Jump to content
AriaTheMelodious-DN

@Cyan Genesis Crystal Limits

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

Why would anyone do pve once they have their gear if they can't acquire anything to progress? This will be awful for new/returning/under geared people as everyone with their gear already won't even bother. This is an awful idea and will only drive more people away from the game.

Exactly this. I still run my IDDs and PFs and SL easy modes because I sell those gear pieces for kinah. BUT ALSO because of the purple enchantment stones. Gonna suck to not get any purple stones from them anymore. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   

I've forwarded this feedback on up, but the update will be launching as I stated before. If there is a change I'll be sure to let you all know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   
2 hours ago, Lolnotagainlmao-EK said:

Since you guys already decided what's coming and what not, where are the patch notes?

They'll be up tonight. Same time as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taha-DN   

very discouraging, some ppl like me depend on turning all our crystals in every week for stones to convert into legendarys to try and finish enchanting our gears to upgrade them to ultimate to attempt to catch up , but if were now only gonna be limited to 5 box's a week what the hell is the  point of even trying to catch up anymore. with how some ppl are so geared out as it sits, putting more limits in place for any new players and the ones that are still trying to gear up just isnt right. if your trying to kill the game, good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, taha-DN said:

very discouraging, some ppl like me depend on turning all our crystals in every week for stones to convert into legendarys to try and finish enchanting our gears to upgrade them to ultimate to attempt to catch up , but if were now only gonna be limited to 5 box's a week what the hell is the  point of even trying to catch up anymore. with how some ppl are so geared out as it sits, putting more limits in place for any new players and the ones that are still trying to gear up just isnt right. if your trying to kill the game, good job.

Yup. I wonder if it's even worth it to try... It's been a month (maybe a month and a half) I started this game over. I'm currently sitting on full legendary gear +10. and it's painful AF to enchant to +15 with the little amount of stones we are getting weekly. farmed 25+ bags of AD yesterday and got only 2 legendary stones. upgraded ancient stones  for about 15-20 legendary stones this week, and not a single part to +13-14. Last week I got a part to +14 and decided to change my legendary stones to ultimate stones. guess what? I failed 8 times in a row +14 to +15. How the hell I'll catch up before a new patch with new gear drops? 

When I see KR where everyone is close or even fully geared with full manastones. it's depressing. 

let's not even talk about Daev' skills which are absurd to enchant when getting 1 to 2 books per week. 

 

I wonder why I even try to catch up at this point.

Edited by 5s19E536-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 5s19E536-DN said:

Yup. I wonder if it's even worth it to try... It's been a month (maybe a month and a half) I started this game over. I'm currently sitting on full legendary gear +10. and it's painful AF to enchant to +15 with the little amount of stones we are getting weekly. farmed 25+ bags of AD yesterday and got only 2 legendary stones. upgraded ancient stones  for about 15-20 legendary stones this week, and not a single part to +13-14. Last week I got a part to +14 and decided to change my legendary stones to ultimate stones. guess what? I failed 8 times in a row +14 to +15. How the hell I'll catch up before a new patch with new gear drops? 

When I see KR where everyone is close or even fully geared with full manastones. it's depressing. 

let's not even talk about Daev' skills which are absurd to enchant when getting 1 to 2 books per week. 

 

I wonder why I even try to catch up at this point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DbLrK1-ZjPE3MW_EYFvJv4wq7ZnGAMiJCSiBYSBxUrY/edit#gid=972646836

In 7.0, Battlefiend enchantment stone bags were 90% chance of 3x ancient PvP stones and 10% chance of 1x legendary PvP stone.

I have 179x unopened bags and waiting to see if the gacha rates of these bags are still the same as 7.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bosses and reward chests of the following instances no longer drop enchantment stones.

Bastion of Souls
Frozen Monolith Primeth’s Forge (Normal)
Infernal Drakenspire Depths Bastion of Souls
Stellin Laboratory (Easy)/(Normal)

 

16. Removed Legendary PvE Enchantment Stone as a possible reward from Primeth’s Forge (Hard).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyan @Gideon Bumping. Can you confirm or deny if there are talks internally about removing the weekly limit? I don't need a date if you don't have one, but please just let us know if it is being discussed. As best as anyone I have asked can tell, there is no replacement for this resource pool once removed (as opposed to regions like KR where $5 can buy you 100x purple enchantment stones), and this thread is full of people doing the math on the ridiculousness of it all. It is extremely universally unfriendly to all players and is actively deterring players I have known to be long-time paying customers from continuing their journey.

Enchantment stones from PVP instances give x3 per ancient bundle, which means on average you'll leave a pvp instance with 6x enchantment stones -- the LOWEST amount you can get from one of those genesis crystal boxes. Once you spend whatever reserves you had from the previous patch, you're done. There is no enchantment stone grind, there is no enchantment stone outlet. You. Are. Done.

Please, people of the community, do not stop talking about this until we get answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyan 

I hope the team at NCWest is very seriously talking over plans to remove the weekly enchantment stone limit. I have more genesis crystals, fighting spirit fragments, and bobonerk gems than I can ever possibly use with the current limits in place- and they will only continue to pile up, even if I'm only getting crystals from siege. There's not much point in doing weekly Lakrum camps or genesis quests anymore because I just buy my 5 boxes on Wednesday, fail the majority of my enchantment attempts with whatever stones I get, and that's my progress for the week. Wheeee... 

In Korea there are cheap (note: CHEAP) enchantment stones in the cash shop, and in EU they are open world drops. We don't have those resources in NA, so the 5 box cap is a huge hindrance to old and new players alike. There just aren't enchantment stones in the game anymore, and there's not even improved success rates to counterbalance the lack of stones. I want to have fun with all the great new content in 7.2 but my progress has come to an absolute standstill and it's kind of killing my desire to play.

(Thank god NA doesn't have guaranteed ultimate drops in pve instances like other regions, because we wouldn't be able to enchant that shit anyway :v )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how's your life guys with the none stop nerfs? 

  • Bad enchantment rates. 
  • Limited and untradable enchantment stones.
  • no EXP? and we are supposed to reroll that new Katalam box. (Experience marks cost 50% exp of the total bar) lol.
  • dungeons no longer drop enchantment stones and most of the geared people don't even run them anymore, this caused a long waiting to recruit people and make it harder for the newbies to gear up. 

 

I just wanna state something too, playing as a support class (Cleric, Chanter) is not fun anymore. Because, everyone knows that we need more than one gear set (Healing set, Attack set) and it will be impossible to get those now. even for other classes, it will take years to enchant and upgrade the gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

(Thank god NA doesn't have guaranteed ultimate drops in pve instances like other regions, because we wouldn't be able to enchant that shit anyway :v )

 

7 minutes ago, 1s31499E-KT said:

I just wanna state something too, playing as a support class (Cleric, Chanter) is not fun anymore. Because, everyone knows that we need more than one gear set (Healing set, Attack set) and it will be impossible to get those now. even for other classes, it will take years to enchant and upgrade the gear. 

 

Right?! I get 3 ultimate pve stones per week -- 2 from top 4 placement in Crucible Spire and 1 from IDD prestige quest. THREE. ULTIMATE. PVE STONES. I can't use Bobonerk gems to morph ultimate stones either because I have to save what few amount of gems I get (thank you, XP nerf) for pvp stones. I have two fully ultimate pve sets (dps and hb). 3 stones to enchant everything is impossible. Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

 

Right?! I get 3 ultimate pve stones per week -- 2 from top 4 placement in Crucible Spire and 1 from IDD prestige quest. THREE. ULTIMATE. PVE STONES.

The cherry on top is that those 3 are highly conditional. You get 1 for paying $30 a month, and you get 2 for being Top 4 on an underpopulated class's leaderboard. Imagine playing a popular class like cleric, vandal, gladiator, and (having the good sense to) not be prestige; no top 10 placement for you, no IDD ultimate stone. That means no gear progression, which means definitely  no enchantment stone reward.

It should be assumed that the average player gets zero ultimate PVE enchantment stones per week, barring any special circumstances. As compared to a few weeks ago, when you could craft as many as you were willing to grind (a.k.a invest time in the game) for.

Keep the thread alive, keep demanding change. This is unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

The cherry on top is that those 3 are highly conditional. 

You'll get no argument from me; I 100% agree with that statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capa-KT   
8 hours ago, 1s31499E-KT said:

how's your life guys with the none stop nerfs?

I just wanna state something too, playing as a support class (Cleric, Chanter) is not fun anymore. Because, everyone knows that we need more than one gear set (Healing set, Attack set) and it will be impossible to get those now. even for other classes, it will take years to enchant and upgrade the gear. 

ye I think I'm gonna have to disenchant my 2nd set cuz there is no way on this earth I'll ever enchant it to +15 before 8.0, without swiping so hard I'll regret it for years after the servers shut down uwu

Quote

dungeons no longer drop enchantment stones and most of the geared people don't even run them anymore, this caused a long waiting to recruit people and make it harder for the newbies to gear up. 

From 6.2 onward, once you had full pve gear the only point of doing any pve at all was the minium... now 95% of the content is a waste of time. Minium Vault, pvp instances, sieges and log off. Shame that they added so many ways for people to enjoy their gear and pvp and yet... there is no way for people to obtain that gear anymore if they haven't completed (or damn near completed it) before 7.3, leaving just 50~75% of the population behind in the dust. Without undergeared/gearing ppl to roll over (as they won't grind for scraps forever, they aren't as stupid as you think and will simply move on to a different game lmao), the geared pvpers will quit soon enough.

Edited by Capa-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This badly needs a bump and a sticky, without being able to buy more than 5 boxes per week it is literally not possible to enchant pve gear without shelling how potentially hundreds of dollars US per piece. If people who enjoy pve can't progress their gear why even play this game?

This is one of the BIGGEST problems with this patch. The game feels very unrewarding right now, especially if you don't already have significant gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another bump, pve gear progression is very slow and painful this patch. And pve gear is kind of the basis on getting pvp geared too or at least how long it takes. Many of the pvp instances have some pve component.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the limit is pretty ok.

In this patch you can go straight to ultimate via katalam gear, so you dont need as many enchants and fragments as the last patch. A new player would go straight to that. This limit affects the old players who are half way into their dark talon more than the new players that simply go straight to katalam gear. 

Not that the game has many new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

To me the limit is pretty ok.

In this patch you can go straight to ultimate via katalam gear, so you dont need as many enchants and fragments as the last patch. A new player would go straight to that. This limit affects the old players who are half way into their dark talon more than the new players that simply go straight to katalam gear. 

Not that the game has many new players.

You can still hoard pvp enchant stones if you luna reset pvp instances, sure thing not as ease as before that we could also take a lot of genesis pvp enchant boxes, but it is possible

He is talking about pve enchant stones which are nowhere to be found. PvE instances no longer drop them, the pve enchant box from genesis is 5 per week (on average 35 ancient pve enchant stones per week) and there is no other way to get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You can still hoard pvp enchant stones if you luna reset pvp instances, sure thing not as ease as before that we could also take a lot of genesis pvp enchant boxes, but it is possible

He is talking about pve enchant stones which are nowhere to be found. PvE instances no longer drop them, the pve enchant box from genesis is 5 per week (on average 35 ancient pve enchant stones per week) and there is no other way to get them.

I was not responding to that poster specificly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I was not responding to that poster specificly.

OK then, but also the Katalam ultimate gear is the 3rd best in game, so it is not like it can be an end game set for people who want to pvp. Gear difference is already a big issue in pvp.

Anyway, pvp stones are still obtainable. It is pve stones who are impossible to get.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have to say as a returning player that has been gone for about a year, that this has pretty much made me decide not to even bother. The MMO competition is just too strong now days to pull this kinda stuff. I feel like this is a ploy to motivate people to use the cash shop, I may be wrong, but we all know that in the US, greed is #1 with most companies now days.

I think I will wait for future patches to come out before investing any of my time, right now it just seems frivolous to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×