Forums

The Giving Grove Returns Reward List

Cyan

4 hours ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

You know the biggest complaint about this event last time was the amount of junk rewards there was and its very high drop rate. You could spend hundreds of nutrients on maxed out trees and get nothing good to show for it. A lot of rewards like last time do not reflect 5.0 content.

-It needs major felicitous socketing mythic, remove both greater variants

-Tike manastone bundle should be atleast +7. In the Luna weekly you already can open the chest at the end once you have the key for 90 +6 manastones of your choice. On that note the 'Noble composite bundle' is a random level 60 or 70 composite. Superior manastone bundle, is just level 70 superior manastones. All of these are out classed by achdaeva manastones, the only ones that can serve use from older content are the eternal ancient manastones.

-Pallasite crystal or ore is useless, as no one can or bother to purify IS, DR, or IO gear.

-Kunax accessories. You literally addressed this in the December preview and yet here it is as a reward. Hyperion gear is okay as one can actually get it to 15 with the shining enchantment stones for PvE.

-Heroic godstone, really there are illusion godstones out there.

-Enchantment Stone Dust (x82) Oddly specific, and please no need for that, just make it 2k, don't troll the player base with crappy rewards.

Please people had problems with this event last time and now you're not even bothering to learn from past mistakes. Put some cute minion contracts, some minium boxes, greater supplement bags, skill cards, Luna, boundless hope/ glory/ honour gear. Actually give stuff that is relevant to content we have right now.

This pretty much exactly. LITERALLY NO ONE USES ETERNAL WTF IS THAT ETERNAL BOX DOING IN THE LIST. ENCHANTMENT STONE DUST WTF. 

There are 2 different rewards of enchantment stone dust in that third to last box and shining enchantment stones. Unless I'm missing something the dust is useless except for crafting (which takes insane xp until 5.8) and its already way too easy to get with disenchants. And those yellow stones literally have no use or else someone tell me when theyre good. Upgrade arcade already had some of the worst prizes ever and its rates were terrible this time around too. Stop making all these trash items in event. If you're going to make all the items in non-NCoin events trash just dont even bother

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mhm Kunax accessory box .. and Pure IS gear  .. LVL 65 things that actually  in that list of trash look like you even got lucky to get them

good for whoever like me wont give a damn of this stupid  time consuming  trash reward event

Too bad Pure IS gear wont  match with those AMAZING  +3 tike manastones bundles you guys wanna reward us with

Set those trees on fire . that  winter is cold..Thank you :P

Very disappointing... The only useful reward I can pick out of this long list is the Greater Felicitous Socketing Box (Mythic) but everything else is quite not on point. I can see that they tried to "update" it somehow by throwing in some BoS wings but that's about it. *sighs* Not much else to add on this one since most of the others already mentioned their point of views.

One more thing, don't be so harsh on @Cyan since I don't think this reward list set up is all on him or not even at all. He's been so active and trying to help. <3

Well this list is a head-scratcher. Maybe we have different definitions of what "updated" means?

To whomever is in charge of "updating" reward lists-

In the future when you "update" an event reward list just adding one or two current items isn't enough. You may wish to look over the forums for things that your players need and want and see if you can add those things to the list. Perhaps look for things that are hard to get in game currently or are used frequently. But just as big of a deal as adding new things to the list is -removing- things that are no longer viable for use in your game. If you are having trouble figuring out what is and isn't of use currently in your game, perhaps you could ask your players. I am sure most of us would be very willing to help.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

I was hoping the rewards would be updated, seeing the rewards from other regions (unbinding stones, skill boost reassignment scrolls...) I thought we would get the same. At least we get snowballs after this event.

My goodness if this is the case then we got a serious problem with the event team in NA.

6 hours ago, Ursa-KT said:

Quick question to people who think this event has good mechanics - care to explain why? I'm genuinely curious.

Well it got the community involved where we get these nutrients by farming instances and we fertilise the tree of our choice and we would get a present and a magic seed. With faction coordination you would pass the seed all to one person who would combine the lot into a special seed that upgrades the tree from one stage to the next. I was a very unique event and with 3 trees there is lots in decision making. An event that brings the community is one with good mechanics, but unfortunately you need the communicate to actually participate for this event to even take off, and sadly the rewards reflect that.

11 minutes ago, Ozone-DN said:

is fair cause next events put us rich, snowball is coming after this event?

Just because we are getting a good event next, does not mean its okay for an event to be bad. All events should aim to be good, and should not depend upon the success of other events to value its own success.

Yay for post 100.

lol. players now wanna major felicitous socketings/minion contracts/tempering/omega everytime when they login?

i think its was too many events past months!

players only sitting and waiting for next events and large reward list .. but this ruining economy bcoz players don't have kinah now

23 minutes ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

Just because we are getting a good event next, does not mean its okay for an event to be bad. All events should aim to be good, and should not depend upon the success of other events to value its own success.

Events are to supplement your methods to acquire items, not completely replace them. Good events devalue actually playing the game.

If I had it my way events would be things like Daevadome, and World Boss spawns, or something like double (or hell, infinite) Arena entries. Get players active and out into the world. Rewarding gameplay in new or interesting ways. But instead people want great gear from Snowball armies...

10 hours ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

-Tike manastone bundle should be atleast +7.

hey man .. here a lot +7 cheap manastones on the broker. U know what is Aetherforging? How can i levelup aetherforging if 1000 noobs put +7 manastones on the broker?

29 minutes ago, Scout-DN said:

lol. players now wanna major felicitous socketings/minion contracts/tempering/omega everytime when they login?

i think its was too many events past months!

players only sitting and waiting for next events and large reward list .. but this ruining economy bcoz players don't have kinah now

No one said the chance of getting the really good things should be high. They never are. BUT.. there should be things we actually use in the list and not things that are 4 or 5 patches outdated. Pure IS gear? When was the last time you ran IS? Kunax accessories? When was the last time Kunax was even in the game?

14 minutes ago, Mempo-KT said:

Events are to supplement your methods to acquire items, not completely replace them. Good events devalue actually playing the game.

If I had it my way events would be things like Daevadome, and World Boss spawns, or something like double (or hell, infinite) Arena entries. Get players active and out into the world. Rewarding gameplay in new or interesting ways. But instead people want great gear from Snowball armies...

I agree with what you said but I was only just disagreeing with someone who said it was okay for Giving Grove to be a crap event because we would be getting the 'good' Frozen magic event next.

Giving Grove will encourage players to participate more in instances with other players, and it would work better if NCsoft actually replace the rewards with 5.x ones.

1 minute ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

I agree with what you said but I was only just disagreeing with someone who said it was okay for Giving Grove to be a crap event because we would be getting the 'good' Frozen magic event next.

Giving Grove will encourage players to participate more in instances with other players, and it would work better if NCsoft actually replace the rewards with 5.x ones.

I just can't agree with giving good rewards from events that do not affect gameplay, or reward good gameplay.

1 hour ago, Mempo-KT said:

I just can't agree with giving good rewards from events that do not affect gameplay, or reward good gameplay.

yeah. u wanna harvester weap/accs/gear/wings + major fel + omega

then Royal Guard Captain weap/accs/gear/wings + major fel + omega + tempering

+ free +10 plume/bracelet

thats all

Well, I'm fresh out of Saam's King Herbs   but otherwise, this is more of the Grinch event- not a "Merry Christmas" event.If the point of this event is to encourage community involvement (which it did last time on Tiamat,   it was interesting) - I predict  a lot of people not bothering this time around.

18 minutes ago, Scout-DN said:

yeah. u wanna harvester weap/accs/gear/wings + major fel + omega

then Royal Guard Captain weap/accs/gear/wings + major fel + omega + tempering

+ free +10 plume/bracelet

thats all

Way to exaggerate.

How about instead of pure IS gear or Kunax accessories (introduced in 2014 and out of date for a year+), they substitute Library or Appollon gear? Not the highest gear and many will use them just as disenchants, but at least it's current gear.

How about instead of Palasite ore they give aetherforging crafting items?

How about instead of Greater Fel Socketing (for 65 and under) they give Major Fel Socketing (for 80 and under) and get rid of the eternal one completely?

How about instead of 82 enchantment dust they give scrolls (one hour? 30 min? 10 min? Hell.. even 5 min!) and aetherforged food? How about putting in the upgraded potions? And I am not talking about 100s. 5 scrolls or potions would be fine.

The sheer amount of outdated -crap- on the reward list is mind boggling. No one that actually plays Aion so much as glanced at that list.

very good rewards for all faction is: 

Spirit Stone of Eternity (x5) , Revival Stone, Essence Core, Saam King's Herbs

But here is the problem: 99% players from Brasil don't understand what to do.

Same problem was with "Candy Blast" event ...

We need more simple events

@Cyan Dang it, I've been waiting for frozen magic for 11 months!!!

I was really hoping that we'd get an extended period of Frozen Magic, like all December ( at least 3 weeks of it if not 4) as it's almost Everyone's favorite event, i would like to give the giving tree back to you so it may inspire you guys to Give us Frozen Magic next week k, thnx!

Archived