Siege times and PVP windows

Hellish-DN

mm. yes we used to have changes in time according to Day Light Savings before. But I do not remember when they stoped that. 

Now the sieges are at 9:00 PM server time and PvP instances from 8:00 PM to 2 AM Server. Where I live, we are 3 hours later than that, so can be really nice to me to have them earlier.   I´m not sure about how the players are distributed in the different time zones. 

17 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Daylight Savings Time and the way it's handled in this game is a massive nyerk you to the East Coast with those who work regular office hours.

And people who don't have DST. :c

Sieges during weekday have always been at 11pm for me whether it's DST or not. ;_;

2 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Daylight Savings Time and the way it's handled in this game is a massive nyerk you to the East Coast with those who work regular office hours.

Indeed it is. Please consider moving siege time and the pvp windows back an hour. 11:00 pm is way too late for these to take place.  A lot of us have to go to school or work the in the morning.

I'd like to see a compromise that would make much of the player base happy. Will we get it?  I highly doubt it.  For some reason, a few years ago, they stopped adjusting time for DST. I thought these were North American servers. In North America we observe DST. I really did enjoy participating in the sieges. I guess that has now come to an end weekdays for me.  Past 11:00 pm is too late for me to stay up. I hope there are lots of 2nd shift employees that will now make it to the sieges.

It's hard not to think about oneself when one plays a game for enjoyment and part of that enjoyment was sieges. Would be nice if they would make a poll and ask the players what they want.... I'll wait...….

17 hours ago, NoSpoon-KT said:

You all seem to only think of yourselves what about all the 2nd shift workers who can actually get home in time for siege now.

They should make the fort vulnerable 24/7, whoever is squatting in it owns it just like how some states are with real life houses in the United States.

Even if we only take into consideration the time zones in USA, I think it could be hard to find a perfect time for the sieges and PvP windows. I think no matter the time, somebody will think that is too early and somebody will think it is too late. :S 

If we also include all the other countries in America and the fact that the Day light saving times are opposite between north and south... 

But as somebody who lives in UTC -3 zone.... It would be nice (for me) to have the siege a little earlier.

Archived