@cyan really 2 seconds kill 1 vandal

alexxha-KT

It all depends on your equipment. I get two shot by a Vandal on KT (I'm also a Vandal). Thing is he is 16/19 ultimate pieces on gear, and I'm half legendary and half ancient. Any class would kill me with that big of gap on gear, it doesn't matter how many hits.

Sure Vandals hit hard af, but they can still be locked. You need to know their buffs.

20 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We knew Vandal would be a big op class initially and it will still be too op in 7.2 not much will be nerfed except his laser. Imagine playing a sorc likeme, we are even more useless now, there is a far better dps class out there that is also the best in pvp and pve.

Yeah, I have kind of stopped playing my sorc except for event-like stuff. Feelsbadman.

Vandals do a shit ton of damage but they have weaknesses to. If you’re undergeared, you’re going to struggle against any geared class.  As a ranged class you need to abuse your distance advantage. Vandals can be kited since they don’t have a speed boost. The teleport takes forever in real terms and you can bury silence or something else in that time.

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Yeah, I have kind of stopped playing my sorc except for event-like stuff. Feelsbadman.

I've done the same, and she's my main! They just nerfed the Sorc. just way too much. I still do Luna and events with her tho because I do love playing her. But until they fix the nerf she is useless in game.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

28 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I've done the same, and she's my main! They just nerfed the Sorc. just way too much. I still do Luna and events with her tho because I do love playing her. But until they fix the nerf she is useless in game.

*throws away sorc*

All hail vandal.

Just looking at the painter spell effects, you can tell it is overpowered

• A 6310 damage instant cast nuke (can be slideshotted)!?
  • A laser that does 9440 DPS!? (Requires petrification)
  • A laser that does 6645 DPS!? (Unconditional)
  • A 3171 damage flash step attack followed by a 4970 damage instant cast nuke (can be slideshotted)!?
  • A 3048 damage fan shaped AOE attack (120 degrees) that can be used twice in a row and usable while moving!?

In comparions,

• Gladiator's hardest hitting skill deals 2999 damage
  • Chanter's hardest hitting skill deals 2031 damage
  • Templar's hardest hitting skill deals 2424 damage
  • Ranger's hardest hitting skill deals 2762 damage which is a 4k DP skill

(Class balance assumes equal gear on all parties)

8 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

• A 6310 damage instant cast nuke (can be slideshotted)!? -CAN'T
  • A laser that does 9440 DPS!? (Requires petrification) -NO LASER REQUIRES PETRIFICATION. NOT SURE ABOUT DPS, BUT LASERS WILL BE NERFED.
  • A laser that does 6645 DPS!? (Unconditional) -WHAT DO YOU MEAN? GOES THRU SHIELDS? YES.
  • A 3171 damage flash step attack followed by a 4970 damage instant cast nuke (can be slideshotted)!? -CANT. FAST AF THO
  • A 3048 damage fan shaped AOE attack (120 degrees) that can be used twice in a row and usable while moving!? -STRONG AF

In comparions,

• Gladiator's hardest hitting skill deals 2999 damage -CAN LOCKDOWN THE OPONENT. LIFE LEECH POTENTIAL IS INSANE.
  • Chanter's hardest hitting skill deals 2031 damage -PRETTY MUCH IMMORTAL STILL
  • Templar's hardest hitting skill deals 2424 damage -CAN LOCKDOWN. RIDICULOUS DEFENSE.
  • Ranger's hardest hitting skill deals 2762 damage which is a 4k DP skill -STUNS+ALWAYS UP BLIND+BIND+SILENCE

Every class has it's strong points. But yes, Vandal is a bit extreme right now. It get's a little better, but it is still strong af in KR.

17 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

• A 3171 damage flash step attack followed by a 4970 damage instant cast nuke (can be slideshotted)!?
  • A 3048 damage fan shaped AOE attack (120 degrees) that can be used twice in a row and usable while moving!?

In comparions,

• Gladiator's hardest hitting skill deals 2999 damage - is a semi tank with insane dps
  • Chanter's hardest hitting skill deals 2031 damage - hybrid class can't be compared to a dps class
  • Templar's hardest hitting skill deals 2424 damage - a tank that can kill plenty of people before dying
  • Ranger's hardest hitting skill deals 2762 damage which is a 4k DP skill - a true pvp class with almost everything instant

Vandals simply replaced sorcs here, effectively they should have turned our sorcs into vandals without asking us. Aion really lost the grip with keeping the classes at their role early on when every class is a dps class now. I wish I was inside the mind of the developers when they make those decisions just to see what they think they are doing. They either don't play the game, or they simply decide to play a class and make sure this class will be the most op of that patch.

the thing is the above classes still keep their role but can also dmg, a sorc lost his job now. Many classes are close to top dps and Vandals simply topped it. Sleep was always useless in most situations except arena 1v1. They should at least make all our skills instant cast or something, like all classes do.

Sorc "Nukes":

• Empyrean Wrath - 5051 water damage / 2s cast time / 4000 DP
  • Storm Strike - 4967 air damage / 4s cast time
  • Flame Spray - 3875 fire damage / 3.5s cast time
  • Magma Burst - 3155 delayed fire damage / 2s cast time / 10m AOE
  • Flames of Wrath - 5635 fire damage / 4s cast time
  • Flame Waltz - 4722 fire damage / 1.5s cast time / launches a skill every 2 seconds that deals 498 damage plus 498 damage every 2 secs
  • Manifest Tornado Effect - 7204 air damage / indirect damage via NPC with 14314 Magic Attack / effectively 75% damage vs players
  • Glacial Shard - 5209 water damage / 4s cast time

I think the reason NCSoft made PA skills so overpowered is to compensate for the lack of gear on new PA characters... And underestimate how fast new PA's can gear up...

1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

They will nerf it eventually and it will be more balanced. They do it with all classes.

Eventually, might as well say NcSoon. How long dd it take for Gunner to get nerfed in 4.0 again? wasn't it like in 4.7?  Of course too once NcSoft nerfs they usually ovenerf or gut the class.

5 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Sorc "Nukes":

• Empyrean Wrath - 5051 water damage / 2s cast time / 4000 DP
  • Storm Strike - 4967 air damage / 4s cast time
  • Flame Spray - 3875 fire damage / 3.5s cast time
  • Magma Burst - 3155 delayed fire damage / 2s cast time / 10m AOE
  • Flames of Wrath - 5635 fire damage / 4s cast time
  • Flame Waltz - 4722 fire damage / 1.5s cast time / launches a skill every 2 seconds that deals 498 damage plus 498 damage every 2 secs
  • Manifest Tornado Effect - 7204 air damage / indirect damage via NPC with 14314 Magic Attack / effectively 75% damage vs players
  • Glacial Shard - 5209 water damage / 4s cast time

I think the reason NCSoft made PA skills so overpowered is to compensate for the lack of gear on new PA characters... And underestimate how fast new PA's can gear up...

Yes as if a class with both long cast times and long CDs  is going to be OP in comparison to classes with skills that are instant, almost at the same range and on shorter CD.

Not to mention having these fantastic nukes not being so OP as soon as CC is used..... which thankfully is going to be corrected.

12 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

New class = more money. Proven fact by every cash shop game in the history of gaming. The stronger you make that new class the more money you get from it. 

On 9/24/2019 at 0:51 AM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

In comparions,

• Gladiator's hardest hitting skill deals 2999 damage
  • Chanter's hardest hitting skill deals 2031 damage
  • Templar's hardest hitting skill deals 2424 damage
  • Ranger's hardest hitting skill deals 2762 damage which is a 4k DP skill

Vandal has overall less skills and less nukes than other dps classes so the dps is concentrated in those. With the exception of the second laser, a sorcerer, a gunner or other magic can spam more skills and outdps the painter. After all, vandal is a cloth class with some aspects from leather classes, and it should be compared with cloth. The content that really matters are world bosses, altars and forts. An equally geared assassin or sorcerer should outdps a painter and it is already happening. That should tell you that only the laser is the problem and not the rest. The lasers that will get nerfs are the problem and not the rest of the skills.

Speaking of lasers, there is no laser that requires petrification. There is one that will require aetherhold and your aetherhold stigma has 2min cd. 

You can't compare with other physical classes, not even close. Different tools, different crit multiplier, different attack speed, different cooldowns. 

Talking strictly about pvp, with everything achieved from the game and maxed out like in Korea, templars and clerics are still the best overall classes. A gunner can burst higher than a painter but requires a better execution of your skills.Speaking of pvp, a painter should use the single knockback fan shaped aoe and not the double one. That is how to protect agains some classes or a laser from another vandal since your ambush is probably in cd.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:26 PM, Hellish-DN said:

Vandals can be kited since they don’t have a speed boost. The teleport takes forever in real terms and you can bury silence or something else in that time.

They do. https://aiondb.ru/skills/painter/5574.html

You can teleport very fast if you switch to cast speed transform then back. Another solution is Kaisinel but that is unreachable for many. 

39 minutes ago, 2s105714-DN said:

Speaking of lasers, there is no laser that requires petrification. There is one that will require aetherhold and your aetherhold stigma has 2min cd.

That was my screw up reading from my skills analysis because I was ill. The 9440 DPS laser requires Aether Hold (not Petrification, sorry) on target, which is available from a Greater Stigma skill with 120s cooldown.

Lasers have 130% PvP damage modifier. Why?

The Death-prevention-and-heal skills are not dispellable by players (level 5 dispel required).

Chroma Shower can dispell up to 100 debuffs (level 1).

Healing Sealing is not dispellable as the game data does not specify minimum dispel required for it.

Flash Strike and Improved Flash Strike are "Mental Debuff" instead of stun type debuff

Time Bomb should be affected by Magic Attack (instead of physical attack) as it deals fire damage.

All lasers reduces the PA's movement speed by 5.5 m/s.

Petrification skills increase the affect target's pdef and mdef by 2000 (Living Statue, greater stigma) or 3500 (other skills)

2 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

Vandal has overall less skills and less nukes than other dps classes so the dps is concentrated in those. With the exception of the second laser, a sorcerer, a gunner or other magic can spam more skills and outdps the painter. After all, vandal is a cloth class with some aspects from leather classes, and it should be compared with cloth. The content that really matters are world bosses, altars and forts. An equally geared assassin or sorcerer should outdps a painter and it is already happening. That should tell you that only the laser is the problem and not the rest. The lasers that will get nerfs are the problem and not the rest of the skills.

You can't compare with other physical classes, not even close. Different tools, different crit multiplier, different attack speed, different cooldowns. 

Talking strictly about pvp, with everything achieved from the game and maxed out like in Korea, templars and clerics are still the best overall classes. A gunner can burst higher than a painter but requires a better execution of your skills.Speaking of pvp, a painter should use the single knockback fan shaped aoe and not the double one. That is how to protect agains some classes or a laser from another vandal since your ambush is probably in cd.

They do. https://aiondb.ru/skills/painter/5574.html

You can teleport very fast if you switch to cast speed transform then back. Another solution is Kaisinel but that is unreachable for many. 

In this current patch no one is outdpsing geared painters. Even the best sorc/sin DPS on the server are being outdpsed by our most geared painter.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:18 PM, Hellish-DN said:

In this current patch no one is outdpsing geared painters. Even the best sorc/sin DPS on the server are being outdpsed by our most geared painter.

Then I don't know, you don't have good sorcs and sins left on the server. We had a month in advance in EU to get geared and now these events with 2x instances, drop increase and the needles event to craft of ultimate pve weapon and accessories and so far none outdps sins and sorcs on world bosses, altars and sieges. Painter outdps others only in group dungeons.

There is a vandal in my legion who has full ulti pve gear with crafted proc pve chromablaster with a fail proc under it then legendary necklace from idd but the rest of the accessories are proc pve ultis and my legions sin destroys her dps she is in the top dps for our groups but for veilenthrone there are 5 people who out dps her and all her instance pieces are 15 weapon is 15 and rest is 10+. yes she has manastones, +9 stigmas and some work on her daevanian skills. I think vandals have extremely high dps but in pve there are plenty people far more geared who put out more dps. I see a sorc or sin in the same gear as a vandal doing the same dmg, the only thing is the vandal puts much less effort into it while the sin/sorc has to be near perfect on rotations. It does even out when they nerf the pink laser speed to 1s per tick vandal will have to rely on good rotation over the braindead press pink and win

Archived