Jump to content
Cyan

Glory Points Reset & Seasons

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We still do not know how the GP from pvp instances will be and how much will it be. Why do you assume people who do not know how to siege will be on top ranks? Are top ranks innocent people who do not p2w as well?

The problem here is that we had locked list of ranking with afk people sitting there, while the Gp they got wasn't even from pvp, but mostly from pve things in the past or AP->GP conversion days, or even worse with the coalition afk-system where everyone could get same rewards whether they tried or not.

You are now assuming that the current top ranks didn’t earn their rank, or converted a large amount or afk. WOW - that’s a lot of assumptions that don’t apply to a lot of people I know. Way to put everyone in the same basket of bad apples whether they deserve it or not. Well done!

12 minutes ago, catsu-KT said:

My point wasn't about rewards but people whining they can no longer afk&keep their ranks tho, those have xforms and use them currently will most likely keep them in the future, those who are useless will finally get what they deserve. As for acceptance part, please, look how the game currently is, look at your furry char(and the whole xform system) and look at the overall health of this game. You've accepted worse things so far and will continue to do so because it's the only choice. Pray for EU's limited GST. Fren. 

The point is that this is unfair compensation to ACTIVE ranked players. In addition we won’t get many new players it’s more important to keep the current ones happy and active ranked players are among the most loyal - read BEST customers.Why would accepting poor decisions be any justification for accepting worse ones? Given your prior analogy I would say get a good divorce lawyer.

Edited by Rapier-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the GP reset, I don't think much people will still play this game much. Instead of helping the game progress they're going to push the Veterans that kept playing this game away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
catsu-KT   
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

You are now assuming that the current top ranks didn’t earn their rank, or converted a large amount or afk. WOW - that’s a lot of assumptions that don’t apply to a lot of people I know. Way to put everyone in the same basket of bad apples whether they deserve it or not. Well done!

The point is that this is unfair compensation to ACTIVE ranked players. In addition we won’t get many new players it’s more important to keep the current ones happy and active ranked players are among the most loyal - read BEST customers.Why would accepting poor decisions be any justification for accepting worse ones? Given your prior analogy I would say get a good divorce lawyer.

That "WOW" smells cognitive dissonance, you should get some rest

Because you will have to accept it regardless, whether you like it or not. Keeping the whales happy shouldn't be used to justify keeping the rank locked, let the newbs have a chance, if not now then in the future. Let the whales earn their xforms. This change will motivate people to buy prestige in order to gain extra GP from sieges and such, a much better option money wise for ncwest(since you care about their profits so much :P)
 

Edited by catsu-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Well it was highly probable that NCwest would follow the GP reset Trend from other regions but this custom change they want to do about reseting GP every month seems kinda bad and annoying. As to attain rank requieres a fixed amount of GP be prepared for 1 week without xforms and 2 weeks without yellow chat and commander stun, every month GG.

Bad and annoying? Why. It makes you have to compete for ranks constantly, instead of relying in your old AP->GP conversion days or 5.8 GP earning days where you could get like 60k~100k GP per month or something, and be secure for the rest of eternity in a high rank feeling important because you did enough pve in the past.

6 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Imagine you have been married 20 years to someone and have been a constant loving partner. You’re no longer the cute young thing but you’re an active loving wife. Now some cute young 20 year old walks in and expects to have your man, your house and everything else.

imagine being upset over that.

Imagine having been married to a man for 20 years and expect him to love you, just because you are with him for 20 years while you no longer have to try, while a young 20 year old loves your husband more than you do and tries more than you do, and you complain he left you for her!
To be loved by your significant other you have to try every day, if one day you stop trying you lose it all.
To be on top ranks of Aion you have to try every day, if one month you stop trying, you lose it all.

5 hours ago, Hellish-DN said:

The history of your account shouldn’t have any effect on whether or not you have a rank, there’s been too many fundamental changes to the game. GP worked (kind of) in 4.5-4.9 because people actively competed in order to get gear (had to be 5-star). After 5.0 came out, unless you had transform there was no reason to actively compete for GP (a little AP and medals meant little).

You had people who would queue instances repeatedly to try and get a pop on their alt to get more GP. And you have people with ranks who sit on top of the walls or the back of the push in alliance, because they only need to get 120 per siege to get their rank. People who only want the rank because it makes them feel important but are otherwise useless, you know who they are. I’m not saying that’s a a majority, but it’s certainly sizeable. 

If people want to p2w their ranks now, go ahead, it gets reset every month. But otherwise, ranks should be determined my attending siege and actively contributing to them. 

Amen, people got their CURRENT GP from means that are no longer possible, if they allow us to turn AP -> GP again, if they allow us to get the amount of GP that we could get in 5,8 then I guess people won't complain that some old whales accumulated millions of GP. The ranking system has been revamped one time from AP to GP and since then GP was also altered on how you get in every patch, every time they change the GP acquisition they should discard any previous accumulated GP. If AP->GP was bad and hence removed, then they should also remove the GP people got from that and compensate them (with gold ingots lol).

GP was never a currency, it was supposed to show how much you "worth" being high ranked but it failed miserably because people could even afk enough to get high ranked. Now it is fixed. It is a monthly match.

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

You clearly missed the point “fren” so let me help you out here. The active people aren’t afraid of competition- they wouldn’t HAVE the highest ranks if they couldn’t compete and they aren’t scared of some new people taking anything- if anything they had a LOT more competition when servers were more populated .

Doesn’t mean that they should accept rubbish in return as compensation - that’s just not reasonable.

If your problem is the compensation then lets demand more Gold Ingot purchasable items, arguing that the monthly GP reset is a bad thing only makes you sound like you loved the locked ranks.

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

You are now assuming that the current top ranks didn’t earn their rank, or converted a large amount or afk. WOW - that’s a lot of assumptions that don’t apply to a lot of people I know. Way to put everyone in the same basket of bad apples whether they deserve it or not. Well done!

The point is that this is unfair compensation to ACTIVE ranked players. In addition we won’t get many new players it’s more important to keep the current ones happy and active ranked players are among the most loyal - read BEST customers.Why would accepting poor decisions be any justification for accepting worse ones? Given your prior analogy I would say get a good divorce lawyer.

  • I am SEEING people afk in sieges even though they are high ranks.
  • I am seeing high ranks being unable to help in siege because their high rank is only because they never took a hiatus from game and managed to accumulate more GP while they never really did enough pvp to earn those.
  • The current top ranks DID convert a lot of AP to GP and did get a ton of GP by pve means during 5.8
  • If people ARE active they have nothing to complain, effectively everyone can be governor now as long as they try/qualify for it.
  • If active people do not want an active ranking race constantly it means they no longer have the will to try to get on top which negates your whole argument, active people will love and active ranking system where they can even be No 1.
2 hours ago, EZBurst-KT said:

After the GP reset, I don't think much people will still play this game much. Instead of helping the game progress they're going to push the Veterans that kept playing this game away.

If anyone leaves because of the GP reset then the GP reset actually served the purpose. Those people kept logging in only to keep their ranks without effort. I will be "bye felicia" to them.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, catsu-KT said:

That "WOW" smells cognitive dissonance, you should get some rest

Because you will have to accept it regardless, whether you like it or not. Keeping the whales happy shouldn't be used to justify keeping the rank locked, let the newbs have a chance, if not now then in the future. Let the whales earn their xforms. This change will motivate people to buy prestige in order to gain extra GP from sieges and such, a much better option money wise for ncwest(since you care about their profits so much :P)
 

I doubt you even know what cognitive dissonance is, in any case it has nothing to due with the topic at hand.

No one has to accept anything. You seem to have a hard time accepting that this isn't the only game around, and that as customer's we're free to spend our time and money wherever we please.

You also seem to have a difficult time grasping that not everyone with a high rank is a whale. I can assure you that they are not, and that many of them put in time and effort to get where they are. It's just that many people don't want to invest the time to get their ranks and WOULD rather spend the cash. Now they will likely have to spend cash to get rank. Enjoy your real P2W ranks now. You likely won't have a chance if you're not a whale.Prestige is not going to make much of difference, multiply that far higher most likely.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Bad and annoying? Why. It makes you have to compete for ranks constantly, instead of relying in your old AP->GP conversion days or 5.8 GP earning days where you could get like 60k~100k GP per month or something, and be secure for the rest of eternity in a high rank feeling important because you did enough pve in the past.

well  yeah the way i understood it was there will be a constant GP reset of our total ammount of GP to zero every single month, and yeah that would be really bad and annoying everybody losing their rank each month and to wait several days without yellow chat and commander stun until ppl reach the fixed amounts for each rank. 

But thanks to our Reading professor here down below it seems our system will be just like a always, our total GP will keep growing and our officers rank will remain untouched. The reset will only  be applied to the Season GP Ranks like discipline or harmony.

My bad! so its ok i dont have any problem, probably will reach General rank now :D

7 hours ago, Zyrelia-DN said:

I guess some people cant' read lol. here's a snippet from Cyan's original post to this thread.

 

"Ranks will work the same as they always have, albeit with lowered GP requirements to rank up"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If anyone leaves because of the GP reset then the GP reset actually served the purpose. Those people kept logging in only to keep their ranks without effort. I will be "bye felicia" to them.

1

You know those Veterans are the ones that keep Aion running because they purchase 10k-50k Ncoins or more a month right? If there's no purchase in bulk do you think it will be rentable to keep the game running? Nope... I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

well  yeah the way i understood it was there will be a constant GP reset of our total ammount of GP to zero every single month, and yeah that would be really bad and annoying everybody losing their rank each month and to wait several days without yellow chat and commander stun until ppl reach the fixed amounts for each rank. 

But thanks to our Reading professor here down below it seems our system will be just like a always, our total GP will keep growing and our officers rank will remain untouched. The reset will only  be applied to the Season GP Ranks like discipline or harmony.

My bad! so its ok i dont have any problem, probably will reach General rank now :D

 

This would be  much better, if true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

This would be  much better, if true.

yeah... i'm still confused, would be nice if @Cyan could clarify this point.   Officers Ranks and GP Season reset every month or Officers Rank cumulative and only GP Season resets ? 

Edited by DevilNest-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, Cyan said:

 

On April 24,  after the conclusion of the season, we’ll be doing a full reset of the ranks – every player on every server will have their GP reset back to zero. This will happen during maintenance following each new season moving forward. Ranks will work the same as they always have, albeit with lowered GP requirements to rank up.

With each GP reset, you’ll also receive Gold Ingots based on how much GP you have at the time of the reset.  How much you earn will be based on the following:

  • Every 500 GP (rounded up to the nearest 500) will grant 1 Gold Ingot. For example, if you end the season with 3,205 GP you will receive 7 Gold Ingots.

 

Sounds like it's a seasonal reset to 0 each time. :|

But we need Cyan to give final clarification on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Bad and annoying? Why. It makes you have to compete for ranks constantly, instead of relying in your old AP->GP conversion days or 5.8 GP earning days where you could get like 60k~100k GP per month or something, and be secure for the rest of eternity in a high rank feeling important because you did enough pve in the past.

rank.jpg

This is hilarious If if you really think that, wtf i ave beind doing all this six years ive been playing this game, it would only have taken me 8 months to reach the rank that I am now and not all this years

I'm sorry but everything you've said makes you sound like a whimsical person who wants to get something the easy way and can not. Next time make a new char when a new server is open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
catsu-KT   
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

I doubt you even know what cognitive dissonance is, in any case it has nothing to due with the topic at hand.

No one has to accept anything. You seem to have a hard time accepting that this isn't the only game around, and that as customer's we're free to spend our time and money wherever we please.

You also seem to have a difficult time grasping that not everyone with a high rank is a whale. I can assure you that they are not, and that many of them put in time and effort to get where they are. It's just that many people don't want to invest the time to get their ranks and WOULD rather spend the cash. Now they will likely have to spend cash to get rank. Enjoy your real P2W ranks now. You likely won't have a chance if you're not a whale.Prestige is not going to make much of difference, multiply that far higher most likely.

 

 

If it is such a huge change to make them quit then most likely they were one of the ppl afking, therefore nothing of value will be lost. If there's plenty of other options and whales quitting will result in this game closing(bruh) then again, what's the issue? go play smth else. They can put time and effort monthly now to prove how skilled at pressing skills they are, as Arhangelos said above, they can even be #1 now. 

Edited by catsu-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I really would LOL if after wipe we see that gp are gained via arenas and instances. All these people saying oh we gonna get a chance will be the ones coming back here and whine. Why do you think ncsoft had this idea of a reset. To help casual players? To gain more people? LMAO, never in rhe history of Aion they did something out of pure sympathy to players. It was always profit. So yeah those whales you talking about? They will be the ones taking the ranks. And oh please stop with the 'you only need to be active to get rank'. We know that ain't happening. It's gonna be wallet warriors from now on. And don't assume all ranked people p2w, I don't. Don't assume all ranked are afk and useless. I always do my part. But anyway its ok if changes must come. But to throw away our hard work for lame gold ingots? Now that's where it all turns shitty. So, let's see, in how many weeks till I see Q. Q. for instances being reser by luna and legit f2p players not having a chance to ranks at all. Gonna sit back now and memorize the name of these people praying for this gp reset. Hope I don't see you QQing in a few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, catsu-KT said:

If it is such a huge change to make them quit then most likely they were one of the ppl afking, therefore nothing of value will be lost. If there's plenty of other options and whales quitting will result in this game closing(bruh) then again, what's the issue? go play smth else. They can put time and effort monthly now to prove how skilled at pressing skills they are, as Arhangelos said above, they can even be #1 now. 

Your response doesn't even make any (legible) sense.Let me spell it out or you.

1-We already have a low population - people quitting is not a good thing.Who says that I want it to close? I never did. As an active player, that doesn't even make sense.

2- You're assuming (erroneously) that the people that quit are those that AFK. You have no way of knowing that.

3- The people that are ranked and are active have gone through multiple mergers and ranks and have put in work. Why shouldn't that be recognized? You have made no case as to why it shouldn't- you've only made assumptions that you have no proof, about every single ranked person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
catsu-KT   
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Your response doesn't even make any (legible) sense.Let me spell it out or you.

1-We already have a low population - people quitting is not a good thing.Who says that I want it to close? I never did. As an active player, that doesn't even make sense.

2- You're assuming (erroneously) that the people that quit are those that AFK. You have no way of knowing that.

3- The people that are ranked and are active have gone through multiple mergers and ranks and have put in work. Why shouldn't that be recognized? You have made no case as to why it shouldn't- you've only made assumptions that you have no proof, about every single ranked person.

You keep assuming we are literally talking about everyone and not the one that afk. People not joining is also not a good thing btw, but that doesn't seem to matter to you. You also seem to not be getting enough attention irl &try to play the forum warrior here, arguing whatever others say over the main point - that GP reset and flexible ranks are a good change for the future of this game. There's healthier ways to get attention w/o having to look dumb. Gl on 24, fren. 

Edited by catsu-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 2s346B13-DN said:

Well I really would LOL if after wipe we see that gp are gained via arenas and instances. All these people saying oh we gonna get a chance will be the ones coming back here and whine. Why do you think ncsoft had this idea of a reset. To help casual players? To gain more people? LMAO, never in rhe history of Aion they did something out of pure sympathy to players. It was always profit. So yeah those whales you talking about? They will be the ones taking the ranks. And oh please stop with the 'you only need to be active to get rank'. We know that ain't happening. It's gonna be wallet warriors from now on. And don't assume all ranked people p2w, I don't. Don't assume all ranked are afk and useless. I always do my part. But anyway its ok if changes must come. But to throw away our hard work for lame gold ingots? Now that's where it all turns shitty. So, let's see, in how many weeks till I see Q. Q. for instances being reser by luna and legit f2p players not having a chance to ranks at all. Gonna sit back now and memorize the name of these people praying for this gp reset. Hope I don't see you QQing in a few weeks. 

i bet 80% of the Pro Reset QQers will be out of top 100 lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, catsu-KT said:

You keep assuming we are literally talking about everyone and not the one that afk. People not joining is also not a good thing btw, but that doesn't seem to matter to you. You also seem to not be getting enough attention irl &try to play the forum warrior here, arguing whatever others say over the main point - that GP reset and flexible ranks are a good change for the future of this game. There's healthier ways to get attention w/o having to look dumb. Gl on 24, fren. 

In fact I am assuming none of the above. I was responding to what you wrote.

If you find that someone who disagrees with your opinion makes them dumb, or means that they are looking for attention, then perhaps you should share that opinion privately since discussing a topic is the point of a public forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I only need 2 things from @Cyanto confirm. And I'd be happy to sit back and just wait.

1. First and most importantly make sure gp is gained only by active participation in siege. Else there's gonna be armies of alt feeding once again. Assure us that arenas and other pvp instances won't allow for luna reset or whatever ways to reset it. 

2. Compensate your old players with better stuffs, make us feel valued in the least. Make ancient xforms available temporarily at the shop or anything better than the  scrub we getting. You listened to new players and doing a reset. Now listen to us and give due credit. Then it's a win win for you. Your company gets to listen to both sides.Again I repeat not all ranked players are p2w, it's even so hard for me to get legendary xform since I cannot purchase via bcm tons of xform scrolls. And not all of us are afk. So please. Give due credit to your players old and new

 

Oh btw your arena rankings? You gotta fix that. I'm sure everyone here sees how many are in top 1. It's because they're feeding each other. Especially harmony. Que with grp same time. Do nothing,you will end up having same points. GG rank 1 eazy peazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ncsoft, I hope that you do not go away later, GP is the most important thing, there are people with more than 3 years of farm and  have spent a lot but a lot of NCoin to be in the rank where they are now and you decide to reset without further ado, We all know what can be bought with gold ingot and if nothing is added in the merchant will create a great revolt among players. 

Every 10k,50k,100k gp  should be rewarded in a better way.

On 11/04/2019 at 2:11 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

I AM DREAMING. I have been asking for this for so long... FINALLY! The GP should reset every time there is a change in GP acquisition. You cannot carry GP from previous ways to new ways. no more locked rankings.

Aion starts getting back to competition!

Dude do you have any ideia how much ppl worked out to keep on the top of the list ? This is insane from ncsoft, are a lot of people will be DONE OF AION.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey @Cyan can we have Fighting Spirit Fragment as reward in the gold sand shop? its a really useful item for ppl that already have a good transformation and some enchantment stones and another suggestion, reduce the price of the daeva skill box its really expensive or at least change it for a choosable daeva skill box
MwUuCfP.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reel-DN   
Posted (edited)

Everyone is complaining but it's just the same as how EB was introduced and how tons bought scrolls just to maintain ranks. We are just lucky that gear is not locked behind ranks like it previously was. Anyone trying to act like they are owed are in the wrong here even if you spent money. You've had years and years on that ranking and NC wants more competition that you will have to pay to bypass.

You could argue that the monthly sub is p2w compared to a f2p players for gp but no one complains about that.

If gp is reset per month then expect to start paying per month for that rank you want.

NC has always shown that business comes first and players come second after all.

Edited by Reel-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   

Oh gee, rankings being reset? I remember being scolded for even suggesting this kind of thing back before 6.x launched, but here we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm down bois. I'm pretty sure NC will add some very nice things in the GST for the ones that have 800k+ GP. I hope they do something similar to EU, but I'm pretty sure they will add some nice things. Even NC wouldn't do that as it would be the nail in the coffin for this game. Just sit back and relax.

Too bad this came a week late for me. I gave up playing last week. Been logging in to buy the daevanion mats for craft only. They need to do more for me to come back. Like actually good rewards from events, better rates overall, more ways of acquire kinah, etc. This feeling of not progressing without spending tons of money feels idiotic (I only buy prestige mostly since I can't see skins, which would be the other sutff I'd be buying).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zombiex-DN said:

hey @Cyan can we have Fighting Spirit Fragment as reward in the gold sand shop? its a really useful item for ppl that already have a good transformation and some enchantment stones and another suggestion, reduce the price of the daeva skill box its really expensive or at least change it for a choosable daeva skill box
MwUuCfP.png

Best comment on this thread A++++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×