steel rake bans [Merged]

Amarah-KT

And for those of us whos accounts have now been flagged with a bullshit final warning for "violating" the games rules  does this get removed from our accounts since we did nothing wrong and played the game as it is designed? 

Really stupid now because if in the future theres another situation like this will my account be perma banned.   So many questions not enough answers :(

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im still waiting to hear if any of the warnings on these accounts have been removed.  It seems NC is taking a hard stance in enforcing the bans for their full duration despite  all of the information shared here by the players.  And considering its now the weekend it seems they are out of luck for a few days.   Overall disappointment level is a 12/10 with timely results, but maybe all this pain will save others from an unwarranted 7 day vacation

10 hours ago, Polychrome-DN said:

For all NCSoft's problems, their customer service has never given me the impression that they do not want to help. (And I've had over a decade to gain this impression.) No, they aren't perfect. No corporate entity is. But they are human and they try.

From what I recall, the previous recent banwaves issued by NCwest were largely of right intention, justification, and execution. There was a small number of extenuating circumstances which required internal investigation, but on the whole it was completed correctly imo.

However, this latest banwave fails on 2 fronts (justification, and execution). Whilst the intention to issue the bans were correct, i.e stopping the SR entry quest exploiters, the execution was way off i.e ended up banning quest repeaters instead. Justification was also off due to their attempts to cover their mistakes by trying to somehow link a perfectly legitimate repeatable quest to a breach of TOS.

This is what triggers the players: wrong execution,  followed by incorrect justification that is compounded by a cover-up, with non-communication to top it off. Players are seething and understandably so.

Now this is what gets me; Why is a repeatable quest that gives you a 1-time item, somehow partially and/or solely linked to a number of identified exploits that you can be banned for?

The only exploit that should be bannable in SR is the entry quest, and maybe the npc kinah limit bypass (depending on the circumstances as I can see many players inadvertently  clicking 'sell all misc' just to clear their bags). The repeatable quest should not even be in the equation for a ban consideration; it should not contribute in any basis to a ban.

Unban the SR hat questers and remove any warnings/infractions on their accounts related to that issue. 

NCWest, this has blown up into a huge issue that can no longer be skirted or excused. People want answers, and they must be the right ones. Everyone is watching, including people not affected by the ban like myself. This is going to set a precedent with the playerbase and it's entirely on you whether it's good or bad. 

13 hours ago, Kitsuney said:

I finally hit 40 and I’m going to skip Steelrake altogether. Really scary stuff here. 

You don't need to skip it. To avoid the ban scenario, just only complete the quest called Hat of the Steel Beard Pirates one time per instance entry. Like, some people in your group may leave in the middle of the instance to turn in their quest and pick it up again, but do not do that. That is what is causing these bans that people are talking about. Collect your 12 hats and wait until you're all done with the instance and leave before you turn it in. Don't turn it in more than once during the instance run. (There are more than 12 mobs that drop the hats, so there will be extras, but just ignore it and stick with your 12 hats per run.)

1 minute ago, Vantheria-DN said:

You don't need to skip it. To avoid the ban scenario, just only complete the quest called Hat of the Steel Beard Pirates one time per instance entry. Like, some people in your group may leave in the middle of the instance to turn in their quest and pick it up again, but do not do that. That is what is causing these bans that people are talking about. Collect your 12 hats and wait until you're all done with the instance and leave before you turn it in. Don't turn it in more than once during the instance run. (There are more than 12 mobs that drop the hats, so there will be extras, but just ignore it and stick with your 12 hats per run.)

Should not have to be this way NCsoft has had long enough to sort this. But I do understand why you say it and tbh and  everyone should do this until NCsoft gets a move on and lays everything on the table so players know where they stand. 

Hello, 5 days ago I sent email to support. I received answer 3 days ago that I was banned for automated gameplay using third party applications.  So I replied saying it's nonse and yesterday I got another reply from NCsoft saying I was banned for exploiting known steel rake ban. So I wonder what have I been really banned for? Who knows if NCsoft doesn't lol.

I pay, I lose siel aura, I lose game pass lvls by not being able to do pass missions.

And they don't even know why they banned. This is joke.

I would like at least some normal answer what is the ban for.

So, my spouse finally got another response from NCWest and they refuse to accept that they did anything wrong regarding the banwave.

Meaning, Kibbelz will likely come back and reiterate that they saw nothing wrong with what they as a team did and copy and paste the same community guidelines that show nowhere doing a repeatable hat quest is bannable. Or, at the very least, refuse to acknowledge anything regarding there being a difference between kinah exploiters and questers.

I'm pretty done with the company. I love Aion and have since I was a teen, but I'm not supporting NCWest as a company. I'll be looking at getting my money back.

So my main account was banned for doing nothing but Hairpins+cheese+monkey that includes  2 or 3 hair pin turn ins at 2 or  3 SR runs total in a day every 5 hours or so. so lets try the math on that 1 entry 3 hairpin turns is 4 entries times say 3 total runs thats 12 total Re entries into SR that i have understood as 100% fine since 2009 to 20012 to 2015.....so Me and many others cause lets be real most of the player base are veterans been playing along time such as muself did not know anything different for classic....just a thought why was this not announced before hand in some fashion so people new not to do hair pin multiple turn ins per 1 SR dungeon run??? thing is people arnt stupid alot of us arnt stupid this way of SR hair pins was never a bannable offense but since this entry quest exploit got a massive amount of player doing hair pins banned you think you can pull one over on us and try to cover up this massive messup and call hair pin repeats a bannable offense along with a entry quest exploit to avoid looking like dum dums??? and avoided a massive amount of compensation blah blah....You have a responsibility to your LOYAL subscribing customers in my case im about $2500 deep a deep sincere apology for a massive mistake this.....you have a chance to make things right but let me tell you when you make that attempt you better do it right.....im still here to see how this 1 attempt pans out for m its a yes ok back to work or no goodbye forever its that simple. make things right NC west for me an apology for improper execution of banning the actual exploiters out 1 week of paid sub time returned and 100%-200% bonus for a week to make up for lost grind time would make me happy and forget this actually happened and move forward oh and remove my banned mark on my account. 

I waited 3-4 years for this moment..all the mcmments i said to people wishing a classic or older retail version going live then always being told dude its not ever gonna happen or im crazy drop it etc etc....has actually happened and now i see a huge threat to classics survival over hair pinns freekin hair pins just not worth it my guys.  One shot is all you get from me to make it right.

I am happy in a way that I have not done SR yet, I am very sad at how NCsoft have dealt with this and if it not fixed I am also gone I cant play a game where a company will not take responsibility for a mistake they have made which has had such an impact on the game and players.  

At this point l don't really blame people for charging back all they spent on the game. NC is just banning people in hopes they get the chest exploits and everyone else seems to be expendable. Why would you return to a game you were unfairly banned for and have to chase them down to get unbanned? I hope those that do care about playing get refunded for the time lost.

You can't just keep blaming your players every time a problem occurs.

Just want to say that, me and some friends have alr full sr set have more than 3 weeks, and some other friends of mine finished hat and glove quest 2 days ago and nothing happened, so the question here should be, when ncsoft started gathering the data to ban people ? i know that people have been exploiting steel rake have way more than 2 weeks aleast, but neither of me or my friends got banned, so NC Support gathered data of last week only ? and thats it ? so its safe to assume that not just ncsoft failed to track those who exploited sr, but also banned people from last week for mistake ? and they by now are not banning anymore ? so far i didn't know about anyone getting banned in the last 2/3 days, if they stop banning people doing sr/reps, that means they banned these people wrongly, which should then be guaranted a compensation (a huge one) for the days/aura lost not to count ingame currency/ap/gear, it is a shame.

1 hour ago, Makisekurisu said:

Just want to say that, me and some friends have alr full sr set have more than 3 weeks, and some other friends of mine finished hat and glove quest 2 days ago and nothing happened, so the question here should be, when ncsoft started gathering the data to ban people ? i know that people have been exploiting steel rake have way more than 2 weeks aleast, but neither of me or my friends got banned, so NC Support gathered data of last week only ? and thats it ? so its safe to assume that not just ncsoft failed to track those who exploited sr, but also banned people from last week for mistake ? and they by now are not banning anymore ? so far i didn't know about anyone getting banned in the last 2/3 days, if they stop banning people doing sr/reps, that means they banned these people wrongly, which should then be guaranted a compensation (a huge one) for the days/aura lost not to count ingame currency/ap/gear, it is a shame.

you dont get ban cuz no one report you, if someone report you now and they check your log and you have did turn in you will be ban for sure. dont matter if you have done is the past our now @Makisekurisu

13 minutes ago, Illyriah said:

@Kibbelz So, did the ban wave hit the asmos side too? or they just don't do these repeats ever at all?

Cause gimping a server that already has an unbalanced population is really a nice way to keep your clients happy.

Maybe asmo's see SR as a waste of time that is why they did not get banned.

Oh, I have no intention of letting this thread die.  A lot of people, myself included, are watching to see if and when NC actually reacts.  Things are different now.  Back when subs were really a thing we saw the best results when hundreds of players cancelled within a few days of each other.  Now we have to wait for subs to run out and not be renewed.   When that happens and they are left scratching their heads this thread will still be here.  And we will remember.   I wish I was a billionaire.  Id buy this game and make triple what NC makes.

I think it's just that they saw reports of the exploit of entrance quest, and saw the logs of people going in/out for repeatables and didn't even check the logs properly to see that it was a different place, and now they don't want to admit to their error and will die on the hill that "it's not how it's supposed to be played" when the game is clearly designed that you can hand in multiple quests and can continue to loot, it's not a ban offense if it the quest isn't a daily. No one is dropping the quest to restart it, they're just handing it in.

What is more interesting is that only Elyos did that. NO one is Asmo land farmed that hat. They're far too superior for that...

Archived