Sab

What did you select?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Survey: Merge IS with Siel?

• Yes
    • No

third possibility: none of this
Because it is not sure how to proceed
are the players from israphel welcomed or are the players from siel welcomed (as already experienced with a server merger)
or mad at us at Israphel because of popular excuses like "inflation, further loss of players, etc."...

Hi to be honest I don't see this going to change anything.

First stop pay to win way if you don't nothing will change.
Second fire all Aion staff including @Loki @Kibbelz @Hime @Gideon sorry but you all did terrible jobs. I'm not in mood to be nice when you all never care and ignore players requests all time. If you think this is unfair look back to all players that you ignored I think you deserved nothing better than fire including your bosses who ordering you behave like this.
Third ban all cheaters, AP traders, botters ,hackers their money is dirty taking it your hand just dirty as them and costing everyone else depression furious it's the crime money.

I don't expected you will do any of those 3 above so only option is die ,I can't wait to read wikipedia that said NCsoft was a failed company during greed ,mismanagement ,careless and being historically not to follow by all gaming companies.

5 hours ago, Ora said:

Lets breathe some life back into this!!! no brainer

NCSoft was quick to kill this one. They released a sudo Aion Classic instead of the real thing.  Thats why it was such a strong start, but people quickly realized it was not Aion Classic, but a combination of Retail and Aion 1.5.  

The final kicker is they reduced the AP you get in pvp so the average player has no chance of getting pvp gear, which the die hard players  and the AP traders both have theirs. Just like in retail when they nurf rifting the first time causing a huge population drop forcing server merges. 

NCSoft doesnt understand that people have different playing styles and if you nurf that playing style you lose a that group of people. NCSoft ruined it for people who like questing and for people who like rifting and for people who like Abyss PVP. They geared the game for only people who like to run Instances and Fast level to end game. All other playing styles were removed causing those people to quit playing the game.  The original design allowed for more playing styles, which is why the pop was higher.

Voting yes here is a no-brainer especially with the current state of both server populations.  The only question is if NC will fix the sieges prior to merging because all forts will go Balaur, and if the Dux/Gate HP doesn't change, the upper forts will stay red until a change is made.  The only thing that will immediately change will be rifting, dredgions, and group LFG.

6 hours ago, UnforgivingOG said:

NCSoft was quick to kill this one. They released a sudo Aion Classic instead of the real thing.  Thats why it was such a strong start, but people quickly realized it was not Aion Classic, but a combination of Retail and Aion 1.5.  

The final kicker is they reduced the AP you get in pvp so the average player has no chance of getting pvp gear, which the die hard players  and the AP traders both have theirs. Just like in retail when they nurf rifting the first time causing a huge population drop forcing server merges. 

NCSoft doesnt understand that people have different playing styles and if you nurf that playing style you lose a that group of people. NCSoft ruined it for people who like questing and for people who like rifting and for people who like Abyss PVP. They geared the game for only people who like to run Instances and Fast level to end game. All other playing styles were removed causing those people to quit playing the game.  The original design allowed for more playing styles, which is why the pop was higher.

Merging servers might extend the server's life a bit more. I am not PVP'ing enough to evaluate what you said above, so I will just have to believe you. Looking at Terminon, there's enough people. Looking at LFG, there's still groups to be made apart from FT (which makes sense since everyone progressed). Server merge would improve this quality of life for a few more months of fun play time, and thats what (at least I am) most of us are here for.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:41 AM, Ora said:

Merging servers might extend the server's life a bit more. I am not PVP'ing enough to evaluate what you said above, so I will just have to believe you. Looking at Terminon, there's enough people. Looking at LFG, there's still groups to be made apart from FT (which makes sense since everyone progressed). Server merge would improve this quality of life for a few more months of fun play time, and thats what (at least I am) most of us are here for.

Yeah no in open world pvp they give the same amount of ap as you would expect, the person above is just talking out of their ass.  You can even go back to old videos and you can see the ap gain being the same.  The only difference now is the fact they reduced ap gained in eltnen and morheim for opposing faction for some reason?  Its an idiotic change that punishes rifting.  No clue on why it was done, should be reverted honestly but wont be so gg

5 hours ago, Snacks said:

Yeah no in open world pvp they give the same amount of ap as you would expect, the person above is just talking out of their ass.  You can even go back to old videos and you can see the ap gain being the same.  The only difference now is the fact they reduced ap gained in eltnen and morheim for opposing faction for some reason?  Its an idiotic change that punishes rifting.  No clue on why it was done, should be reverted honestly but wont be so gg

Punishing rifting AP is not a bad thing.

Rifting seems to be two main activities, people doing it because of some quest, or looking for easy kills.

High geared solo gankers, or groups of gankers looking to kill lower level or poorly geared, or even looking for bots which don't fight back at all.

Rifting is not a sport like a PvP instance, it's farming and griefing.

40 minutes ago, Zarbi said:

Rifting seems to be two main activities, people doing it because of some quest, or looking for easy kills.

High geared solo gankers, or groups of gankers looking to kill lower level or poorly geared, or even looking for bots which don't fight back at all.

Amen!

If you couldn't lose XP at all and you earned XP every time you killed an opponent, then eventually you would have to level up, no twinks would exist and at the same time rifting would serve its original purpose.

As long as twinks can exist, low level rifting is not a feature anyone should care about (unless you are a twink of course)

On 11/12/2021 at 2:01 PM, Zarbi said:

That's not really why people twink. A lot of twinks, (I used to be on on Retail years and years ago) do this to try and get to level 50's who are geared and destroy them. It's an upward challenge, or fighting other twinks. As with any pvp, there are people who get stuck in the crossfire. Obviously there are people simply out to gank too, I'm not trying to take away from your statement, but a lot of twinks are looking upward too, at least me and my group did. We took pride in fighting level 50 - 55's who were geared or were in crucible gear, or other good twinks.

Even at level 50 though, you will not escape this behaviour. People will still gank and zerg you, people with lots of gear or no gear, and you'll be questing or looking for some gatherables or "enjoying the graphics".

Rifting or no rifting, that's literally the core of Aion.

So no, rifting is not just "farming and griefing", and I think speaking for those people is not classy and only shows your vitriol and bitterness.

I'm growing to become of the opinion you and Arch don't actually know what you're talking about, and you're just salty... and high on yourselves and your own opinions that pander to "the good hearts" of Aion.

Let me be clear, I'm not trying to be toxic, but I feel someone has to call that out.

And no, I do not currently have a twink, my Templar is 50 and my main, and I go out OWPvP as often as I can and pop dredge with my static, so I do play this game for pvp, both small and large scale, and I do go rifting, but I don't kill pinkies, I kill names I know and those who would try and fight/kill me. Often time I end up get zerged by low class players who hump guards in order to "farm" and "grief".

Weird how it's on both ends of the spectrum, huh?

Otherwise if someone's gathering or pops a shop or doesnt try to fight back or just runs I let them be.

Point being, not all rifters or twinks are bad people, or griefers, or looking for easy kills. It's not fair 'nor classy to talk about people that way, and tbh you appear very ignorant, both of people and what Aion actually is. Your takes usually seem very confused anyway though, I'm not surprised.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, Adla said:

That's not really why people twink. A lot of twinks, (I used to be on on Retail years and years ago) do this to try and get to level 50's who are geared and destroy them. It's an upward challenge, or fighting other twinks.

...so why when FT was implemented twinking died too? FT was only for those who wanted to level safely, the high levels were still on their end game map and the other twinks could still go rifting in low level maps yet somehow every twinks with pride and rivalry came to forums to whine on how FT destroyed twinking (as if that was a bad thing).

So you are telling me a level 40 twink could kill a level 50 char that was also geared with golden items? I mean god forbid if you could do that because if you ever reached level 50 with golden gear too you should be able to take a whole group by yourself at this point. You most likely targeted a level 50 with 1 gold item and the rest where white/green and you took pride in it.

Whoever wants to do actual real pvp and open the whole potential of it, gets end game and gets geared with the best items. Whoever stay slow level intentionally doesn't want to challenge the good pvpers but rather get the easy part of the game at a lower level with less offense.

~~

The only good thing about twinking was when low level chars asked us (the end game users) to go to leveling maps and defend them against twinks. Twinks then came to the forums to complain that high level chars kill them and this should be bannable or something.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, Adla said:

I'm growing to become of the opinion you and Arch don't actually know what you're talking about

...oh but we do.

Twinking died when FT was out, point blank period. That is not an opinion it is a fact. If you do not know that you played another game!

Archived