Weekly Server Maintenance - January 27, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone!

Our next weekly maintenance is just around the corner. We currently expect it to begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC), and to last approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes. You can look forward to the following changes:

• Tiamaranta's Eye will end and the following event items will be deleted from player inventories. Please make sure to use up the remainder of your coins and keys before maintenance!
    • Tiamaranta's Eye Treasure Crate Key
    • Tiamaranta's Eye Treasure Chest Key
    • Gold Protectorate Coin
    • Gold Protectorate Coin Bundle
  • Garden of Growth will begin.
  • Fixed an issue where some Prestige benefits did not appear on the Profile window’s Account tab.

Can anyone confirm if Korea or EU had this event before enabling autohunt? 

I’m staring to believe there’s no staff in NA, Koreans are only executing scripts every week according to what happened in Korea months ago.

What I mean is, even if our community decide we don’t want it, it will be implemented anyway, we are just another server 20 patches behind.

2 hours ago, Rifful said:

can we request that this event dungeon drop some stat cubics like mobs does?

I was hoping for this too! I returned 3 months ago and most of my cubics are still 2/5 only... I farmed so many mobs for meloons too! Every day I bought ultimate PvE and PvP stones plus the weekly ones and I still have 6k meloons in my inventory left over! How am I supposed to get full cubics???

7 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

so the logic here is most players don't want auto-hunting, we ask for ulti event to progress past ridiculous rng fail gates, so we get an auto-hunting event instead? 🤯

The game is already full of afk rewards. For years people have been screaming to have players that afk in PvP instances to get no reward. It falls on deaf ears.  Luna afk daily was a bad idea, auto farm is just the next step in a game philosophy where you need no actual play.

I assume they will make auto hunt available here too at some point. You won't play Aion anymore, you will log your bots and put them to auto play and come back to see if they are still alive or killed by an enemy. Some features also have a different outcome for different regions based on the population. NCWest's Aion is on life support for so long and this might be a final blow who knows.

This will be like mining cryptocurrency.

Also this is kinda tricky, they want to implement it and pretend they are doing it on a player feedback. Like lets soft-implement it on an event and ask people about the future of it. Eventually we will get it no matter what people think of it.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I assume they will make auto hunt available here too at some point. You won't play Aion anymore, you will log your bots and put them to auto play and come back to see if they are still alive or killed by an enemy. Some features also have a different outcome for different regions based on the population. NCWest's Aion is on life support for so long and this might be a final blow who knows.

This will be like mining cryptocurrency.

At some point Lineage II added auto hunt and honestly I didn't see too much of a change in anything. Some people had their character farm overnight or while away at work. To actually get gear though or even better XP they still ran either group XP areas or group dungeons or even solo dungeons because the XP and rewards are better than the best auto farm spots. 

I don't think my day would change except I'd set up my character to farm cubics at night or before I ran out to the store or work. During the day I'd still do dailies, weeklies, dungeons, check broker constantly, farm TT, PvP, etc. 

1 hour ago, Flatten-KT said:

At some point Lineage II added auto hunt and honestly I didn't see too much of a change in anything. Some people had their character farm overnight or while away at work. To actually get gear though or even better XP they still ran either group XP areas or group dungeons or even solo dungeons because the XP and rewards are better than the best auto farm spots. 

I don't think my day would change except I'd set up my character to farm cubics at night or before I ran out to the store or work. During the day I'd still do dailies, weeklies, dungeons, check broker constantly, farm TT, PvP, etc. 

Dungeons will be good since they are instanced, but open world will be awful, I am only saying what I was told by people that play in EU, doing the gelk/inggi weeklies for example is hard, imagine the amount of bots.

We will live to see.

hey let me tell you this. We want the auto hunting not because its cool but because it is a game feature that you have taken away form us. I am pretty sure that you are aware that people were using scripts to do that thing for ages.  Will the auto hunting make a difference ? Probably not with the crap drop from the mobs and the negligible experience  I doubt it will.

So why dont you just save your selves time and skip this whole story telling about events and how you come down with them and try to just catch up with other servers in terms of the updates? I mean all you need to do is to translate it which hasn't  been very successful so far. So instead of allocating resources into  restrict content from your players get some proper translators. 

it is ridiculous that gameforge a 3rd party company has taken over NC West which is directly linked to the publisher of the game. It is like Marvel producing a movie and HBO gets it before Disney lmao !!!!

13 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

it is ridiculous that gameforg3 a 3rd party company has taken over NC West which is directly linked to the publisher of the game. It is like Marvel producing a movie and HBO gets it before disney lmao !!!!

This kinda sounds like the private vs public businesses, NCWest acts like a public service where they are not allowed to fail no matter the mistakes and will always be supported by government (or in this case the mother company: Korean NCSoft), while GF is acting like a private company where a mistake means less money to them and better customer service is directly linked to their pockets.

At this point "NCWest" term is obsolete, it is NCSoft's second grade annex to the west. It is not profitable to them but they add its existence to the total expenses.

Archived