Weekly Server Maintenance - September 19, 2018

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, September 19, 2018 from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance.
  • Power Up Week will begin.
  • Kromede's Revenge will continue for two more weeks.
  • Daeva's Day Event celebrations will continue.
  • Anniversary Bonus Boosts will begin for one week. Take advantage of the following bonuses.
    • +200% Bonus XP
    • +100% Drop Rate
    • +100% Crafting
    • +100% AP

Aion Ops now has it's own account! Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

ur6yqaxfkfm11.jpg  xoiu0x52ntl11.jpg 00mvjpc_bJ5KkjT-TWLbr1T_NWw7WjhnX6QU1pF5

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

• Enchanting Stigmas (during Power Up Week) will now have a chance to not lower the enchantment level by 1. 

Just to be extra sure, does this mean there is a chance the stigma level will stay the same upon failure? Or that there is only a chance the enchantment level goes down by 1, and otherwise it will break to 0? 

(I'm guessing the former but stigma enchanting is always such a stressful and often pricey ordeal, I want to be certain :P)

1 hour ago, Haniya-DN said:

Just to be extra sure, does this mean there is a chance the stigma level will stay the same upon failure? Or that there is only a chance the enchantment level goes down by 1, and otherwise it will break to 0? 

(I'm guessing the former but stigma enchanting is always such a stressful and often pricey ordeal, I want to be certain :P)

No, it means the Stigma Preservation buff will now make it so that if you fail, you will either lose one level or not lose any level at all.

6 hours ago, Cyan said:
    • Enchanting Stigmas (during Power Up Week) will now have a chance to not lower the enchantment level by 1.

54 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

I understand it like:

you enchant a stigma +5 -> +6 and fail.

it goes to +4 and has X% chance to stay at +5.

Actually I might see some ppl complaining that they got it more difficult because of that chance

Personally I like the change since I want to made several more stigmas.

Bit there's also 1 thing I have to say: Last Power Up (not sure if it wasn't just my rng) I noticed a drop in success rate when enchanting stigmas. I'll leave it opened as just my RNG may have sucked.. 

And plz, those who say Power Up is P2W, how many F2P players would have +9 stigmas without power up? I'd say very, very few, nearly 0. Power up helps f2p players, ye you can get more mats from the store, I admit, but all those items are available through in-game sources.

PS for those who still think it's P2W: think about the number of stigmas you would have to use to bring a stigma to +9 WITHOUT power up... It's a lot more

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, ByTheWay-KT said:

Where is this?  https://prnt.sc/kwe4j1

You said 200%, not double like other times

The rates you see there are not bonus rates, that's the total rate. (Standard % + bonus %.) So in my post above you can see that it's written as the bonus rates, which is why it says 100% for crafting. 100% standard  + 100% bonuses = 200%. 

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

The rates you see there are not bonus rates, that's the total rate. (Standard % + bonus %.) So in my post above you can see that it's written as the bonus rates, which is why it says 100% for crafting. 100% standard  + 100% bonuses = 200%. 

If you say "double" and gives 100% it's ok, if you say "200%" and gives 100% it's a lie, learn the difference before posting.
Anyway, you always do the same, we dont expect anything from this community, ty

11 minutes ago, ByTheWay-KT said:

If you say "double" and gives 100% it's ok, if you say "200%" and gives 100% it's a lie, learn the difference before posting.
Anyway, you always do the same, we dont expect anything from this community, ty

Its really simple. If it has a plus (+) symbol at the start, then it means additive (100% additional chances/effect/whatever). If it has no symbol in front, then its the total (200% total). Its always done this way because thats how math works.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:25 PM, Cyan said:

Can confirm that this doesn't work at all. This "chance" is a myth, should've written the % of possibility instead.

Archived