Weekly Server Maintenance - February 23, 2022

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 4 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

Thank you!

• Aion Team
15 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

@Rin Just curious, will the reward box for the ultimate transformation promotion include the option to select Nezekan and Zikel, or will it just be the four-types we've had from previous promotions?

As far as I'm aware and double checked to make sure, it should be the same as last time. Hope that helps a little!

2 hours ago, Spirithq-KT said:

lol, how i can get x12 Legendary transformation on double so i can make x12 combination with them, this is insane .......... useless Ultimate promotion event for me

You only need 7. Combine 2 of them 6 times (you get 3 then 2 then 1 back).

10 hours ago, Rin said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 4 hours.

Thank you!

Hi Rin, 

Will the Legendary Transformation key be reset in BCM so we can buy a locked Legendary Transformation from the event coin npc? (minion as well has a key)

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Tinkerbell said:

@Rin

When are we going to get 8.0 costumes? Classic keeps getting costumes that were never released on the live server. I don't understand why costumes aren't going for sale on the BCM as they do for BOTH versions in KR.

Amen.

Lets hope the fox transforms aren't costing a fortune.

3 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

You only need 7. Combine 2 of them 6 times (you get 3 then 2 then 1 back).

Sadly that's not the case for everyone. :(

If someone had farmed Abyssal Splinter/events or saved up and bought enough "Legendary Transformation Contract (10 types)" to get 1 of each, then 7 spare to combine it's still not a guaranteed ultimate for the promotion. If you get even a single Irnin or one of the 6 original apostles (Kaisinel, Nezekan, Israphel, Siel, Marchutan, Zikel) you're out of luck. And they're not very rare. 

Last year during the flower hunting event I only had 6/10 of the standard legendary contract transforms. By the time I got 10/10 I almost had 12 to combine. So I saved up and got 12. When I combined for the ulti promotion 6 months later, I ended up getting Irnin + 3 apostles. If you don't already have Irnin + every original apostle as well, which also require dozens of legendaries to even attempt to get, it's a very big gamble that can end up in throwing away months of grinding.

*Most* events with legendary contracts make it so you can only get 1, either with a strict "1 per account" or with an event currency price so high it's only possible to buy on the last day of the event, or like with the recent Atreian Passport where it was only available on the last day, and only if you logged in every single day or make it total RNG with a 2% chance or whatever. And with splinter, you can buy 1 if you farm on 12 toons every single day for a month. Or you can buy them, for Elyos they're usually listed at around 2-3bil per contract. Or spend a lot of $$ 

It's still a fairly difficult thing to farm for anyone who hasn't been playing regularly for the past couple years.

Hi Spirithq-KT,  do not despair, always, no matter how long it is, aim for the safe. Collect the Ultimate Memory Shards (I know that's a lot), collect moons for the splintter and make additional entries. If they repeat the spring event you will get the contracts for the next promotion. Arrive fast. I tried to arrive in a year with my alternative account and I did not succeed. It's difficult but not impossible.

Dear Rin, maybe an event or faster way to get Ultimate Memory Shards would be interesting. I leave this restlessness. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Rin said:

Greetings Daevas!

Thank you!

RIN !!!, please give us a chance to achieve some legendary transformations. Don't you think the 6,400 nc for a Fox transfusion is overkill?

1 hour ago, Grodgar-DN said:

RIN !!!, please give us a chance to achieve some legendary transformations. Don't you think the 6,400 nc for a Fox transfusion is overkill?

...that is a "piece" you need 2x pieces to make one transformation Fox. So yeah it is 100$ for one fox and you can do another 2x from the other 6400 bundle to get the other one.

I was going to buy them but i do not need the extras, I would gladly pay like 2k BCM for one fox transformation, it is for collections not that important. I am not paying 200$ for a collection.

20 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

...that is a "piece" you need 2x pieces to make one transformation Fox. So yeah it is 100$ for one fox and you can do another 2x from the other 6400 bundle to get the other one.

I was going to buy them but i do not need the extras, I would gladly pay like 2k BCM for one fox transformation, it is for collections not that important. I am not paying 200$ for a collection.

I have to correct myself because I was looking at the 4000BCM ones.

The sure fox is at the 6400 BCM and that is 80$, you need 2x so that is 160$ for one fox.

Then you want to buy the other 6400BCM twice to get the other fox, so another 160$ for a total of 320$ for one collection.

46 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I have to correct myself because I was looking at the 4000BCM ones.

The sure fox is at the 6400 BCM and that is 80$, you need 2x so that is 160$ for one fox.

Then you want to buy the other 6400BCM twice to get the other fox, so another 160$ for a total of 320$ for one collection.

Yeah but thats limited to 2 per account, so 2 shards for 1 of them, for the other you have to gamble and hope you get it from the 64 types contracts, which is the same bs they pull every time. Why sell you something, when they can sell you the chance to get something multiple times over.

17 hours ago, Rin said:

As far as I'm aware and double checked to make sure, it should be the same as last time. Hope that helps a little!

It would be helpful to be explicit here.  Simply tell us what the rewards will actually be.  There have been multiple prior events that gave slightly different ultimate rewards in the end.  It would also be helpful to be clear about what is contained within the bcm packs as part of this event.  For example, in a past Hanbok event it wasn't possible to obtain Hanbok Cuddly or Fuddly.  However, they're in the game now, do the packs give or have a chance of giving those or do the packs contain the same old loot table and these transforms are still impossible to acquire?  A simple table on the website, like prior events would help remove some of this guesswork and ensure folks are working towards the goals they think they are.  

• Aion Team
18 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

A valid question ;-;

Hi friends! I'll try to clear this type of text for future, so thank you for the question and feedback! As it currently states: "Players will receive an Ultimate Transformation Contract Selection Box for meeting the following criteria..." which means that it is only 1 ultimate transformation contract to be obtained during this promotion.

------

For everyone else, thank you as always for voicing your frustrations, feedback, questions and compliments! I'm collecting everything as always and seeing what other answers I can get, and if not, at the minimum I'll always keep reporting on what is happening in hopes of future development. 

Thank you for your understanding and working with me.

Consume 12 or more Legendary Transformations via Transformation Combination, without obtaining an Ultimate Transformation during the promotion period.

Please note: Support tokens will not be used to reverse Transformation Combinations during the promotion period. Prime Runestone Selection Boxes will also only be delivered to the character that performs the synthesis.

@RinThanks for your continued engagement.  Here are some of the concerns that the community had with this prior event, that have been repeated again in this event.

This seems to be a situation where the rewards are actually getting in the way of each other and can frustrate players.  Many players are looking to complete collections, which means fishing for specific transformations that they don't already have.  In this case, the selection box you get for failing 12 times is better than the random ultimate you might have received via transformation.  Outside of an event you could have used a support token to revert a failure or success and try again, unsure why that isn't allowed here.  Presumably it's in order to make the event qualification logic easier to implement.  Either way, the end result is that players end up hoping to fail so they can get a selection box.  They get frustrated by getting a duplicate ultimate or one that isn't best for their class. 

Consider providing a single ultimate selection box for anyone that burns 12 or more legendary (or higher, the rules don't mention ultimate combinations) transformations, regardless of success.  Keep the support token restriction in that case if you need to.  Or allow token restoration and actually track the number of consumed but not restored transformations.  That would give players maximum flexibility.

Folks have been waiting for this event for a long time, and it's great.  However, there are still fears and frustrations with the current event.  Folks burn legendary combines only to finally get an ultimate that isn't good for them. Folks try and burn 12 combines in order to get a selectable ultimate, only to get a new legendary they weren't counting on.  A new legendary isn't as good as a new selectable ultimate, and now they don't have enough surplus legendaries to meet the 12 requirement.  Under the current conditions, there is no way for a player to fix either of these scenarios. 

56 minutes ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

@RinThanks for your continued engagement.  Here are some of the concerns that the community had with this prior event, that have been repeated again in this event.

This seems to be a situation where the rewards are actually getting in the way of each other and can frustrate players.  Many players are looking to complete collections, which means fishing for specific transformations that they don't already have.  In this case, the selection box you get for failing 12 times is better than the random ultimate you might have received via transformation.  Outside of an event you could have used a support token to revert a failure or success and try again, unsure why that isn't allowed here.  Presumably it's in order to make the event qualification logic easier to implement.  Either way, the end result is that players end up hoping to fail so they can get a selection box.  They get frustrated by getting a duplicate ultimate or one that isn't best for their class. 

Consider providing a single ultimate selection box for anyone that burns 12 or more legendary (or higher, the rules don't mention ultimate combinations) transformations, regardless of success.  Keep the support token restriction in that case if you need to.  Or allow token restoration and actually track the number of consumed but not restored transformations.  That would give players maximum flexibility.

Folks have been waiting for this event for a long time, and it's great.  However, there are still fears and frustrations with the current event.  Folks burn legendary combines only to finally get an ultimate that isn't good for them. Folks try and burn 12 combines in order to get a selectable ultimate, only to get a new legendary they weren't counting on.  A new legendary isn't as good as a new selectable ultimate, and now they don't have enough surplus legendaries to meet the 12 requirement.  Under the current conditions, there is no way for a player to fix either of these scenarios. 

They have never allowed restoration of transformations as far as i know, at least not officially, maybe if someone spent 4-5 figures they lowkey did it for them but not for any of us peasants, Loki or whoever it was even lied at some point that it wasn't even possible to restore them due to "game mechanics" when people were angry about the Stormwing apostle box exploitation, that was exposed as a lie when they "somehow" were able to revert last years Halloween event contracts that people were able to get due to ncsofts incompetence, and not due to actually abusing the restoration system.

So the whole line about not restoring combinations during the event really comes to show that they are clueless, because it was never allowed, event or not.

9 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

Yeah but thats limited to 2 per account, so 2 shards for 1 of them, for the other you have to gamble and hope you get it from the 64 types contracts, which is the same bs they pull every time. Why sell you something, when they can sell you the chance to get something multiple times over.

You can get 4x in total, the one that gives hanbok + fox piece (2 per account) and the one that gives apostle + fox piece (2 per account as well).

This is what I was told by a friend, I didn't buy it to know for sure.

Archived