KT Gains Advantage over DN Players

Rag-DN

Before any KT people jump down my throat, first I do want to say I acknowledge that it sucks that your server is still bugging out and having issues. It would drive me nuts also, however;

With NCwest now restarting your server without taking down DN it's giving an unfair advantage. KT players literally are getting double the CDs now if they run their instances after reset. That means they will gain Cubics, AP, and gear twice as fast as us. It also might mean they get world boss spawns more often as those timers might also get reset with the server as well. 

Today they had to reset KT. I hate to be this guy, but it is being talked about among  DN players how this is an unfair advantage.

@Kibbelz can you bring this concern to the Dev team? I mean I know we already been through this discussion/debate before but seems like we're going in a circle and have to have it again since the servers went to AWS host. Please and thank you.  

Don't you feel like NC already has enough important issues they are(n't) dealing with?  Why are you worried about a hypothetical issue of unfairness?  This was not the normal bug KT players experience after 4 days of NPCS disappearing/objects being unclickable.  The KT server literally crashed out of the blue and went offline.

I can't believe this is seriously being talked about as an unfair advantage, seeing that....

1. The server reset for KT  took place less than 24 hours after weekly maintenance meaning there wasn't much time for instance CDs to even be used.  How many instances do you think people on KT ran in less than 24 hours that gives KT players the advantage of gaining cubics, AP, gear, omg the sky is falling, etc.?  Maybe it was different on DN last night, but there were almost no recruit group messages on KT-A side yesterday.  Everyone is/was burnt out from the Halloween event.

2. When KT server gets the 4 day bug, DN gets restarted as well.

3. Since DN didn't randomly crash like KT did, players from DN who were currently in instances during the crash didn't lose their CDs.

But to @Rag-DN and the other players of DN that are so worried about fairness.... why don't you all talk about how when KT bugs and KT players can't run instances because NPCs and objects are unclickable... while KT players wait around... while it takes NC up to TEN HOURS like last time to reset the server... all this while, DN players can continue to run instances and fully use their CDs... how is THAT fair?

Ya'll have the better end of the deal and you are still here complaining.  What in the actual nyerk?!  LOL  Sad.

2 minutes ago, Audre-KT said:

Don't you feel like NC already has enough important issues they are(n't) dealing with?  Why are you worried about a hypothetical issue of unfairness?  This was not the normal bug KT players experience after 4 days of NPCS disappearing/objects being unclickable.  The KT server literally crashed out of the blue and went offline.

I can't believe this is seriously being talked about as an unfair advantage, seeing that....

1. The server reset for KT  took place less than 24 hours after weekly maintenance meaning there wasn't much time for instance CDs to even be used.  How many instances do you think people on KT ran in less than 24 hours that gives KT players the advantage of gaining cubics, AP, gear, omg the sky is falling, etc.?  Maybe it was different on DN last night, but there were almost no recruit group messages on KT-A side yesterday.  Everyone is/was burnt out from the Halloween event.

2. When KT server gets the 4 day bug, DN gets restarted as well.

3. Since DN didn't randomly crash like KT did, players from DN who were currently in instances during the crash didn't lose their CDs.

But to @Rag-DN and the other players of DN that are so worried about fairness.... why don't you all talk about how when KT bugs and KT players can't run instances because NPCs and objects are unclickable... while KT players wait around... while it takes NC up to TEN HOURS like last time to reset the server... all this while, DN players can continue to run instances and fully use their CDs... how is THAT fair?

Ya'll have the better end of the deal and you are still here complaining.  What in the actual nyerk?!  LOL  Sad.

It was never implied that NCsoft doesn't have bigger fish to fry, however, NCwest has a TEAM of workers to take care of issues. The running joke lately is NCsoft can only deal with 1 issue at a time and even that is a struggle for them.

I feel the NCstaff, truly I do because it feels like every few hours a new bug/glitch/issue is being born. If it's too much to handle though maybe it's time for whoever is in charge of NCwest to say, "Hmm maybe we need to hire some more Dev team workers to work on these issues, OR see if we can pull fixes from other Aion Hosts like Korea or EU."  

Also yes, it does suck for KT players and it's not fair that they are dealing with these issues, but there are a good amount of people that know that KT bugs so they log in on reset day, spam everything they possibly can then just wait for the server to Crash or bug. I know because I'm friends with several people that do this. Lots of them even made DN alts to mess around on while they wait for their KT mains to get resets.

@Rag-DN None of anything you just said changes the fact that there is no unfairness to DN players over KT players at the moment, only the PERCIEVED unfairness you're feeling.

The KT server issues are far worse for the players of KT, bottom line, the server bug issue effect the players of KT more than they effect the players of DN.

You should be embarrassed you're here on the forums trying to make it about DN players.

14 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Also yes, it does suck for KT players and it's not fair that they are dealing with these issues, but there are a good amount of people that know that KT bugs so they log in on reset day, spam everything they possibly can then just wait for the server to Crash or bug. I know because I'm friends with several people that do this. Lots of them even made DN alts to mess around on while they wait for their KT mains to get resets.

You just made the argument that KT does in fact have it worse than DN with your own example.

KT players can't play during the bug and are forced to sign on to DN server while they wait for it to be fixed.

p.s. DN server knows the 4 day bug is coming too, so don't act like you don't use all your CD before Sunday to get a full reset.  Funny how you worded it like only KT gets full instance reset.

Doesn't change the fact that if they bounce ANY server, they should bounce the other as well.  People on KT know prior to this AWS server move that they could expect a reset by Sunday/Monday so we'd get our instances done prior to. Since there is a limit on how many times one can do an instance, and a server bounce resets that, the side that gets reset still stands to benefit more. Unless our server is down for a couple days and we can't play then i'd see not resetting the opposite server.

I'm just asking NCsoft to be proactive and come up with a plan in case this becomes a regular issue.... You guys attacking my OP is exactly why ppl don't communicate in our community about concerns or bugs. Yes it sucks that your server is being buggy, but it being buggy and getting reset effects ALL PLAYERS, esp since we share cross server PVP maps. Just saying. 

An unexpected reset is not going to give an advantage to someone else when no one had any idea it was going to happen unless you had the time to run everything immediately which isn't the full server so some players on KT are at an even greater disadvantage if they didn't get to run anything thinking they had until Sun/Mon because the server went down potentially in their free time. You have the other one potentially coming Sun/Mon this time sadly just sucks to be on a working server I guess.

For me being told that server was going to be down around 9 hours takes up all of my free time because maintenance starts at my 21:00 and was projected to end 05:45. So I didn't have time to even bother checking on it to log in and play at all because even though it was only 6 hours (2:45 less than estimate) I had to go to work. I don't think several people do that either maybe a select few because at reset time with no events or anything there are very few people logged in til around midday server time.

Its 1 unexpected time if it becomes the norm most likely DN will get as well. 1x is not going to hurt DN probably averages out will the cumulative bugged time KT has had over the last months

@Rag-DN No one is attacking your post, please don't play the victim card.  This is a thread you started because you feel that KT has an unfair advantage over DN on the basis of one server reset.  Really?  No one is here saying that all players aren't effected by the 4 day server restarts...but you're saying that KT is benefitting in big ways from the one server restart that DN did not receive and because of a one time event you're asking NC to devote resources and time to it.  They can't fix and/or respond to other more important issues and you want them to make a game plan for something that hasn't even happened yet?  Whaaaaaaa?  Pin bug, why KT server breaks after 4 days, ultimate xform feature, even BCM skins are more important and actual issues that need addressed before we put anything hypothetical on the list. 

Also, people keep saying "KT knows, KT knows" that a server reset is coming after 4 days... well news flash, DN knows too!  DN knows that when KT gets reset, DN will get reset as well... don't act like only one server knows and the other is clueless.  (However, DN remains fully playable until the time that both servers come down for maintenance, unlike KT)

And I stand by my feeling that KT players have it worse than DN players when it comes to the server bugging out, but you don't see any KT players here complaining and asking for additional compensation above and beyond what both servers receive.  Sheesh.

I just don't want this to be like it was earlier in the year when KT was getting resetted on a regular basis giving them tons of extra resets while they didn't do anything for DN for the longest time. That's all I'm putting out. Also people DID know this was coming, esp since they were having connection issues getting on the server yesterday and late last night, so several ppl were saying, "Yeah our server is def gonna crash, RUN EVERYTHING."  

5 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Before any KT people jump down my throat, first I do want to say I acknowledge that it sucks that your server is still bugging out and having issues. It would drive me nuts also, however;

With NCwest now restarting your server without taking down DN it's giving an unfair advantage. KT players literally are getting double the CDs now if they run their instances after reset. That means they will gain Cubics, AP, and gear twice as fast as us. It also might mean they get world boss spawns more often as those timers might also get reset with the server as well. 

Today they had to reset KT. I hate to be this guy, but it is being talked about among  DN players how this is an unfair advantage.

@Kibbelz can you bring this concern to the Dev team? I mean I know we already been through this discussion/debate before but seems like we're going in a circle and have to have it again since the servers went to AWS host. Please and thank you.  

But with all respect this Monday our servers were bugged for 12 hours, 12 hours that we missed without the coffin buff, and many bugged NPCs, 12 hours that my prestige was still counting while DN server was fully functional and 12 hour later you guys cashed free resets when we couldn't even do our normal entries.

That day I lost all my abyssal entries, because I didn't do them early and left them for later, but the reset came after the daily reset, so I missed the chance to do my abyssals. Nobody compensated me for those. You did all your abyssal entries and got a double take on them because you got a free reset on our behalf. So that is double Abyssal entries for you while only 1 for me plus 12 hours of waiting while you could play. We earned nothing from that bug, only DN earned.

Was it an unfair advantage to DN to once again have the shared maps exclusive to them and still be able do all their instances?

Not to mention that the coffin buff was important for progression and we missed practically a whole day of that (because some people have a smaller window to play than 12 hours). Even better the bomb mobs were also bugged so we couldn't even use those to at least get a little bit of XP while we were waiting for nothing. The same thing happened during anniversary, they made the mistake to reset it early on Friday and didn't count that 4 days later it wil be Tuesday and KT server was bugged the last day of the anniversary event and we lost a ton of hours of non playability while agian DN server got another set of resets without suffering a single bug.

Ever since DN started getting resets with KT you guys practically have a perfectly working server and cash on double entries on our bugged server that is unplayable for half a day or more many times.

We want KT server to be fixed because we are the ones that cannot play the game and the resets are not a benefit because it you guys get it too without the bugs we get.

1 hour ago, ProfessorDerp-DN said:

The only people defending the unfairness in this thread are KT players, go figure. 

That has nothing to see with the topic. Where is your argument? Do you need to attack players condition cause you can not add something usefull? (Ad Hominem Fallacy)

Just like many people said before. On sundays both servers get the reset. Yet, only KT suffer the bug. Even when usually is near 15:00 UTC, that may happen +/- 10 hs from that point. That means a whole day. So we may lose a lot of time. Last time we lost our dailies and buff. When the bugg start, somebody will post here and in DN the players will know that they will have some hours to play before the reset. And even then, in DN you can do everything. 

After all this time, we are so used to the bug. The value of that extra reset in our instances is bigger than the complications we had. For that reasson not so many people complains when that happens. Yet, if we think about that, is not totally fair. But we are not making threads about that. 

Also, lets remember that we had 3 weeks doing a lot of instances with many toons to get the event items. This week we don´t have new events. So most of the players are taking some rest. It is not like a lot of people in KT took advantage from that extra reset only 1 day after the maintenance. 

2 hours ago, DinobotSSJ-KT said:

Katalam server is unplayable for hours every week, the advantage you speak of is a trade off for that time the game unplayable of us on KT. You also get the free resets without the server being down so in my opinion the advantage belongs to Danaria.

I deleted almost all my characters on KT and rolled new ones on DN because I got sick of the weekly NPC bug and massive lag in Inggison.

It's was sad to delete characters I had had worked on for years, but I didn't see any work from NCsoft on these issues. Perhaps the server relocation will finally address the weekly KT NPC bug, it remains to be seen. If so, good, maybe they can start work on the consistent Chinese Kinah spammers in /3 chat which have been going on for years .

3 hours ago, ProfessorDerp-DN said:

The only people defending the unfairness in this thread are KT players, go figure. 

Yes and when KT server is bugged and unplayable for half a day I didn't see a single DN player complaining that our server is unplayable while they can roam the maps freely and then enjoying free resets even though they do not suffer from any bugs.

Do not talk about unfairness, what are the resets so benefiting? I personally don't even do most instances and all I get is 1 day off from the game because of the bug. During Monday I lost a whole day worth of exchanging marks and bobonerk coins due to the bug. I usually do 200~400 bobonerk coins with coffin+passive buff per day and at least 100 XP marks. I lost those that day.

Do you think running a second set of pf normal mode will benefit anyone and compensate them for 12 hours of being unplayable? Well guess what, you also got double the entries and you didn't bug.

DN on Monday= 2x abyssal entries
KT on Monday = 1x abyssal entries

They should stop resetting DN altogether because now ti is unfair to KT that we have a bug and you get free resets.

27 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yes and when KT server is bugged and unplayable for half a day I didn't see a single DN player complaining that our server is unplayable while they can roam the maps freely and then enjoying free resets even though they do not suffer from any bugs.

Do not talk about unfairness, what are the resets so benefiting? I personally don't even do most instances and all I get is 1 day off from the game because of the bug. During Monday I lost a whole day worth of exchanging marks and bobonerk coins due to the bug. I usually do 200~400 bobonerk coins with coffin+passive buff per day and at least 100 XP marks. I lost those that day.

Do you think running a second set of pf normal mode will benefit anyone and compensate them for 12 hours of being unplayable? Well guess what, you also got double the entries and you didn't bug.

DN on Monday= 2x abyssal entries
KT on Monday = 1x abyssal entries

They should stop resetting DN altogether because now ti is unfair to KT that we have a bug and you get free resets.

I didn’t really want to comment on this thread, but I would like to express my outrage after reading what Rag-DN said that we KNEW server woul crash on Thursday and burned all our resets before that. I confirm that NEITHER of my friends and legionmate anticipated Thursday resets, and most of us didn’t even do our minium vault ! When server crashed we barely touched our weekly entries and some ppl were even unsure it was reset, because they haven’t even started their weekly instances ! Supposing that we anticipated that crash is as ridiculous as think that it’s KT players who cause the weekly bug ! 

I totally agree with what Arhangelos and other ppl said that it is DN server that gets an unfair benefit of KT bug. I already said that and will say it again - in KT we lost the anniversary day’s buffs, last days of pumpkin event and we have been loosing altars sieges because server is always on maintenance during that time ! I consider instances reset on KT is a kind of compensation for the weekly bug, but the DN reset - is a compensation for what ? This is an unfair benefit that DN server gets and I think we should ask the GMs to stop resetting DN along with KT for the same reason you mentioned.

10 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I didn’t really want to comment on this thread, but I would like to express my outrage after reading what Rag-DN said that we KNEW server woul crash on Thursday and burned all our resets before that. I confirm that NEITHER of my friends and legionmate anticipated Thursday resets, and most of us didn’t even do our minium vault ! When server crashed we barely touched our weekly entries and some ppl were even unsure it was reset, because they haven’t even started their weekly instances ! Supposing that we anticipated that crash is as ridiculous as think that it’s KT players who cause the weekly bug ! 

I totally agree with what Arhangelos and other ppl said that it is DN server that gets an unfair benefit of KT bug. I already said that and will say it again - in KT we lost the anniversary day’s buffs, last days of pumpkin event and we have been loosing altars sieges because server is always on maintenance during that time ! I consider instances reset on KT is a kind of compensation for the weekly bug, but the DN reset - is a compensation for what ? This is an unfair benefit that DN server gets and I think we should ask the GMs to stop resetting DN along with KT for the same reason you mentioned.

Of course most people haven't even done a single weekly yet, most people deal with lugbugs, weekly quests for renowns (that do not reset with server reset) and a few things that need to be cleared before doing the normal instances.

Also when KT server bugs, DN people get alerted so if they have any runs left they do them really fast and are ready for the reset to enjoy the free resets. While we cannot do anything about it.

DN people love our bug because it only brings benefits to them, there is not a single KT player that enjoys the existence of this bug.

-> If they ever find a fix I expect some DN people to come and complain that it is unfair that KT no longer bugs because DN doesn't get free resets now while it is unfair that KT is fully playable or something.

The self entitlement is insane.

38 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Of course most people haven't even done a single weekly yet, most people deal with lugbugs, weekly quests for renowns (that do not reset with server reset) and a few things that need to be cleared before doing the normal instances.

Also when KT server bugs, DN people get alerted so if they have any runs left they do them really fast and are ready for the reset to enjoy the free resets. While we cannot do anything about it.

DN people love our bug because it only brings benefits to them, there is not a single KT player that enjoys the existence of this bug.

-> If they ever find a fix I expect some DN people to come and complain that it is unfair that KT no longer bugs because DN doesn't get free resets now while it is unfair that KT is fully playable or something.

The self entitlement is insane.

Sure, in fact, we all know that after pumpkin event everyone was burnt-out on instances, so on Wednesday they were mostly chilling out and discussing with friends. Secondly, right after maintenance many ppl had problems with ping/latency, so they didn’t do any instances except luna which doesn’t reset. But yeah, let them think that evil KT players burnt all entries during the first 20 hours after maint and then came to the room where KT server is situated and pulled the plug out of the socket.

Archived