Game Teams Request - Feedback

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Kibbelz, a new CM here on Aion. I’m quite new to Aion PC, but since 7.5 deployed I’ve been seeing your feedback from a birds-eye and felt a post like this might be in order.

First, let me begin by saying in my few weeks working with our development and production teams, it’s already clear to me that they genuinely care about your feedback and are interested in making what changes they can after receiving it. I will acknowledge that “what changes they can” is quite vague, but I hope to be able to define it in greater detail for you as I get to know the game and our issues here better.

With that in mind, I wanted to share that a recent initiative the team is taking on is to improve the experience of existing players. As a CM, it felt totally appropriate to bring this topic to you all to get some feedback. So, I’d like to ask:

What are your biggest pain points in Aion?

My hope is that from the feedback you provide– we might be able to clearly identify areas that need attention. This might prove to only be a preliminary question, but my hope is that it gets us on the right track. However, at this stage, we’ll want to focus more on problems than solutions. As you might guess, certain solutions are much more difficult than others, but if we can address the problem, then hopefully it can improve things.

This is a first attempt on my part – so I hope you’ll partner with me to make this initiative as successful as possible! We look forward to seeing what you have to say and discussing what might be possible on our end to address your feedback.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now my biggest gripe with the game is the inability to reroll runestone slots. 

I've opened countless wings / bracelets / plumes trying to get an attack slot and have yet to get one from either farming bloodmarks or opening cruel demaha. I understand its all RNG but ffs 30 + acc open and nada... Kind of a joke IMO

I want to see events that give Ultimate Transformation Contracts. There's a huge gap between people who simply got lucky and got Ultimate off of 2 combinations and the ones who got it by spending tons of $$, and the people who are still stuck with Legendary Transforms. It's been almost 2 years since the system got introduced, yet the majority of the playerbase that plays daily still has Legendaries. Even an event with a good amount of Legendary contracts should be enough.

Also I really hope we'll get Rebirth Manastone Fasteners ( [item: 166418001] ), it's such a good item to have and an amazing QoL improvement. Personally, I know a friend who has 2 Starlight Bracelets with the Runestone slot he doesn't need, meaning he has to go get the Bracelet and materials again and hope to get a good slot.

Finishing off, these are some good rewards to include: Daeva Skill Boxes/Daeva essences, Refining Stones/Sanctifying Potions, and Shining Gemstones (Choosable), and dare I say Dazzling Gemstones

Unforgiving RNG.

Examples:

1. The endgame pve instance bosses are difficult (obviously) and required special cubics. Some of them are doable with just the gold and silver cubics. However, others would be much more accessible by the general public if we could get platinum cubics. To buy the platinum cubics with in game currency is pure RNG and VERY overpriced. We could spend so much in game currency and get the cubics we don't even want. (Solution: Either lower the price or make the bundles selectable and/or put selectable cubics bundles on the BCM for a fair price.)

2. We spend months collecting A-rank minium to slowly level up our A-rank minions. We get 4 of them to the highest level and then try to combine for an S-rank minion -- only to fail. Months of work down the drain. (Solution: Increase the percentage of success and/or make A-rank minium fall from the sky AND A-rank minions.)

3. We spend hours each week inside PFHM and IDDHM, attempting to get those accessories, and when we beat the bosses, it is RNG if there will even be an accessory inside the box. The percentages are low -- probably a 20% chance to get the accessory. And THEN, when we finally DO get the accessory, we have MORE RNG to try to get the correct runestone/gemstone, thus possibly resulting in hours wasted in these instances. And that's for those of us who can even BEAT those bosses; many people cannot. (Solution: See above notes about platinum cubics and/or increase the RNG percentage for getting accessories and/or give us the item that allows us to retune runestone/gemstone slots.)

There's a lot to be said here so going to keep it simple. Team should play the game for a month or so, start from scratch and try to progress to end game. Know the game and that will get the team all the feedback they search. Thanks 

What are your biggest pain points in Aion?

: The fact that there is absolutely no way to obtain an extendable weapon.

As a returned gamer who plays a melee character, it sucks that in the current patch, there is no way to have an extendable weapon to truly enjoy the game.

Yes, RNG is a big issue as well when it comes to enchanting or combining minions/transforms, but at least there is a chance.  Currently there is zero chance to get an extendable weapon.

In Korea, they did an event where they sold extendable weapon boxes in BCM.  I hope to see this event happen in NA too.  P2W? sure, I have money and I will pay for it.

End game content standpoint

1) Ultimate Transformation (even put the pot in BCM for 20-80 nc coin each)

2) A rank Minium (it  takes 2  months worth of resetting daily to have  a CHANCE to get an S rank)

3) Platinum cubic (It's been introduced to the game since  7.0 and there are NO WAY of obtaining it other than pity 10 cubic a week)

I cannot stress this enough, Ultimate transformation. People enjoy the game a lot  more when you're fighting someone with equal footing :)

Ultimate transform. Some classes(SWs) are literally useless without them. Class skill balances revolves around them and with each patch more nerfs are applied making them w/o them much more worse. Legend transforms aren't even  a match against att speed classes since they cap so easy. Even the new legend transforms that were added in 7.5 are useless. Still not even close to reaching attack/cast speed cap. 

Renown npc at higher levels sell close to 100% junk. 15 marks for a shard which takes 100 to make the new transforms. 1500 marks x 500k (700m) and yet the class I play is still shit with it. 

Stigmas. 20% x 20% x 20% x 20% x 20%x 20% to get +15. Are we expected to collect 2-5 stigmas per week for like 3 years to get one to +15? Can't cast skill because of low cast speed %, can't do any damage because of no supply, yet keep nerfing for the 3-4 people who have these in game. 

Runestone and gemstone.... remove the corrupt state for them. They're already hard enough to get especially dazzlings. Or add them after +8. When you fail 3-4 times, it cost just as much to fix them as to the amount used to enchant and it failing. What happened to non-destructible items after 5.8??? No one even bothered with the paragon stuff. 

Broker fee.... 

Full patch update. We only for like 2/3 of 7.5. Didn't get the 2nd skill update. No fix that came late in 7.5 for retuning bursting accs from Aoa. 

Cost of bcm items........

yeah.. theres plenty more

1. Luna retuning cost has been too high since its been introduced

2$ a retune is absolutely insane

2. Platinum cubics are impossible to get and an important factor in the game especially for PFHM 4th boss and the new instance that eventually comes in 7.7

Having platinum cubic that is easily obtainable will allow even players who are not the greatest to run instances that are too difficult for them

3. Are new apostle transforms even obtainable atm can they be gotten by combining or is it broken like when we got the new transforms back in 6.2

The current xp rate is a joke , we need to have better xp from quest and farming mobs in open world. Farming xp marks at the moment is a full time job it shouldnt be so hard to fill a full xp bar. Maybe add regular xp to quests that only give renown xp atm that would help greatly and it would feel more rewarding 

2 minutes ago, Eikure-DN said:

3. Are new apostle transforms even obtainable atm can they be gotten by combining or is it broken like when we got the new transforms back in 6.2

The only way to get the new apostle is by combining the shards you get from renown vendors , you cannot get em by combining old legendaries or first batch of apostles.

1. Ulti xforms , its a neccesary item for this game and to be competitive
2. Open World drops like GF, sometimes when u are bored u wanna do something but .... theres no content to do
3. Make PVE worth it. Add Kinah and useful items to the drop in some instances that no one does (Stella,BE, etc) examp. in GF those instances can drop leg, ancient transf shards
4. Legendary Breath of Tranformation. let us buy one for free every month not every two months :) since we can buy legendary shards now in lakrum lvl 8 
5. EXP, we can't even farm enough exp to craft marks of exp , imagine to craft bobo coins ... 
6. add new recipes to craft new items ... (sanctity potions and refinement stones 7.5 items)
7. Events , we need more events , sadly aion is a old game that only good events can keep it active :) 

18 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Runestone and gemstone.... remove the corrupt state for them. They're already hard enough to get especially dazzlings. Or add them after +8. When you fail 3-4 times, it cost just as much to fix them as to the amount used to enchant and it failing. What happened to non-destructible items after 5.8??? No one even bothered with the paragon stuff. 

^ i like this ,when my gemstones are in corrupt state i get so mad ZzZ

1. Hackers 
  2. Hackers
  3. RNG (enchant system/drop rate)
  4. Instance Cubic system??? This is bizarre, enchant your gear to +15, slot manastone, and guess what?! you need cubic to defeat endgame boss.  The game should be based on mechanics and equipment.

Hello.

1- I want to start with the sieges schedule, which should be changed as soon as possible, and remember ALTAR DEMAHA Time 1 hours before than main siege please.

2- We need free events, that leave at least close to the full p2w

3- We need more insentives for pvp, this version is all achieved with pve, which kills the essence of the game.

4- Shop for prestige users, items we have are absurdly high prices

5- Facilities to achieve transformations, and improvement in the fusions RNG

6 white = green 100%
6 green = yellow 95%
6 yellow = 75% purple
6 purple = 1000000% = ultimate xD or just 60% its ok.

6- Again best itens pvp u take with PVE ... omg, need change it with some event or something so you can get with pvp too.

7- more attetion with players, we are not many anymore, so value those you have well.

8- change the arena system, players who leave during the time count, lose points too. To avoid the leaves 

I think this version is so good, need more attetion for some details.

Ty all.

1. ultimate transformation event ( many players need it and waiting it )

2. stigma enchant event ( many players need stigmas event again )

3. S rank minion event ( many players still use A rank )

4. wb weapon box event ( many players if they are not in BIG legion they can't have wb boss weapon they can't kill any wb in this game )

ALL WE NEED THANK YOU ! PLEASE DO SOME USEFULL AND TAKE OUR FEEDBACK ! WE CAN P2W BUT WE WANNA SPEND MONEY ON WHAT WE REALLY NEED.

I've played aion since 3.5, and since then I can say some things that amaze me about the game, as well as things that make me deeply angry.

● I believe that the first case would be the extreme RNG that has the game, basically everything in the game is based on the RNG, from the loot to the possibility of socketing a manastone. This is frustrating, as it is public knowledge, the RNG does not play on your team. you need a lot of stufs to be able to reach your goal. like to charm a stigma or a weapon ..

● the excess of PAY TO WIN event. I understand that the server needs to survive somehow, but if you sell this way it is a sad thing. Ppl of the server is looking for a way to farm his equipment hard while others accept the path that the server itself offers, with events that benefit from buying items at the store.

● Honestly, I don't like the way you can enchant this patch, it used to be so simple, and extremely accessible to everyone. t was enough to break a piece of equipment and the enchantment was there, today you need to make such a big task to get something that was once so simple. That delay / complications of being able to generate the above problem, P2W.

● There should be an easier way to get a legendary transformations, because today without transformation, not much is done. Perhaps a transformation event, or a way to get it in a more accessible way, there is a modest abyss between old and new players. that doesnt have an adequate transformation. And nowadays, to get a legendary transformation, it takes a long time (months) and you need to be lucky (hope that RNG be your friend).

● return the trade. I honestly understand that the fact that you guys  removed it was to contain / stop the illegal sale of kinah, but that doesn't make sense. There are other ways to combat them without disrupting the game market. "Ah but there is the broker!" There is, but the broker charges a very high fee and this makes the players always lose, because the product traded is never paid properly. Ex. A product traded at 100kk, 2,582,210 will be the broker's fee to advertise it and 12,911,050 will be the broker's transaction fee, this leaves you with 87,088,950. It is unfair that most pay for half a dozen nyerk want to do shit on the server.

because there were too many rubbish ptw event ppl quiting now.
how many ppl can spend $1000 for one skin? think about it if you are GM, its break game balance.

I'd like to spend $1000 on BCM for stigmas enchant stones for my ALL alt charaters (1k each no problem)
I'd like to spend $1000 for ultimate transformations or spend more

BUT I dont wanna spend $1000 for one weapon skin, I know some ppl like it and they can pay for it, BUT how many ppl can do that?

Archived