Farming EXP Mark

Devil-KT

Okay so I can't be the only one who thinks this but isn't it extremely hard to gain experience and farm exp marks? 

The previous patch we gained a lot more  exp from quests and we also got double exp events often and tons of events that gave tons of Berdin stars. This patch has been around for over two months and we haven't had a solid event yet.  Its cool and all that we have renown boosts but why get higher renown when you can't afford the the rewards of higher renown?

Every week we can buy 8 legendary apostle transformation shards with renown rewards. If you buy 4 that costs 60 EXPIERENCE MARKS... if you buy all 8 thats 120 marks per week!!! I talk to people who play all day and they make about 10 to 20 marks a week. 

I was farming in udas and they removed the mobs so I can't sit and farm all day. So then I started to farm SAS and I reset every day on my main about 8 times until it cost 100 luna per run to farm exp marks that way. Now that SAS is gone too there is nothing else I can farm to make a decent amount of experience. 

I understand the gms don't get the mechanics of the game and whats going on but really when its this hard to progress in this game it makes me less likely to play.

I have so much to say to NCSoft, but lets be constructive. Yes, right now its VERY (!!!) hard to gain Experience mark. World mobs doesn't give that much exp like they should ( since Gelk/Inngi becomes lvl 80 areas), most of quests ( or even all of them :|) dont give EXP at all, only renown. Or if it gives exp - its to low , like form Esoterrace it give 0.5% :S. Plus you have removed AS (Abbysal Splinter) which gives us more less good drop of EXP (40% on S rank). So now we have only Udas , only that instance gives good drop of EXP. But guys : 3 runs per week + you already removed those fire elements at the end which was main sours of exp on the server. So lets calculate: with all those changes which you made right now we can gain only 3 Experience marks per day. THREE Carl !!! I mean that shugo quest to kill 30mobs (1), Lugbug daily quest reward(2) and daily Luna instance (3) and thats all.

Now lets talk about current event(not that P2W !!! B|) which allows us to gain Gemstones much faster then it is. Really thank you for that event + you also greatly boosting getting renown for each location ( i mean we all can choose when we have to use fruits)... But !!! One of NPC in Gelk/Inngi give 3 weekly quests. Each quests says that we have to buy special item at Lakrum, Katalam and Demaha and as a reward we can get receive one of 4 reward items : or it will gemstone shards ( normal or shiny) or box with gemstone for your class ( normal or shiny ). But these item can be purchase for Experience marks. To finish all 3 quests ( lvl 3/5/7 renown respectively) we will be need 27 Experience marks. Ok, so daily we can get 3 marks(Luna+Quests)  + some extra 4~5 from Udas , so its like 25~26 Exp marks per week. Its only for current quests. But what about Lebu's protection which we also have to buy to finish weekly Lugbug quest(2 EXP marks), what about Extraction Solvent which need to get Refining stones that we can enchant Gemstones/Runestones (10 EXP mark per each). Or even for the new or returned players who need to buy kinah for Expirience marks ( or you allow ppl to buy kinah for $$$ o.O ?! ).... not even mention what sir @Devil-KT said about transformation fragments *120 marks per week.... Someone love me that much *

Dear @Loki @Kibbelz and @Hime contact please with Dev. team and resolve that issue with exp marks. Add some EXP buff event ( at least on weekends) , add more quest with Experience Marks as a reward for them, increase an experience drop from mobs in some location like in Lakrum/Katalam/Demaha or in instances, add more entries for Udas to non-Prestige players.  And provide to us[players] some information about Abbysal Splinter : when it will be opens again.

Stay safe

This event has really timing since you removed a good source to get exp. 27 exp marks isnt alot for event, some would think but players use their marks for other stuff that they need to get in the week. So you mind the grind more tiresome.

Suggestions:

1. For every week that SAS is not fixed, give us our  experience crystal thing send by  survey or mail.Daily  you can get 8 for free entry , so weekly amount is  8x7 = 56 (Atleast for our main toon).
  2. Give us  a server wide exp buff as long this event lasts or at least on the weekends.

1 hour ago, Hallo-DN said:

This event has really timing since you removed a good source to get exp. 27 exp marks isnt alot for event, some would think but players use their marks for other stuff that they need to get in the week. So you mind the grind more tiresome.

Suggestions:

1. For every week that SAS is not fixed, give us our  experience crystal thing send by  survey or mail.Daily  you can get 8 for free entry , so weekly amount is  8x7 = 56 (Atleast for our main toon).
  2. Give us  a server wide exp buff as long this event lasts or at least on the weekends.

YES! We need compensation for AS being gone or at least exp buff!

XP event would be nice

I think a better solution would be to add 20% XP per weekly/daily in Lakrum/Katalam/Demaha though.  Regular XP.  These quests no longer give any XP as they only give Fexp now.

The only source of XP is grinding, and the few instances. 

14 minutes ago, awkward-DN said:

XP event would be nice

I think a better solution would be to add 20% XP per weekly/daily in Lakrum/Katalam/Demaha though.  Regular XP.  These quests no longer give any XP as they only give Fexp now.

The only source of XP is grinding, and the few instances. 

Honestly anything that would show us that NCsoft hears us and wants to compensate us for bugs and mistakes on their end.

Compensation is an overused request, sitting there with grabby hands out 24-7 would honestly make anyone turn away from you.

We need some system in the game that actually rewards effort that PLAYERS (not bots and scripted alts) put in.  "Compensation" is not that.  There will always be bugs in any game. 

6 minutes ago, awkward-DN said:

SAS was one XP mark every 2days, for next to no effort; it was nice but not anything close helpful for players who actually want something out of their time.

not really SAS = 8 exp crystal thats 17.9kk exp * 8 = 143kk exp
for 1exp mark u need = 175kk exp 
ZzZz
Also u can reset three times SAS for 40 lunas each 

6 minutes ago, awkward-DN said:

SAS was one XP mark every 2days, for next to no effort; it was nice but not anything close helpful for players who actually want something out of their time.

Thats why I said I reset it 8 times a day. I know it costs luna but at least it was really fast exp and I was farming two things at once. EXP and legendary transform.

16 minutes ago, Devil-KT said:

Thats why I said I reset it 8 times a day. I know it costs luna but at least it was really fast exp and I was farming two things at once. EXP and legendary transform.

if thats how you're farming leg xform then you're taking the slow route

25 minutes ago, Zombiex-DN said:

not really SAS = 8 exp crystal thats 17.9kk exp * 8 = 143kk exp
for 1exp mark u need = 175kk exp 
ZzZz
Also u can reset three times SAS for 40 lunas each 

Minium vault gives pretty good XP for the same lunas, also gives you minium.   Still neither one is worth the luna since you can just grind that xp in 10 minutes if you don't have garbage dps.

3 hours ago, awkward-DN said:

if thats how you're farming leg xform then you're taking the slow route

I mean every way is slow way to farm legendary transforms. I do this and the weekly lugbug... what other way is there to do besides wait for an event?

I say remove one "0" (zero) from the Xp we need for one Experience Mark, like seriously, even 17,5m XP per Experience Extractor would have been hard to make.

In Korea they already understood that making XP important and then nerfing the Xp acquisition was bad and they bring back some XP in mobs in the next patch already.

Another way is to add one zero tot he XP mobs give at least in instances so bots cannot take advantage of this (not that I have seen any bots killings mobs lately)

I would do at least 4 Abyssals per day to get the Xp I need and now that is also gone.

• Aion Team

Hi everyone, I'll need to get back to you on this post as I need more context around the issue. Might be a little time until I can reply w/ anything of substance - so here's a heads up this thread might get necro'd by me later :D

Bullet notes of the thread for "context"- 

OP wants a better way to get XP

SAS was a good source of XP but has been removed

Quests don't give any actual XP, only renown 

It takes 1,500 XP Marks to get enough Transformation Shards from renown merchants to get one transformation.  Max of 7 shard bundles each week, meaning 105 XP marks.  Each XP mark consumes 175m XP.   Meaning this would take 18,375,000,000 XP each week, or 41,000 regular mob kills at 450k XP / kill.  Per week.

Proposed changes from players include; 

Fix SAS so we can use it to farm XP,

Bring back XP events on weekends (personally I would also like drop rate buffs on weekends too :))

Lower the XP requirement of XP Marks from 175k to 17.5k  (This would actually still require 4,100 regular mob kills in a week excluding other sources, but honestly seems attainable for the dedicated)

@Kibbelz

**Edit; as a side note.. 1,500 XP marks actually takes, at 45.7% XP a mark, 685.5 full XP bars of a level 80 character, with zero quests that give regular XP once you hit 80.  Think about leveling 80-81 that many times. 

On 22/7/2020 at 2:41 AM, Rag-DN said:

Between trying to farm XP marks and Bobonerk's Gems it's beyond frustrating to farm xp this patch. You're basically stuck waiting on resets every week.

This too, we cannot have both anymore. It is just that XP farming is non existent. We could have a passive of +200% XP and it will still be impossible to reach any goals.

Ariel/Azphel transformation contract:

• XP Mark extraction cost: 175,000,000 XP
  • Cost per transformation shard: 15
  • Shards needed to combine: 100

Total XP required to create 4* contract: 175M * 15 * 100 =  262,500,000,000 XP

Compared to 5.x:

• Lvl 73 to 74: 94,992,815,400 XP
  • Level 74 to 75: 162,596,142,000 XP

Total XP required for level 73 to 75 in 5.x: 257,588,957,400 XP

Total XP required to create 4* contract > Total XP required for level 73 to 75 in 5.x !!

Many renown level sales are extremely overpriced

11 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

And each mark cost 500k. 500k x 1500 is 750m.

I wouldn't even dare to say anything about the kinah cost at this point. Like if it was possible to buy a legendary transform from an NPC with 750m I would regard it "cheap enough" or maybe "reasonable", but imagine having to spend that money and then have to get 262,5 billion XP in a game that nothing gives XP anymore.

Archived