New map too big for NA aion

GenericUser7135

@BEAT-DNWhat reason is there to be in open world that does not include people trading kills with their own alts for weeklies/dailies? 

KT is the exact same as DN so how would merging 2 servers of players that do not want to populate the open world be this issue. Not trolling btw genuinely do not understand how a merge will fix the issues.

oh i dont know about not running into the opposing faction,  im constantly being killed in the new area, im damn lucky if i can even get 1 quest done without a  high ranking officer ruuning up on me and taking me out  in a few hits. tbh i think iive only finished 2 alter quests and 2 lebo's all week, not even worth my time to go out there if i cant do anything.

Maybe I am too nostalgic, but I like it. It reminds me a lot to Tiamaranta. A shared fortress in the middle with both factions in "neutral zone", doors for both sides, the volcanic areas... 

I guess in the same way that the old tiamaranta in pvp times, we will see some pvp on the doors. Or, didn´t tried yet, those npcs are similar to the shulacs in the old Danaria and we can not attack other people near them. So we will have pvp in some important roads. Or like happened in Idian Depths people will attack on those moments when the npcs move out for a while and will use them to make the other players to be attacked by them. 

I know that now everything looks like to big for the people we have, and I know we are so few compared with 3.X - 4.X times, but even on those times, most of those maps were almost deserted. The players usually are near the cities, instances entries and important places. 

The only thing I dislike about it is the intense obstacle type of map, Lakrum is more open from one spot to another, Demaha is like a one way, every region is kept separated from the others via rows of mountains. There are still areas in the new map I never bothered going, there are no camps quests like Lakrum on a daily basis and plenty of altars share same quest.

1 hour ago, Kingofsexy-DN said:

All maps are empty because there is no reward for doing anything on these maps. Quest mobs not dropping anything is not a good addition to this game, it is deterring any need besides quests for players to go out in to any map. 

I would think the reasoning behind the quest mobs not dropping mats is to keep botters or campers from farming mobs that people need for quests. Do you remember how in 6.something the devs took away all drops from the initial mobs in Lakrum? It was very tough to finish those initial quests because of the competition for those mobs from bots and players looking to farm mats in a safer environment. 

It will become very quickly known where the real farming areas are and those looking for PvP will go there.

Yes, anyone who pays attention or can google "where to farm in 7.0" knows where to go to farm, however if you yourself go take a stroll to those spots you will see there's no one there to kill. Also, have you personally tried to farm those areas? It's incredibly inefficient compared to anything in last patch. I would prefer if every mob dropped something and bots were everywhere, because then I would at least see more than one elyos every two hours.

Oh sure. Not arguing the mats are more difficult to farm. Last patch I would go right outside of archon while waiting for someone to login for 6 mans and kill mobs and get tons of mats. So no doubt mat farming is harder.

Though I am not worried about no one being in those spots yet. It's just the first week and people haven't really settled in. It seems right now people are flitting around like butterflies looking at all the new stuff and haven't really settled down into the true grind yet.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Oh sure. Not arguing the mats are more difficult to farm. Last patch I would go right outside of archon while waiting for someone to login for 6 mans and kill mobs and get tons of mats. So no doubt mat farming is harder.

Though I am not worried about no one being in those spots yet. It's just the first week and people haven't really settled in. It seems right now people are flitting around like butterflies looking at all the new stuff and haven't really settled down into the true grind yet.

This sums it up pretty much. I know I've been doing a lot of exploring visiting areas I didn't on my Korea or EU acct's. In addition, while things are broke I created a new acct in order to play a Vandal without deleting any of my established characters I've a lot of time and $$ invested in so I'm also leveling her atm. She's on KT and oddly enough has the same name, Aieryn, lol. However with the KT crash that just happened my leveling got put on hold.

I don't think the map is too big at all. As someone else said it kinda reminds me of Tiamaranta a lil. and I like that it has a lot of mountains I can jump off of, lol.

I haven't run into any trouble meeting the other side. *shrug* People are out there. Just gotta run quests long enough to do so. 

The problem is a lot of the Lakrum rewards were boosted and I think a lot of people are still trying to squeeze as much as they can out of that. (For example, you get cubicles with your weeklies rather than just the stones, and some of the lootable equipment was improved.) You're gonna have a hard time pulling people from that as they try to gear up.

On 29/08/2019 at 11:05 AM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Data/World/zonemap.xml (extracted)

Things in Cygnea / Signia, Enshar / Vengar, and Lakrum is a lot more spread out compared to Demaha / Dumaha.

is there a possibility of that information being wrongly displayed in the zonemap file? Because the maps feels HUGE if compared to any other map!

1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

is there a possibility of that information being wrongly displayed in the zonemap file? Because the maps feels HUGE if compared to any other map!

It's probably just an impression, because you can see very far in Demaha (through the whole desert) with the right graphics, in all other maps there's a ton of obstacles.

12 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Hard to understand then. We walk sometimes for like 15 minutes to find a single person. Where is  everybody ?

I don't know but there aren't many players around in this game anymore. Yesterday, a bit before 7PM server time, KT had 19% of the server capacity and DN 14% of the server capacity. 

2 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

I don't know but there aren't many players around in this game anymore. Yesterday, a bit before 7PM server time, KT had 19% of the server capacity and DN 14% of the server capacity. 

Its like 2 week on the patch. There SHOULD be more people playing.

Data/World/zonemap.xml (extracted)

Things in Cygnea / Signia, Enshar / Vengar, and Lakrum is a lot more spread out compared to Demaha / Dumaha.

Can you tell us what is the size of pandemonium or a map like the marchutan academy ?

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

@TheSecretCowLeve-KT, on Korea, in the lugbug mission screen, there's a third bar that we don't have here.

Do you know if this is only for subscription players, or any detail about the prizes there ? I'll post a pic so you can see it.

Zi9Mbrt.png

Those are for events, you can see the specific ones from the screenshot at the very bottom of the last tab (Event) here -> https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Lugbug_Missions

Fairly sure even f2p can access that tab, although the bottom part with the wrapped-up gifts might be a sub-only feature.

Archived