they are bringing it back with the Daevanion feature.

33 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

When they say something was « adjusted » it always gives me a bad feeling.

They can't put them higher, this was the highest we ever had which was like before the fix they did some years ago during 5.x (if I remember) where listing an item was minimal fee (like 0.01% or something) and selling the item was much much less than what it is now. My memory is giving up on me but I think it was less than 4% of the sale. I literally made billions because of broker trading, buying low and selling high, taking advantage of events that gave a ton of thing and selling them later when they were scarce.

I still won't forget I bought the giant berdin stars for 1~2m and spent almost 5 billions buying them, and 1~2 months after the event ended they started going for more than 20m each.

Right now it is close to 14% and to list an item is still too high. You are scared to put an item high fearing it won't sell and lose the listing fees for nothing.

7 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

Right now it is close to 14% and to list an item is still too high. You are scared to put an item high fearing it won't sell and lose the listing fees for nothing.

Yes and you are obliged to put items at high prices because of inflation we have. Imo, listing an item should be free of charge at least for the first 7 positions, after that they can apply a fee. People are hesitant to register their items on broker and that’s why the market is dead. Even though I don’t like Classic I admit it was awesome to see the broker that full.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Yes and you are obliged to put items at high prices because of inflation we have. Imo, listing an item should be free of charge at least for the first 7 positions, after that they can apply a fee. People are hesitant to register their items on broker and that’s why the market is dead. Even though I don’t like Classic I admit it was awesome to see the broker that full.

It was full also because pretty much everything is tradeable. They killed everything about an mmorpg: gathering, crafting, housing, broker trading.

And all this to fight against bots, and in the end they ended up making bots more important because they do not care about fees, they'll just put another 100 accounts to compensate.

3 minutes ago, Delicat-KT said:

Anniversary skin we'll be getting! For all the hoarders 🙀

20201110143944-Z9nvYWNwSZTTCfnAlZ1i0-v4. 20201110143951-RG6uLUNdK2yWUn9LXmIu0-v4.

And it is a 5-piece, jeez, I have no more room. I am a compulsive hoarder I need help not more skins!

On the other hand I'll be able to empty like 2 rows worth of mounts with the mount parking lot thingy, so I'll be fine for now.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I disagree with that, i think the posting fee should remain the same, just the sell fee should  be removed or lowered. This way you will avoid people just reposting the same item at lower price all the time, dumping the prices down. Its what used to happen before, with current population i doubt that its such of an issue but never the less.

6 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

unknown.png

What needs to be done this coming week?

Yeah @Kibbelz, is next weeks task a blind date, is it RNG so we have to guess what it is and whoever stumbles into it gets the reward, thats some new levels of foreplay.  Anyway, if we look the korean event, which actually has info, by memory i think it was enter UAS 10 times, but who knows, its all a guessing game here from the "most transparent administration ever".

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

It was full also because pretty much everything is tradeable. They killed everything about an mmorpg: gathering, crafting, housing, broker trading.

And all this to fight against bots, and in the end they ended up making bots more important because they do not care about fees, they'll just put another 100 accounts to compensate.

Another bad decision like removal of luna from daily afk inst.

47 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

I disagree with that, i think the posting fee should remain the same, just the sell fee should  be removed or lowered. This way you will avoid people just reposting the same item at lower price all the time, dumping the prices down. Its what used to happen before, with current population i doubt that its such of an issue but never the less.

I myself put things much cheaper than the lowest price for the said expensive item, so I make sure they sell so I won't lose the listing fees and have to relist for a lower price and even less profit.

So there goes your argument about it.

Also some items that are super expensive were prohibiting of being put in broker for fear of not being sold within 7 days, and thus LFG was full of people advertising them before they would find a buyer which is irritating.

The broker can find its equilibrium for prices if the fees aren't that obnoxiously high.

46 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Another bad decision like removal of luna from daily afk inst.

Yeah, pretty much every actual player stopped making kinah and every automated character not only does it, but if they are geared they do it faster than with luna because they kill 50 mobs in no time than having to wait half an hour afk for it to finish itself.

17 minutes ago, Sneakygravy-KT said:

@KibbelzHow do we have 21 days of login rewards but the event ends on the 13th? How do we get the fourth week event rewards? Why is there always so many holes in everything you guys give us?

They are doing this so they won't commit to anything they end up screw!ng in the end. so they are like enigmas now, once you get the rewards delivered you can't be mad, you just have an "oh, that is what it was?" moment!

On why it has so many holes in it, they prolly pass it first from Chicago before they deliver it here

21 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I myself put things much cheaper than the lowest price for the said expensive item, so I make sure they sell so I won't lose the listing fees and have to relist for a lower price and even less profit.

So there goes your argument about it.

Also some items that are super expensive were prohibiting of being put in broker for fear of not being sold within 7 days, and thus LFG was full of people advertising them before they would find a buyer which is irritating.

The broker can find its equilibrium for prices if the fees aren't that obnoxiously high.

Me neither I didn’t get what they meant, there is nothing wrong in putting items all over again, broker has unlimited space. People should feel free to put whatever they want on broker to encourage item exchange between players.

7 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

How many days between Sep 29 and Oct 13?

It's even part of the anniversary event, it's just a 8.0 thing. 

They are making it look like part of anniversary event just to pretend anniversary isn't super bad and nerfed af.

Any 8.0 free stuff:

ncwest: iN CeLeBraTiOn Of ThE AnNiVeRSaRy.......

3 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Me neither I didn’t get what they meant, there is nothing wrong in putting items all over again, broker has unlimited space. People should feel free to put whatever they want on broker to encourage item exchange between players.

I meant people removing the items from broker multiple times and reposting it cheaper than the cheapest one currently. That used to happen a lot, people sitting at broker just checking if theirs is the cheapest if someone posted cheaper, they would remove it and post it even cheaper, and that withing minutes. Having posting fee stops that practice, because once you post it a few time, on relatively expensive item you waste enough kinah just for the fee to not make it worth even selling it anymore. So lets say you post something for 100mil, and the fee is 5mil, once you post it 5 or 10 times just to get the cheapest price so you sell faster, you have spent 25-50mil on fees, making it unfeasable.

8 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

I meant people removing the items from broker multiple times and reposting it cheaper than the cheapest one currently. That used to happen a lot, people sitting at broker just checking if theirs is the cheapest if someone posted cheaper, they would remove it and post it even cheaper, and that withing minutes. Having posting fee stops that practice, because once you post it a few time, on relatively expensive item you waste enough kinah just for the fee to not make it worth even selling it anymore. So lets say you post something for 100mil, and the fee is 5mil, once you post it 5 or 10 times just to get the cheapest price so you sell faster, you have spent 25-50mil on fees, making it unfeasable.

This happened in consumables mostly where the difference was small, like some craftables were selling for 2.000 kinah and someone put it for 1.999 so the guy that was selling for 2.000 would remove it and put them for 1.998 kinah.

When I had a shining gemstone for vandals there was only one that was for 200m and I thought it was a good one, so I placed mine for 170m, it didn't sell so I placed it after 7 days for 120m and it didn't sell either. This happened a few more times and the price kept getting lower.

I ended up selling it for 40m in the end and I am sure that hopefully it covered my previous listing fees up to that point plus the selling fees for the 40m listing.

The guy who put it for 200m probably saw there was none in the broker so he thought this must have been a valuable item and I got carried by that price too.

I should have counted the times I placed it until I sold it for 40m to see how much I paid for listing fees, I could have ended up in a loss.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

This happened in consumables mostly where the difference was small, like some craftables were selling for 2.000 kinah and someone put it for 1.999 so the guy that was selling for 2.000 would remove it and put them for 1.998 kinah.

When I had a shining gemstone for vandals there was only one that was for 200m and I thought it was a good one, so I placed mine for 170m, it didn't sell so I placed it after 7 days for 120m and it didn't sell either.

I ended up selling it for 40m in the end and I am sure that hopefully it covered my previous listing fees up to that point plus the selling fees.

The guy who put it for 200m probably saw there was none in the broker so he thought this must have been a valuable item and I got carried by that price. I should have counted the times I placed it until I sold it for 40m in the end to see how much I paid for listing fees, I could have ended up in a loss.

Yeah, those broker policies are 100% unfair because both sides loose money - the vendor looses on broker fees and the buyer obviously too. The same thing happens with dazzlings, you put for 2bil - no one buys, you put for 1.5 - same and finally you end up selling for 1 bil, after having already spent another 1 bil on broker fees.

11 hours ago, Briearios said:

Just read the patch notes for 8.0 and I honestly wanted to ask.. Um.. Are there anymore to the patch notes? Lol. This patch is kind of resident sleeper..

Yeah... we could call them notpatchnotes.

Here some to read https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/8.0_Update though I don't know which "changes" our dear NCWest might have done.

Also,

H.Ello's 8.0 series: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLThLxWl8q1c1DGZTvhDhfqSQxRKtnPBUF

Hope that helps.

Lots of asmo love,
🧉Zeyra🧉

Archived