Weekly Server Maintenance - August 5, 2020

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone, below are the maintenance notes for tomorrow. Expect downtime to last from 4am - 6:45am PT, though as always these are estimates. 

Content Changes

• Celestial Armory and Balaurea Reborn will end.
  • Frosty Fever Event will begin. Collect frosty treats and use them for buffs, or trade them in for special rewards!

Gameplay Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where item resurrection was unintentionally enabled in certain areas of Altar of Ascension.
  • Fixed a display-only issue where one of the GP season rewards would not display when moused over.

On a side note, we look forward to providing another update on your feedback early next week. We'll have details to share on Siege Schedule Changes, among other things. Also, here's some cute/ridiculous from the web ^_^

fXUPlzE.jpeg

beSLSGo.jpg

nrlRa83.jpeg

Its 2020 and 7.5 but the events feels like 6.0 rewards lol ancient transformation contract ?? if i was near NCSOFT i slap the devs one by one... GIVE US GOOD DAMN EVENT ITS NEAR ANNIVERSARY AND I CANT FKING FEEL LIKE WERE ON IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If u damn say the other events are good .. NO ITS NOT !!! ITS FKING PAY 2 WIN !!! its no fun .. its not like an real event !! i wish i could be excited again with aion events .. but damn i cant right now !!! the world is fcked up and so aion NA is ...

How long is the maintenance and anything on the Arena of Discipline rewards for February to May, Kibbelz you said this was something you were gonna see if it was low hanging fruit.

Also there is a game breaking bug where one of the DP skills for Aethertech, the blue one which costs a lot of DP it sometimes doesn’t work when you press it cause somehow you can resist the skill, and same would go for ranger, where they resist the immobilise.

@Kibbelz

unknown.png

This is good keep this up with every event. Do not make players have to choose between playing with a group or playing alone to get the event reward. If you keep making the loot party loot then players will know NCwest are listening to us even if it is something so minor in the grand scheme of the Aion issues. 

I understand not everyone LOVES this event, mainly that it seems sort of 6.0 ish. But I think its great, maybe the contracts could be different, but in my opinion this event wasnt intended for end game players. Its more so toward newer, and returning players or players just gearing up. To get the good end game rewards, like the paragon stone, kinah, contracts etc its the most expensive reward. But for the more simple stuff like stigma enchant stones and dev essence, its easier to be obtained. For those types of players players, I feel getting an ancient transformation is their first step anyways. I applaud NCsoft for this event, its really the event ive been hoping for. An event, that can be farmed and gives out stigma enchant stones. With the new increase rate for enchanting stigmas, this event is major. I dont know what the drop rate is for the Ice Cream Cones on alts, but from what it looks like so far, its a good event. A step in the right direction. 

10 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I understand not everyone LOVES this event, mainly that it seems sort of 6.0 ish. But I think its great, maybe the contracts could be different, but in my opinion this event wasnt intended for end game players. Its more so toward newer, and returning players or players just gearing up. To get the good end game rewards, like the paragon stone, kinah, contracts etc its the most expensive reward. But for the more simple stuff like stigma enchant stones and dev essence, its easier to be obtained. For those types of players players, I feel getting an ancient transformation is their first step anyways. I applaud NCsoft for this event, its really the event ive been hoping for. An event, that can be farmed and gives out stigma enchant stones. With the new increase rate for enchanting stigmas, this event is major. I dont know what the drop rate is for the Ice Cream Cones on alts, but from what it looks like so far, its a good event. A step in the right direction. 

Ok , in your opinion its better .. its ur opinion and i wont take that away from you .. what ?? its good for them ? imagine ur a beginner and u need to went through gears enchanting + stigma enchanting + getting and upgrading minion S + Gem stone enchanting + rune stone enchanting + daevanation skill enchanting , getting ultimate legendary now as an xform is the regular thing should player have at this day forward seeing tons of ultimate xforms bother me so much and seeing a newbie with ancient transformation is worst and sucks. if i was a newbie seeing this huge pay 2 win gap will make me quit right away

9 hours ago, Yuweh-KT said:

FYI this devs are not even trying to recruit new players .. they are just trying to gain money in a dirty way .. if they really care to players they will put a good event for f2p and p2w players but they suck on making one .. Just some show off devs to their management .. 

There is nothing dirty about the way they get money from people. It is blatant p2progress. How is something that is to blatant dirty? You are just so salty at the state of the game you are looking for things that the company is not doing. 

Owh tell that to me again if they aint selling enchantment stones and other stuffs that a regular player cant afford ... For me i got an easy way out from their dirt but what about the others and they are not few.. Yeah i understand they wanna gain money but do it the damn right way !! dont be a greedy nyerk that will sell stuffs that not appropriate to sell in BCM and make an event out of it so they can make a selfish claim like your claim that theres nothing wrong about it !! tell you whats wrong .. its wrong that seeing them making the game i love unplayable .. if you enjoy blowing their balls off dont expect others to like what their doing cause in my perspective its very wrong 

who wasn't not into making money in this era .. but please think more of the people who just wanna enjoy the game with having less hustle and putting up a good event that making them improve without spending so much money could be also good.. right now their motives is just making money without thinking what others . they can put an event with this stigma thing making it less expensive and giving good RNG to all players but look what have they done ? they put low RNG to it so they can gain more and more money to players who is no choice to spend because the game went to hard pay 2 win game .. stop thinking of ur self u damn SQUID SQUIRT ..if its me i can do better but most of my friends quit cause the game went shitty and seeing them try it for awhile and go is hard .. i hope they can enjoy this game as i did ..

37 minutes ago, Yuweh-KT said:

Owh tell that to me again if they aint selling enchantment stones and other stuffs that a regular player cant afford ... For me i got an easy way out from their dirt but what about the others and they are not few.. Yeah i understand they wanna gain money but do it the damn right way !! dont be a greedy nyerk that will sell stuffs that not appropriate to sell in BCM and make an event out of it so they can make a selfish claim like your claim that theres nothing wrong about it !! tell you whats wrong .. its wrong that seeing them making the game i love unplayable .. if you enjoy blowing their balls off dont expect others to like what their doing cause in my perspective its very wrong 

Like i said blatant p2progress nothing dirty nothing secretive, nothing hidden. They want 1000s of $ from you if you want to progress with-in the same patch that gear releases. If you can not afford 1000s of $'s then wait for the OP events to become relevant again. It is not dirty it is a tactic to make you want to spend money and it works.

30 minutes ago, Yuweh-KT said:

who wasn't not into making money in this era .. but please think more of the people who just wanna enjoy the game with having less hustle and putting up a good event that making them improve without spending so much money could be also good.. right now their motives is just making money without thinking what others . they can put an event with this stigma thing making it less expensive and giving good RNG to all players but look what have they done ? they put low RNG to it so they can gain more and more money to players who is no choice to spend because the game went to hard pay 2 win game .. stop thinking of ur self u damn SQUID SQUIRT ..if its me i can do better but most of my friends quit cause the game went shitty and seeing them try it for awhile and go is hard .. i hope they can enjoy this game as i did ..

If i was thinking about myself i would be QQing for OP events because i am probably behind even you. 650+ stigma's only got me 5 +9 stigma's. Recently i got my 6th +9 but that was just through sheer spending billions of kinah on the broker till it finally succeeded. I fail 15+ ultimate stones from 13-15 on almost every piece of legendary gear and struggle to even get gear to 13 with legendary stones. Combined 32 ancient contracts in batches of 4 instead of 6(my fault) and got 0 legendary contracts. I still use some legendary items or red PvE accessories so i can get the heal boost on them.

You name it i struggled with it as much or if not more than most of the Aion community.. Had to have all my PvE gear donated to me from other runs because my runs were always dry to the point my friends are convinced i am Lady Siel's cursed child.  

The difference is there is a bigger issue then just giving people free stuff because it does not help the population of the game. Aion's issue is if you are not at end game the playable options are so bad that it is not even worth playing and just waiting it out for good events. I think that is wrong. That is the dirty side of Aion. The content with-in the game is so un-worth it that people QQ all the time on the forums looking for better events just to progress at all when all this energy should be directed to making the content more playable so people want to stay with the game because events have not been doing shit for this game and that is why players are leaving. 

Ok i may of gone off in to a bit of a rant about stuff that had nothing to do with what you said but...ahh well.

8 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I'm inclined to agree for as far as I'm concerned the event looks OK in print, no p2w component, and appears geared towards the catch up and new/renew crowd so stop complaining if your well beyond that.

6 hours ago, Nameer-KT said:

@Kibbelz @Loki Lol where's legendary transformation contract and enchatment stone? I just see ancient only! 

That was no guarantee, just a suggest that Kibbelz said he passed along to the dev team to decide. If it does happen, it probably wont me implemented until next week (if at all).

2 hours ago, Anjo-KT said:

There are so many better ways to get the rewards from the event without actually participating in the event...

Trade-in prices should be much lower... who makes these events???

I havent checked the rates for Ice Cream cones, but id say they seem decent. If the chance for an ice cream cone to drop is 5%... well then,  that may be something else. Id rather stick with these prices. You might of saw what happens when NCsoft thinks prices are "too low" during events (Like the Tia Eye event a year or two ago). 

20 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

*snip*

beSLSGo.jpg

All the Shibas!

And I agree. The rewards for the event seem a little 6.0-ish. Help to those who are just starting or returning, but not a lot of help for your bread and butter players who have stuck with you.

Archived