Weekly Server Maintenance - May 19, 2021

Arctic

@Kibbelz I'm pissed. I want to be able to get my IDD NM runs needed in before the retuning buff goes away and to do such I need the IDD NM bug to be fixed or remedied. @Kibbelz Why can't you send 200 IDD NM entry scrolls to every character and delete them the next week? Besides, the bug should have never happened and the work-around shouldn't deter you as long as it isn't game breaking. Since the entry count is so large, it shouldn't matter how many you send other than that you would need to be able to cover all toons impacted by the bug.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone,

We will be deploying our next routine maintenance starting at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC). The deploy will last approximately 3 hours and we will be making the following changes:

• As shared in our previous post, Hungry Hatchlings items that were deleted on 5/12 will be restored to players. Please collect your items and open your bundles - the bundles will be re-deleted on 5/19.
  • Timeless Terrace auto-hunting will be enabled.

This topic is full of toxic people being their selves... 

@Kibbelz I understand your position dude and for me you just have to continue ignoring toxic rubbish like @MechEagIe-DN @Nameer-KT @MeMeLLuKo-KT and so on...
you know, the world is full of them and the only thing that they can do is rubbish talk everywhere. As you keep ignoring, one day they will give up. If they don't give up ... who cares? 🤷‍♀️

They adore to say "Meh! Quit your job!" when they never had a job before, just a bunch of kids or losers maintained by their parents.

I hope you have a nice week @Kibbelz.

Peace!

1 hour ago, DrBolton said:

@Kibbelz I understand your position dude and for me you just have to continue ignoring toxic rubbish like @MechEagIe-DN @Nameer-KT @MeMeLLuKo-KT and so on...
you know, the world is full of them and the only thing that they can do is rubbish talk everywhere. As you keep ignoring, one day they will give up. If they don't give up ... who cares? 🤷‍♀️

They adore to say "Meh! Quit your job!" when they never had a job before, just a bunch of kids or losers maintained by their parents.

Peace!

Sadly, Kibbelz just pass the message forward. The real problem is the higher ups making bad decisions based on their messed up priorities and 0 knowledge of the game.

d3af44f9d138a7ced9030236887f315a59208985

1 hour ago, DrBolton said:

Peace!

@DrBolton I believe that you were unhappy to mark me as a toxic person or that my comment was toxic in relation to @Kibbelz, because if you go back and read again I mean the administration of Aion NA, that is NCWest, for me it is clear the function of @Kibbelz here, and if we mark him in the comments, it is because just as he is the company's spokesperson for the players, the reverse is also his role, correct me if I am wrong @Kibbelz.

But, we cannot simply accept certain types of attitudes or the lack of them by NCWest, and we must rather complain, for that there is freedom of expression. But of course we must have respect.

Being a new player and only reaching level 26 so far I can say this ~ I have yet to see another player in game - ANYWHERE! The graphics are nice, don't get me wrong but NO ONE ANYWHERE? and then reading all these complaints I can see why players would choose to quit and move to a different game all together. 

Seems like all hope is lost for this game ~ Devs can't even fix the one thing everyone complains about and when I say everyone, I realize its like 300 people only who play this game. What the heck would you do if it was 1000's of people playing? There is such a small player base you would think you would want to keep everyone around and happy while they waste their money on your game. 😔

Any recommendations on a good F2P MMORPG? 😬

38 minutes ago, PixelDust said:

Being a new player and only reaching level 26 so far I can say this ~ I have yet to see another player in game - ANYWHERE! The graphics are nice, don't get me wrong but NO ONE ANYWHERE? and then reading all these complaints I can see why players would choose to quit and move to a different game all together. 

Seems like all hope is lost for this game ~ Devs can't even fix the one thing everyone complains about and when I say everyone, I realize its like 300 people only who play this game. What the heck would you do if it was 1000's of people playing? There is such a small player base you would think you would want to keep everyone around and happy while they waste their money on your game. 😔

well to be fair, the last bit of this game's playerbase is mostly veteran players who either have a full account of maxed out characters, or know how to level to max in 6 hours.. i wouldn't be expecting to be seeing anyone until endgame where there's a.. half decent population.

on another note; this auto-hunt feature in Timeless seems pretty silly. you can't pick up souls, agro mass mobs, and will eventually just die to the boss, or the other faction. i don't really get the point, but hey, that might mean there will be free souls and AP roaming around the map. Other then that, the 7.9 changes seem pretty cool, just hoping we get the 100 IDD runs soon.

49 minutes ago, PixelDust said:

I totally agree with you about there being a lack of players in the baby areas, specially a lack of higher lvl players for anyone that is new to the game and needs some help answer any questions. However with that said you will find 98% of all the players (level 75 - 80) in Inggison.  Now the good news is that you really do not need anyone else to help you lvl your character because the way the game has changed so much you are able to lvl you character up to max lvl in only 2 days well 1 if you really want to play hard. Aion is pretty nothing but pvp after you hit 75. Sure there are some pve quests, but guess what, while you are in the middle fighting that tough mob or soloing a boss along comes the evil Asmo or the evil Elyos sneaking around the bushes and jumps you from behind. BOOM!! ZAP!! KAPOW!! Now you are DEAD!! and you never saw it coming. Now if ou have any questions you can always whisper those people you see chatting in LFG and 9 out of 10 times they are good peeps and will help answer questions (to respond back to a whisper press "T").  If you really enjoy playing the game and you are pretty good at pvp then I'd suggest you looking up the Legions by typing "G" and a list of Legions will pop up.

• Aion Team

7 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

@KibbelzSo they will be restored and re-deleted the same day, i'm sure its a mistake but this is just absurd at this point.

Thanks, it looks like this was a typo in the notes I was given. I went ahead and corrected it. The items will be around for one week as we mentioned in our previous post.

10 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks Sneaky, I totally understand where you're coming from. Since the workday is over now though, I have not heard back from the game team. I will share an update in the morning when I hear back.

Got confirmation this morning that we were not able to get a fix for IDD into today's update. I understand everyone's desire to see this particular change in-game, and I've made sure to pass the urgency along. Given that the issue has been on our "known issues" list for a week, this would suggest that the fix is more complicated than simply updating a number... there's likely something more going on here. I'll inquire for any additional details.

13 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone,

We will be deploying our next routine maintenance starting at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC). The deploy will last approximately 3 hours and we will be making the following changes:

• As shared in our previous post, Hungry Hatchlings items that were deleted on 5/12 will be restored to players. Please collect your items and open your bundles - the bundles will be re-deleted on 5/19.
  • Timeless Terrace auto-hunting will be enabled.

I just do not understand this mentality, this logic. 

You are restoring the boxes because you understand (hopefully to some degree) that it was a mistake to delete them.  But then you are going to delete them again (Same Exact Mistake 2.0), and on the same day they are reinstated.  This decision is problematic, two-fold.

As before, deleting them immediately makes no sense.  Deleting the Stormwing Tokens now that the event is over is understandable.  I still see this as something people earned, and taking away something people did daily quests for still makes no sense, in my opinion.  But the event is over, and a lot of games would delete event items.  This would be less iffy, if this were the standard for Aion, but many of us remember having leftover event items, so it has not been the standard for Aion. I still have some ancient event garbage I keep for nostalgic reasons.

Secondly, this timing.  Reinstating the items for only one day is just insane.  It's mid-week.  It's a work day.  A lot of players who do only play on the weekends and who do not read the forums are going to find out they got reamed all over again because what they lost, they regained, and then lost again.  Weekend Warriors are not abnormal in any game, or any recreational activity.  This doesn't impact me, because I'm one of the mentally ill people that logs in daily, so I'll be able to open all of mine before this ridiculous one-day-delete, but it's totally unfair to people who live normal, well-adjusted lives and do not waste time in video game worlds on work days.

The players earned their rewards.  Let them keep their rewards. 

• Aion Team
4 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

As before, deleting them immediately makes no sense.  Deleting the Stormwing Tokens now that the event is over is understandable.  I still see this as something people earned, and taking away something people did daily quests for still makes no sense, in my opinion.  But the event is over, and a lot of games would delete event items.  This would be less iffy, if this were the standard for Aion, but many of us remember having leftover event items, so it has not been the standard for Aion. I still have some ancient event garbage I keep for nostalgic reasons.

Secondly, this timing.  Reinstating the items for only one day is just insane.  It's mid-week.  It's a work day.  A lot of players who do only play on the weekends and who do not read the forums are going to find out they got reamed all over again because what they lost, they regained, and then lost again.  Weekend Warriors are not abnormal in any game, or any recreational activity.  This doesn't impact me, because I'm one of the mentally ill people that logs in daily, so I'll be able to open all of mine before this ridiculous one-day-delete, but it's totally unfair to people who live normal, well-adjusted lives and do not waste time in video game worlds on work days.

I updated the text in this post - the items will remain for one week (look at my post just above yours)

Although I've only been on the project for just under a year, my understanding is that Aion has long deleted event items as a part of its event cadence. As I'm not a designer, I'm not entirely sure as to the role this plays on game economics, but if there's more requests/concerns on this topic I am more than happy to reach out to the game team and seek additional details/explanation. It's certainly not beyond being investigated whether we should continue doing this.

12 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I updated the text in this post - the items will remain for one week.

Although I've only been on the project for just under a year, my understanding is that Aion has long deleted event items as a part of its event cadence. As I'm not a designer, I'm not entirely sure as to the role this plays on game economics, but if there's more requests/concerns on this topic I am more than happy to reach out to the game team and seek additional details/explanation. It's certainly not beyond being investigated whether we should continue doing this.

Hmm.. No Sir, I do not believe that to be correct. Aion would never consider deleting  items because the developers did not like confrontation with the gamers for any reasons LMAO, but I have to agree with Shoenfein-DN on their point. If a player works hard on achieving the goal to get a reward no matter if the reward is from an event or through regular game play, the reward should be theirs to keep for any length of time. I still have some event rewards from 12 years ago or it could be 10 years lol no matter my point is they are mine because I earned them so please speak with whom ever and ask them to stop taking away our toys pretty please with sugar on top (or a sugar substitute if you are watching the ole waistline.)

PS 

I'm sorry, I am not trying to gang up on you. The fact is Aion has placed you in the line of fire for all of the moaning and complaining, but it is a good thing you get payed well ;).

9 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I updated the text in this post - the items will remain for one week (look at my post just above yours)

Fact Check? Unless you're talking about the KR version of the game, where they list items that are to be deleted after the event is over. Along with ingame description of items that are to be deleted. 

Then comes NA where the game itself is translated from KR and what we get is what the already got unless we get some random unnecessary changes for what ever reason. There was never any event that items were deleted, until 6.0 or so and it was only 3 or 4+ events where items were deleted and you know NA community didn't like any of that. Then again I have dozens of items where the descriptions are translated from KR that says items are to deleted.

30 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks, it looks like this was a typo in the notes I was given. I went ahead and corrected it. The items will be around for one week as we mentioned in our previous post.

Got confirmation this morning that we were not able to get a fix for IDD into today's update. I understand everyone's desire to see this particular change in-game, and I've made sure to pass the urgency along. Given that the issue has been on our "known issues" list for a week, this would suggest that the fix is more complicated than simply updating a number... there's likely something more going on here. I'll inquire for any additional details.

So why not give a survey that gives 200 Reset scrolls that we can put in account warehouse so toons can share it?  This will allow more people to tune new gear inexpensively while Doughbot is only up for one more week?  @Kibbelz sure should  be 100 per toon but since the gear is not sellable anymore allowing shared scrolls per account would help

• Aion Team
Just now, Tyd said:

So why not give a survey that gives 200 Reset scrolls that we can put in account warehouse so toons can share it?  This will allow more people to tune new gear inexpensively while Doughbot is only up for one more week?  @Kibbelz sure should  be 100 per toon but since the gear is not sellable anymore allowing shared scrolls per account would help

I actually reached out to the game team already based on @Motgar-KT's suggestion for this. Looking into it!

5 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks @Kibbelz!  You caught me on the in-between.   I was writing mine still when your update was posted.

I'm aware that you're new-ish, and that you have the thankless job of delivering information and receiving the fallout for decisions you had no part in making.  I appreciate that you took the time to respond to me personally at all.  While I'm tagging you in my responses, like most people (I hope) that although you're the recipient, the message is not directed at you personally. 

This is not meant to show you up or challenge you, but I do have very old event stuff (am looking in my warehouse as I write this).  I have event items from long before you started.  I have event items from Iluma, and Cygnea, now-deleted maps.  I have keys from an event in the Eye of Tiamaranta and event awards from an old Scrabble-like event in Danaria, maps deleted before the now-deleted maps.  More recently, I still have Event Pine Needles, Ultimate Chocolate and Honey Songpyeon from events that are within the last year (or so).  I also have a few things, the White Nesting Dolls and Symphony of Legend events that are so old I can't even remember when they took place, only that they took place in Sanctum, back when Sanctum was a bustling center of activity; so it's been a while.

There were events where this was not the case, of course.  Events like enchanting events with gear that you had to enchant to +10/15 by the end of the event or they were deleted were a thing.  But these had finite deadlines that were specific to that event and announced at the beginning  of the event.

Thanks for doing this job, and I hope you're thicker-skinned than I am and enjoy it, at least somewhat.  I'm rarely on the forums but when I am, there's always some sort of new rage you're dealing with.  I'd have been fired months ago for saying something inappropriately aggressive to a customer over a comment. 

• Aion Team

@Shoenfein-DN I love everything about this post. Honest facts and a considerate approach :) I'll broach the topic w/ the game team and see what the thoughts are, though I'm hesitatnt to "apply pressure" per-say unless there's a pretty widespread discussion.

Speaking of widespread discussions, I've gotten confirmation from the Game Team around a change we can make to accomodate IDD entries not yet being updated. Once we have a fix in place (which is not yet determined) we could either extend the Dungeon Delve event, and/or run the event again to ensure those who were looking forward to the IDD + Dungeon Delve combo can have that experience.

Please let us know if this seems like a good solution to you as well.

12 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

@Shoenfein-DN I love everything about this post. Honest facts and a considerate approach :) I'll broach the topic w/ the game team and see what the thoughts are, though I'm hesitatnt to "apply pressure" per-say unless there's a pretty widespread discussion.

Speaking of widespread discussions, I've gotten confirmation from the Game Team around a change we can make to accomodate IDD entries not yet being updated. Once we have a fix in place (which is not yet determined) we could either extend the Dungeon Delve event, and/or run the event again to ensure those who were looking forward to the IDD + Dungeon Delve combo can have that experience.

When will we get our minion box from the promotion event?

16 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Kinah retune is more important we can retune our gear from IDD with 1 kinah which is great

Archived