Weekly Server Maintenance - December 2, 2020

Arctic

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I had the same issue and I stopped entering the forums for like a week after that change until I made a thread asking if it is possible to change that awful colour combination, someone told me about addons so I tried to change the background colours but in mozilla nothing worked, so I now use chrome exclusively for aiononline forums and that addon changes the background to a creme colour with black text because so far it is the only addon that worked.

This is how I see your post.

2020-12-06-12-21.png

Well, I missed that post due to the same issue. Yeah this extension is really working, ty ^^

55 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

Gabby baby i understand completely about not being able to see certain text based on certain colored background and ive been playing games on a laptop for 100000000000000000000000000000000000 years but i never thought to use my smart tv as the monitor and after viseris explained to me how to do this i must say i can see every text especially on the ulti gear tool tip and pretty much everything since and my font size is still at 75 to 80 and the valedia is very happy with this...i cant say im against the blue colored background since blue is my fave color  but that being set aside even if blue wasnt my fave color the new forum color scheme isnt bad at all but ofc difference of opinion always plays its part so good luck and i hope u gain your happiness...

It's not really blue color, it just i can read dark text on clear background, but i cannot read white text on dark background, so I followed Arhangelos advice and now i'm happy again with how the forums look 😄

The only issue guys ae smileys now, they became blue and look creepy, like from a horror movie (check this 😁🤑🤪 

20 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You get points by passing through the different stages, the first person to pass a point get far more points than the second or the third etc. So the person who passes from the way points first has a big advantage all he needs is his teammate to do some points and they might win.

After all this also enables the team play some times people make sure their first one stays in front by using their skills on the guys behind them.

I also won a match where the enemies were 3 and we were only 2, but I finished first, one elyos finished 2nd and my friend finished 3rd, so we got plenty of points.

Interesting. I wonder, is it possible for a team to beat another team if only one member participates, but reaches all the checkpoints first and crosses the finish line in 1st or 2nd? I'm just curious how much weight the checkpoints really have when determining the score because I personally think effort should be the determining factor here. One player's effort should not be deemed greater than the efforts of three. This is  a TEAM competition after-all.

Edited by Voltric-DN

5 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

Interesting. I wonder, is it possible for a team to beat another team if only one member participates, but reaches all the checkpoints first and crosses the finish line in 1st or 2nd? I'm just curious how much weight the checkpoints really have when determining the score because I personally think effort should be the determining factor here. One player's effort should not be deemed greater than the efforts of three. This is  a TEAM competition after-all.

I do not know the amount of points each stage gives in each pass, but I think 1 vs 3 is a lose for that 1 guy but a margin which I am not sure how much it is. The point system is identical to the previous Daeva Dash we had so maybe @TheSecretCowLeve-KT can mine the data and throw some light here.

5 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

One player's effort should not be deemed greater than the efforts of three. This is  a TEAM competition after-all.

...but if one person manages to finish 1st when the others are 3 and can use skills on that guy while he can only rely on not failing a single spot then he deserves it. It is a way-point system and it is what it is. I think it is pretty clever the way they made it.

9 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Well, I missed that post due to the same issue. Yeah this extension is really working, ty ^^

It's not really blue color, it just i can read dark text on clear background, but i cannot read white text on dark background, so I followed Arhangelos advice and now i'm happy again with how the forums look 😄

The only issue guys ae smileys now, they became blue and look creepy, like from a horror movie (check this 😁🤑🤪 

Yes what it does is it reverses the colours, kinda like a negative, also images do not show good unless you click on them and they open in a new window that is not affected by the addon (make sure only aiononline.com is in the list of working sites for the addon), also notice how the multi-quote button is gone when the mode is on. You can turn the effect off temporarily and then use the multi-quote button and put the addon on again.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Gabrielis-KT @Arhangelos-KT @Valedia-DN Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll share this info with our web team to see what's going on here.

My main question currently @Kibbelz is how do you guys plan to handle the faction imbalance?

DN-Asmos can't even take divine now with lv5 buff if they even hope to participate in Crimson Katalam sieges.

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Gabrielis-KT @Arhangelos-KT @Valedia-DN Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll share this info with our web team to see what's going on here.

The best thing they can do is give us the option to change the theme if possible. I would be glad to return to the old colour combination. It is just the colours that are awful and make my eyes hurt.

My 2cents worth on Dark theme vs light theme.

If you can read black letters on a white background easier than white letters on a dark background, then the chances are you need reading glasses.  Why?  Because the extra light from the white background causes the pupils in your eyes to contract, improving the focus via what's called the "pinhole camera effect".

1 hour ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

My main question currently @Kibbelz is how do you guys plan to handle the faction imbalance?

DN-Asmos can't even take divine now with lv5 buff if they even hope to participate in Crimson Katalam sieges.

Asmodian dont take divine with lvl 5 buff cause of rubbish mechanic of aion ..... If they go to divine , they get lock at silona cause the rift to enter have limit of entry , so people dodge divine to make sure they get entry in silona cause elyos dont go silona so its a 100 % vicotry and reward .... That why Danaria And Kalatam server asmodian dont do divine fortress siege and go right aways to silona to make sure they get the 100 % sure reward.

9W9i.gif 

2 hours ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

Asmodian dont take divine with lvl 5 buff cause of rubbish mechanic of aion ..... If they go to divine , they get lock at silona cause the rift to enter have limit of entry , so people dodge divine to make sure they get entry in silona cause elyos dont go silona so its a 100 % vicotry and reward .... That why Danaria And Kalatam server asmodian dont do divine fortress siege and go right aways to silona to make sure they get the 100 % sure reward.

There's still an imbalance problem though... but yes I 100% agree the Crimson Katalam portal mechanics are 100% rubbish. Realistically, those portals shouldn't even open until both divine forts are done.

Edited by Pharoahra-DN

• Loki unpinned this topic