Fix enchantment rates, really... (some basic math inside)

ArmeniaX-KT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another update to our great battleground system. Dredgion... Well, lets skip the part that very nature of this "pvp" instance is to kill three mobs as fast as possible to get enchantment stones and then go afk (stupid right). Now we are being matched with teams that already started and killed their mobs, so the person that joined later cannot loot anything and just wasted its CD for nothing... So basically because of the system decision we have no chance to get a reward...

45 minutes ago, Kral-EK said:

Another update to our great battleground system. Dredgion... Well, lets skip the part that very nature of this "pvp" instance is to kill three mobs as fast as possible to get enchantment stones and then go afk (stupid right). Now we are being matched with teams that already started and killed their mobs, so the person that joined later cannot loot anything and just wasted its CD for nothing... So basically because of the system decision we have no chance to get a reward...

Then dont Quick Queue. That feature matches you with on-going matches in favour of putting you in faster. Go for a premade if you so want to get loot.

6 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

Where?

Closest thing I could find is this (implying they're already working on it before 6.2 launched). Kinda would make sense though, 6.5 launched pretty fast after 6.2 in Korea.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:14 PM, Hime said:

Very good questions. We are updating to 6.2, and of course, already planning for 6.5.

On 11/28/2018 at 3:44 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Some people are thinking that they are going to "get  geared" if rates are  increased or there are bigger avaidabillity of enchants.  

The peeople who  are ahead  of you now will  be  further aheead if  rates arer increased. Is just gear inflation. 

Unless only the rates of ancient stones on ancient gear is increased, and ONLY that,  no thanks.

In 6.5, rates of enchantment success rate on ancient gear are increasing by 20% (30% if you waste an ultimate stone on them).

Legendary gear gets a 3% increase, and do not apply when the old success rate is 5% (ancient stones on +9 or higher legendary and ultimate gears)

Ultimate gear do not get increases to enchantment success rates.

31 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Its kinda crazy that people would waste legendary stones from 8 to 10 on ancient gear. That right there should never happen.

It's kinda crazy that it can take 100 stones or more to get to +10. That should never happen on ancients.

Yet you seem to refuse to believe it happens.Until then, why do you think people won't try something that it theory should work better? It still often doesn't.

Its kinda crazy that people mind throwing 100 ancient stone (more like unlimited stone) or more to get to +10 when said stones are pretty useless on any other gear besides ancient grade. You do realise that once you are done with ancient grade (which happens like 46,716,655 AP and 930 fighting spirit fragments later), you are going to be flooded with ancient stones/genesis crystals right? Why do I think people won't try something that in theory should work better? Because as humans, I believe our species are intelligent enough to realise that ancient grade gear is merely the beginning of things (in case you didn't know we still have quite a marathon to run before full ultimate genesis which requires a crap load of legendary stones), and does not warrant the use of legendary stones, a rare commodity at +8 - +10 ancient grade. Please stop destroying my faith in humanity. :D

3 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Its kinda crazy that people mind throwing 100 ancient stone (more like unlimited stone) or more to get to +10 when said stones are pretty useless on any other gear besides ancient grade. You do realise that once you are done with ancient grade (which happens like 46,716,655 AP and 930 fighting spirit fragments later), you are going to be flooded with ancient stones/genesis crystals right? Why do I think people won't try something that in theory should work better? Because as humans, I believe our species are intelligent enough to realise that ancient grade gear is merely the beginning of things (in case you didn't know we still have quite a marathon to run before full ultimate genesis which requires a crap load of legendary stones), and does not warrant the use of legendary stones, a rare commodity at +8 - +10 ancient grade. Please stop destroying my faith in humanity. :D

Perhaps it is worth using Ancient Stones to go 10->11 on Legendary and Ultimate gears despite the 5% success chance. Legendary stones are 45%  (9 ancient stones), Ultimate stones are 42% (8.4 ancient stones).

Dregion is a poor source of enchant stones, most bags are ancient stones, and you are usually facing a much better opponent , so you are lucky to even get one bag, then you have to wait days to try again. I see no way to get Ultimate enchantment stones, only Ancient ones seem viable.

The crazy thing is once you have your Ancient PvP set, you no longer have a reason to do the camps and weekly quests, which were the main thing to do in the first month of 6.2, now Aion is quite boring. Did they really think about this in the design team? If so, then I fail to grasp the logic.

No viable source of Legendary stones

No viable source of Ultimate stones

No use for Ancinet stones long term.

No method of converting excess Ancient stones or Genesis Crystals to Legendary or Ultimate stones.

2 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Perhaps it is worth using Ancient Stones to go 10->11 on Legendary and Ultimate gears despite the 5% success chance. Legendary stones are 45%  (9 ancient stones), Ultimate stones are 42% (8.4 ancient stones).

Thank you for pointing out what me and hopefully many others have been doing.

13 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Of course they mind. Who wants to spend their time in game just farming for gear? and since you haven't walked through all the implications, take possibly  50-100 stones  multiplied by 2 full sets of gear multiplied by 2- to get through the tiers. That';s just for one set of PVE and one set of PVP gear. Of course, you could get lucky on some pieces of gear. Walk through those numbers in your head.

So, before you start presuming that you are the sole person who has spent any thought about this- STOP. You may have been fortunate with regards to RNG, I know other people also have- but many, any people have not. The gear progression and the enchantment rates have been very poorly implemented in this release.

On 30/11/2018 at 8:03 PM, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

In 6.5, rates of enchantment success rate on ancient gear are increasing by 20% (30% if you waste an ultimate stone on them).

Legendary gear gets a 3% increase, and do not apply when the old success rate is 5% (ancient stones on +9 or higher legendary and ultimate gears)

Ultimate gear do not get increases to enchantment success rates.

That actually  sounds pretty good.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, Shirayuki-DN said:

Its kinda crazy that people would waste legendary stones from 8 to 10 on ancient gear. That right there should never happen.

Kinda crazy that people don't read and then complain about faith in humanity. >.> also legendary stones are not a rare commodity and ancients don't do jack at +8 in reality but seem to work better from 11-13. Try again. buh-bye

On 1/12/2018 at 1:25 AM, Pharoahra-DN said:

It's kinda crazy. I wasted 10 legendary stones trying to get an ancient from 8 to +10 (because ancient stones never get me past +8) and it still only stopped at +9. That right there should never happen. 

I took my ancient wings to +10 with ancients only, I just let it do its thing since I had an abundance of them. I think it took as much as like 70 or something for that one item. Then I was taking the item to +12 with ancients (same way like before, failing a lot but not caring) and from +12 I would use legendary. I wasted 12 legendary stones and all failed either from +12->+13 or +13->+14... yes, not a single legendary stone could get an ancient item to +14 (even worse +15).

On 28/11/2018 at 10:44 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Some people are thinking that they are going to "get  geared" if rates are  increased or there are bigger avaidabillity of enchants.  

The peeople who  are ahead  of you now will  be  further aheead if  rates arer increased. Is just gear inflation. 

Unless only the rates of ancient stones on ancient gear is increased, and ONLY that,  no thanks.

As a matter of fact you will get geared because gear is capped now, at some point everyone will end up with ultimate +15, so if rates get fixed (and they do get fixed in 6.5) people will be able to progress, those who are ahead now will not be able to get any further ahead since the game limits you at some point.

Last night I asked this question on LFG but somehow nobody really knew how to reply to it, I got mixed answers. I've noticed that the crafted gear doesn't require enchanting (I hope I'm not wrong on this). Soooo what's the bad thing about the aetherforging gear besides they are missing some stats which the regular one has? Trying to figure out what's the best to do so I can get my PvP stuff going up since I'm actually good on PvE with my legendary set I've been farming. :3

1 hour ago, Nyali-DN said:

Last night I asked this question on LFG but somehow nobody really knew how to reply to it, I got mixed answers. I've noticed that the crafted gear doesn't require enchanting (I hope I'm not wrong on this). Soooo what's the bad thing about the aetherforging gear besides they are missing some stats which the regular one has? Trying to figure out what's the best to do so I can get my PvP stuff going up since I'm actually good on PvE with my legendary set I've been farming. :3

Yep they don't require enchanting. I guess the bad thing is they need to proc on the ultimate craft otherwise its crap though I might be wrong on the crap part since I just did a 5 minute comparison of the unprocced ultimate vs ancient genesis crystal gear. Then again if you get anything less than proc version you can just break it down for fighting spirit fragments which you need for genesis gear purification so all good. Its a good placeholder gear (a long term one too due to how long its going to take to get full ultimate genesis) I would suggest if you had kinah hoarded from pre 6.2 it might be a good idea to invest in procced ultimate gear.

On 3.12.2018 at 11:56 AM, Shirayuki-DN said:

Yep they don't require enchanting. I guess the bad thing is they need to proc on the ultimate craft otherwise its crap though I might be wrong on the crap part since I just did a 5 minute comparison of the unprocced ultimate vs ancient genesis crystal gear. Then again if you get anything less than proc version you can just break it down for fighting spirit fragments which you need for genesis gear purification so all good. Its a good placeholder gear (a long term one too due to how long its going to take to get full ultimate genesis) I would suggest if you had kinah hoarded from pre 6.2 it might be a good idea to invest in procced ultimate gear.

Thankies a lot for confirming what I've been thinking about and actually considering to do so at least on the PvP matter. :3 

On 12/3/2018 at 5:56 AM, Shirayuki-DN said:

That is if mats are less than ~500k ea. 

Archived