Please Welcome, Rin!

Arctic

@Shampoo:
I agree with Shampoo on this. It is lame for minors to always blame their superiors and for superiors to hide behind their minors. Players are dissatisfied with the service of the company and not a person and they usually do not care which specific employee of that company is responsible, they just want the issue resolved. In the end if one is employed by a company one acts as a part of it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

There's still no need for that kind of hostility, in my opinion.

Yes, the CM represents the face for the community they work in, you can shit on his awful job management, but I don't agree on attacking the guy personally.

I think you have correctly focused the problem. 

Ok to discuss the problem. The forum is meant for this. But being respectful of someone who is working should be first requirement. 

• Aion Team

Oh goodness, happy Monday everyone! Quite a lot of chatter here, so let's get into the meat of things.

Before I get into the quotes, I want to put a little reminder here:
I'm going to politely ask everyone to be kind to both each other and past CMs. I know things aren't always bright and rainbows and critique is absolutely acceptable, but berating others is not constructive and doesn't help for any sort of movement forward. It's okay to express your frustrations, but wishing ill is not okay. I will be enforcing the Code of Conduct for the forums, so please keep that in mind.

On 1/28/2022 at 10:35 PM, Load said:

And please @CMRin, don't ever ask players to contact support regarding information about game mechanics or events. They know less than you, and that means they know nothing. It's offensive really. It's better if you just say "I don't know", which is expected from NC.

The contacting of support should not be used for answering general game mechanic questions or event details. They are mostly to help with bugs, verify of bugs, log-in issues, and also help when items are not distributed as intended, among other issue related tasks. They have access to tools that I do not in the effort for these items. The question asked above was in regards to distribution of items, which seems to be a longer on-going detail than I knew of. (Thanks for the information on that, Alyta-DN!) 

However, the remark still stands that support IS there to help with specifics, just as I am here to help answer other details if possible. I hope this makes sense and I hope everyone understands both support AND myself will be doing our best within our power. It was not meant as a slap in the face, and for that I do apologize if it came across as such. 

On 1/29/2022 at 3:57 AM, Kubei-DN said:

I'm not too optimistic here.

On 1/29/2022 at 7:36 AM, Shampoo said:

you are either clueless to what you are getting into, given the track record of your predecessors and their ability and lack there of to community manage, in which case you should be prepared to turned into a liar by your new employer regardless of what assurances you may have been given they wont uphold them.

Nor do I expect anyone to be overly optimistic. I hope my more "cheery" way of writing and regular disposition does not allude you all to thinking that I'm some sort of end-all-be-all to come in and save the day. Far from it. My power is no different than what Kibblez or any other CM before me has been able to do—the biggest difference will be how I personally handle each situation.

That being said, what I DO hope to show over a period of time, is what I am able to do and what I'm not able to do. I want to find that balance of transparency within reason of my powers while juggling the rest of my responsibilities. As I asked kindly, please be patient and kind with me as I learn all of the ins and outs of the game, the community, what tools are at my disposal, what I'm able to escalate, what I can or cannot respond to, and what are things I can push for action items. This will take time, and I will probably fail on occasions either from myself or other situations that are completely out of my hands.

Basically, if you're frustrated, I'm probably also frustrated as is most of the team.  We want to find help if possible, and if not and we cannot respond to a situation, there is likely a reason behind it. We wont always be able to make everyone happy, but what we can do is keep escalating, keep constructive critique moving forward, and keep documenting everything that is happening and trying to find our wins.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:03 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

@CMRinWelcome, One thing we always want is transparency. Even if it is bad news please tell us.

As I stated above, I really hope I can achieve this! I know it won't always be happy news, and I know it'll come with a lot of frustration... and reasonably so.

Please keep voicing your opinions, critique, and suggestions (politely) here! I am trying to read them, document them, and finding ANY wins if I can. But even IF I can, those wins can take a lot of time, so all I can ask for is patience and understanding. Even more so when I literally cannot respond to a topic no matter how badly I wish to. 

Thank you all so much for writing in here with your worries. And again, thank you so much for your kindness as I slowly navigate my way through the forums and the community. 

• Aion Team
On 1/28/2022 at 6:55 PM, Alyta-DN said:

1. You should post a screenshot too! What outfit did you pick to wear? Did you find a nice weapon to use? 

I haven't found a weapon yet nor an outfit I'm excited about QUITE yet (There are a few sets of Phoenix-like wings I'm REALLY LOOKING AT THOUGH 👀)

! I hope folks don't make fun—I'm a bit spooked to post this here if I'm honest, so please don't judge me, folks!—but I've only just reached level 17 on Classic and I am level 3 on Retail. I was given my "GM" accounts recently, but I don't want to play on those (unless needed) as I really want to step in and try to learn the game enough for both Retail and Classic from a new-players perspective. I especially think this is important as we've seen a lot of nostalgia with new folks coming in, and want to get a full idea of what new people are experiencing and try to report back on that, ALONG WITH getting into dungeons and endgame content and seeing what's happening from there!

(Don't worry, despite not being at level quite yet, I'm still reporting on all issues you all have, no matter from which game or why, just so we're clear!)

Anyways, as with any new MMO game, this will take time... so, yeah, I've been REALLY digging my feet in when I can! (The Festive Growth Boxes are gonna come in HANDY for this—WOOHOO!)

In the meantime, here's my Sorcerer I'm playing on in Classic. She's trying her best and spamming all the fire! I've made my Retail character much in her likeness as well. Once I got at least one character through, I'll be blasting another one as an Elyos!
TDdwBg0.jpg

5 hours ago, CMRin said:

I haven't found a weapon yet nor an outfit I'm excited about QUITE yet (There are a few sets of Phoenix-like wings I'm REALLY LOOKING AT THOUGH 👀)

! I hope folks don't make fun—I'm a bit spooked to post this here if I'm honest, so please don't judge me, folks!—but I've only just reached level 17 on Classic and I am level 3 on Retail.

I'm happy to just see a CM accidentally playing the game on a normal account, and on the asmo side too. Leveling should be pretty easy these days, the the most recent changes to campaign quests everyone is flying through levels at a hyper accelerated rate. I know a handful of people all starting to consider bringing alts to 50 just due to how easy this most recent patch has made it to speed through levels.

56 minutes ago, Radu said:

I'm happy to just see a CM accidentally playing the game on a normal account, and on the asmo side too. Leveling should be pretty easy these days, the the most recent changes to campaign quests everyone is flying through levels at a hyper accelerated rate. I know a handful of people all starting to consider bringing alts to 50 just due to how easy this most recent patch has made it to speed through levels.

Speaking of, could we get some kinah added to campaign quests, or a reduction in price of skillbooks? new characters cant afford to learn their skills as they level, makes starting off in this game almost impossible. Also with this change it is incredibly hard to get stigmas while leveling.

8 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Speaking of, could we get some kinah added to campaign quests, or a reduction in price of skillbooks? new characters cant afford to learn their skills as they level, makes starting off in this game almost impossible. Also with this change it is incredibly hard to get stigmas while leveling.

Unfortunately this is a designed choice to give an appeal to buying candies to sell for kinah.

Welcome Rin.

What you're going to notice is the community has a lot of distrust and a lack of faith in NC and their representatives. As you may know most of it is not unwarranted, although some of it is misplaced. I don't mean to speak for everyone here, as I'm sure not everyone feels that way, but I hope you are able to take that for what it is and help create a better atmosphere here on the forums, and thus in the community. We're aware there isn't a lot you can do, for most of us this isn't our first rodeo and we've watched Ncsoft's forum presence/community presence dwindle over time.

Some small suggestions I might make, if I may, is to bolster positive community interaction here on the forums. Things like asking to see screenshots of characters was a good step. We used to have something called a character or player spotlight, back in the day, where art, short stories, and other kinds of media, were showcased here on the forums in their own thread. There wasn't anything in terms of rewards or awards, which I don't think anyone would expect, but it was cool to have a CM/GM encourage that kind of activity.

Another would be treating us like fellow players (in the good way, please don't call me rubbish 1v1 ked qol woof oet) and communicating with us in a way that we can almost perceive you as one of us. Truthfully, we are a frustrated group of players, which you seem to have a comprehension of already, and we really deserve the feeling of being heard and understood, although again I understand that often there will be little you can do, which is most unfortunate. A presence in the game is a good step though, and I hope you follow through on actually playing the game, learning about it and the problems that plague us, but also the good points about the game and what most of the community desires and enjoys.

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your stay, and that your stay lasts long enough that your grasp on both the game and the community strengthens in that time to a point where you have a solid integration into Aion.

Also I want your AP. Thanks.

- Aftershock

16 hours ago, CMRin said:

Fixed! Added myself to Dev Tracker.

there was a glitch with the Quna shop that gave people free compensation bundles (unlimited boons of administration, dragon candies, pots/scrolls, exp amulets etc) that the GMs claimed would be fixed by removing the extra copies of them on characters that bought more than one. However the fix never worked, everyone who took advantage of the glitch still has them and has been using them for 3-4 weeks now.

At this point, can you just ask them to allow ALL of us to freely use these consumables from the compensation bundles to even the playing field for those of us who didn't manage to take advantage of the glitch? At least until the GMs are able to properly fix the issue, which they don't seem to even know still exists.

3 minutes ago, Ussopsk said:

there was a glitch with the Quna shop that gave people free compensation bundles (unlimited boons of administration, dragon candies, pots/scrolls, exp amulets etc) that the GMs claimed would be fixed by removing the extra copies of them on characters that bought more than one. However the fix never worked, everyone who took advantage of the glitch still has them and has been using them for 3-4 weeks now.

At this point, can you just ask them to allow ALL of us to freely use these consumables from the compensation bundles to even the playing field for those of us who didn't manage to take advantage of the glitch? At least until the GMs are able to properly fix the issue, which they don't seem to even know still exists.

I agree something still needs to be done about this. There are players showing their inventory having 10's of thousands of pots and candies. Although it's not the most game breaking thing, as everyone has access to them, we still have to shell out kinah to purchase or craft them, which currently is expensive. It increases a gap that exists between players and furthermore is something ncsoft should own up to and fix to create a trust in them.

So, either issueing a large sum of consumables (which would probably be more difficult to do as I'm sure it would be a blanket issue and only add more consumables to those who abused the bug) or remove the consumables the offenders have, as was promised to us. I don't think it's very professional to say "well that fix didnt work guess we'll backburner it haha".

hihihihi Rin, 

You'll mainly find salty posts here as I'm sure others have more than likely pointed out. Please stay strong and weather the rude comments as there will be many coming.   I hope we can see you in game every so often learning about the things we enjoy and well plague us.  I'm excited to see what changes you endeavor to bring and I pray that there will more reasonable transparency about what's going in our favored game~

22 hours ago, CMRin said:

The contacting of support should not be used for answering general game mechanic questions or event details. They are mostly to help with bugs, verify of bugs, log-in issues, and also help when items are not distributed as intended, among other issue related tasks. They have access to tools that I do not in the effort for these items. The question asked above was in regards to distribution of items, which seems to be a longer on-going detail than I knew of. (Thanks for the information on that, Alyta-DN!) 

However, the remark still stands that support IS there to help with specifics, just as I am here to help answer other details if possible. I hope this makes sense and I hope everyone understands both support AND myself will be doing our best within our power. It was not meant as a slap in the face, and for that I do apologize if it came across as such. 

Support doesnt know. They respond to 99% of our inquires with stupid copy/paste answers because they dont know how things work in the game. Like, zero knowledge. Literally zero.

How can you give support to something that you dont know how it works?

Why have the tools if you dont know how you are supposed to use them?

You should try, really. You will understand what I mean when you do.

7 hours ago, Load said:

Support doesnt know. They respond to 99% of our inquires with stupid copy/paste answers because they dont know how things work in the game. Like, zero knowledge. Literally zero.

How can you give support to something that you dont know how it works?

Why have the tools if you dont know how you are supposed to use them?

You should try, really. You will understand what I mean when you do.

Wrong thread champ, this is for the community manager, not support.

Welcome @CMRinlooking forward to ready your posts! Please post 🥔 for long ones 😁

Will make it short now but:

1) + for Asmo, for sure 😎

2) there are still living people around here

3) reply, always, silence is not ok

All in all wish you the best, strenght and endurance, you will need a lot in here. But we will try to provide accurate feedback so you have at least something to work with. Hope you will enjoy your work and game.

@Kibbelza new journey begins, wish you the best wherever you go, green land, high hills doesn't matter, you did what you could. Time to move on 👏

To NC heads....💩 🥳 Great show, great show!

See you around ❤️

• Aion Team
On 2/1/2022 at 8:09 AM, Adla said:

Some small suggestions I might make, if I may, is to bolster positive community interaction here on the forums. Things like asking to see screenshots of characters was a good step. We used to have something called a character or player spotlight, back in the day, where art, short stories, and other kinds of media, were showcased here on the forums in their own thread. There wasn't anything in terms of rewards or awards, which I don't think anyone would expect, but it was cool to have a CM/GM encourage that kind of activity.

Wait okay, real talk....

Do you guys want this?

I will, of course, ALWAYS be raising topics and getting community sentiment. That's my top priority and why I'm in here daily taking notes. However, the actual changes in-game are technically out of my hands...

Topics like THIS however—or doing fun little in-game hang outs or such—I probably can do, baring any overload of work I might have. It is something I'm looking deeply into as I get situated and understand my tasks, so that I can fully schedule my weeks out and see what openings there are for other things like this.

Basically, I would love to if people would be interested. Outside of work hours, I am an artist myself and love seeing what people write, draw, make music of, character screenshots, MS paint weirdness, or just finding silly ways to enjoy and have fun in-game. I LOVE showcasing everyone's stuff, and if given permission by the original creator, would love to even post about these on socials or blogs too... AGAIN, hoping that I can. (Fingers crossed!)

Sooooo... yeah. Do let me know. ;) 

30 minutes ago, Rin said:

Wait okay, real talk....

Do you guys want this?

I will, of course, ALWAYS be raising topics and getting community sentiment. That's my top priority and why I'm in here daily taking notes. However, the actual changes in-game are technically out of my hands...

Topics like THIS however—or doing fun little in-game hang outs or such—I probably can do, baring any overload of work I might have. It is something I'm looking deeply into as I get situated and understand my tasks, so that I can fully schedule my weeks out and see what openings there are for other things like this.

Basically, I would love to if people would be interested. Outside of work hours, I am an artist myself and love seeing what people write, draw, make music of, character screenshots, MS paint weirdness, or just finding silly ways to enjoy and have fun in-game. I LOVE showcasing everyone's stuff, and if given permission by the original creator, would love to even post about these on socials or blogs too... AGAIN, hoping that I can. (Fingers crossed!)

Thanks for being bubbly about making the experience in forums better.

Being here and replying to people is already giving good vibes. Also always be honest, players constantly ask for changes that are either too much or impossible to make, or the game is not designed like this, you name the things the publisher is not willing to change. Remember the more things you give to players the more they will ask for. Some requests are reasonable, others are too selfish.

Whatever additional thing you do, do it because you have the time and you find it as a hobby, never over-stress yourself with additional things that get you out of your work and never feel that you have to reach quotas of things you promised to do but found no time for. Do your things at your pace and we will accept it.

The number one priority is to always address bugs and glitches because you are the middleman from players to the GMs.

3 hours ago, Rin said:

Wait okay, real talk....

Do you guys want this?

Yesssssss lets see a little more positivity and creativity in Forums  please !!! 

Archived