Something I don't understand (Small rant)

MintyR-DN

2 hours ago, MintyR-DN said:

Okay so why do people hate SWs so much and always cry that they are OP when OP ass clerics and ATs exist?  Why so much damn hatred to the SW class?!

dude really...   it's a class that has everything

1- Cancer 1 2 3 4 combo
2- Really High Dmg
3- Heals & Shields
4-Self Dispels
5- Every possible CC  Mov speed reduction, Atk Speed reduct, MS reduct, Atk & MB reduct, Stun, Snare, Sleep, Silence, Bind, Paralysis, Removes Buffs, Mana Burn.
6- Broken buff sitgma... 500 silence resistance rlly nyerk ?
7- and DoTs/Delayed skills so is really easy to do a Bury on the enemy and is easy to prevent a bury on yourself

28 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

dude really...   it's a class that has everything

1- Cancer 1 2 3 4 combo
2- Really High Dmg
3- Heals & Shields
4-Self Dispels
5- Every possible CC  Mov speed reduction, Atk Speed reduct, MS reduct, Atk & MB reduct, Stun, Snare, Sleep, Silence, Bind, Paralysis, Removes Buffs, Mana Burn.
6- Broken buff sitgma... 500 silence resistance rlly nyerk ?
7- and DoTs/Delayed skills so is really easy to do a Bury on the enemy and is easy to prevent a bury on yourself

8) speed boost,

@MintyR-DN i know, and people dont like SM for that too, but lets face it, SW is the most hated class in the game, NC took the best of three classes (Clerics, Sorcs, SM) and give it to one class, they can CC, dispell, silence, heal, nuke skills, etc..

11 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Lets remove everything that makes a SW a SW.........

Please xD

I´m not so sure if the class is OP or just some players are really skilled. 

I saw so many post about how great the SW are, so I made one for myself some time ago. My main is cleric and I also like to play in my sorc, so this class is nice. Is like a combination from those 2. Not so powerfull like those on certain areas, but a nice combination. Is a nice class to start playing. The healing skills are cool leveling up. But is not really OP. You need a lot of practice to learn how to properly use a SW. I like it but I do not find it better than  the other 2. 

Yes. Sw can do a lot of things like casting a dispel before receiving the CC skill or turning into penguins near enemies, but even those skills needs a lot of practice and not everybody can do that in a perfect way. 

In Aion you need to practice a lot if you want to do something good. Every class can do an amazing job or a crappy one depending on how you play. If you feel like you are losing too much, it is time to see what are you doing wrong. If PvP is what you like and every SW in the game can defeat you, is cause you are doing something wrong (and prob most of the players can defeat you if this happens). You also need to learn that every class in Aion have advantages against some classes and weakness against some others. Probably sins and rangers have easier fights agains them. 

45 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I saw so many post about how great the SW are, so I made one for myself some time ago. My main is cleric and I also like to play in my sorc, so this class is nice. Is like a combination from those 2. Not so powerfull like those on certain areas, but a nice combination. Is a nice class to start playing. The healing skills are cool leveling up. But is not really OP. You need a lot of practice to learn how to properly use a SW. I like it but I do not find it better than  the other 2. 

Yes. Sw can do a lot of things like casting a dispel before receiving the CC skill or turning into penguins near enemies, but even those skills needs a lot of practice and not everybody can do that in a perfect way. 

In Aion you need to practice a lot if you want to do something good. Every class can do an amazing job or a crappy one depending on how you play. If you feel like you are losing too much, it is time to see what are you doing wrong. If PvP is what you like and every SW in the game can defeat you, is cause you are doing something wrong (and prob most of the players can defeat you if this happens). You also need to learn that every class in Aion have advantages against some classes and weakness against some others. Probably sins and rangers have easier fights agains them. 

Typically, if a skill cap is extremely high or class is not very strong in PVP and/or PVE, you don't see a lot of players in that class. Personally, whenever I look at the player stats,  SW always outnumber any other  caster class.

As you said, it's a nice class to start playing, I think that speaks for itself. 

3 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

What..what in the? You sure you're talking about SW the 1-2-3 class right? 

Some people say the same thing about gunners, and still not every player can do that. 

I have a SW and I can not kill other people with just 3 skills. Do not believe me!! Make one for yourself. 

That SW is probably so geared and the player who died in few secs problably is wearing cheap gear. We can not see that here. And if that was you on your chanter, well... You must know that cloths used to have a nice advantage agains chain classes. 

But again, gear means a lot. Some years ago I had so much issues fighting sorcerers on my cleric. I just used PvE gear with HP or with some MR (enought for TS but not enought against sorcerers). So they used to kill me in just 3 or 4 skills (sleep to begin and 2 or 3 burst damage skills). I wasn´t even able to run away. But, were the sorcerers OP? Nope. They are just one of my counterclasses and I had inadecuated gear against them. Some time later, I got some PvP gear with more MR and it changed a lot. A sorcerer who sees, that after using all his burst damage skills, the cleric is still with half of the HP, start to be nervous and becomes easier to kill. 

You need the right gear. Is not only 1 PvP gear to kill everybody. Think like a cleric, and get 2 or 3 sets. Sometimes more DPS is not the key. Sometimes you need to resist and the time will be on your side. 

I suck at Aion. SW is the only class I play that I can consistently win with. Because it's broken. It has too much utility while requiring too little skill/gear to be competitive. The only thing it's missing is fear. It's a cheap class, and I love it, but I want to see it nerfed too.

Gunner used to be broken too (pop buffs 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-reload-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-autoload-1-1-1-1-1-1 if not yet dead; I'd kill people while wearing full mithril coin gear), and they nerfed that down in 4.8.

2 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I suck at Aion. SW is the only class I play that I can consistently win with. Because it's broken. It has too much utility while requiring too little skill/gear to be competitive. The only thing it's missing is fear. It's a cheap class, and I love it, but I want to see it nerfed too.

Gunner used to be broken too (pop buffs 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-reload-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-autoload-1-1-1-1-1-1 if not yet dead; I'd kill people while wearing full mithril coin gear), and they nerfed that down in 4.8.

I can guarantee that in 6.0 they will nerf  SW very hard

11 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

10) Unlike other classes, for example clerics, you don't need different sets to be competitive in PvP.

And then you ask why SW are so Op and you lose everytime against them :P 

No. Really. If you like PvP, you should study the other classes and know the stats they use to have. Maybe for a sorcerer is harder to have different sets cause you can only use cloth, but still. having more than just one weapon and one armor full of Knowledge and maybe some MAcc to do a lot of damage, you can try to make some gear more adecuated for each rival

I wil give you an example

I have a friend who loved PvP. His main was a gladiator. As you prob know, almost all the glads use the same gear in PvP. Extendable weapon, plate armor, lots of attack and critical. Maybe a silence godstone. And thats the set for everyone. But this friend was different. He had like 3 or 4 different weapons and 3 or 4 diferent armors. All PvP gear. 

He had a leather set with some MS manastones and one extendable with silence for mages. One extendable with paralysis for clerics. Why a leather set on a gladiator? Cause he saw that Phisical defense is useless against magical attacks. But leather gives a lot more MS. Plate gear has almost nothing in MS and MR. So all the skills from sorcerers do full damage. But if you pay attention you will see that sins and ranger are more resistant. They have more MS on their sets. He did not put so much crit and attack on that gear cause cloth have almost no resistance agains phisycal attacks, So with normal amounts of damage and extendable was enought for him. I have a cleric. Plates usually are so easy to me (even when I suck on pvp). But fighting with him was really complicated. Those paralisys was enought for him to not let me run way. The MS on his set absorved a lot of my damage. And even using a Block gear, he won a lot of duels. 

He also had a plate gear with some MR. Why? to avoid the CC effects from ranger skills. Rangers have some silences, roots, and other effects on their shoots. They usually do not have so much MAcc, but the skills have a base bonus on that. But still with some MR you can evade a lot of them. And finally he had his regular strong plate gear with an strong weapon with lots of attack and critial to fight agains other melee and in groupal PvP to do damage to all the enemy team. How many gladiators you know with more than one armor for PvP?

Dis you at least took the time to compare PvP gears? You know that Abyss gear is more focused on Magical resistances and more DPS, but the alternative (BM before and Coliseum now) is more focused on Phisycal resistance? Did you used some time to ask how much Acc a normal player has? Do you know that you do not need 5.5K in MB to fight against most of the plates? Have you calculated if is worth to have a set with less MB and maybe some HP or evasion to fight against players with less MS? Nobody use evasion, maybe is worthless. I do not know, I use a cleric so I will not use it. But nobody else talks about that. and it can give 30% less damage received. 

I tried on my first days to counter Cloths in their game, lots of MB and making my DPS as big as I could, and I lost. My cleric needed a MR gear. And with that MR gear, SW are not so OP. When you start resisting some of their skills you cut their chains. 

Come on!. Do some maths, try to find a better strategy. If you keep doing just what everybody does and you pretend to have only 1 gear for everything, please stop complaining, Cause let me tell you. SW are a good class but they are not OP or impossible to defeat, you are just so lazy 

Archived