Ranger BOTS all over map

Aliseta-DN

Ok we all heard that you made untradable Kinah and so on to counter BOTS and RMT, yet what you do to ban those Ranger BOTS who dont let new players complete quests? At any time there is 15-20 BOTS on in Elyos starter location in Lakrum. Is that hard to log in few min per day and check those areas and ban them?

They actually made grinding relevant again since making kinah cannot be done with the supplements of CoE, also the new materials and the wholer evamping of the game created a rarity in everything.

This was something I knew would happen, bots eveywhere, people are trying really hard to fill the gaps and I do not see how this will ever get down. In 5.8 the bots were not that many because grinding wasn't that relevant to anything, we would get top gear from boxes from events, crafting was obsolete, aetherforging was (and still practically is) useless, so people just played the game, instances and events.

now everything is about mats, only to craft things, break it to get the spiritstones etc. It was inevitable to do this. the other day I saw a whole alliance farming a specific mini world boss for the ancient kibrium. I have a screenshot, that guy probably brought all his alts, he killed the mini boss, and then loot it with everyone, this way every character would get 1 ancient kibrium. Imagine having 24 alts in one spot, kill one named monster and end up with 24x ancient kibrium which in my server and function costs about 800k each on broker!

exactly, yes no inflation because no sales allowed. Crafting is pointless, you can't craft for alts, so you are supposed to spend a fortune to craft an item ONCE?!?! Grinding for Kinah pointless, can't give it to alts and, well after 80, it takes maybe 2 hours to run out of things to do.

Fix a game by removing 90% of why people played for hours, week, months and years? Makes no sense.

Every attempt this and any other game has ever made to stop bots and RMT does nothing but punish the legitimate player base. The game that I have seen do the best at stopping it is BDO yet there is still bots and RMT in a sense of guild payouts and power leveling. Every time I go to Panda there is the OKGOLD spammer still there.  Your not going to stop it so please stop screwing over the players that have been dedicated to you. As for the bots now, the only way to slow it down is for someone to get online daily. I don't think anyone pays attention to the report bot function.

I thought by now, people would learn that complaining about bots wont get you anywhere. Just report them and move on.

You want NCsoft to do something?Do you want nerfed drop loots in Lakrum because thats the exact thing happened before 6.2 when people were complaining about bots....

59 minutes ago, DaChanteress-KT said:

One thing I do not understand, why there are bots when you cannot trade money (kinah) or anything else even between your own characters? Well, I know you can trade at the brokers but not everything. RMT should not exist anymore so what are the bots still doing in Lakrum for what?

Botting for crafting mats for their main (the current drop rate is almost okay for humans but not everybody has 2hrs per day to spend farming mobs you feel me?) or to resell them, cheaper than everyone else, then use the kinah from the sales to:
1) buy an item that their main is selling for the exact amount of kinah their bot has;
2) resell that kinah as RMT with the same method, the guy with the real life moneys lists an item that corresponds to the value of kinah he bought on some shady website/Facebook contact and the bot buys it. ezpz

1 hour ago, DaChanteress-KT said:

One thing I do not understand, why there are bots when you cannot trade money (kinah) or anything else even between your own characters? Well, I know you can trade at the brokers but not everything. RMT should not exist anymore so what are the bots still doing in Lakrum for what?

Farming the Guiding Stones, which sell on broker. You can find people selling batches of 2K, 3K, 4K stones. Those give profit, and one can collect money from the bot by placing something for 100 M for example and let the bot buy it. There is always a workaround and bots are using it well, farming all the spots and making it harder for us real players to get materials.

And at least he/she asked. Devs don´t know but never check forums to learn from players. :P 

Lets be honest, this thing existed all the time in Aion. Happens a lot with mats that are obtained from mobs. before 4.X Bots were the providers for a lot of mats that we needed a lot, like spirit stones. Lots of Alchemy items were in some way cheap for everyone cause we had bots. I´m not saying that was something good. But we had enought experience to imagine this current situation. 

Actually IMO could be a better idea to provide those mats by essencetapping. I never saw a bot gathering in that way. Probably can be done too, but I think is harder cause essencetaping items can not be targeted. And from those we obtained a bigger amount of mats.

The bad news is that all we know what happens after the bots appear and do this, the drops will be nerfed like 90-95% and will be so hard to get something. At the end I am not sure what is better.

@Arxaggelos-KT Have you ever considered that it was an actual Alliance farming these named mobs? On KT-E there is almost always one alliance spamming lfg to grind that. I also farm those 1-2 hours ever couple of days. you might see 2-3 alts in there, but not 24 alts. most of the alliance is made by individual players. And i say this, again as a person who joins the so called beach party alliance. 

Now what i don't understand is why this bot thing is considered such a big problem? 1st, the zones they are farming have a low drop rate anyhow. i would never consider starting area as a farm spot, since most of the time you get no drops or bad drops. 2nd you get more mats on broker, for you to take advantage of. 3rd if someone has 5 billion kinah, is not like he can do too much things with them anyhow, to influence the game that much. Not considering kinah importance in 5.x patch and how OP you could have get from having billions of kinah. 
Never been bothered by bots, not before and not now. i look at the positive aspect more then the negative aspects of bots. 

@Azzmaria-KT I'm not sure but i think it was possible to use the /select option for essencetapping, not that it matters anymore :D 

Also, as in any other domain, and in life in general, rules will never stop cheaters. Every action NC will take against bots and hackers will not affect those who actually hack or are using bots, but the normal players. See the kinah and item trade limits in this patch :D 

PS:

Would be nice not to have bots but, let's be realistic, they will always be here.

Just reported another 7 chanters and gunslingers all in lakrum campaign gear on week 4 of patch. Not a single piece of CoE/Mirash gear on them. Its very clear these are bots since an actual player would most of the time only open world grind when he/she has exhausted all instance runs for the week. I did report a few in the past couple weeks wearing crafted PvE ancient grade gear no CoE/Mirash gear. A bot can easily afford those off broker after all.

17 hours ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

@Cyan I want to know about your opinion on this, will this issue be addressed ?

I wish they will address this issue just because to do the quests at the beginning for a level 76 is very hard it takes so long. >:( My character did take too long to just do simple quests because lots of bots, and I know they are bots because they never collect the drops and leave the body there. Plus they are super fast at killing mobs and running! O.o Also, they are so very rude they even target my mobs while I'm trying to get at least some materials (drops) for my quests so I'm left with nothing to collect and hoping to be quicker than them.

It is really upsetting to have to run around for so long and losing my transformation very quickly for nothing. The GM or whatever they are called should at least try to get into the game and see what's happening since it seems nothing is done about it

19 hours ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

@Cyan I want to know about your opinion on this, will this issue be addressed ?

He plays on EK-Elyos.  So if the bots are still there i doubt he responds to it or really makes actions himself on the matter.  If he wont even take actions on his own server and faction,  why would actions be made else where? 

I get he is a CM and not a GM,  but if you are an employee of a company and you see rules being broken that your company has set in place.  It is your duty to either, 

1.) do something yourself about the issue. 

or

2.) pass it onto someone else at the company who specificly handles those matters.  

But that's asking a lot from NCSoft,  because they have never acted as a professional company nor had any structure.  (looking from the outside in)  its the damn wild wild west when it comes to their employee's and they do whatever the hell they want,  as long as it apears to be what they are supposed to be doing to the people who write their paychecks.

Example:

Hell,  Cyan might even just be playing on his character on EK-Elyos Writing it off as "I'm interacting with the community which falls in line with my duties as the community manager"  with his 4-5 Forum posts a week. (no idea what else hes doing as a CM but that's all that is visibly seen from the outside in)

Few thoughts while reading these posts:

1. Botting is a lot easier now because a) NCSoft doesn't care enough to have programs catching suspicious activity and b) Leveling up is really easy.

2. Botting is a lot more efficient now because you can never be caught trading with a bot because the only way to do so is through broker and you can always plead "I sniped that item"

3. Botting on your main is better than botting on a throwaway account because since NCSoft doesn't care, you are less likely going to be flagged as a bot rather than running around on a rank 7-9 with Lakram Gear.

Food for thought.

On 11/22/2018 at 6:11 PM, Mirelium-KT said:

@Arxaggelos-KT Have you ever considered that it was an actual Alliance farming these named mobs? On KT-E there is almost always one alliance spamming lfg to grind that. I also farm those 1-2 hours ever couple of days. you might see 2-3 alts in there, but not 24 alts. most of the alliance is made by individual players. And i say this, again as a person who joins the so called beach party alliance. 

No these are bots. They are very, very, very afk and all clustered in a group behind a tree. Some are as low as level 10 other level 30. Only a few are level 80. They have matching names and are often in the same legion. They do not post in LFG nor will they add anyone who comes up. The active player who all these bots belong to aggros the mob and walks it over to the Alliance before killing it. You can watch as one by one the bots come over to loot and then go back to the tree. It's the only time the bots move. Occasionally they even have a kisk up.

I've been sending tickets with piles of screenshots every week. It's the same bots and the same active player every time.

Archived