Event Harvester Equipment solution

Magikarp-DN

This is my unpopular opinion and suggestion to NCWest. @Cyan I want you to hear this

The problem: Since the Golden Dice event, it seems like all events will have Harvester Equipment as high end prizes. As someone who runs the Bastion of Souls instance I feel as if it undermines some of the exclusivity of running the instance to get the Harvester Equipment. And with the exclusivity gone, the incentive to run Bastion of Souls instance now is diminished. "Why run BoS when I can just buy the weapon for 600mil?"

Here is my unpopular opinion: I'm perfectly fine with the equipment being made more available this way. And it should continue to be made more available this way. This is a good move since now I can finally do my "adma 3 man for xp nid cleric" runs in fully decked out shining mythic sets. The availability of these boxes also eliminates the of randomness of getting the dagger and harp that STILL somehow never dropped  certain equipments to drop normally. All of these reasons are great.

The pessimist in me: Since everyone already has the Harvester Equipment, what reason is there to run the instance now? Well, in 5.8 the equipment can be upgraded to a new set using new materials only available in patch 5.8 that drop from the instance. Since these current events practically excrete Harvester boxes, the biggest incentive to actually run Bastion of Souls comes in patch 5.8 which is still a few months away. Until then, why run it if we're already maxed geared? (but by no means is the instance not worth running now, you can still get plenty of Minion Contracts, Essence Cores, and extra Harvester Equipments for example).

My solution: To better reward the people who can put in the time to run the instance now, It would be lovely to see the runs we complete now count towards those runs needed to upgrade the equipment in 5.8. One way I can see this done is for NCwest to keep logs of those players who complete the instance and give them the upgrade materials after 5.8 hits. (though I'm not even sure if it's normal mode or hard mode that even drops the upgrade materials since I'm not Korean).

same thing in less words tl;dr: Everyone has Harvester gear from events so there's no reason to run Bastion of Souls instance until it starts giving us the upgrade materials in 5.8. I want the runs we do now to count towards upgrading the gear in future 5.8 patch.

for those of you that run the instance what are your thoughts on this? Is this something you want to see?

for those who have no idea what is going on: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Enhanced_Ancient_Fallusha's_Set

You have been rewarded, some would say far more than is optimal, since your "exclusive" groups have often profited from the sales of BOS gear prior to events, and even with events not everyone has Harvester gear. 

In addition, your alliance may be the exception, but several of the early alliances certainly weren't at all helpful to newer alliances trying to run the instance. 

So, in summary - you did it faster than almost everyone else, you had ample opportunity to profit and that was your reward. If you're bored now then there are other things to do.

It's true that we have profited that way, I didn't even consider that just now. But farming it now during this event still feels bad. I want the next patch to come already so I can keep advancing my gear :D  . I would hate to see those instance cooldowns go unused until then.

8 hours ago, Magikarp-DN said:

This is my unpopular opinion and suggestion to NCWest. @Cyan I want you to hear this

The problem: Since the Golden Dice event, it seems like all events will have Harvester Equipment as high end prizes. As someone who runs the Bastion of Souls instance I feel as if it undermines some of the exclusivity of running the instance to get the Harvester Equipment. And with the exclusivity gone, the incentive to run Bastion of Souls instance now is diminished. "Why run BoS when I can just buy the weapon for 600mil?"

Here is my unpopular opinion: I'm perfectly fine with the equipment being made more available this way. And it should continue to be made more available this way. This is a good move since now I can finally do my "adma 3 man for xp nid cleric" runs in fully decked out shining mythic sets. The availability of these boxes also eliminates the of randomness of getting the dagger and harp that STILL somehow never dropped  certain equipments to drop normally. All of these reasons are great.

The pessimist in me: Since everyone already has the Harvester Equipment, what reason is there to run the instance now? Well, in 5.8 the equipment can be upgraded to a new set using new materials only available in patch 5.8 that drop from the instance. Since these current events practically excrete Harvester boxes, the biggest incentive to actually run Bastion of Souls comes in patch 5.8 which is still a few months away. Until then, why run it if we're already maxed geared? (but by no means is the instance not worth running now, you can still get plenty of Minion Contracts, Essence Cores, and extra Harvester Equipments for example).

My solution: To better reward the people who can put in the time to run the instance now, It would be lovely to see the runs we complete now count towards those runs needed to upgrade the equipment in 5.8. One way I can see this done is for NCwest to keep logs of those players who complete the instance and give them the upgrade materials after 5.8 hits. (though I'm not even sure if it's normal mode or hard mode that even drops the upgrade materials since I'm not Korean).

same thing in less words tl;dr: Everyone has Harvester gear from events so there's no reason to run Bastion of Souls instance until it starts giving us the upgrade materials in 5.8. I want the runs we do now to count towards upgrading the gear in future 5.8 patch.

for those of you that run the instance what are your thoughts on this? Is this something you want to see?

for those who have no idea what is going on: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Enhanced_Ancient_Fallusha's_Set

Ofc you guys would have preferred to continue to sell BoS Equipment for several billion each. And i agree with  the other poster that you guys have been rewarded more than enough. And knowing how exclusive these alliances can be - most of the server wouldnt have ever seen the interior of BoS , not to mention beating the instance itself. So good Job NCsoft for making these gear available for the general masses. Elitists can go cry in the corner lol

While I agree that giving away top gear in events is really not the smartest move that NCSoft has ever made, this is hardly the first time they have done this.

Remember back when the first bonafide event ran? It gave out DR and Shepard's gear if you succeeded in enchanting it to max level. Ran into a player that had both sets. On paper they should have had great dps, but in reality they were terribad. Ever since I never look at gear. You can dress a terrible player in the finest gear out there and they are still going to be bad. And the best player can be wearing garbage gear and still output great dps.

If your group doesn't feel that BoS is worth it any more, then don't run it. Mine still wants to go. It's really up to the individual group.

60+ BoS runs, i got a book-shoes--belt-ring-and one aether cannon. and i 'v been lucky realy lucky.There are people that still didnt  get a weapon or a piece of armor. And now, weapons/armor acc everywhere....It's ok to put that gear in the events, but not like that, everyone, EVERY FUC***G ONE has harvester gear like its a standard pve gear. i worked my ass out for months running that instance and what was that for? took me 1 month to get 1 ring. now people that never run that instance can laught at this with their full harvester gear. i dont feel motivated to do anything in this game anymore.  and  i also have to see people saying "you guys have been rewarded more than enough"  realy?  lol seriously that's insane.

"And knowing how exclusive these alliances can be -" If you suck, no one will take you. this instance is not easy most of the time people cant afford to take bad geared and unskilled people. Chosing carefull who to accept in that alliances is a must if  the leader respect  each member of that ally., you not okay with this? make a new alliance of your own, or just  play good, do typhon runs, get people know you as good player instead of stay in norsvold afk crying about elite alliances , and you will see , when the opportunity comes you will find a spot in those alliances.

I will explain my experiences with BoS. I partly rushed to 75 before 5.5 hit in order to be settled up and ready for BoS. Knowing how the instance worked from Korean testing, it sounded like an easy instance to do, which ended up being true.

5.5 (or 5.6 rather), wielding my staff, ready to fight the Harvesters, I bugged my legion mates to do it, but not everyone on our legion was of enough level. So, we tried bringing people from other places. The level 75s around didnt join us because "merge incoming, no point of doing anything".

So, we hit a wall there. Got stuck, ended up having to wait all the way for merge in order for them to finally get up. After some attempts we downed it. Got my belt, which was the only piece I could show off before Events gave the gear away. I did get an earring and a staff (and I could have got a ring as well). So, I cannot complain about drop rate really.

Where am I getting at with this story? I don't know. I just wanted to join the conversation.

Just kidding. My point is, I was geared and experienced for BoS, yet I couldn't get in. Therefore, I kind of couldn't enjoy the "Oh, I am OP with this Harvester gear, and sexy" feeling. But then, I think to myself how common Harvester gear actually is. Assuming you get Accessory boxes for 450m, a Hat box for a little more, Armour for 600m and a Weapon for 1b, you would need around nearly 7b for a whole set. Unless you are really rich, you cannot shove that amount of kinah out. And if you do have that much kinah, then you MUST be geared for BoS.

So far, I believe the ones that do benefit from these events are the ones who already have some pieces. For instance, those who lack shoulders and hats, being the only pieces that do not drop from Shurak/Opel. Greedy Glomir is even more difficult than them. Those pieces might be the only ones I will buy.

There is also to consider how this instance drops very few pieces of gear for a whole alliance that invested so much. So, it kind of balances out. At least for the moment, when prices for the boxes are still rather high.

To sum it up, I feel ehhh about this topic, in the middle. I can see where both sides are coming from and I do agree with both of them.

1 hour ago, Devildagger-DN said:

60+ BoS runs, i got a book-shoes--belt-ring-and one aether cannon. and i 'v been lucky realy lucky.There are people that still didnt  get a weapon or a piece of armor. And now, weapons/armor acc everywhere....It's ok to put that gear in the events, but not like that, everyone, EVERY FUC***G ONE has harvester gear like its a standard pve gear. i worked my ass out for months running that instance and what was that for? took me 1 month to get 1 ring. now people that never run that instance can laught at this with their full harvester gear. i dont feel motivated to do anything in this game anymore.  and  i also have to see people saying "you guys have been rewarded more than enough"  realy?  lol seriously that's insane.

"And knowing how exclusive these alliances can be -" If you suck, no one will take you. this instance is not easy most of the time people cant afford to take bad geared and unskilled people. Chosing carefull who to accept in that alliances is a must if  the leader respect  each member of that ally., you not okay with this? make a new alliance of your own, or just  play good, do typhon runs, get people know you as good player instead of stay in norsvold afk crying about elite alliances , and you will see , when the opportunity comes you will find a spot in those alliances.

No , i don't suck. But you need to be friends with someone in those alliances, otherwise they dont care how skilled or geared you are. Friends and butt buddies always get upper treatment :D. Yes , i could make my own alliances. But what i am saying , people who don't have friends in the right places or are bad at leading alliances on their own don't stand a chance, so i dont need your morality lessons, thank you very much 

1 hour ago, Devildagger-DN said:

So you don't think you haven't been rewarded enough? I saw BoS weapons go from 2-5bil each, Accessories 1-2 b each, armor depending which piece. And there were people who bought them. If i have to feel sorry for someone, then its the people who bought BoS gear for insane prices prior the event. Their anger would be justified. But You guys were literally swimming in money, and now you are crying because NCsoft ended your monopoly. And where's monopoly- theres no helping or giving tips for alliances who are just starting out because that meant they would undercut your prices on the broker. Its simply pathetic.

17 minutes ago, HyeRim-DN said:

So you don't think you haven't been rewarded enough? I saw BoS weapons go from 2-5bil each, Accessories 1-2 b each, armor depending which piece. And there were people who bought them. If i have to feel sorry for someone, then its the people who bought BoS gear for insane prices prior the event. Their anger would be justified. But You guys were literally swimming in money, and now you are crying because NCsoft ended your monopoly. And where's monopoly- theres no helping or giving tips for alliances who are just starting out because that meant they would undercut your prices on the broker. Its simply pathetic.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER.

Seriously, that paragraph right there is the exact reason 90% of the butthurt people are, in fact, butthurt.

The people that have been running BoS since it came out still wouldn't have a finished set to this day, even if they ran on their alts as well as their mains, because of how the drops in BoS work (1~4 drops in EM per run). Why do you think BoS pieces sold for billions when people first started succeeding at finishing Easy Mode ? Maybe because the people who got these pieces were sacrificing their own gear upgrades for a tiny bit of kinah (because newsflash +10 stones were still worth 750M-1.5B back then), not because muh massive profits from the single drop I got in 10 runs.

5 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

you would need around nearly 7b for a whole set. Unless you are really rich, you cannot shove that amount of kinah out. And if you do have that much kinah, then you MUST be geared for BoS.

You don't need gear for BoS, people run it were running it, before the event, on their alts (or a mix of alts and mains) just fine. You need to understand the mechanics first and foremost and, if clueless, ask and follow your leader(s)'s directions instead of wiping the alliance. Something more people can't do than you'd think.

Mechanics which were fairly clearly explained in HelenTTT's videos which were published between August 7th and 10th. You only had to search it up on YouTube. You've had nearly 3 months to do hit and miss runs since then, not including any runs you could've made right after release (so ~4months including that time) using only vague korean speed run videos.

As for Magikarp's suggestion, getting ahead on the mat drops needed in 5.8 would be too good to be true but definitely something I'd like to see, particularly since the mat is untradeable and an uncertain number drops per run. It could be dozens of runs before you can upgrade just one piece, same as it was with AOE/COE when they first came out. Generally speaking though, just by farming BoS itself you're already prepping for 5.8 since you'll have completed your set by then/sold extra pieces to buy enchanting supplies for the upgraded set. Throwing a wild guess but I'd imagine pre-upgraded pieces would have a higher chance of dropping in a NM/HM run so there's always that goal to works towards.

26 minutes ago, Papa-KT said:

*snip*

You don't need gear for BoS, people run it were running it, before the event, on their alts (or a mix of alts and mains) just fine. You need to understand the mechanics first and foremost and, if clueless, ask and follow your leader(s)'s directions instead of wiping the alliance. Something more people can't do than you'd think.

*snip*

This sums it up on why it's alright for NCSoft to put this gear in events. Rather than take someone else and teach them how to run, giving them a chance at the drops, some of these groups would rather run their undergeared alts. I remember the same when we first started running EB. Players wanting to bring their undergeared alts rather than opening up a spot for someone new who could learn the instance and gear their mains. That kind of attitude just drives me nuts.

I would still rather that NCSoft not hand out the top gear. There really should be something that is behind a door of competence, but when so many players have their ego ratcheted up to 9 billion it's hard to get too worked up about it. Unlike some, I am not intimidated by someone with gear better or like my own because I don't link my own worth as a player to my gear.

been running BoS on KT-E since the first month. i'd have to say that finding good dps in endgame pve now is very rare and we need these "toss out" events to boost people to adequate dps.

It sounds really dumb... BoS gear to run BoS. However, it has been the same for many patches... like when people started needing mythics to enter IS. 

Rather than depending on only friends to carry instances, you start to get pop ups of "carried by gear" dps that can help alliance formation. 

In the end, BoS is just designed to be a grind like any other pve instance like aion. Events like these that they bring help artificially make people into "stronger players" so they can be ran consistently to prepare for the next patches. 

Tossing out true endgame gear is no surprise anymore for an endgame aion player, they've done that with almost every patch for money now. people who are disappointed quit, but most move on...

10 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

This sums it up on why it's alright for NCSoft to put this gear in events. Rather than take someone else and teach them how to run, giving them a chance at the drops, some of these groups would rather run their undergeared alts. I remember the same when we first started running EB. Players wanting to bring their undergeared alts rather than opening up a spot for someone new who could learn the instance and gear their mains. That kind of attitude just drives me nuts.

For the record, it wasn't "undergeared" alt, it was "semi-geared" alt. As always, having a full proper PvE set doesn't equal skill and furthermore doesn't equal being able to follow directions.

You missed the point. People would rather run on their alts because of their past experience of bringing 1-2 newbies who ended up wiping the alliance over and over. In DD you could still bring a carry or two (most of the job was done by your 1~3 carrying dps, clerics and the templar), but in BoS if your carry gets hit by Hideous Cold, there's a 75% chance your alliance has already wiped because people can't understand simple directions or watch a single vid before doing an instance. Nearly every time my group brought people entirely new to the instance and they got hit by Hideous Cold, we got wiped. No matter how we explained, if Hideous Cloud fell on a newbie, it was over. It was to the point we would've been better off 9-manning than bringing two more dps to fill up. But hey we still invited them and gave them a chance.

Lowkey feels like I'm wasting my time because all your side wants to hear is "I've been running BoS since it was released, I've never given any tips to newer alliances, I've preferred not to run or ran on my lvl 70 alt rather than inviting someone new/learning and I've made 50B profit from all my gear sales". All of which are false.

8 hours ago, Anjo-KT said:

Tossing out true endgame gear is no surprise anymore for an endgame aion player, they've done that with almost every patch for money now. people who are disappointed quit, but most move on...

There's a difference between the IS/DR gear handouts (a year or even years after 4.0 was released, plus you even had to enchant it pretty high to keep it), the DD gear handouts (prices lowered but people still went DD and people still bought DD loot because you couldn't get all pieces just with 6-7 boxes) and the BoS gear handouts (BoS statics disbanding entirely as soon as the Harvester gear boxes were introduced because it was neither profitable nor necessary anymore). The latter was a much harder blow to the people farming the instances than the previous ones everyone keeps comparing them to. The people who will be quitting are those with full harvester sets as there is nothing else to do until 5.8 pve-wise. Hence the suggestion in this thread.

1 hour ago, Papa-KT said:

For the record, it wasn't "undergeared" alt, it was "semi-geared" alt. As always, having a full proper PvE set doesn't equal skill and furthermore doesn't equal being able to follow directions.

You missed the point. People would rather run on their alts because of their past experience of bringing 1-2 newbies who ended up wiping the alliance over and over. In DD you could still bring a carry or two (most of the job was done by your 1~3 carrying dps, clerics and the templar), but in BoS if your carry gets hit by Hideous Cold, there's a 75% chance your alliance has already wiped because people can't understand simple directions or watch a single vid before doing an instance. Nearly every time my group brought people entirely new to the instance and they got hit by Hideous Cold, we got wiped. No matter how we explained, if Hideous Cloud fell on a newbie, it was over. It was to the point we would've been better off 9-manning than bringing two more dps to fill up. But hey we still invited them and gave them a chance.

Lowkey feels like I'm wasting my time because all your side wants to hear is "I've been running BoS since it was released, I've never given any tips to newer alliances, I've preferred not to run or ran on my lvl 70 alt rather than inviting someone new/learning and I've made 50B profit from all my gear sales". All of which are false.

There's a difference between the IS/DR gear handouts (a year or even years after 4.0 was released, plus you even had to enchant it pretty high to keep it), the DD gear handouts (prices lowered but people still went DD and people still bought DD loot because you couldn't get all pieces just with 6-7 boxes) and the BoS gear handouts (BoS statics disbanding entirely as soon as the Harvester gear boxes were introduced because it was neither profitable nor necessary anymore). The latter was a much harder blow to the people farming the instances than the previous ones everyone keeps comparing them to. The people who will be quitting are those with full harvester sets as there is nothing else to do until 5.8 pve-wise. Hence the suggestion in this thread.

I can agree with a good part of this,  the majority of people don't really listen and unless they have been in a good legion and/or have done challenging instances, they don't even understand why it's important for everyone in an alliance. I can also understand that if you're used to running an instance, then failing it feels much  in comparison to the learingg stage when it's expected as part of the process. However, if every new person wipes due to the same  cause on their first run, then I would tend to ask myself if there wasn't a better reason than "they all suck". Even in the percentage that do listen, if the instance is challenging you may have to write off the first "x" number  of runs because they will make mistakes.  Maybe you think the instructions are simple now because you know them so well? Plus, the attitude of the alliance towards the new member can also play a factor- if its "get it perfect on the first run or you're never invited back"- well, that's not going to help. Everyone is going to get frustrated in the end.

I' would also say that in general the PVE in Aion is easier than when Aion first started - for just the some of the campaigns for example  when Aion first came out, it wasn't that unusual to spend hours in an instance to clear it, or to spend hours to clear in and then hold it for legion members. , or to spend hundreds of runs to get a set. I can count 300, 200 and 200 runs in my case for Besh, IS and my EB weapon respectively for the worst cases that I had. I still hate IS.

Personally, I'm happy people have a chance to get the gear from events. If they just levelled and don't know their class,  they won't match up to the best in their class. However, some people who have been already running the instance should be happy, they can complete their set. Some people who are capable, but who won't be given a chance to be in a BOS in any capacity (let alone a static) , now have a chance to get the gear.

23 hours ago, Magikarp-DN said:

It's true that we have profited that way, I didn't even consider that just now. But farming it now during this event still feels bad. I want the next patch to come already so I can keep advancing my gear :D  . I would hate to see those instance cooldowns go unused until then.

Unless your full Harvester gear is all slotted with +10 Archdaeva Manastones, you still have a method of advancing your gear.

19 hours ago, Anjo-KT said:

[...] finding good dps in endgame pve now is very rare and we need these "toss out" events to boost people to adequate dps.[...]

[...] Events like these help artificially make people into "stronger players"[...]

Sad truth. 90% of the people around nowadays bring out maybe 60% of their characters dps potentional or less. (And of the other 10% most are usually in a static with friends or in no alliance cause they are known to be troublesome-hard-to-get-along-with.)

Reason being? I don't know. Maybe they don't read their skill description, maybe they don't care, maybe they don't wanna invest time to test different skill rotations, or learn how to weave properly, etc.pp. Or, as famous example, because [quote:] "everyone with more than 4k dps hacks". 

Which in and on itself wouldn't even be that bad, because most alliances got 1-x people who can carry the dps with superior personal skill. However, most of these people who can't even properly dps are, on top of that, even unable to listen to simple instructions as "move back" "move left" "move right" "don't attack". And yes, having lead many runs (not just BoS), this is very annoying and exhausting for everyone else and especially the leaders.

And let's be frank. IF you were a good dps (skilled or carried-by-gear idc), who is able to listen and follow instructions without taking 1minute to process the information you got and maybe, if you are in the mood, follow it, there is just no way that you would be unknown to all the alliances out there. Aion world is just too small nowaydays.

Good players are known or get known fast. That's the simple truth. Anyone who says "I'm good but noone takes me" is either lying in their own pockets or a troublesome person or doesn't make the tiniest little effort to get in touch with some of the known alliances.

Leave it as it is. The update KR got where they can upgrade the equipment comes is in the 2nd part of 5.8 so we probably won't see it when we get it. 

As 5.0 goes, I figured it out. If you want, you are free to spend your billions on the current end game gear, but in a few months after it comes out, it'll be quickly replaced. When 5.1 came out, the apollon set was quite difficult to get. It cost me well over 10b for the set and i thought it was worth it. It could have been but im still currently using it. 5.3 comes out, everyone gets their fridga set for way cheaper. Only thing i got from 5.3 was a new weap that cost me 5-6b. 5.6, replace 15b again for a new armor/weap set? Its not even been a year lol.  If you were selling stuff from BoS for what they were selling for before the event, the person buying is getting ripped off. Back when provenance weap were end game, theres only a couple alliance killing the boss, Then the first SFT, they were selling for 5-7b and what are they now? 800m?

4 hours ago, Sofie-KT said:

Sad truth. 90% of the people around nowadays bring out maybe 60% of their characters dps potentional or less. (And of the other 10% most are usually in a static with friends or in no alliance cause they are known to be troublesome-hard-to-get-along-with.)

Reason being? I don't know. Maybe they don't read their skill description, maybe they don't care, maybe they don't wanna invest time to test different skill rotations, or learn how to weave properly, etc.pp. Or, as famous example, because [quote:] "everyone with more than 4k dps hacks". 

Which in and on itself wouldn't even be that bad, because most alliances got 1-x people who can carry the dps with superior personal skill. However, most of these people who can't even properly dps are, on top of that, even unable to listen to simple instructions as "move back" "move left" "move right" "don't attack". And yes, having lead many runs (not just BoS), this is very annoying and exhausting for everyone else and especially the leaders.

And let's be frank. IF you were a good dps (skilled or carried-by-gear idc), who is able to listen and follow instructions without taking 1minute to process the information you got and maybe, if you are in the mood, follow it, there is just no way that you would be unknown to all the alliances out there. Aion world is just too small nowaydays.

Good players are known or get known fast. That's the simple truth. Anyone who says "I'm good but noone takes me" is either lying in their own pockets or a troublesome person or doesn't make the tiniest little effort to get in touch with some of the known alliances.

I'd have to disagree with you on a some of this, if you consider this just due to the DPS, I wouldn't be surprised if they get disappointed with the results of the alliance at times. Each person, no matter what their class, has to put in individual and group effort, that may not be equal effort.

Following instructions well is extremely important, leaders have to be able to give clear directions and also be able to manage the groups during the instance. Even in your example, depending upon the instance, you may want someone "move left" because they need to move out of range of a specific boss aoe  ,  which is for specific range. It's probably better for them to know that, you can macro that kind of reminder and  alert it- much less confusing..

Everyone has o be on their game, and should be able to provide constructive feedback. Prior to rainmeter, we used to have available a meter that measured not only DPS, but healing output, damage received and other parameters. We could measure everyone in the alliance, for their rotation and for how they followed instructions.  For example, if anyone remembers the frog boss in Sarpan, we could tell, if anyone had unusually high damage as a ranged DPS and was taking high damage, they probably weren't standing where they should have been.

1 hour ago, Bryos-KT said:

I havent upgraded from my Kahrun set for years. :P

Just used 150 black stones on my ranger's old Kahrun set (which she is still wearing because reasons) and only managed to get 4 pieces to +10 and the fifth to +7. That failure rate though!

And I don't know what kind of "new people" groups are taking in but we have taken someone new to each of our last several runs and haven't had one of them wipe us. Fingers crossed.

Well. this things use to happen all the time.

since is a evolving game that adds new content periodically, some gear and instances gradually becomes easier to get and to do.

Maybe this time, BoS had so few time to be the top instance and gave the players a short time to be proud of having a harvester set. But is not something new.

In the first months of aion 4.0 sauro supply base and infinity shard were really hard. So few people was able to finish them, and the gear from those was really uncommon. But some months later we had some events and the boxes with IS gear were there for everyone. After some time the instance was nerfed and easier. I really put a lot of effort on IS to get my gear and I know that some months later a lot of people got it with just a little work. And today, it means nothing. Same happened with beritra´s gear from Drakenspire Depths. And months later, again we found boxes with that gear in some events. I´m not mad about that, cause I had something to play for and, for a while, I had something special.

I guess the reward for the effort that you made is to have the gear some months before the others and to make some profit about that. You had the privilege to link some of those items when they were totally rare.

But. Even if I think that things like these are normal, IMO this could make a lot of players to run less instances. Maybe the current event is not so negative cause the players still have to play a lot to get the rewards. But if we have some afk events with the same items, will be a problem.

Archived