Pumpkin King's Haunt Temporarily Disabled

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas,

We are aware of an issue affecting the Pumpkin King's Haunt event rewards and will be temporarily disabling the event while we investigate. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we will provide an update once we have more to share on the issue.

Thank you.

Update:

We will soon be deploying a hotfix which is intended to resolve the issue which caused us to temporarily disable the event. We expect this hotfix to deploy at approximately 12pm PT. During this time, players will not be able to login to either game, however any Aion Classic players currently online will be able to continue playing.

In addition, please note that we have updated our article to remove a section which stated additional bonus rewards would be issued for certain quantities of "contracts used". This section was mistakenly included and we regret the error. (this promotion will continue as originally stated)

Also, in accordance with the feedback we've seen around Titan Coins, we will be replacing them within the rewards with Experience Marks.

Finally, due to an issue with the wrong item being included in the Gourmet Candy Galaxy Bundle, all transformations obtained by using the "Harvest Revel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 types)" will be removed from all players. Players will be appropriately compensated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

We are aware of an issue affecting the Pumpkin King's Haunt event rewards and will be temporarily disabling the event while we investigate. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we will provide an update once we have more to share on the issue.

Thank you.

When its going to be available? we need this rewards @Kibbelz Also! can u add the Pixel Legendary contracts ? 

Congratulations, like always doing things wrong, did wrong on pixel event, did wrong on stormwing event, did wrong in this event now, and honest people always will stay behing of everyone who abuses on the exploits and you do nothing. I dont have halloween collection and dont think i will have it, i dont have Lumiel and Azphel collections cuz i didnt abuse on the exploit, and what i earn? Nothing, maybe im just dumb, of not abusing on your mistakes or for keep playing this game for years and years...

16 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

Thank you.

So you can actually work fast, when it hurts your bottom line. Anything else tho, "we can't pivot, maybe next time".

1 minute ago, Insta-DN said:

the nyerk? what was wrong with it? are you gonna fix the shitty rewards? also gonna make up for the lost time?

What was wrong was that the contract inside the gourmet bundle didn't require the BCM key, so you could get multiple ones. But naaaah when they are losing money, they are all over the issues.

23 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

Thank you.

Isn't it a little bit too late to disable it ? Half of the server got it already. Are you going to treat it like the SW one or the Pixel, pretend that it never happened ?

1 minute ago, RoboTrincado-DN said:

Congratulations, like always doing things wrong, did wrong on pixel event, did wrong on stormwing event, did wrong in this event now, and honest people always will stay behind of everyone who abuses on the exploits and you do nothing. I dont have halloween collection and dont think i will have it, i dont have Lumiel and Azphel collections cuz i didn't abuse on the exploit, and what i earn? Nothing, maybe I'm just dumb, of not abusing on your mistakes or for keep playing this game for years and years...

Same here, no apostles, no Halloween ones. The only people that are rewarded in this game are the ones who either exploited something and/or uses 3rd part programs to 'enhance' their gameplay.

@Kibbelz, you guys could EASILY provide compensation for every account that didn't exploit this event by checking if they are NOT fall in this category:

Finished the event quest more than one time AND got the transformation box from it.

I'm not asking anything to be delete. I'm sure some people that did it were innocent and not tryhards farming non-stop knowing what was going on and that there's never any kind of punishment for this type of behaviors. I mean, Aion players are so used to it, it's kinda like breathing for some.

But I do think that people that did not exploit this particular event SHOULD be  compensated. We are going to miss something while other people already got several transforms, and are probably laughing of people that didn't.

People having better collections stats simply by exploiting while other people are behind simply because their didn't exploit is not cool. 

From what I can tell, EU also had this version of the event contracts where no key was needed- I wouldn't really consider it an exploit but everyone was hoping it'd stay on the downlow because we all know NCWest is so utterly careless and incompetent that there's no way they checked for it. I mean, the only reason IDD was still included on the event list is because NC made the rewards so crummy that it wouldn't matter if people were instance spamming. (I worked double shifts yesterday and today so I'm missing out btw. Sucks to suck.)

We're in 8.0 already, and the patch has been showering us in Ulti potions because the game is meant to be played with Ulti stats. The original pumpking event helped us unlock our Ancients, let the modern version help unlock our Legendaries. No one was going to buy your lousy BCM bundles anyway, if you want to make back your money put some damn cosmetics on the store.

8 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Also, what happens to the transformation contracts that we used up to today? Will they be counted for getting the bonus rewards since the event is now disabled?

@Kibbelz

This is VERY important @KibbelzPlease let us know ASAP! I have used Sporty Wyvern Contract on 4 toons and 2 Locked Harvest Revel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 Types) already.

Something similar happened with the last Pixel event last year, and NC gave a Pixel contract to everyone who didnt exploited the event. This should be fair to be done again for those who didnt opened a box since the begining of the event.  People already had to buy some NCoin contracts anyway:

-  1 by 35 pumpkins
- 1 by promotion
-  2 by ncoin (by the 20 pumpkins by lucky)

Give everyone who didnt exploit a free contract, and NC still can profit with 1200 ncoin contract 😁 @Kibbelz 

53 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

We are going to miss something while other people already got several transforms, and are probably laughing of people that didn't.

I totally agree. It's only fair.

12 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Give everyone who didnt exploit a free contract, and NC still can profit with 1200 ncoin contract 😁

Exactly :D

2 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

The thought just occurred to me.... @Kibbelzwhy didn't you guys just remove the Reward NPC instead of everything? Then players could have at least still collected pumpkins during the down time...

I don't think they can half-disable events. Pretty sure it's a //command type of thing that turns the event off, so all the things related to the event are gone after it's used.

Deleting an npc could cause a bug and make things even worse.

1 hour ago, Haniya-DN said:

From what I can tell, EU also had this version of the event contracts where no key was needed- I wouldn't really consider it an exploit but everyone was hoping it'd stay on the downlow because we all know NCWest is so utterly careless and incompetent that there's no way they checked for it. I mean, the only reason IDD was still included on the event list is because NC made the rewards so crummy that it wouldn't matter if people were instance spamming. (I worked double shifts yesterday and today so I'm missing out btw. Sucks to suck.)

We're in 8.0 already, and the patch has been showering us in Ulti potions because the game is meant to be played with Ulti stats. The original pumpking event helped us unlock our Ancients, let the modern version help unlock our Legendaries. No one was going to buy your lousy BCM bundles anyway, if you want to make back your money put some damn cosmetics on the store.

@Kibbelz If you spent time on TM, then DN now KT, and knew this person over the years, you'd recognize that the language in this post is jarring.  This is a person that has always had an optimist view on things, enjoyed the game, is helpful with strangers.  If you don't know her, it just sounds like a standard forum gripe by a user - and in a relatively calm tone.  But with context, it's more like a nun dropping F-bombs [in my opinion, from knowing @Haniya-DN going back several years].  This should be a benchmark for how frustrated your player base is with the company, because this is not your typical complainer. 

For my own part, I'm disgusted by this, because I'm an unwitting participant.  I don't read patch notes and news.  I log in, I pick up what I can in LFG about events, and I usually miss out on a lot of the benefits because I am simply unaware.  I'm just finding out from a new friend about how to get materials to make gear that's been out for over a year.  But most importantly, I don't cheat and I do not take advantage of exploits.

Normally I don't get swept up in these, because when "exploits" (read: gaffs by NCSoft, who then blame the players) happen, I'm a slow grinder for the event rewards, so they are fixed long before I'm really involved in the event at all.  I happened to have some downtime at work, and since I've missed out on the last two Halloween events with the transform select boxes, I wanted to get into this one and try to catch up some.  Not only do I not have Ultimate grade transforms, I have yet to even complete a legendary collection.  Until today.

I haven't even started doing event runs on my main yet, apart from a VT run.  I got enough pumpkins on two alts to buy choice boxes, and bought all four of the Halloween xforms - I had zero before today.  It didn't even seem like a huge deal.  I won't use any of them, so the only purpose for them is the collection.  My apostle xforms are better. In LFG people are complaining about the prizes being old leftovers from previous years.  It seems like most people got Ultimate xforms from the flower petal event (another one I had no time to do), and so these are really a backwards prize, anyway.  The food and potions in the bags the pumpkin drops are things I will actually use.  The xforms, again, just a collections item.

So without making any effort to get around rules, and with just normal gameplay, I'm now guilty of exploiting a "bug" - and for something that isn't of use to me anyway, so not worth "cheating" for in the first place.

NCSoft continuously is the root of their own problem.  It's not 3rd party programs, scripts or circumventions by players where the "cheating" lives; it's negligence on the part of the company.  There aren't many companies that blame the customers for the company's errors.  Stores do not call the police if a customer buys something that is priced wrong by the company.  The normal, reasonable practice is apologizing to the customer for the confusion, charge the customer the marked price, and then fix the error. 

It's been 12 years.  It's about time for NCSoft to grow up, and start taking responsibility for itself.

7 hours ago, Shampoo said:

So you can actually work fast, when it hurts your bottom line. Anything else tho, "we can't pivot, maybe next time".

Yes, we remember Stormwing event, @Kibbelz Hope that won’t happen again

6 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Also, what happens to the transformation contracts that we used up to today? Will they be counted for getting the bonus rewards since the event is now disabled?

@Kibbelz

I used 275 contracts the first day. Rip 😭

7 hours ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

(...)

It's been 12 years.  It's about time for NCSoft to grow up, and start taking responsibility for itself.

Absolutely agree to all.
But lets be realistic here: it won't happen.

It didn't happen when the population of the game was higher, with more than 1 live server. It won't happen now.
At this point they just don't give a damn about Aion, and just won't shut down the game because there are still a few losers around. I bet thats how they see the customers. Because its clearly how they act with us.

They could simply remove the transforms they got and give them back the gourmets they used.

You can all thank this guy:

Also does it mean anything about the promotion event we are having? I didn't use 500 contracts yet, but I sure did more than 300. We have to know what is going on with this part.

Archived