Weekly Server Maintenance - December 16, 2020

Arctic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

If you have at least 2 rank A minions (fully evolved or close enough that they will be by the middle of January), you can participate without spending any money. You just need to wait until January 1st. Then you can combine your 2 minions three times. Each time you fail, put in a ticket to support to request one of your restoration tokens be used to restore your 2 rank A minions. Restoration tokens reset on January 1st, so everyone will have 3 of them.

Start out with 2 rank A minions
Combine and fail (1 total combine)
Ticket to get 2 rank A minions back (1 token used total)
Combine and fail (2 total combines)
Ticket to get 2 rank A minions back (2 tokens used total)
Combine and fail (3 total combines)
Ticket to get 2 rank A minions back (3/all tokens used total) [if you want, or just save your last token for something else]
-- 3 total combines made, so even if you fail all 3, you will still get an S rank minion box at the end of the promotion

Someone correct me if my math is wrong!

I agree, but I would like confirmation as sometimes support can do some suspicious things.

Vantheria, we need a confirmation from ncsoft that it counts as 3 « syntheses ». The may as well consider it as one synthesis only, given that it was rerolled.

15 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Vantheria, we need a confirmation from ncsoft that it counts as 3 « syntheses ». The may as well consider it as one synthesis only, given that it was rerolled.

A legionmate said they put in a ticket to support and support said that restored minions would still count, but yes, I agree that I would like to hear it straight from Kibbelz or Loki as support is not trustworthy on the best of days.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

A legionmate said they put in a ticket to support and support said that restored minions would still count, but yes, I agree that I would like to hear it straight from Kibbelz or Loki as support is not trustworthy on the best of days.

Right, so @Kibbelz, @Lokicould you please confirm (or the opposite) whether if a player attempts a synthesis of 2 rank A minions, then restores them and attempts again the synthesis 2 times, will that count as 3 synthesis attempts required to be eligible for an S rank reward box ? That would mean that having only 2 A minions ready for combine and 2 restoration tokens would be enough to get the reward.

I’m not asking that for myself but rather for new/returning players who don’t have 4 fully upgraded rank A minions for this event.

17 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

That sounds a hell of a lot nicer than staying up until 1AM, don't you think?

No.  Because I can stay up til 1am.  I can't not make dinner for my family/eat.  Even if I get the wife to put the kid to bed solo a couple times a week, with pre-siege at altars you're talking starting at 4:45pm.  The workday isn't even over by then.  And that's with zero commute due to COVID, normally it's a physical impossibility to be home before 5pm altars. 

1am is late, it isn't a good time, no doubt about it.  But at least it isn't a time that's largely impossible (just really terrible).

What's really frustrating is that these times aren't even with the community voted for the last forum poll.  Because of the daylight savings time change, altar/siege schedule is an hour earlier now than it was when they made the compromised time changes.

For this wild creature farm, it isn't even a faction wide effort, you don't need to have everyone in the same place at the same time.  Have this thing for 15 minutes at the top of every hour and let folks from all over participate.  There are definitely better ways to deal with this situation.  @Kibbelz

@Kibbelz @Loki

I'm actually enjoying the events so far with all the fixes.

I had an idea though even though I know it is a long shot.

Idea: On Christmas Day, just one day only, allow everyone to buy from the special melon shugos. It's a long shot yes, but it would be something nice to do and be in the spirit of Christmas as well as prevent players from feeling deprived of success at the end of the event.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Gallium-DN said:

I guess its all in preference. I myself would rather move dinner up or back an hour, over staying up during the Graveyard Shift.

But it can't be moved up, this isn't about personal preference.  When things started at 7p that was doable, because I could start making dinner right when I got home (5:30 ish), then we could eat and be done by 6:45.  The wife would put the kid to bed and I'd follow up later.  Still, no chance for altars, but I could make siege.

But how many ppl can start making dinner at 3:30p so it's ready and everyone is done before a 5p siege.  The wife and kid aren't home from work/school then either, so even if I wanted to move things up, it'd be impossible.  Or, if you prefer after, how many ppl can start making dinner after siege at 6:45p and finish eating closer to 8:30p?

I'm advocating for NC to keep community events between 7-11p local times.  That is a narrow 2h window when you're dealing with a country with 4 time zones, but it's doable and hopefully a compromise that doesn't start too early or end too late for folks. 

Just wanted to chime in to say that the solorius-shenanigans event is horrible... you're really causing fights in game among players of the same faction with this crap, not to mention excluding those that can't play certain hours of the day/night. The increase melon drop rate was a decent start... but everyone is still getting nasty and fighting over everything else. Esp the Game farming for 1 hour at night window esp with how crappy the drop rates are for it.

This is a faction based game, so why are you promoting single player greedy game play? Makes 0 sense to me!

31 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Just wanted to chime in to say that the solorius-shenanigans event is horrible... you're really causing fights in game among players of the same faction with this crap, not to mention excluding those that can't play certain hours of the day/night. The increase melon drop rate was a decent start... but everyone is still getting nasty and fighting over everything else. Esp the Game farming for 1 hour at night window esp with how crappy the drop rates are for it.

This is a faction based game, so why are you promoting single player greedy game play? Makes 0 sense to me!

I completely agree. What happened to holiday spirit? People are stealing animals from each other, some people levelled off them and have timing perfected so they get all of them, while 3 people fight over others in other areas. Now you have Shugos where whomever clicks fastest gets a really hard to get item and everyone else gets screwed? @Kibbelz These 2 events are absolutely terrible and you are alienating most of the player base. Will people getting the rewards even be real players? Or kinah farmers, bots etc. There are also way too many events and the races are okay but too time consuming unless you have multiple accounts and run 3 at a time or whatnot. Players with 1 account are penalized. Finally, the Shugos with apostles and such too restricted and at the same time too easy for 1 person to obtain much more than the rest of the player base. Some people put a million kisk where the Shugo's were spawning too. 

Okay its nice that people can choose the event they want to participate in, but please make it fair and don't turn players against each other. Especially when, as one legionmate said, "Xmas is supposed to be about giving not taking".

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Everyone here being crafting combining 2x A minions three times by using restoration tickets while I was the oblivious bimbo simply combining 4x a-ranks and set off happily. I even got an s-rank this way already.

You must never combine 2 minions, because if you combine 4 probability is 70% AND you can make up to 3 more attempts. However, If you combine only 2 and fail all times (and you most likely will, with that miserable chance of about 25%), it will make little sense to restore them because in that case 1 token brings you only 2 minions instead of 4.

6 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

You must never combine 2 minions, because if you combine 4 probability is 70% AND you can make up to 3 more attempts. However, If you combine only 2 and fail all times (and you most likely will, with that miserable chance of about 25%), it will make little sense to restore them because in that case 1 token brings you only 2 minions instead of 4.

First of all they closed the minion restoration tokens for the duration of this event lolz.

On the subject, a friend of mine had a different theory, he combines 2x and always uses the tokens to restore because he has no other use of the tokens. If he succeeds he won an s-rank by losing 2x a-minions, if he fails he gets those 2 back with a token.

If he fails 2x combine four times he then combines 4x to make the s-rank. But the catch is if you now fail the s-rank by combining 4x you no longer have a token.

For me combining 4x is the only way, if I fail I open a ticket, if I succeed I fulfilled my goal. The only problem used to be that the s-minion is totally random but thankfully my very first s-rank minion was a deadly sheba which gives a lot of m.crit (instead of just pve attack or healing boost or something which is useless to me). Now I need a second deadly Sheba and with this promotional event I'll try to gamble with s-minium to get the deadly sheba because mergin 2 same minions in SS-Minion you get better stats.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

First of all they closed the minion restoration tokens for the duration of this event lolz.

Yeah, I already heard that, but I was near 100% sure that would be disabled because this event is already very rewarding and making it possible with only 2 rank A would be almost equal to simply giving everyone the reward.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

For me combining 4x is the only way, if I fail I open a ticket, if I succeed I fulfilled my goal. The only problem used to be that the s-minion is totally random but thankfully my very first s-rank minion was a deadly sheba which gives a lot of m.crit (instead of just pve attack or healing boost or something which is useless to me). Now I need a second deadly Sheba and with this promotional event I'll try to gamble with s-minium to get the deadly sheba because mergin 2 same minions in SS-Minion you get better stats.

Yeah, only combine 4 is the right way. About minions, there are many opinions. Btw, viola gives you +15% damage increase, not +15% to your attack but litterally +15% to your damage, like aetherblaze. And when S rank, some effect (around 9%) also applies to your group members, and this is a huge dps buff. Another point of view is to choose a minion which is complementary to your class, for example a templar has already high defences and doesn't need a hyperion who gives you shields. I'd say for sorcerer (in the current update, without Ss system that I haven't figured out yet) it's better to have 2 rank S minions - one is Viola for damage increase and another is some other support ones. I got stubborn Modor with magic resist, it's not exactly what I wanted but it helps in pvp but also in pve because it gives a teleport that removes altered state from you and party member and teleport you 10m forward, so you can avoid situations when a boss pulls you to 1-shot kill or simply to escape it's attack. So I'm quite happy with it (but want Viola still -____-)

• Aion Team
On 12/17/2020 at 9:04 AM, Gabrielis-KT said:

Right, so @Kibbelz, @Lokicould you please confirm (or the opposite) whether if a player attempts a synthesis of 2 rank A minions, then restores them and attempts again the synthesis 2 times, will that count as 3 synthesis attempts required to be eligible for an S rank reward box ?

I see that others in thread have spotted it already, but for anyone else, here is a link regarding the disabling of restoration tickets until 1/13: https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us

@Kibbelz  so you post this on the 17th but for almost 2 days many people used their tokens when they failed and those were restored and now you change the rules???? this kind of detail should have been part of the original event posting on the main website.  This is the kind of shady ass things this company has done for years that has resulted in so many people quitting this game.  I'm about 90% there.  You talk about better communication and transparency and listing to the players....what exactly do you call this crap?

12 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Viola...

I used an A-rank viola myself but since I didn't get one I think the Deadly sheba is good enough and the toggle is giving silence.

but yeah the active buff with 5m cool down is better in Viola than any other minion and it lasts 30 seconds instead of 15 seconds, so I might get me that one.

But only Caring Viola would work since it gives more HP, the other one gives healing boost which is useless to me.

12 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Yeah, I already heard that, but I was near 100% sure that would be disabled because this event is already very rewarding and making it possible with only 2 rank A would be almost equal to simply giving everyone the reward.

Yeah, only combine 4 is the right way. About minions, there are many opinions. Btw, viola gives you +15% damage increase, not +15% to your attack but litterally +15% to your damage, like aetherblaze. And when S rank, some effect (around 9%) also applies to your group members, and this is a huge dps buff. Another point of view is to choose a minion which is complementary to your class, for example a templar has already high defences and doesn't need a hyperion who gives you shields. I'd say for sorcerer (in the current update, without Ss system that I haven't figured out yet) it's better to have 2 rank S minions - one is Viola for damage increase and another is some other support ones. I got stubborn Modor with magic resist, it's not exactly what I wanted but it helps in pvp but also in pve because it gives a teleport that removes altered state from you and party member and teleport you 10m forward, so you can avoid situations when a boss pulls you to 1-shot kill or simply to escape it's attack. So I'm quite happy with it (but want Viola still -____-)

Sorry for the double post, it seems I can use a deadly sheba as main, a viola as secondary and get the best out of both, my main will use his toggle which is better than viola's, but I can use my viola's active skill or the sheba's skill (they share cool down).

So the only thing is I will not get the best benefit in stats boost by making 2x same, but that is fine with me.

Effectively I will have a Deadly Sheba, with the good critical stats, with a silence toggle and a viola active buff! A win-win situation.

46 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Sorry for the double post, it seems I can use a deadly sheba as main, a viola as secondary and get the best out of both, my main will use his toggle which is better than viola's, but I can use my viola's active skill or the sheba's skill (they share cool down).

So the only thing is I will not get the best benefit in stats boost by making 2x same, but that is fine with me.

Effectively I will have a Deadly Sheba, with the good critical stats, with a silence toggle and a viola active buff! A win-win situation.

That’s why I’m saying I’m happy I got that Modor, I would feel terrible having a minion with healing boost. Me too, I will be aiming for the good Viola but tbh with my luck I may make 10 rerolls ans still don’t get it -_____-

17 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

That’s why I’m saying I’m happy I got that Modor, I would feel terrible having a minion with healing boost. Me too, I will be aiming for the good Viola but tbh with my luck I may make 10 rerolls ans still don’t get it -_____-

I also thought about this. Kinda scary.

It reminds me of using the gemstone slot reset stone and still after three resets, I kept getting the exact same colour so I stopped there.

Archived