Siege TIME / Days

It's a little crazy having all 3 all at once, but honesty I don't mind the schedule. It's nice to not have to siege every single day. Just imagine! Having a few days a week to do whatever you want at 9pm server time without feeling the pressure of having to go to siege!!!

From Aion 7.2 Patch Notes: https://www.aiononline.com/news/return-to-katalam-patch-notes

4YWyKwf.png

Yeah, this is going to be a mess. We should use this thread to plan how we can all get some kind of GP credit from all three forts.

1. Start at Demaha for just the first two fencesWe can get them down (and get GP, I hope) before the bosses have spawned at the other two.
  2. Unless this patch is different, any faction that tries to finish Demaha is giving Divine to the other faction, because Demaha takes a long time to finish.
  3. Lakrum has one faction on defense. No point in standing around waiting for the other faction to take Divine before anything happens.
  4. So after the two gates are down in Demaha, go to Divine. (May the best buff win.)
  5. The Lakrum sieges (on DN server) are "done" in 10 minutes. Both sides just know who is going to win.
  6. So, after Divine, do a push on Lakrum for GP then get to Demaha.
  • I am not sure this is the best way. Please use this thread to help each other; do not vent. If anyone has other ideas, share them here.

If both factions are at Demaha, then a smaller group can try to take an undefended Lakrum forcing one side to to leave Demaha and defend Lakrum, so it looks like whichever side has Lakrum will always loose Demaha.

Option 2: As long as we get GP from all 3 forts, the side that wins a fort just does not matter any more. We win, they win, we win, they win again...

MayBlue

Does Sethos know it was me who would drain his manna at every siege? (TM server.) In those days, that 4k dp skill had a 1 hour CD.

3 hours ago, MayBlue-DN said:

*plan for GP at all three*

I think the point is that you aren't supposed to get GP at all three.

If PvP contribution goes down (and the amount of contribution needed to get GP goes up), all that is going to matter are gates/doors, GP mobs and the boss. Actually taking the forts is going to matter even less than it did before, even if you add in the boss spawn for taking all three forts at the same vuln. All the planning in the world isn't going to matter when a group decides they want all the GP at say Lakrum and takes down the doors and GP mobs at Lakrum while everyone else is on the doors at Demaha. By the time you get to Lakrum, the defenders will probably be back and you won't get near the boss unless the buff is high.

44 minutes ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

it is very ridiculous to think that GP awards have decreased according to PVP, a SIEGE, war between races, that the reward will be based on PVE. Every day game disappoints

The effect we got since day one in the new GP system was that pve gives far more GP than the actual siege. This is true because we have 200 players on each side while the developers thought it would be 2000 players on each side. That was even more prevalent on EK, the players were so few that everyone made hundreds of GP in a single siege.

This would have been a very long conversation again about GP, but they should have had more tiers for GP rewards based on the overall contribution. Like top players with prestige all get 300 GP, but they surely didn't all do the same job, so they should have it more fluid, like top contributor (pvpve) should get 1000GP upon winning a siege, second should get 990GP, thirds should get 980GP etc. If they made contribution reward disparities , people could focus on pvp more and still get enough GP to be on top ranks without having to chase guards.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

O efeito que tivemos desde o primeiro dia no novo sistema de GP foi que o pve dá muito mais GP do que o cerco real. Isso é verdade porque temos 200 jogadores de cada lado, enquanto os desenvolvedores pensaram que seriam 2000 jogadores de cada lado. Isso foi ainda mais prevalente no EK, os jogadores eram tão poucos que todo mundo fez centenas de GP em um único cerco.

Esta teria sido uma conversa muito longa novamente sobre o GP, mas eles deveriam ter mais níveis de recompensa do GP, com base na contribuição geral. Como os melhores jogadores de prestígio recebem 300 GP, mas certamente não fizeram o mesmo trabalho, por isso devem ter mais fluidez, como o melhor colaborador (pvpve) deve ganhar 1000GP ao vencer um cerco, o segundo deve ganhar 990GP, terços deveriam obter 980GP etc. Se eles fizessem disparidades de recompensa de contribuição, as pessoas poderiam se concentrar mais em pvp e ainda assim obter GP suficiente para estar no topo, sem ter que perseguir guardas.

it would have to be for the best of each class, through pvp damage for example.

Just now, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

it would have to be for the best of each class, through pvp damage for example.

Something like Lineage II hero system, best from every class got a glow and hero skills. But this is a top 100 list, so it wouldn't be possible to make it class based.

Unless they made some special 12 slots for the best of every class based on contribution or something.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I think the point is that you aren't supposed to get GP at all three.

If PvP contribution goes down (and the amount of contribution needed to get GP goes up), all that is going to matter are gates/doors, GP mobs and the boss. Actually taking the forts is going to matter even less than it did before, even if you add in the boss spawn for taking all three forts at the same vuln. All the planning in the world isn't going to matter when a group decides they want all the GP at say Lakrum and takes down the doors and GP mobs at Lakrum while everyone else is on the doors at Demaha. By the time you get to Lakrum, the defenders will probably be back and you won't get near the boss unless the buff is high.

Other regions have this update. Lakrum and Demaha go vulnerable on the hour and Divine goes Vuln at the half hour. It’s pretty easy to get contribution at all 3, and the fort bosses all spawn at different times.

heres a video that explains in EU, I’m sure it’ll be similar.

The deadness of DN is severely overstated, and is nowhere near EK levels. Regarding the siege, I personally had a lot of fun and I know the people I was with did too; it was a new take on old experiences and a messy fun start to what I am sure will become a refined routine system.

I also love that the Lakrum and Divine duxes don't melt in 1min anymore -- adds some more dynamic in my opinion. I personally haven't heard anyone having a bad time at siege excluding the people who were grumpy about it BEFORE it even happened, but you know how that is

8 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

The deadness of DN is severely overstated, and is nowhere near EK levels. Regarding the siege, I personally had a lot of fun and I know the people I was with did too; it was a new take on old experiences and a messy fun start to what I am sure will become a refined routine system.

I also love that the Lakrum and Divine duxes don't melt in 1min anymore -- adds some more dynamic in my opinion. I personally haven't heard anyone having a bad time at siege excluding the people who were grumpy about it BEFORE it even happened, but you know how that is

it's fun for the elyos, they always have a buff. 

On 1/29/2020 at 7:28 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

None of y'all getting healed then.

I always went solo in sieges, but pvp contribution and dps contribution is shared with the group so healers and support classes are good as long as you can find someone to make you his pocket healer.

I was extremely apprehensive about the new siege system when I read the patch notes, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! It was hectic but I am sure we will all figure out new habits and strategies after a few more sieges. The changes to the deities' health and skills help make things more dynamic too- no more 10 minute Divine, and Demaha mobs+dux weren't so stupidly tanky. (Both the altar and fortess sieges are going to require fast mobilization with the changes made, so I am hoping more players learn to navigate, port, and regroup fast- but we'll see how that goes.) I think Aion players just hate changes sometimes, even good ones or stuff they asked for :P

11 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

New siege system is not good imo. For ranks it's pure pve farm mobs > help the faction.  Not that I'm one to tell people how to play but siege should be about beating the other faction, not how fast you can down balaurs.

I agree with the general sentiment that the GP system rewards PVE rogues over a collective fighting effort, but I don't think this is exactly new; it's as old as wasting an xform to kill Lakrum GP mobs and trying to get the most DPS on the deity for bonus GP credit instead of wiping the incoming enemies :/ that being said, still better than the GP system we had at 6.2's launch

6 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I agree with the general sentiment that the GP system rewards PVE rogues over a collective fighting effort, but I don't think this is exactly new; it's as old as wasting an xform to kill Lakrum GP mobs and trying to get the most DPS on the deity for bonus GP credit instead of wiping the incoming enemies :/ that being said, still better than the GP system we had at 6.2's launch

Yeah but rewarding pve rogues is on a whole new level this patch, it has made ap gain from pvp'ing during siege completely irrelevant. At least before the GP mobs were only the first 1-2 min and the rest of the time was actual pvp for Lakrum, and demaha was some level of pvp as well.

Archived