Gear Disparity current patch

Rogaine-DN

@Cyan @Hime The compensation gear that was handed out to people was a genuine mistake and has hit the very market that you were trying to entice back to play this game.  People received emails asking them to come back to 'the old but new' Aion and try it out.

Being one/two shot because you are wearing campaign gear and although you are in a group or two, somehow a couple of red/purple geared opposition players can run you over like roadkill, isn't the height of fun or entertainment.  I have compensation on my main and while it isn't the best of the best it is enough for me to see that a group of players hammering on my toon and not making a scratch there is something seriously flawed with the game.

Returning players I know have played and left..why because not damaging anything and no chance of survival is just a cause of frustration and they aren't going to face the same thing day after day for months.

I have some compensation gear and am not have  a very enjoyable experience- and this coming from someone who had a full +15 set of the best PVP gear, who never stopped playing my only gear over +20 was a weapon and one piece of armor.

A number of people have talked about how the old BM gear was better, and I agree. That being said, I don't see that giving players some compensation giving that their old gear is worthless was unfair. It was your choice to stop playing - why should you expect to be on the same level as people who kept improving their gear? What could have been adjusted was the level of compensation.

In any case- that email was a mistake- why anyone would trust marketing is beyond me- the old Aion is gone. This isn't the old Aion and it isn't coming back.If anything  it should say welcome to the new Aion, period.

On 09/11/2018 at 1:42 PM, Rogaine-DN said:

I have compensation on my main and while it isn't the best of the best it is enough for me to see that a group of players hammering on my toon and not making a scratch there is something seriously flawed with the game.

Returning players I know have played and left..why because not damaging anything and no chance of survival is just a cause of frustration and they aren't going to face the same thing day after day for months.

Yeah, I agree with what your saying. Many people who returned will slowly leave, I seen a couple of glads taken on an alliance and hardly get scratched. Doesn't seem right to me..

• 3 weeks later...

This patch was never about old aion imo. Never in the entire Aion history players received compensation. NEVER! this is not the first major patch. We had them before. They never handed out compensation gear. Compensation gear destroyed the entire PVP in this game. And here is some more bad news for you guys. You know how it was said that Winged champion is only second best gear in game, and that THE BEST GEAR will be a new one blah blah. Well i'm sorry to say but the difference between them is sooooooooo little. 

The reality is that Ultimate Genesis is only a little bit better then Winged Champion. My Ultimate firebrand that i have worked since the patch came out is identical with a Ultimate Champion version (ofc the rest of my gear is ancient). There is only a small difference in optional stats, very small one. Meanwhile after 2 month almost i have one Ultimate while other have 50% or more ultimate on them. 

GG NCFail.

Mire out! 

Well the sad fact of this whole thing is that they really don't care. They catered to the whales who were able to get their gear up to that point in those 3 weeks or so, to where they would have full +15 ultimate gear with the exchange because that's who benefited them the most and who will continue to benefit them the most. Those are the ones who are going to continue blowing huge amounts of money regardless of what nonsense they told you that they hope you will believe. This update wasn't to change the way the game was so imbalanced, because it's going to continue to be imbalanced for ages to come. As long as NCSoft is pulling in tons of money from the people who can afford to keep throwing it at them, then they will continue to keep making those people happy, plain and simple.

1 hour ago, Furby-KT said:

You could always roll a toon on EK where there was no compensation gear.

I did, and it's much more balanced.

I know that's an option for some people but a lot of people shouldn't have to and won't go that route because they have characters they've invested time into and not to mention the legion's they're a part of and the friends they more than likely have on their home server. So while I applaud your out of the box thinking, to have to resort to that just to avoid the mistake they've made with the gear is an even bigger slap in the face.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game! I love the concept of what they've done in Lakrum with the camps and the interwoven aspect of pve and pvp and if things were a tad bit more balanced, it would actually be extremely fun! My only hope is that eventually things will indeed balance out as more of us (myself included) start to get some of the better gear and things don't feel so off tilt. For now I suppose we're just going to have to stomach the frustration and anguish while we attempt to do some of the activities and get rolled by the super geared opposing faction. (shrugs)

IMHO it's not NCWest's fault players got compensation gear. This was something that was imposed by KR. KR develops content and changes gear. KR did not update the old gear to match the new math and meta, and added the compensation gear.

They should've just updated the old gear to the new stats and then add the new gear for people to farm it. Why they chose to simply hand over gear is beyond me.

In BM gear we was able to stand and hurt players in AP gears, now in Ancient genesis set we have no chance. 3-4 ppl roll over full alliance, yeah for sure its "normal". screw that

No new players will come to get rolled over for 6-12 months till they make +10 legendary set.

I wanna be hearing this.

"Oh Unbeatable Unbeatable, were you ever so right, we should have listened to you, our great one"

Before any of you say, "you're only saying it because you're the one without compensation gear". No. I have a full +15 legendary compensation PvP set on KT so I'm actually speaking from the view point of one these higher ups that has the upper hand over the people that started from scratch whether it'd be a returning or a new player. I have disagreed with the compensation set before the release of 6.2 and I still continue to disagree with it, especially having the experience now within the patch of what compensation really feels like.

You guys didn't want to listen, and everybody thought it was a fair way to compensate old players. Well, I hope you're enjoying roflstomping the ancient geared players cuz as you see, they're slowly going away because they're tired of competing for something that's way out of their league.

With that said, the damage is done, the compensation gear is here to say. Now enjoy playing the unbalanced PvP life on KT/DN. You guys asked for it. You guys got it.

On the other hand, for the people bitching and whining about it, once again, realize that the compensation gear is here to stay. So either do us a favor and just quit because you're tired of getting stomped by these overpowered figures that could literally take on alliances themselves, or join the new server EK where things are actually balanced. There is a reason why there is a new server... for people to start from scratch and for people not to deal with these issues such as having a huge ass advantage that will take months on months to even come close to catching up to.

Check.

EK isn't balanced. On the old servers it's compensation vs. non-compensation. On EK it's pay2win vs. non-pay2win. Anyone rolling on EK believing that they will not get rolled by people in much better gear are kidding themselves. 

Believing that PvP is ever going to be "fair" in terms of gear is just silly. Pay2win. NoLifers. Compensation gear. Hacks. The list goes on and on and on. There is always going to be someone with a leg up over others. Some legit and some very much not legit. Compensation gear is just the newest iteration of a very old song.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

EK isn't balanced. On the old servers it's compensation vs. non-compensation. On EK it's pay2win vs. non-pay2win. Anyone rolling on EK believing that they will not get rolled by people in much better gear are kidding themselves. 

Believing that PvP is ever going to be "fair" in terms of gear is just silly. Pay2win. NoLifers. Compensation gear. Hacks. The list goes on and on and on. There is always going to be someone with a leg up over others. Some legit and some very much not legit. Compensation gear is just the newest iteration of a very old song.

Are you pulling this out of your ass or are you talking from personal experience on EK?

P2W at this point in time only gets you ahead so much... a very minimal margin in comparison to the compensation gear which creates a ridiculous gap. Since there are no events that freely give out gear or stones or anything else that's truly valuable in this game, P2W is not much of P2W now anyways.

Let me break it down for you.

I have spent about $2k in EK ever since it released. Spent $500 on contracts, got a Sheba. Is it much different that any of the ancient contracts? Minimal difference. Only contract that has a huge jump is the ultimate one which I'm sure people would have to spend $10k+ usd to get, which I'm pretty sure no one has or has attempted to get just yet.

Spent about 1k USD in luna. I abuse luna. Literally. I abuse it in self-rezzing. What advantage does this give you? Other than the idea of not wasting time to get back to the place you were, there is not much to it. I've also abused luna in spamming PvE dungeons for PvE gear. The PvE aspect is not even a problem in this discussion, it's the PvP problem of having a major gap in PvP items. So with that said, I also abuse luna to spam PvP dungeons. For someone that is short on luna, realistically only one dungeon worth spamming is dreg, but I spam dreg, ID, EC. With that said, the ratio of you getting a legendary PvP stone is like 1:10, which is no where near P2W as in the end, not only is there a huge chance for the legendary stone to fail, but you also hardly come by it.

I also spent about $500 in lockboxes/keys. The only benefit of getting this is literally to get lucky pouches which give kinah. Is this P2W? I'd say no. I have friends in game who don't waste a dime on this game and have more kinah than me. Their secret? Grind literally ~3 hours a day, with all the junk that you sell to npc and with all the stones you grind and could sell,... you make a killing. With that said is it truly P2W? No. I do this because unlike most you out there, I work 60-80 hours/week, meaning I have less time to spend on this game (meaning I can't grind mobs as much as all of u), and because of my high salary and because I don't even wanna be bothered with grinding mobs, I just swipe to get kinah the easy way. So am I at an advantage in comparison to other people by swiping? Yes, in terms of saving time. No, in terms of having an upper hand to use the kinah just like they have an opportunity to do so.

With that said, this 2k usd has "bought" me a full ancient PvP set, with a +10 legendary tome and 3 legendary +0 armor pieces. Funny that some people I know that haven't spent a dime on this game have much more gear than me... hmm I wonder why? Could it be because swiping at this point in time is not P2W at all pretty much? Preposterous.

So I ask you again, are you pulling this out of your ass or are you talking from personal experience on EK and personal experience in spending a few grand right now in game?

Because I'm talking from personal experience on EK and spending a few grand.

Your turn.

You just proved my point.

Look what you have and then look at what a "normal" non-pay2win has. Legendary transform, 3 pieces of legendary PvP gear (one of which, your weapon, is +10) and more kinah than the average player (due to lockbox keys). While the average EK player is still struggling to get that first piece of legendary piece of gear, is running 15% slower with their ancient transform and is struggling to pay the fee to change their stigmas.. and that's if they can afford to buy their second set from the broker.

How is that any different than someone with your gear going up against someone who has ultimate gear? 

And as you point out, you aren't even all that pay2win. Imagine what the -really- pay2winners have on EK!

You are overreacting. I am not attacking you. I am not putting down those that make good money and decide to spend it on their gaming habit. I know quite a few and most of them are really nice people and fun to play with. If you have it and can afford it, by all means! Spend away. It helps us all as people like you keep the lights on at NCWest. My prestige and small purchases now and again aren't going to do much more than buy donuts for the office once a week.

What I am saying is that running about wanting a pat on the back because you were correct about a new server and compensation gear is really short sighted. There is a gear gap on EK and it is every bit as frustrating as the one that exists on the old servers. Getting the snot kicked out of you by someone more geared doesn't hurt less because it's legendary gear and not ultimate gear. It's nor fun no matter the color of the gear.

29 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Are you pulling this out of your ass or are you talking from personal experience on EK?

P2W at this point in time only gets you ahead so much... a very minimal margin in comparison to the compensation gear which creates a ridiculous gap. Since there are no events that freely give out gear or stones or anything else that's truly valuable in this game, P2W is not much of P2W now anyways.

Let me break it down for you.

I have spent about $2k in EK ever since it released. Spent $500 on contracts, got a Sheba. Is it much different that any of the ancient contracts? Minimal difference. Only contract that has a huge jump is the ultimate one which I'm sure people would have to spend $10k+ usd to get, which I'm pretty sure no one has or has attempted to get just yet.

Spent about 1k USD in luna. I abuse luna. Literally. I abuse it in self-rezzing. What advantage does this give you? Other than the idea of not wasting time to get back to the place you were, there is not much to it. I've also abused luna in spamming PvE dungeons for PvE gear. The PvE aspect is not even a problem in this discussion, it's the PvP problem of having a major gap in PvP items. So with that said, I also abuse luna to spam PvP dungeons. For someone that is short on luna, realistically only one dungeon worth spamming is dreg, but I spam dreg, ID, EC. With that said, the ratio of you getting a legendary PvP stone is like 1:10, which is no where near P2W as in the end, not only is there a huge chance for the legendary stone to fail, but you also hardly come by it.

I also spent about $500 in lockboxes/keys. The only benefit of getting this is literally to get lucky pouches which give kinah. Is this P2W? I'd say no. I have friends in game who don't waste a dime on this game and have more kinah than me. Their secret? Grind literally ~3 hours a day, with all the junk that you sell to npc and with all the stones you grind and could sell,... you make a killing. With that said is it truly P2W? No. I do this because unlike most you out there, I work 60-80 hours/week, meaning I have less time to spend on this game (meaning I can't grind mobs as much as all of u), and because of my high salary and because I don't even wanna be bothered with grinding mobs, I just swipe to get kinah the easy way. So am I at an advantage in comparison to other people by swiping? Yes, in terms of saving time. No, in terms of having an upper hand to use the kinah just like they have an opportunity to do so.

With that said, this 2k usd has "bought" me a full ancient PvP set, with a +10 legendary tome and 3 legendary +0 armor pieces. Funny that some people I know that haven't spent a dime on this game have much more gear than me... hmm I wonder why? Could it be because swiping at this point in time is not P2W at all pretty much? Preposterous.

So I ask you again, are you pulling this out of your ass or are you talking from personal experience on EK and personal experience in spending a few grand right now in game?

Because I'm talking from personal experience on EK and spending a few grand.

Your turn.

A fool and their money soon part

1 hour ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

I have spent about $2k in EK ever since it released.

Thank you for your continued support in keeping servers alive and for working long hours to support the millions on welfare like myself who will always have better gear then yourself and will continue to rek that purity little booty 100-0 in the arena.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

You just proved my point.

Look what you have and then look at what a "normal" non-pay2win has. Legendary transform, 3 pieces of legendary PvP gear (one of which, your weapon, is +10) and more kinah than the average player (due to lockbox keys). While the average EK player is still struggling to get that first piece of legendary piece of gear, is running 15% slower with their ancient transform and is struggling to pay the fee to change their stigmas.. and that's if they can afford to buy their second set from the broker.

How is that any different than someone with your gear going up against someone who has ultimate gear? 

And as you point out, you aren't even all that pay2win. Imagine what the -really- pay2winners have on EK!

You are overreacting. I am not attacking you. I am not putting down those that make good money and decide to spend it on their gaming habit. I know quite a few and most of them are really nice people and fun to play with. If you have it and can afford it, by all means! Spend away. It helps us all as people like you keep the lights on at NCWest. My prestige and small purchases now and again aren't going to do much more than buy donuts for the office once a week.

What I am saying is that running about wanting a pat on the back because you were correct about a new server and compensation gear is really short sighted. There is a gear gap on EK and it is every bit as frustrating as the one that exists on the old servers. Getting the snot kicked out of you by someone more geared doesn't hurt less because it's legendary gear and not ultimate gear. It's nor fun no matter the color of the gear.

Jesus christ, I'm talking to someone with an IQ of 50.

Did you read my post at all? Or do I literally have to re-write it again? Cuz I'm not sure anything that I wrote in my previous post stuck in your head.

I'll re-write it again for you. Maybe this time that IQ of 50 will absorb at least one or two points.

1) Sheba transform? Is it much different that any of the ancient contracts? Minimal difference. Once again, coming from a guy that has used both saying it's minimal difference. Only contract that has a huge jump is the ultimate one which I'm sure people would have to spend $10k+ usd to get, which I'm pretty sure no one has or has attempted to get just yet.

2) PvP tome and 3 legendary armor pieces, you think I'm actually considered geared? I just pointed out to you previously there are people that haven't spent a dime on this game and have more legendary pieces than me. Your point on the fact that I use P2W methods to get me ahead is completely invalid because like I said, there are people more geared than me that have not spent a dime on this game.

3) As for kinah, I've clearly pointed out that even though I've spent 500$ buying lucky pouches through lockboxes, there are people that have way more kinah than me (a specific non-p2w individual that comes to mind that currently has 700 mil on EK) just by simply grinding approximately 3 hours a day. Once again, your point on P2W is invalid that it gives people a major advantage when you take into consideration that people that are P2W such as myself only have the courtesy to throw money around because we work more hours than most of you and thus have less time to play in game... and in this case grind mobs to make that kinah in game like a non-p2w player does.

Your though of "an average EK" player is grossly wrong. I'm not sure if you're referring to yourself or just the idea of how you think an average player on EK is... but if you're struggling to pay your stigma charge kinah fees or if you think that an average player on EK doesn't own a few legendary pieces already, then you are sadly mistaken. The person you are describing as "an average EK player" is sadly not even a casual... as even casuals have more than that... but literally the bottom of the server that have literally either just started this week or players that are relatively new and literally don't know how this game works and what they need to do to progress.

In the end, I also get what you're trying to point out and that is what's the difference on starting on EK when people do have legendary gear as comparison to the difference there is currently in the older servers with ultimate compensation gear? The difference is one whole tier, and keep in mind there is only 3 tiers. And also keep in mind that people have a full set of ultimate compensation gear where as on EK you don't even have a full legendary set yet and not even +'d yet. So yes, there is a gear difference on both server, but it's minimally marginal on EK where as compared to KT/DN where the compensation gear literally ruined every aspect of PvP.

Once again, you're welcome on being right. I'm just not sure if it's the IQ of 50 preventing you guys of thinking ahead into the future and how it'll affect the game, but hey, nothing new in this world, people are always narrow minded.

24 minutes ago, WeinerWeaver-DN said:

Thank you for your continued support in keeping servers alive and for working long hours to support the millions on welfare like myself who will always have better gear then yourself and will continue to rek that purity little booty 100-0 in the arena.

2k is chump change. So yeah, no problem.

And you're a no-name. Stay a no-name. I'd gladly 1v1 and post it on here to embarrass you like I've embarrassed 90% of the people that have called me out in the past 9 years on here thinking they're at all good at this game.

So let me know if you want to be embarrassed. I'm always up to putting people to shame.

9 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Did you read my post at all? Or do I literally have to re-write it again? Cuz I'm not sure anything that I wrote in my previous post stuck in your head.

I'll re-write it again for you. Maybe this time that IQ of 50 will absorb at least one or two points.

1) Sheba transform? Is it much different that any of the ancient contracts? Minimal difference. Once again, coming from a guy that has used both saying it's minimal difference. Only contract that has a huge jump is the ultimate one which I'm sure people would have to spend $10k+ usd to get, which I'm pretty sure no one has or has attempted to get just yet.

2) PvP tome and 3 legendary armor pieces, you think I'm actually considered geared? I just pointed out to you previously there are people that haven't spent a dime on this game and have more legendary pieces than me. Your point on the fact that I use P2W methods to get me ahead is completely invalid because like I said, there are people more geared than me that have not spent a dime on this game.

3) As for kinah, I've clearly pointed out that even though I've spent 500$ buying lucky pouches through lockboxes, there are people that have way more kinah than me (a specific non-p2w individual that comes to mind that currently has 700 mil on EK) just by simply grinding approximately 3 hours a day. Once again, your point on P2W is invalid that it gives people a major advantage when you take into consideration that people that are P2W such as myself only have the courtesy to throw money around because we work more hours than most of you and thus have less time to play in game... and in this case grind mobs to make that kinah in game like a non-p2w player does.

Your though of "an average EK" player is grossly wrong. I'm not sure if you're referring to yourself or just the idea of how you think an average player on EK is... but if you're struggling to pay your stigma charge kinah fees or if you think that an average player on EK doesn't own a few legendary pieces already, then you are sadly mistaken. The person you are describing as "an average EK player" is sadly not even a casual... as even casuals have more than that... but literally the bottom of the server that have literally either just started this week or players that are relatively new and literally don't know how this game works and what they need to do to progress.

In the end, I also get what you're trying to point out and that is what's the difference on starting on EK when people do have legendary gear as comparison to the difference there is currently in the older servers with ultimate compensation gear? The difference is one whole tier, and keep in mind there is only 3 tiers. And also keep in mind that people have a full set of ultimate compensation gear where as on EK you don't even have a full legendary set yet and not even +'d yet. So yes, there is a gear difference on both server, but it's minimally marginal on EK where as compared to KT/DN where the compensation gear literally ruined every aspect of PvP.

Once again, you're welcome on being right. I'm just not sure if it's the IQ of 50 preventing you guys of thinking ahead into the future and how it'll affect the game, but hey, nothing new in this world, people are always narrow minded.

And you're a no-name. Stay a no-name. I'd gladly 1v1 and post it on here to embarrass you like I've embarrassed 90% of the people that have called me out in the past 9 years on here thinking they're at all good at this game.

So let me know if you want to be embarrassed. I'm always up to putting people to shame.

is this aeros cause it sounds like aeros

Goodness, @Unbeatable-KT.

I am trying to be kind about this, but I think you are just really out of touch. Out of touch with the common players on EK and out of touch with the common men and women who play this game for whom "chump change" is $20 and $2k is a serious windfall.

For DN and KT, you are decently geared. For EK you are a god. You may as well be in ultimates for how difficult it is for the average EK player to hit you. And dear Aion in Ateria! The difference between an ancient and a legendary transformation is night and day. I can't believe you are going to even argue that the difference is negligible.

As for the real money, yeah. 

Going to just leave it there. I think I have maxed out my "Be Insulted, Belittled and Looked Down Upon" points for the day.

58 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

I'll re-write it again for you. Maybe this time that IQ of 50 will absorb at least one or two points

Just because someone is telling you to evaluate your opinion on something because they believe you are not completely informed is not a good reason to start throwing insults.

Stat differences between Sheba and Ereshkigal Drakan. Tehji is also close too stat lineup.

Attack Speed +5% (nearly equivalent to taking off PvE Ancient gloves)

Casting Speed + 4% 

Movement Speed + 15% (equivalent to taking off PvE Legendary Boots)

Heal Boost +6

Physical Attack +10

Magical Attack + 10

Magical Resistance +114

Physical Crit + 119 (Tehji + 27)

Magical Crit + 119 (Tehji + 27)

Physical Defense - 38

Magical Defense - 38

The minor stats (after movement speed), yeah, there aren't really major differences. It's the speed stats that are important. I think you put too little value in run speed. Run speed allows you to catch someone or run away. And both of those are important PvP tactics.

The Ultimate has a +10% speed boost over legendary which is less than legendary over ancient to put it in perspective. Where ultimate really boosts is Attack and Casting Speed.

A legendary PvP tome gains +12% casting speed over ancient plus I'm going to hedge an average of 10-15% better stats. at +10 you also have additional PVP attack and defense. The armor pieces likely also have a 10-15% increase. Base stats matter in this game. Yeah sure the other pvp attack and defense help, but honestly, they had to make a difference between ancient +15 and legendary +0. And that has to do with base stats. I would wager that Ultimate PvE +0 would fare better than legendary pvp +10 maybe even +15.

Also, one glaring problem I see with your argument. You are saying you know people who are better off. How many out of the EK population? I don't know the size of the EK server population, but I would guess even 15 people is not statistically significant. If true, your small sample size cannot accurately represent the whole. I think Aly is more likely correct on this. It is highly more probable that a new server will have lower total available wealth as there has been less time to accumulate it. 

There is a gear gap, and its considerable. There are players that my most powerfull skill hits for 1400 damage, on a crit. Others get hit for 4k using the same skill.

Having that said, I consider myself a little bit more than casual, and I already rerolled from Elyos with +15 ancient bow and 5 pieces of ancient gear. Leveled 3 asmodian characters to 80, I have a gladiador in full ancient +6, legendary pole +5, full stigmas and now im rerollig to my ranger cuz im like that. 

I could be more geared if not for the rerolls, at least 4 pieces of legendary had i not rerolled. 

Gearig is not hard if you do the basics, it will just take some time because the rates are diculous.

3 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Do you still drool like you got autism when you play games? 

miss your stream x

3 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

fire up that stream aeros miss ya

Archived