So Vandals got nerfed?

Arhangelos

I kept hearing people say that Vandals suck, whoever plays a Vandal and thinks the class sucks uninstall.

Vandals are running around 2-shot killing everyone, they still have the ton of survivability and they are lethal.

before resisting 2 of my bigger skills with his shield (a shield I personally do not have) my storm strike did to him 16k dmg and I have like 19,5k m.attack. I should have stopped hitting once he did the shield, true, I should just stay and die because it is the same thing.
He send me a decade later all the way to 2030 with his 2nd hit! Two shots, that is all it takes. And I am T2+15.

Vandals are still the retarded class. And I assume they will be for the whole 7.x patch.

VredefD.jpg

They are still very strong, people just weren't playing them correctly (well they didn't really have a need to) because they were relying on double blink> invulnerable for 3s>flash strike stun>laser.. and if they remove shock>aetherhold>aetherhold-laser.

I've been telling people for a while that the lasers and double blink were going to get fixed (this isn't a true nerf because they intentionally made painter skills OP to draw people to the class and to invest in it).  If you look at the skill changes that SecretCowLeve has been posting, you'll see that they had tons of hidden bonus stats removed on a very high number of skills. +Crit Probability 200% was on a ton of their skills and was removed, as well as +130% PVP attack on chromatic wraith.  If you actually looked at what was changed you would completely understand that the class was designed to be completely OP from the outset and that there was no way in hell it could stay like that.

Right now they are still super powerful and sadly only a few will have the strength of will to stick with the class to learn and figure it out because the true nerf to the class actually comes in 7.5.  THAT is when they get balanced and nerfed to be much more in line with other classes.

I DO however, feel bad for any Vandal that +15 Chromatic Wraith... they should be compensated for the daevian skill books and daevian essences they consumed during that process.

Pdef set is really the only answer to vandals imho. I have 15.7k-17k pdef in my pvp set, depending on the buffs I have up at various times. I do ok against vandals because of that. Unfortunately, that's not a viable *first* set for dps classes, so not a great answer for many of you. :( Vandals are still op, just not QUITE as op as before.

5 minutes ago, Zombiex-DN said:

vandal still strong, they only got a nerf on lasers no more

FingerPaint (double blink skill) - Cooldown changed to 20sec from 7s.  This was a significant change but necessary because no other class (outside of the broken instant cleric dispel spam) gets a movement speed cleanse every 7s. 20s reuse is still good and they can now do 3 blinks in a row so it was a good change and compensation. They also have a self cleanse that wasn't being used much that dispells them every 3sec they can use.

Painful Paint - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Chromatic Wraith/Painful Paint - 130% PVP Attack modifier removed, 0.35s a tic lasers changed to 1.0s a tic along with the the classification of it being a drain type of skill was removed (I believe this was allowing the lasers to tick through shields).  Also, as compensation, the lasers are now irresistible.

Living Statue - Target now gets +3500 to PDef and MDef instead of +2k to both, which means you take even less overall damage while they using this skill on you.

Powerful Shot - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Brushstroke Lightning - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Hue Blast - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Painted Fist - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Blow - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed. Cooldown lowered from 30s to 10s.

Color Correction - Got a major buff (gained 200% PVP Attack buff and +20K dmg on petrified target) but had it's 200% Crit Prob Modifier lowered to 10%

Rainbow Shower (3s invulnerability) - Resist rate lowered from 9999 physical and magic resists to 5 resists. No more untouchable if getting hit with 5 or more skills at once. 

Sticky Paint - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Paint Splatter - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Color Monster - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Chroma Blessing - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Chroma Burst - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Chroma Shot - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed.

They had a lot of stuff adjusted beyond just the lasers.  10 of their skills had a bonus to critical probability stat on top of their normal crit stat from gear and manastones.  It just means they need to socket more crit like every other class instead of getting more chances for less in the stat. I don't remember seeing any classes with much Crit Prob Modifier, and for sure not on this many skills.

So they didn't get "nerfed" they simply went from 10x godmode to 3x godmode. This is not even regarded a fix by any means, because removing godmode from every skill doesn't fix them, they are still op.

2 hours ago, Malachyte-KT said:

Right now they are still super powerful and sadly only a few will have the strength of will to stick with the class to learn and figure it out because the true nerf to the class actually comes in 7.5.  THAT is when they get balanced and nerfed to be much more in line with other classes.

I DO however, feel bad for any Vandal that +15 Chromatic Wraith... they should be compensated for the daevian skill books and daevian essences they consumed during that process.

What changes are done to them in 7.5? And why should we feel sorry for those who did the daevanion skills for chromatic wrath?

38 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So they didn't get "nerfed" they simply went from 10x godmode to 3x godmode. This is not even regarded a fix by any means, because removing godmode from every skill doesn't fix them, they are still op.

What changes are done to them in 7.5? And why should we feel sorry for those who did the daevanion skills for chromatic wrath?

Yeah they are still extremely powerful, but most are abandoning the class over 1 skill getting fixed (the laser). They have to invest in their other skills for a change in order to still be super strong.

Well, after rechecking the KR skill change balancing site, they had some regular skills get slight dmg improvement while having their big hitters like Painted Fist and Paint Monster dmg nerfed as well as reduced damage on daevians (but this may be for other classes too, tbh). Their invulnerability skill went from resisting 5 physical or Magical down to 3 physical or magic attacks-  I need to go look somewhere else again because I thought they got hit harder than this and the invulnerability skill was nerfed further to only 3 physical attacks OR 1 magic attack.  But you can check the changes here and use a web page translator:

https://aion.plaync.com/board/balancelab/view?articleId=401

I always feel bad when people invest time and money in a +15 a skill that most had no way of knowing it would be changed and there was a chance that NA wouldn't have made the change on the lasers. 

2 hours ago, Malachyte-KT said:

https://aion.plaync.com/board/balancelab/view?articleId=401

I always feel bad when people invest time and money in a +15 a skill that most had no way of knowing it would be changed and there was a chance that NA wouldn't have made the change on the lasers. 

Well that site is in korean so I can't understand anything. As for the nerf in a skill, others had 7.2 while we were still at 7.0 so they should have known better. We are kinda lucky we are behind everyone because we get to know the changes. This is how we all got prepared for 6.2

47 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Like they don't even need the lasers, every vandal skill is OP

just compare some skills that have the same cooldown   

Shackle Arrow Burst :  1730 Physical damage,  CD 30 seconds

Painted Fist : 6310 Physical damage,  CD 30 seconds

LMAO 3.6X more dmg in same cooldown, 

If people stop playing vandals because they got slightly nerfed then what class are they going to play to be able to win?

AoE dmg
Volcanic Wrath (sorc aoe): 3475 base dmg delayed blast with the aetherhold effect for 2 second, 30 second cool down
Chroma Bomb (vandal aoe): 2340 base dmg x7 times in 1 second intervals = 16380 base dmg, 25 second cool down

sure thing the sorc one is a direct skill and a debuff while the other is a ground dot, but their aoe does hell of a damage.

~~

Shields
Stone Skin (sorc useless shield buff): lasts 5 minutes, 2m cool down, protects for 4.104 dmg, while shield is on +500 pvp def, so you can hit me without a skill and you break it, you can remove your weapon and hit me with your hands, it will break.

Resurection Chroma (base skill): lasts 10m has 10m cool down, heals you for 20.000HP when you are about to die, +338 p.def
Transcedent Chroma (1st daevanion simple): last 10m, cd 10m, heals for 35.000 HP before you die, +338 p.def
Advanced Transcedent Chroma : last 10m, cd 10m, heals for 40.000 HP before you die, +338 p.def
Chromatic resistance (2nd daevanion simple):lasts 10m, cs 10m, heals 20.000 HP, when ti activates, it also does rainbow shower effect (evade 5 physical or magical attacks for 3 seconds... he can kill you in less than 3 seconds meanwhile)
Advanced Chromatic resistance : lasts 10m, cs 10m, heals 25.000 HP, when it activates, it also does rainbow shower effect

and see, it doesn't even get consumed first thing when you get hit, it keeps being on and is only consumed WHEN needed, if you can kill your opponent without your HP falling low, your shield is still there for the next enemy. These are also daevanions so they are enchantable and upgradable at +15!

~~

Ulti shields:
Boon of iron clad (Sorc "ulti" shield): resists 50.000 physical dmg for 5 seconds (sins, glads and vandals can break it in 1 second, useless against magic classes SW,Cleric,Gunner,Sorcs,SM,AT) cool down 5 minutes.
Chroma Shield (stigma): reduce 60% dmg taken for 10 second, block+1000, cooldown 1 minute 30 seconds!
Rainbow Shower (stigma): Evade 5 physical or magic attack over 3 seconds, cool down 30 seconds (practically spammable in every fight)

The Vandal ones are stigmas so they are enchantable, while the sorc is not.

This is why, you guy better choose class that you know you will have fun. People should play their classes to have fun not to win. I have been playing gladi for 8 years and it wasnt ez class to win (SM, Gunner, sorc, sw, AT, these classes shouldnt be lossing to gladi if you are average skilled player), some point people called gladi as AP vanding machine but i do have fun with it so i stick with it. 

Nerf/buff? Who give a shit as long as you have fun with it.

STOP CRYING ABOUT VANDAL NERF, SINCE IN THE BEGINNING WE ALL KNEW THAT IS TOO OP. Vandal is still strong class change stigmas learn from korean server vandal players, see how they changed their skill trees. Even in 7.5 vandal is one of op class! 

Damn kids lazy to learn and practice they just looking for ez win.

Look chiki he try hard to improve himself not giving up!!

I have half legendary half accient geared vandal, i killed few full red geared on field pvp, i was laughing, it was beyond op it was stupid.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:48 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

I kept hearing people say that Vandals suck, whoever plays a Vandal and thinks the class sucks uninstall.

VredefD.jpg

They are right tho. Common Vandals suck.  In order to use your Color Monster vision stigma and keep your 30% stigma, you need +12 or higher set of stigmas. A common vandal with not even +9 set of stigmas, running Color Monster, is very limited in what it can do and defences.

That is a 3 stage charging skill, one minute cd and easy to avoid it or get it interrupted. An equally geared sorcerer or sw can do the same damage. When 7.2 was in Korea and you could watch streams from there, gunner was easily in top damage in pvp.  Vandal is still strong but in order to keep it strong you need to be p2w because the strongest skills are in stigmas and daevanion skills upgrades, which totally sucks for non p2w players.

But in the end all classes can be stupud when are p2w

On 2/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

So, you are whining because he got a crit on you on a charge skill ? What ?

Whining? The post is about those who whine that Vandals are not powerful enough. What else do they need, a 1-button instant kill? While he was charging that skill he also had this shield on as you clearly see, nothing could have stopped it from happening. My p.def shield was on cd as well.

Just now, Arhangelos-KT said:

Whining? The post is about those who whine that Vandals are not powerful enough. What else do they need, a 1-button instant kill? While he was charging that skill he also had this shield on as you clearly see, nothing could have stopped it from happening. My p.def shield was on cd as well.

Well, you are the one specificly saying that Vandals is a retard class, and are running around 2 shoting everyone. Which is not true.

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, you are the one specificly saying that Vandals is a retard class, and are running around 2 shoting everyone. Which is not true.

Because this is exactly what they still are, they used to be 10x retarded, they are now 5x retarded.

And you are right, 2-shooting people is when the enemy is geared, I am full T2+15 with p.def retunes when possible. Imagine if someone was just a not so geared enemy, that last skill could possibly 1-shot someone, let me rephrase, they are running around 1-shot killing people.

And you are right, 2-shooting people is when the enemy is geared, I am full T2+15 with p.def retunes when possible. Imagine if someone was just a not so geared enemy, that last skill could possibly 1-shot someone, let me rephrase, they are running around 1-shot killing people.

Thats pretty much every class. My glad is not even remotely geared and i still find people that I can 3 shot in the map. And lots of people can 3 shoot me as well. With my gunner sometimes I hit people for like 50-60k. Certainly you are not different. I dont know for sure because my sorc is probably the least geared toon I have. But Bardes, gunners, sins, can pretty much kill anyone regardless of gear in like 3 seconds.

STOP CRYING ABOUT VANDAL NERF, SINCE IN THE BEGINNING WE ALL KNEW THAT IS TOO OP. Vandal is still strong class change stigmas learn from korean server vandal players, see how they changed their skill trees. Even in 7.5 vandal is one of op class! 

From what I see in Korea, while painter still strong, many players who were playing the class are not even playing it anymore or are playing as a secondary class now.

My Vandals are still pretty strong. I think only the lasers got a lil nerf as a few of you have pointed out so no biggie. It's the Sorc I'm still worried about. While I think they've helped them out some it isn't enough. I took my sorc out the other day and she still had a hard time with PVP and she is very well geared as she is my main, Aieryn

Archived