Enchant rate broken?

Sleights-KT

Since update to 6.7 i have noticed an enchantment rate drop.. U can easy enchant any item to 10+ but after that is a pain in *****, the enchantment rate drop drastically, it does not matter what type of stone you use, it will fail a lot.

well i know they had a bug about a month ago where the enchant rate reverted to a much lower version and had to compensate us enchant stones, and to  be honest the current rate is similar to the time where it was bugged.  was just wondering if @Cyan noticed.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:48 PM, Erreshkigal-DN said:

Used 13 ultimate enchantment stone and get my ulti gear +1 in past 2 weeks, but after main I got both 2 stone succussed so far, so really don't know

There is no difference between 6.2 and 6.5 rates on ultimate gear. So even if rates got messed up again, it would be irrelevant to your gear. See charts below for 6.2 vs 6.5 rates:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/6.0_Update_-_Enchanting_Rates

15 minutes ago, evK-KT said:

Used 27 legendary enchants in my ultimate pve weapon that was +10 already and i can't even pass from +12. Something is wrong with enchant rate again or was only unlucky?

You could've instead crafted 5 Ultimate stones. There is no reason to use Legendary stones once you get an ultimate piece to +12 or higher, when you can morph ultimate stones so easily. Also failing to get past +12 with 27 stones doesn't seem crazy or out of place based on my experience enchanting in 6.5. Take my advice save yourself the frustration of going backwards and morph ultis once you hit +12 or higher.

Based on the table in the previous post 42% chance of success, you would need to be very lucky to get to +15 using legendary stones.

Try using legendary to +12 (or 13 if u lucky) then swap to ultimate, at least then wen you fail it wont go back to 10, and you will probably end up using less stones overall.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:31 PM, Sleights-KT said:

I've tried to enchant a few legendary pieces and since maintenance and cant even get them over +1,  did they revert the enchanting rate again?

Talking about this yet again, the old rates are not very different for legendary gear, and not different for ultimate gear at all, the only significant changes were on ancient gear only.

If you are not enchanting ancient gear, the difference is not big enough for you to see the difference by enchanting one or two pieces.

• Aion Team

This thread comes up every now and then. I wanted to let you guys know that we have double checked the reports and we're not finding an issue. The rates are as they should be.

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

This thread comes up every now and then. I wanted to let you guys know that we have double checked the reports and we're not finding an issue. The rates are as they should be.

I've been trying to enchant my boots Legendary shoes that are still at +14 the "ultimate enchantment Stone" broke 3-4 times already.... ultimate means:
200 Ancient PvP enchantment stones, 10,000,000+ Kinah and 400 Coins (XP+Kinah)

I am STUCk since 3+ weeks... as its not that easy to get stones... and it hurts :(

its impossible to get ancient items to +15 with ancient stones anymore, i spent ~400 stones on 1 piece and didnt even get +13 once, so do my friends, rates seems not changed since bug after path e.e . Getting lege to +5 with ancient is hard af now too

3 minutes ago, Fukashi-DN said:

its impossible to get ancient items to +15 with ancient stones anymore, i spent ~400 stones on 1 piece and didnt even get +13 once, so do my friends, rates seems not changed since bug after path e.e . Getting lege to +5 with ancient is hard af now too

I have enchanted 3 pieces of ancient gear to +15 on the last hour, and although a little painfull, it doesn't take that many at all.

my luck never existed, but even in last patch it was only taking 40-50 stones per piece, now seems like i can't pass +12, and legend stones fail me on +13 all the time :D one of the reasons why i just gave up on upgrading pvp gear lol

I had a similar enchanting problem. Trying to getGenesis wings from +10 to +15 with 68 ancient stones and 8 legend and got to +10, +10 ring used approx ancient180 stones and 8 legend on a ring and ended with +10.

Was this broken only for Danaria server and the reason for unexpected shutdown?

I have also seen this crap enchant rate. Also before anyone starts quoting the % rate differences from 6.2 to 6.5 yes i know ultimate gear has no change and legendary is only 3%. Ancient gear last time I tried it after they fixed the rates it seemed fine but its been ridiculous to try and enchant legendary at +10 and higher and ultimate gear as well. the fail rate is insane. I failed 4 ultimate on a legendary at +13 and 5 attempts on an +12 ultimate all broke and this isn't even spamming them (spamming is usually much worse). Really wish the rates be adjusted or make the damn stones a bit easier to get. Fighting spirit fragments are a pain to come by when you also need them to upgrade and to spend so many on making stones to constantly fail is demoralizing. Add the crap rate you get a purple stone from your instance bags and seeing a ultimate stone outside of synthesis is like seeing a unicorn or Trumps taxes.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:17 AM, Euphoria-DN said:

I have also seen this crap enchant rate. Also before anyone starts quoting the % rate differences from 6.2 to 6.5 yes i know ultimate gear has no change and legendary is only 3%. Ancient gear last time I tried it after they fixed the rates it seemed fine but its been ridiculous to try and enchant legendary at +10 and higher and ultimate gear as well. the fail rate is insane. I failed 4 ultimate on a legendary at +13 and 5 attempts on an +12 ultimate all broke and this isn't even spamming them (spamming is usually much worse). Really wish the rates be adjusted or make the damn stones a bit easier to get. Fighting spirit fragments are a pain to come by when you also need them to upgrade and to spend so many on making stones to constantly fail is demoralizing. Add the crap rate you get a purple stone from your instance bags and seeing a ultimate stone outside of synthesis is like seeing a unicorn or Trumps taxes.

This happens to everyone, but that's what separates lt/srs players from newer/cas ones. It'd be trivial if anyone can just waltz in with a new 80s char and be full +15 ultis in 1-2 months. That would just make the game even more boring bc there's no end game to work towards, so they'd have to keep pumping out new contents faster or lose bored players. It's a good balance between having to work for things, yet it not being so impossible that people just quit (people don't often quit because they can't succeed enchant as the reason). This is the nature of an MMORPG anyways. Plus, if they made it easier, it'd be unfair to all the previous people who burned the effort and kinah into getting their gear +15.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give this topic a bump because I'm convinced there is something going on with the current rates. I just recently used 36 legendary stones getting my legendary shoulders from +10 to +12, after which I gave up using legendaries and used 4 ultimates to get them to +15. I'm now having the same problem with my legendary gloves, where I have now used 16 legendary stones and haven't had them go past +11, currently still at +10. A while ago I was able to get legendary items to +13 relatively easily with legendary stones, but now it seems near impossible just to get them to +12... 

I have said many times.. since 6.7 update the enchantment rate going after 10+ on ancient, legendary, etc... its a pain in ***, going from 1-10 I don't see it that bad.. but from 11-15 you spent too much stones.. it does not matter which you use, it will fail a lot.

Archived