Now that MXM is kill, what's the deal for Aion?

WeinerWeaver-DN

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

NCHero'ing for a moment here: MXM had way fewer players left than Aion does and wasn't pulling in any kind of $$...

You're right. Lineage, Aion, Blade & Soul and Guild Wars are the major money makers, so we're pretty safe. MxM was basically dead on arrival and was a questionable investment from the start. You can't dethrone LoL or Dota2, and the MOBA genre is just too competitive and glutted with copycats to shove in a new entry with gimmicky mechanics and expect it to succeed.

If anything is going on the chopping block, it's WildStar.

osh.gif

Never been a fan of this game and it was sort of obvious that they won't make much money out of it after reading a lot of feedback about the game. Just look at the Q3 Sales report which came out a few days ago... Still sort of surprised that they actually had the balls to do it. lol

We just must keep playing and make aion great again, we were probably about to pass through this same situation, btu thanks to the aion tema who decided to work on the merge the game was saved. Now the game is going well, every decision and choice they have made this year have been on point, keep doing that way and the game will go high soon.

About MXM, i feel so sorry about it, i played from the Alpha test, is was really fun and renewed for a MOBA, the action system added was a score, the idea was amazing, and the entire game was a big promised, sadly i think they didnt made it about the management of a MOBA game, they cannot be treated as an MMORPG because they are not. By my part, i enjoyed so much the game, sadly i had to stop playing due i start to felt the impact of the ms being from South America, even with VPN, cannot stand vs people with 10 ms... not in the MOBA format, that's impossible. My expectations was someday they gonna announce a latam server for MXM, after all the game even had translation for spanish which never happened in Ncwest servers in their own games (Gw2 doesnt count), sadly that never happened.

I wish to all the people who work on MXM know there are many players who thanks the format and the game, i hope this helps you to have experience in your next MOBA incursion in future. #FarewellMXM

2 hours ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

We just must keep playing and make aion great again, we were probably about to pass through this same situation, but thanks to the aion team who decided to work on the merge the game was saved. Now the game is going well, every decision and choice they have made this year have been on point, keep doing that way and the game will go high soon.

Is DN really doing that well?

15 hours ago, WeinerWeaver-DN said:

I noticed NCWest is looking to hire 2 VP's as well? I think some clarity is in order here for those of us that kinda see this as a bad thing when a company starts doing this kind of activity.

Mmmm. I work for a company which went through a major financial crisis 2.5 years ago. We had about 200 employees and, over the course of one year, cut it down to only *9* employees. (Still not sure how I managed to stay employed lol.) The replacement of executives often notes an underlying financial crisis; this is true. However, that's not always a bad thing. Many companies go on to be successful again after this shake-up. For example, in my company, they ousted the CEO, COO, and two of the VPs at the beginning of the cutback. Sometimes it is the executives who are the problem, and replacing them can save the company.

That's a long way of saying their search for 2 VPs could be a good thing. Or it could signal the end of Aion (and NCsoft in general). Only time will tell.

Maybe we should all be a little nicer to NCsoft, Cyan, etc before they decide our game and the headache we cause them is not worth the trouble... ;)

So GW2 have other team working on it. Prob different policies 

Could be a good idea to start working closer with the players. MxM was a bad idea, that genre was so new for NCSoft and the competence is hard. LOL and DOTA2 are really strong games. As wa saw in our last DDoS attack, The servers in NCSoft are not the last technology, and a moba requires a perfect connection. Lag, high ping, disconections or send logs are not allowed there. In a MMORPG are still something bad, but we can play. But in the other hand, NCSoft made some awesome MMORPG and is one of the better companies in that genre. I Still remember the first time I saw Lineage II. At that time RPG games were totally primitive compared with L2. 

NCSoft used to have really smart people working there and they managed to create many succesfull games. The problem with them is that they only put attention and effort to a each game for few years. With some new games on the market they usually start taking awful choices. If they can change this and revert some of the changes, they can revive the games. A game like Aion could be alive for many more years. Still decent graphics, a potentially great Story and lore. A nice roles division with really different classes, a game that can attrack men and women too. It just need some time and work fixing things. 

3 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

So GW2 have other team working on it. Prob different policies 

Could be a good idea to start working closer with the players. MxM was a bad idea, that genre was so new for NCSoft and the competence is hard. LOL and DOTA2 are really strong games. As wa saw in our last DDoS attack, The servers in NCSoft are not the last technology, and a moba requires a perfect connection. Lag, high ping, disconections or send logs are not allowed there. In a MMORPG are still something bad, but we can play. But in the other hand, NCSoft made some awesome MMORPG and is one of the better companies in that genre. I Still remember the first time I saw Lineage II. At that time RPG games were totally primitive compared with L2. 

NCSoft used to have really smart people working there and they managed to create many succesfull games. The problem with them is that they only put attention and effort to a each game for few years. With some new games on the market they usually start taking awful choices. If they can change this and revert some of the changes, they can revive the games. A game like Aion could be alive for many more years. Still decent graphics, a potentially great Story and lore. A nice roles division with really different classes, a game that can attrack men and women too. It just need some time and work fixing things. 

You mustn't have played MxM if that's why you think it failed. Player opinions of MxM as a game (and a moba) were almost unanimously positive during the first few months after launch. It was praised as a fun and innovative change in the moba scene. Yes, there were a few bad weeks with latency issues, but that's not why the game ultimately died. You can blame poor marketing and some extremely questionable in-game event decisions for that.

8 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Mmmm. I work for a company which went through a major financial crisis 2.5 years ago. We had about 200 employees and, over the course of one year, cut it down to only *9* employees. (Still not sure how I managed to stay employed lol.) The replacement of executives often notes an underlying financial crisis; this is true. However, that's not always a bad thing. Many companies go on to be successful again after this shake-up. For example, in my company, they ousted the CEO, COO, and two of the VPs at the beginning of the cutback. Sometimes it is the executives who are the problem, and replacing them can save the company.

That's a long way of saying their search for 2 VPs could be a good thing. Or it could signal the end of Aion (and NCsoft in general). Only time will tell.

Maybe we should all be a little nicer to NCsoft, Cyan, etc before they decide our game and the headache we cause them is not worth the trouble... ;)

It is funny how people think about these issues. I do agree that people should be nicer to the community devs as they more then likely are just a vessel for information and only when the Higher ups open the lid is the information allow out.

However look at the movement in BDO right now. They wasted 10,000s of thousands of dollars in all regions with people upgrading gear that is actually very average. BDO first was starting to take legal action on the person who Data mined this information. The company felt like they were robbed at first and put out a bit of a letter to the community, But now with the amount of people who are upset they did a complete 180 and now they are listening to the community and implementing a fix for the issue.

A company has 3 directions they can go:

1) Listen to the community when a bad change is implemented.(What bdo did)

2) Ignore the community and milk the addicted.(What NCsoft does)

3) Go bust because their product was not that great to begin with.(What the MXM creators are)

The best part about being a number 2 is that the addicted will defend everything you do as a company. 

12 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I think Guild Wars is not from NCSoft anymore. Is not one of the titles on the page (maybe it is one on Korea).

Guild Wars 2 is developed and managed by ArenaNet, in a completely different way than NCsoft. Unfortunately, ArenaNet is entirely owned by NCsoft, so the game is among their incomes (actually it's the only western game in the roster).

I really hope they'll leave ANet free, without putting their hands also on GW2.

On 17/11/2017 at 4:00 PM, Lenalyn-DN said:

You mustn't have played MxM if that's why you think it failed. Player opinions of MxM as a game (and a moba) were almost unanimously positive during the first few months after launch. It was praised as a fun and innovative change in the moba scene. Yes, there were a few bad weeks with latency issues, but that's not why the game ultimately died. You can blame poor marketing and some extremely questionable in-game event decisions for that.

You are right. Didn´t want to waste my time. I saw the videos on youtube and some comments. Many champions but In those videos all the people using the same few ones, so many lag issues. I played LOL and Dota in the past. Those issues were too big to even try it. I knew the fate of that game from the beggining, still sourprised me a little to fail that fast. 

The idea wasn´t totally bad. But nothing special. 

Poor marketing? maybe. But still is NCSoft, they do not need so much of that. They are famous and people knows about their new games. I showed videos to some friends who really like MOBAs and all of them said the same thing: "meh"

Archived