Too Many Events At Once!

Rag-DN

Dear NCsoft staff,  @Loki @Kibbelz @Hime

We know you are trying to overcompensate for the really REALLY bad year we've had and all the mistakes made recently, but seriously, we're starting to feel smothered with all these events overlapping! I love events as much as any other player, truly I do!

But come on!

You can't have us doing a open-world farming event, while doing a daily talk to a npc with EVERY TOON on your account, while also queing for and running an instance zone event, while hosting Double AP/XP, while trying to get ppl to farm prestige coins for the minion event, while also hosting DOUBLE entry instance runs event, while also having a afk event....   Seriously, even as a no lifer that can game from sun up till sun down, I can't do it all, so how do you expect normal players to enjoy this? You're smothering us! 

Again we appreciate the events, truly we do! But this is too much all at once, leaving 0 game-play time to do normal things! I know people with multiple accounts are basically going to spend all their play time gathering snowballs (Takes about 30-45 minutes a day per account depending on if you have 8 to 12 toons) 

In the future please PLEASE try to space these events out or try to make them coincide with one another, for example, the double entry event would be great with just the snowball or afk event. Or the que entry event would go great with an afk event. Or the double XP/AP/Drop Rates would go great with double entry, but combining all of them is kind of harsh on us. It takes the joy from being able to enjoy these events and makes them feel like chores!

Again, we appreciate you giving us such great events...but please don't overlap them so much! Thanks!

• Aion Team

Thanks for the feedback Rag. I'll be curious to hear what others think as well. We've definitely been scaling things up as we try to improve events, and make sure there's always an event for everyone regardless of playstyle (as we've talked about in previous Feedback Updates). Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

5 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Some people complain we don't have enough events. Others complain we have too many. You can't win, Kibbelz. 🙃

Gotta find that perfect formula, again, I truly do appreciate them making the efforts they are doing right now to please us, just this feels like smothering to me and a few others i've talked to. 

@Kibbelz

It's fine the way it is. I don't really know why Rag is complaining about too many events <_< it's not like you have to over commit. Stagger tham out during the week. 

Or just skip certain aspects of the event. Like you don't need to commit to getting every single Snowball on every alt. Just a thought. 

753347422716952686.png?v=1

1 minute ago, Falcy-DN said:

@Kibbelz

It's fine the way it is. I don't really know why Rag is complaining about too many events <_< it's not like you have to over commit. Stagger tham out during the week. 

Or just skip certain aspects of the event. Like you don't need to commit to getting every single Snowball on every alt. Just a thought. 

753347422716952686.png?v=1

I'm personally a completionist... I try to 100% things, it broke my heart when they deleted a lot of the old completed quests from my log cause I was going for 100% quest completion before...telling me I have to skip out on some events and miss opportunities for loot is like telling someone with OCD not to do whatever their tick is... lol

5 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

I'm personally a completionist... I try to 100% things, it broke my heart when they deleted a lot of the old completed quests from my log cause I was going for 100% quest completion before...telling me I have to skip out on some events and miss opportunities for loot is like telling someone with OCD not to do whatever their tick is... lol

This sounds like a problem my recommendation cannot help with, then.  Dunno what to tell you, I guess. 

754058660174626909.png?v=1

Your problem is alts, these events are main character friendly. If someone wants to do all these with 30 alts or more this is his problem.

Having a lot of events is something you can choose. I will nto participate in the open world one because the rewards are not in my interest, I will skip the whole shenanigans event because of those special spawns we have to farm. so that is one less event for me.

I'll try to do the daeva dash in all my alts because of the Glyph thing, it would be great to get 12x of them in my account as they are account wh storable andit would help me get one that fits my needs.

Having so many events once is much better than having too few or none at all. It allows (or forces - if you're a completionist type I guess) players to focus on getting what they want. What one event offers may not desired by some while another can.

We have different type of events: afk style, mob farming style, and instance grind style. I love all of the events going on right now and the rewards offered, and I am a huge fan of farming type of events. 

Try much harder in completing everything, pick events in which you want to "complete," or accept the fact that you can't get everything and make the most of the very generous events.

13 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks for the feedback Rag. I'll be curious to hear what others think as well. We've definitely been scaling things up as we try to improve events, and make sure there's always an event for everyone regardless of playstyle (as we've talked about in previous Feedback Updates). Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Thank you! @Kibbelz
many people will enjoy the load of things you guys achieved! Many will also complain about the shugo reward keeper that spawns 9pm cuz only few with 3rd pt program, 5ms ping or best of luck will get hands on the items, wich i do NOT like but it's your call and you know best, why you did that.

I will enjoy other extra things you guys gave us.

13 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Dear NCsoft staff,  @Loki @Kibbelz @Hime

We know you are trying to overcompensate for the really REALLY bad year we've had and all the mistakes made recently, but seriously, we're starting to feel smothered with all these events overlapping! I love events as much as any other player, truly I do!

But come on!

You can't have us doing a open-world farming event, while doing a daily talk to a npc with EVERY TOON on your account, while also queing for and running an instance zone event, while hosting Double AP/XP, while trying to get ppl to farm prestige coins for the minion event, while also hosting DOUBLE entry instance runs event, while also having a afk event....   Seriously, even as a no lifer that can game from sun up till sun down, I can't do it all, so how do you expect normal players to enjoy this? You're smothering us! 

Again we appreciate the events, truly we do! But this is too much all at once, leaving 0 game-play time to do normal things! I know people with multiple accounts are basically going to spend all their play time gathering snowballs (Takes about 30-45 minutes a day per account depending on if you have 8 to 12 toons) 

In the future please PLEASE try to space these events out or try to make them coincide with one another, for example, the double entry event would be great with just the snowball or afk event. Or the que entry event would go great with an afk event. Or the double XP/AP/Drop Rates would go great with double entry, but combining all of them is kind of harsh on us. It takes the joy from being able to enjoy these events and makes them feel like chores!

Again, we appreciate you giving us such great events...but please don't overlap them so much! Thanks!

RIP :D I know many of people like you will suffer this time, but AION is a game, not a job, not a real life thing or anything important enough to care much about. From that point the more events, content, rewards, interaction we can get the better and let people have fun and watch what they can achieve! Hope you will get enough to satisfy yourself and won't die trying 😂

Not it's not unless like others mentioned you're trying to do everything on 12 toons. Daeva Dash takes 10min per day, Joyful Bundles you can farm whenever you want, Event Boss spawns 4x a day and is alive for maybe 5min max, meloons drop off of the same mobs that have Joyful Bundles so you can double dip if you're smart about it. I personally prefer not having to gear up alts in order to play the game because I've run out of things to do on my main. 

Honestly, the only thing that is overwhelming me right now is the sheer amount of Meloons needed to buy anything worthwhile. In a perfect world Daeva Dash wouldn't be running at the same time as the Solorius event because as mentioned, we already have double the instance runs we normally have during the week and trying to squeeze in meloon farming AND Daeva Dash is a tad much. When you add in the fact I need to stay up until 1AM to farm small and large game for +9 stigmas and kinah bundles.... Oh well,  I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead. 😂

At least we all have something to do!

On 12/16/2020 at 6:53 PM, Kibbelz said:

"Thanks for the feedback Rag. I'll be curious to hear what others think as well. ..."

On 12/16/2020 at 9:38 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

"Your problem is alts, these events are main character friendly. If someone wants to do all these with 30 alts or more this is his problem.

..."

IMO it is great to have so many events. 

Just like Rag said, it is not possilbe to do them all. And like Arhangelos said the main issue is when you want to do them on every alt you have. 

We are used to have events who require many alts for a couple of mins or just the main doing a lot of things. Now we have many events and all of them require different things. 

But I like it cause we can choose. Not every one need the same things and not everyone plays in the same way. Now each player can study each event and decide the smart moves in the next weeks to get what they need more. Or maybe just take profit on what they like more. 

We used to have huge content in the past and was impossible to do everything. Then somebody decided that everyone should focus on the same things and a lot of content was erased. We lost so many players. It is important to realize that not everyone likes the same things. Some people wnats to do instances all the time. Some people wants to farm repetitive things and some other just want to stay AFK while talking with their friends in chats. There isn´t only 1 way to play this game. 

My opinion is that I like to choose. I like to have options. Even if that means I wont be able to complete half of them. 

Archived