Jump to content
Kibbelz

Harvest Festival Merchant Issue

Recommended Posts

Anybody else remember when we had the issue with the Tiamaranta´s Eye in the past?

On that moment the enchanment and other items were really expensive, so they added that event to get them. The loot on the mobs wasn´t in the way they wanted and the prices resulted so cheap (cause we were able to loot in alliance mode), so Hime came with a brilliand idea and made the prices a lot more expensive. With the new prices wasn´t profitable anymore, and the community complained a lot. They lost so many prestige suscriptions on those days. Just like now, they found the price situation really fast and removedthe npc in few minutes. But they needed a lot of days to "fix it" and add it back. 

Also we had an aditional miniboss to kill, but same with the white faces now, the loot was complicated and after some days you have the elite players farming that one alone and the rest of the players complaining about that. Just like now... With that, some players obtained one of the best weapons ingame on that moment (Sunayaka´s Extendables). 

I remember that even on that moment, some people decided to pay to get more of the items. Some people invested a lot of money. 

But, even after that issue, they never tried to be nice with the community. But they are not smart, so not so long aftet that, they added a couple of events, including a team race, and we get a LOT of those enchanments stones. But really a lot. Even more than the amount obtainable with the previous event before the alteration. And really. wasn´t so much time between them. Finally we got Sunayaka´s extendables in another event in a large amount. We had maybe 5 or 6 for each toon. The price for them was incredible cheap and every toon had it. 

And, after some time they came and changed all the game and all that became useless....

Oh. just memories..... Somebody else remember Tiamaranta´s Eye event? :P 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drugged-KT said:

well, me as sin i farmed like 90 in 1 hour, cuz it was siege time :P

I tried to farm them up during siege, but all the strong sms sorcs and vandals were taking them. It wasnt until I grouped up with people that I got any rewards. It seems any fast attack speed player does really well, as long as they have enough dps to 1 shot the mob with 1 skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Anybody else remember when we had the issue with the Tiamaranta´s Eye in the past?

On that moment the enchanment and other items were really expensive, so they added that event to get them. The loot on the mobs wasn´t in the way they wanted and the prices resulted so cheap (cause we were able to loot in alliance mode), so Hime came with a brilliand idea and made the prices a lot more expensive. With the new prices wasn´t profitable anymore, and the community complained a lot. They lost so many prestige suscriptions on those days. Just like now, they found the price situation really fast and removedthe npc in few minutes. But they needed a lot of days to "fix it" and add it back. 

Also we had an aditional miniboss to kill, but same with the white faces now, the loot was complicated and after some days you have the elite players farming that one alone and the rest of the players complaining about that. Just like now... With that, some players obtained one of the best weapons ingame on that moment (Sunayaka´s Extendables). 

I remember that even on that moment, some people decided to pay to get more of the items. Some people invested a lot of money. 

But, even after that issue, they never tried to be nice with the community. But they are not smart, so not so long aftet that, they added a couple of events, including a team race, and we get a LOT of those enchanments stones. But really a lot. Even more than the amount obtainable with the previous event before the alteration. And really. wasn´t so much time between them. Finally we got Sunayaka´s extendables in another event in a large amount. We had maybe 5 or 6 for each toon. The price for them was incredible cheap and every toon had it. 

And, after some time they came and changed all the game and all that became useless....

Oh. just memories..... Somebody else remember Tiamaranta´s Eye event? :P 

 

Who could forget tia's eye?! My oh my, that went from of the best events in aion history, to one of the worst. And, there was no compensation for the raised prices. It just got boring and no one farmed it. The only point to be in the map was for some pvp that no one had experienced for years, and for Sunyaka. For anyone who didnt play duing that time, below are the price changes: 

image0.png?width=878&height=610

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found it's best to play the game a couple days into any event before making any judgments. That's taken care of now so here we go:

I think it'd be good to give everyone who missed out on pre-reset the free Hanbok transformation. Why? Because this event has a bottleneck with the Pine Needles- all the problems with Pine Needles have been detailed in other posts and threads so I'm not getting into that. My takeaway from those posts and my own experience is that it's not feasible to just grind Honey Songpyeon to purchase all the event goodies you want. I got my free Hanbok transformation and that means I'm free to try and get the cosmetics I'm interested in like the Gourmet Star Outfit and new emote; the people who missed out don't have that luxury, as far as I can tell. It's gonna be a fairly minor struggle to get the base 50 for the contract, that's not... terrible, all things considered. But after that? Uhhh, good luck cooking enough for the quest or consumables or skins. I've gotten 8 Burnt Songpyeons so far and no I don't want to talk about it ¬¬

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully the pine needles one needs is also limited by rice, rice is the only material that will make you unable to use as many songpyeons as you want.

So we got a bunch of rice in the start and there were people that were greedy to farm like 2 hours in one spot not letting anyone else farm at all. I do not blame them, but they won't need all that pine.

Still the only god thing is that Aion is dead and not many people will try to farm those.

Keep the 2 hour window frame if you want, or keep it solo loot, but please make the mobs spawn in more locations than just 3~4 or however many they are. The whole map should have them spawning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Thankfully the pine needles one needs is also limited by rice, rice is the only material that will make you unable to use as many songpyeons as you want.

So we got a bunch of rice in the start and there were people that were greedy to farm like 2 hours in one spot not letting anyone else farm at all. I do not blame them, but they won't need all that pine.

Still the only god thing is that Aion is dead and not many people will try to farm those.

Keep the 2 hour window frame if you want, or keep it solo loot, but please make the mobs spawn in more locations than just 3~4 or however many they are. The whole map should have them spawning.

 

I feel the issue is bigger then this. Right now I’ve got over 30 rice sitting in my inventory and I’ve combined 16 things this week. You can get 30 rice from doing all the weekly quests (i think?) and then from any instance you get one rice and you get some rice from doing lugbug. So there’s no shortage of rice. But the pine needles are the issue. No matter what, we won’t ever have enough of them. And the very end game players, the ones with full Tiamat or erreshikgal contracts, and all advanced stigmas and all this stuff are the ones who 1 shot these things and it makes it even more difficult for other players to get them. It needs to be group/alliance lootable, and fair to all players. Not just the ones that are the top like geared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I feel the issue is bigger then this. Right now I’ve got over 30 rice sitting in my inventory and I’ve combined 16 things this week. You can get 30 rice from doing all the weekly quests (i think?) and then from any instance you get one rice and you get some rice from doing lugbug. So there’s no shortage of rice. But the pine needles are the issue. No matter what, we won’t ever have enough of them. And the very end game players, the ones with full Tiamat or erreshikgal contracts, and all advanced stigmas and all this stuff are the ones who 1 shot these things and it makes it even more difficult for other players to get them. It needs to be group/alliance lootable, and fair to all players. Not just the ones that are the top like geared. 

Well this is the bad side of being in an overly populated side. At one point you always won the flipping game and it helped that your side has a ton of people, but now you compete against each other for the mobs.

On the Asmodian side things were slightly better. I managed to burn all my rice and left with enough pines.

Imagine if the game was not dead and we had the 4.0~5.0 amount of people thought. And if this event is made for Korea the same way, I understand the developers love to push the players into their limits and provide exclusive content to the few that are the "best" in doing those things against others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Well this is the bad side of being in an overly populated side. At one point you always won the flipping game and it helped that your side has a ton of people, but now you compete against each other for the mobs.

On the Asmodian side things were slightly better. I managed to burn all my rice and left with enough pines.

Imagine if the game was not dead and we had the 4.0~5.0 amount of people thought. And if this event is made for Korea the same way, I understand the developers love to push the players into their limits and provide exclusive content to the few that are the "best" in doing those things against others.

I get what youre saying, but it doesnt seem to bring players together fully in the end. In these last couple of days I have been doing KT-A winning the tiles a couple times a day, so elyos are clearly getting a bit bored of it. 

Its not bad to push players to their limits, but this entire event is literally for newer-ish players. The only end game type content, is the combining aspect. But newer players cant get any benefits from the event, due to the more advanced players dominating the pine farm. Like, the newer/returning players need the transform, and the materials that can be obtained. Personally, I just want the motion. I dont care too much for the transformation, if I can get it then it would be nice. but im really only doing this for the motion. And I do know some end game players that are just doing this event to try and get the skins/motion from it, instead of the transform, as well. Which isnt bad, I mean to me, motions have priority over literally anything, haha, but that means that the end game players farm these pines till they get what theyre after and the newer/returning players might not have as many chances to get the more higher end rewards, due to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But in the end here, we need to hear something from Kibbelz or Hime, Or Loki. The first week of this event is almost up -- the first week of three,  I might add -- we've had no communication, except for a simple message on Thursday that we werent going to have a rollback. Which was honestly expected, you cant wait over 24 hours and then say, "oh theres gonna be a rollback." We need the merchant back, and we need change with this event. At least put our merchant back and comment on the pines, making change with the pines and spend the last two weeks of this event figuring out whats going to happen with that contract. If in the end you do decide to give everyone a locked case, and people have already bought and opened one with the event currency, then they can save it for another time whenever another key is added to the bcm. No matter the decision you make on about the transformation contract, we need our merchant, and we need changes with the pine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ulti-DN   
4 hours ago, Areswarlord-KT said:

whats the hold up on respawning the npc ? everyone wants too know

How dare you ask for such a thing? It's only been 4 days.... you think you're entitled to an update? Transparency and communication is done only by decent and respectable companies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ulti-DN said:

How dare you ask for such a thing? It's only been 4 days.... you think you're entitled to an update? Transparency and communication is done only by decent and respectable companies 

Amen, this sums up everything. Welp, case closed! Time to find the next issue! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kibbelz   
On 10/3/2020 at 3:45 PM, Areswarlord-KT said:

whats the hold up on respawning the npc ? everyone wants too know

Unfortunately, a fix for this issue was dependent on the development team in Korea. Since their weekend began earlier, and ours ends later, this particular fix took some additional time.

Hope the transparency helps convey some ease. Rest assured, we are looking to have things back as they should ASAP, and thank you for your patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ulti-DN   
3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Unfortunately, a fix for this issue was dependent on the development team in Korea. Since their weekend began earlier, and ours ends later, this particular fix took some additional time.

Hope the transparency helps convey some ease. Rest assured, we are looking to have things back as they should ASAP, and thank you for your patience.

Took or taking some additional time? I'm sorry but there is a difference and don't mean to pick on you but took means it was fixed and I don't see that yet. We all know already what asap means to you guys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Unfortunately, a fix for this issue was dependent on the development team in Korea. Since their weekend began earlier, and ours ends later, this particular fix took some additional time.

Hope the transparency helps convey some ease. Rest assured, we are looking to have things back as they should ASAP, and thank you for your patience.

@Kibbelz why is there no answer about Pixel conctracts from npc that ppl got for 0 Honey Songpyeon but?  Imean its fair for rest of us ..and btw thrre is video on youtube showing the bugg...So get yo shit together :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,  lets take a moment and a breath.  You all realize these CMs are stuck in the middle between us and the company right?   There have been some pretty decent changes since we got Kibblez..  can you guys please not drive him away from the community by being crappy towards him?  I dont believe for a second that ANY CM has withheld any information from us.  It does and will take time to get things worked out, and there will always be someone unhappy with the end decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Danasa-DN said:

@Kibbelz why is there no answer about Pixel conctracts from npc that ppl got for 0 Honey Songpyeon but?  Imean its fair for rest of us ..and btw thrre is video on youtube showing the bugg...So get yo shit together :)

-.- The quote you even quoted says, hey we are waiting on Korean Dev team to give us information because they had holiday and time difference it's taking a bit longer. Literally read mate 

This event is celebrating Chuseok holiday in Korea it is one of the biggest holidays of the year they get 3 days off for this on Oct 1-3 this year they also are 14 hour ahead of server time. NA did not come up with this event they got it from Korea so since there is a problem they are probably asking the KR Dev team to help with the fix but again KR has holiday and huge time zone difference so he let us know and said they are working on it and hoping to have everything back as soon as possible jeez cut the man some slack. He literally told you everything you wanted to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

 There have been some pretty decent changes since we got Kibblez..  can you guys please not drive him away from the community by being crappy towards him? 

Thissssss. Kibbelz and Loki have actually been trying. If they disappear because of negativity, we're right back where we were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kibbelz   

Hey team - so I know everyone has been really curious to see how this is going to play out! There will be a lot of work on our side to address this, but here's the plan:

In total, about 300 players obtained the item in question before the merchant was taken down. We're going to be retrieving the items or transformations, or any results generated due to them. In cases where the once-per-account Key was used, we will be restoring it so the items can be earned fairly. Beyond this, we won't be taking further punitive actions as the actions will not have a significant impact the game economy or overall health.

On Wednesday, we will re-deploy the Merchant and you can begin spending your event currency, which will we will not be resetting.

Because players effectively lost a week of progress, we'll be providing a survey with the following items (Basically, all the non-transformation, non-cosmetic items available from the merchant this past week):
- [Event] Dimensional Hourglass (120 min) Bundle x1
- [Event] Consumables Bundle x5
- [Event] Legendary Blood Mark Bundle x2
- [Event] Instant Return Scroll Bundle x3
- [Event] Lugbug's Boon - Single-use Ticket Bundle x3
- [Event] Experience Mark Bundle x5

This survey will be available for one week, until maintenance on 10/14.

Hopefully this provides some much-desired info and thanks so much to those of you who've shown patience while we worked this out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kibbelz that's quite frankly a terrible solution.

You should just provide everyone the contract instead of removing it from the players who already got it.  For example I got 2 of the clever hanbok pixels and then combined, and then got a different contract (valiant) from the shop. What you're trying to do is going to be way too complicated and it's not going to end up well.  You can only get 1 contract from the event anyways due to the key only being available once.

Edited by Hellish-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liiny-DN   

That's so funny, you waited it out til everyone bought the Pixel off BCM to combine with the one that was a bug caused by you guys to finally take action? When doing a rollback was easier?
So now people can't even refund the BCM purchase or they get banned. Nice move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bjorn-DN   
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey team - so I know everyone has been really curious to see how this is going to play out! There will be a lot of work on our side to address this, but here's the plan:

In total, about 300 players obtained the item in question before the merchant was taken down. We're going to be retrieving the items or transformations, or any results generated due to them. In cases where the once-per-account Key was used, we will be restoring it so the items can be earned fairly. Beyond this, we won't be taking further punitive actions as the actions will not have a significant impact the game economy or overall health.

On Wednesday, we will re-deploy the Merchant and you can begin spending your event currency, which will we will not be resetting.

Because players effectively lost a week of progress, we'll be providing a survey with the following items (Basically, all the non-transformation, non-cosmetic items available from the merchant this past week):
- [Event] Dimensional Hourglass (120 min) Bundle x1
- [Event] Consumables Bundle x5
- [Event] Legendary Blood Mark Bundle x2
- [Event] Instant Return Scroll Bundle x3
- [Event] Lugbug's Boon - Single-use Ticket Bundle x3
- [Event] Experience Mark Bundle x5

This survey will be available for one week, until maintenance on 10/14.

Hopefully this provides some much-desired info and thanks so much to those of you who've shown patience while we worked this out.

This is an incredible outcome, because it proves the team CAN restore legendary transformation, they just DONT WANT TO.

I mean about when we fuse unintentionally 2 or more legendaries and want to rollback, like we do with minions using our tokens. Like, believe or not, I was sleepy and fusioned 3 legendaries thinking they was ancients.. opened a ticket and they said it was IMPOSSIBLE to revert transformation fusions.. with your post u prove that they not only CAN revert, but the time the fusion was made is irrelevant for them to do it.. incredible. :)

Edited by Bjorn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on coming up with literally the worst possible solution to this problem.

1. Removing the results of legendary combination is almost as bad as a roll back.

2. The week of progress lost is only giving us all the rubbish items from the event, not even any of the currency needed for the contract (which btw people who already got the contract likely didn't farm or used on the pink quest). This means one less week to farm up 50 for most people versus what those people would've been prepared for.

3. If this is an issue of "fairness" the most fair way would have been to just send everyone the contract (the key would've prevented people that already opened the contract from doing so again).

4. The number of people playing your game are dwindling, so your solution is to nyerk off the 300 people that already got it instead of just trying to make everyone happy by giving the contract to those that didn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rag-DN   
26 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey team - so I know everyone has been really curious to see how this is going to play out! There will be a lot of work on our side to address this, but here's the plan:

In total, about 300 players obtained the item in question before the merchant was taken down. We're going to be retrieving the items or transformations, or any results generated due to them. In cases where the once-per-account Key was used, we will be restoring it so the items can be earned fairly. Beyond this, we won't be taking further punitive actions as the actions will not have a significant impact the game economy or overall health.

On Wednesday, we will re-deploy the Merchant and you can begin spending your event currency, which will we will not be resetting.

Because players effectively lost a week of progress, we'll be providing a survey with the following items (Basically, all the non-transformation, non-cosmetic items available from the merchant this past week):
- [Event] Dimensional Hourglass (120 min) Bundle x1
- [Event] Consumables Bundle x5
- [Event] Legendary Blood Mark Bundle x2
- [Event] Instant Return Scroll Bundle x3
- [Event] Lugbug's Boon - Single-use Ticket Bundle x3
- [Event] Experience Mark Bundle x5

This survey will be available for one week, until maintenance on 10/14.

Hopefully this provides some much-desired info and thanks so much to those of you who've shown patience while we worked this out.

Couple followups to this @Kibbelz
 

  1.  What about those that gained the "free" xform and then used BCM or other means to obtain copies then combined them for the bonus rewards at the end of the event? Will these "consumption" of the xforms still be counted?
  2. Will players that unlocked "Collection bonuses" with the free xform bug loose their collection bonus when you "retrieve" the xform from them?
  3. What about the "Defeat Monsters in Crimson Katalam 30 times bug? Is that going to be addressed?
  4. Not sure if any of the rewards are "limited purchases per week/day" but if so, will those purchase limits be removed or will the event be extended so we get the full length to acquire the maximum amount of purchases?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Liiny-DN said:

That's so funny, you waited it out til everyone bought the Pixel off BCM to combine with the one that was a bug caused by you guys to finally take action? When doing a rollback was easier?
So now people can't even refund the BCM purchase or they get banned. Nice move.

This isn't the first time they've pulled this bullshit, the ultimate promotion they waited for the whales to buy all their legendary contracts and combine(some of them getting dupe ulti or dropping 2-3K+) before announcing that 12 legendary consumed would = ulti selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×