Weekly Server Maintenance - March 3, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hello everyone. 

Tomorrow we will be conducting routine maintenance beginning at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect downtime to last approximately 3 hours. The following localization changes will be implemented:

• Fixed inaccurate dialog text in several Renown reward officers.
  • Fixed an incorrect quest description for the legion quest to defeat Ereshkigal.
  • Fixed some truncated UI text.
  • Fixed some minor typos in skill and item names.

Thank you!

Thank you again for the current Ulti promotion- it's been a long time coming and I'm super excitedly waiting for all the transforms to be mailed out! <3 

Would also like to throw in my two cents regarding auto-hunt: when people say NA needs this feature, they actually mean we need experience marks and accessible cubics. I still agree with NCWest's original stance on not bringing auto-hunt to our region because... how to say this politely? Auto-hunt sucks balls. But we do need cubics to be more widely available again- I'm lucky that I was playing back when we got all our bronzes and silvers from quests, but even as someone who played since cubics were implemented, I still only have platinums completed from the cubics I acquired from golden shulack spawns. Please consider increasing the cubic drop rates, adding them to vendors, or creating new quests to acquire them! 

1 hour ago, Haniya-DN said:

Thank you again for the current Ulti promotion- it's been a long time coming and I'm super excitedly waiting for all the transforms to be mailed out! ❤️

Would also like to throw in my two cents regarding auto-hunt: when people say NA needs this feature, they actually mean we need experience marks and accessible cubics. I still agree with NCWest's original stance on not bringing auto-hunt to our region because... how to say this politely? Auto-hunt sucks balls. But we do need cubics to be more widely available again- I'm lucky that I was playing back when we got all our bronzes and silvers from quests, but even as someone who played since cubics were implemented, I still only have platinums completed from the cubics I acquired from golden shulack spawns. Please consider increasing the cubic drop rates, adding them to vendors, or creating new quests to acquire them! 

Piggybacking onto what Haniya said, Aion Korea is currently doing an event that rewards platinum and monster platinum cubics from instances. An event like this would greatly benefit both new and old players alike. Additionally, Korea implemented the change to allow up to 2000 players to enter Silona/Pradeth Sieges, and this is a change we need sooner rather than later. Additionally world bosses still need to be addressed as you guys posted in the past that it would be addressed, this is increasingly an issue for many players with the shrinking population.

However, the current events are good and the same quality of events needs to be retained all the way until the release of 8.0 for our territory (Korea is getting it in April).

I was very clear in my statement, NA needs auto hunting, all the events launched after the creation of this system require the need for auto hunting, as was the event of chocolate and melons where it was necessary more than 2 thousand items to buy the things in the npc sometimes, that way there are two ways to solve, or provide in the game simpler ways to get the cubics and also drastically modify the price of items in the npc of the events or simply deliver the game the way it was designed by the creator including even the vip equal to the asian one and with the same value of 10 monthly dollars

26 minutes ago, Shokhan-DN said:

I was very clear in my statement, NA needs auto hunting, all the events launched after the creation of this system require the need for auto hunting, as was the event of chocolate and melons where it was necessary more than 2 thousand items to buy the things in the npc sometimes, that way there are two ways to solve, or provide in the game simpler ways to get the cubics and also drastically modify the price of items in the npc of the events or simply deliver the game the way it was designed by the creator including even the vip equal to the asian one and with the same value of 10 monthly dollars

But the chocolate event required normally 1000 mobs to kill with autohunt, we got just 100. I prefer having to manually kill 100 super fast than have no other option and have to put my char to auto combat for 1000 because there is no way I would have sat every day to kill 1000 mobs for the chocolates.

If we have autohunt it would be mandatory to do the events afk, now we can do them by hand super fast and enjoy the game. By hand I could kill 100 mobs in 10 minutes, the 1000 would have taken me more than 1,5 hours and if I had to put it on autohunt (since it is much slower than a player) it would have taken the char like 2~3 hours to finish in which case I wouldn't be able to play the game.

The meloons were an early event that required the auto hunt and after we mentioned it they made a change so all mobs dropped meloons.

40 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But the chocolate event required normally 1000 mobs to kill with autohunt, we got just 100. I prefer having to manually kill 100 super fast than have no other option and have to put my char to auto combat for 1000 because there is no way I would have sat every day to kill 1000 mobs for the chocolates.

If we have autohunt it would be mandatory to do the events afk, now we can do them by hand super fast and enjoy the game. By hand I could kill 100 mobs in 10 minutes, the 1000 would have taken me more than 1,5 hours and if I had to put it on autohunt (since it is much slower than a player) it would have taken the char like 2~3 hours to finish in which case I wouldn't be able to play the game.

The meloons were an early event that required the auto hunt and after we mentioned it they made a change so all mobs dropped meloons.

There has to be a balance. But i know i would much rather leave up my computer running for afk farming and get the event over while i am doing other things. I’m sure there’s a whole lot of player who don’t literally play this game 24/7, so it allows the opportunity for people to leave the game in the background while doing work. And even if they do implement the afk feature, it’s not like it’s fully broken. People can still die or be killed and it’ll stop the entire thing. But overall it’s something we need in NA.

11 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

There has to be a balance. But i know i would much rather leave up my computer running for afk farming and get the event over while i am doing other things. I’m sure there’s a whole lot of player who don’t literally play this game 24/7, so it allows the opportunity for people to leave the game in the background while doing work. And even if they do implement the afk feature, it’s not like it’s fully broken. People can still die or be killed and it’ll stop the entire thing. But overall it’s something we need in NA.

But the problem is that an event that takes you 10~15 minutes to do manually would en up being 3 hours worth of botting. And there is no other way around it, you either waste 1,5 hour doing it manually or leave it 3 hours afk since the auto hunt is at least twice as slow as an actual player. Not to mention the potential of dying and coming back and see no progress.

If you could not spend 10 minutes to do the 100 kills every day then you have 0 time to play the game and autohunt won't make it better for you, you will only come back to check if it is dead to simply re-bot it.

The auto hunt will make itself mandatory since everything will be based on it. You will run out of the 24 hours you have in one day to do the things you need and most of it will have to be auto hunt afk.

If the autohunt based features get a reduction to 1.10th of the mobs need to be killed, then it is a game worth playing than afking.

34 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But the problem is that an event that takes you 10~15 minutes to do manually would en up being 3 hours worth of botting. And there is no other way around it, you either waste 1,5 hour doing it manually or leave it 3 hours afk since the auto hunt is at least twice as slow as an actual player. Not to mention the potential of dying and coming back and see no progress.

If you could not spend 10 minutes to do the 100 kills every day then you have 0 time to play the game and autohunt won't make it better for you, you will only come back to check if it is dead to simply re-bot it.

The auto hunt will make itself mandatory since everything will be based on it. You will run out of the 24 hours you have in one day to do the things you need and most of it will have to be auto hunt afk.

If the autohunt based features get a reduction to 1.10th of the mobs need to be killed, then it is a game worth playing than afking.

But if auto hunting is incorporated then people are capable of that 3 hours. People dont play aion every second of every day, we all have things to do outside of aion so while doing said things its much easier to get stuff done. You won't have to worry about the daily luna or those events, because you can set up your toon to farm while you're out shopping or doing stuff with friends,

3 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

But if auto hunting is incorporated then people are capable of that 3 hours. People dont play aion every second of every day, we all have things to do outside of aion so while doing said things its much easier to get stuff done. You won't have to worry about the daily luna or those events, because you can set up your toon to farm while you're out shopping or doing stuff with friends,

The only thing I will agree is the 50-kills for luna, it will take it from afk luna to legit bot the sht out of it and earn the same if not more now because there will no longer be bans for luna.

But I will have to skip every single event that is based on auto hunt, I cannot leave my pc running for hours just to do an event.

Just now, Arhangelos-KT said:

The only thing I will agree is the 50-kills for luna, it will take it from afk luna to legit bot the sht out of it and earn the same if not more now because there will no longer be bans for auto-botting.

But I will have to skip every single event that is based on auto hunt, I cannot leave my pc running for hours just to do an event.

Thats why there needs to be a balance, a middle ground where the mob requirements for events can be solo-able without costing much time while also being afked for. 

3 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Thats why there needs to be a balance, a middle ground where the mob requirements for events can be solo-able without costing much time while also being afked for. 

We are in middle ground now, we do not have auto hunt and we have one tenths of the requirements for events that rely on auto hunt for amount of mob killing.

The other option is to get auto hunt and have the events as they are designed with ten times more kills.

You wouldn't expect them to give us auto hunt and keep the events nerfed because that is convenient for us.

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We are in middle ground now, we do not have auto hunt and we have one tenths of the requirements for events that rely on auto hunt for amount of mob killing.

The other option is to get auto hunt and have the events as they are designed with ten times more kills.

You wouldn't expect them to give us auto hunt and keep the events nerfed because that is convenient for us.

Theres still events like the Melons which needed so much farming and didn't pay off in the end. You spent all that time farming for no benefits, but with afk farming you aren't getting upset if it goes to waste since you never spent time farming.

4 hours ago, DMob-DN said:

*looking at the required 56xp marks for 2nd to 3rd yornforge weapons stage with a nice 15% chance to success*  .....Mmmm  we might need auto hunt anyway :D

For the second stage?! PFT I dont even have the 40 or the first one. We need a viable way to get exp marks, even if they make that one instance permanent. If they made that one instance permanent then it would REALLY help a lot. But until we get a viable way to get them, the yornforge weapons seem to just be for people who have everything else in the game.

It hurts so bad to lose all those marks just to need them again to attempt another try all the other things I could use those marks on going poof

I can easily farm the marks but I mean it is easy to farm but burns my soul because I don't want to hand farm them

So much time wasted to farm them but it is relatively easy to do things to get them

Archived