Ncwest team.

GenericUser22498

Uhhh, been more than 24 hours since aion community demonstrate frustration and anger towards all the things that is happening right now, we feel like aion is a side job to the ncswest team.
No answers, no clarifications.

We had a major thread about all the problems aion is having right now, we had 0 answers from ncwest team to our pleads, yet we find this wednesday that none of them was adressed.

Most of the things we ask is really simple to do, you don't need permission from korea to do such things, some might need a patch that korea have to do for us (dunno why we have devs then).

In EK we have a QA online almost every night, he gather information and answer most of the players, even most of them are just salty and ironic which theres no reason to be.

I ask you now. Whats the point of having a QA online if none of our concerns is heard? I feel sorry for him doing all the hard work hearing mad people with pitchforks and have to deal with it. The problem is, he can't do much because he has no power for it, he even tried to mass dc bots but they just come back. Two days ago he said he can't ban any of the bots because he need proof like video and whatsoever, i mean even a new player these days know how to see if someone is botting or not. I don't know why he doesn't have the power to ban bots, i feel like theres something behind the reason because theres absolutely NO REASON to not give him the power.

Enough of wall of text. I think aion community deserve some answers, even if is a big NO to our pleads, we would like to know how ncwest team handle our requests, how things run in ncwest aion sector. Because in my head i see an empty place that sometimes someone show up to update bcm items and simple leave the game "Aion" sector.

We deserve answers, most of our concerns take months to be fixed and once that is fixed we get a new patch that bring up twice the amount before.

Dont let this game die duo to the community disbanding it, because in every player opinion seems like ncwest wants to shut down aion.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Shaperz-DN said:

In EK we have a QA online almost every night, he gather information and answer most of the players, even most of them are just salty and ironic which theres no reason to be.

I ask you now. Whats the point of having a QA online if none of our concerns is heard? I feel sorry for him doing all the hard work hearing mad people with pitchforks and have to deal with it. The problem is, he can't do much because he has no power for it, he even tried to mass dc bots but they just come back. Two days ago he said he can't ban any of the bots because he need proof like video and whatsoever, i mean even a new player these days know how to see if someone is botting or not. I don't know why he doesn't have the power to ban bots, i feel like theres something behind the reason because theres absolutely NO REASON to not give him the power.

Must be nice having someone there to listen and put some effort into showing they (NCWest) care.

I wouldn't know what that's like, being from Katalam and all.

5 minutes ago, Doll-KT said:

Must be nice having someone there to listen and put some effort into showing they (NCWest) care.

I wouldn't know what that's like, being from Katalam and all.

Was thinking the same thing.

You mean on EK you have a staff member taking questions every night? Answering questions from the player base?

Wow. Just wow.

So the new server we were not supposed to have where players have spent thousands of $$ to outgear anyone else foolish enough to roll there and that will 100% have to be merged into another server at some point throwing those players who stayed on their old servers into chaos.. the MISTAKE server.. is getting special treatment?

9 years into this game and having weathered idiocy after idiocy and yet I am still able to be amazed by further bad decisions.

46 minutes ago, Shaperz-DN said:

Uhhh, been more than 9 years since aion community demonstrate frustration and anger towards all the things that is happening right now, we feel like aion is a side job to the ncswest team.
No answers, no clarifications.

Fixed that for you.

It will only appear next Wednesday, to say that they will check, and the next Wednesday he turns saying that it is holiday week
and finally in January he will bring other empty answers and shit events
This is not that I'm trying to guess anything.
but that's what always happens.

Cyan only responds when he wants, developers are guilty but he is too, he could very well come to give a simple justification just for shows that are looking at all this.

• Aion Team

I understand you guys have a lot of questions and feedback and the simple truth is right now we don't have the answers you are looking for, yet. I can assure you guys that we are monitoring your feedback and having discussions with the developers. I know discussions with the developers isn't the same as changes in game and I wish I could tell you all that no changes are coming, or all changes are coming, but sometimes it's hard to know when or how things will be making it into the game. When we have more concrete information available we will be sure to share it with you all.

There's a lot of moving parts when it comes to publishing a game like Aion, and if one of those parts aren't moving as fast as the others it slows the entire process down. 

I will tell you exactly why your responses to our problems are BS. You state that you are having discussions with the developers, but you never tell us what the developers' side of the conversation is. Why is that? Why must we be kept in the dark on what their responses are to our concerns that you say you are discussing with them?

A discussion is a two-way street, but all we hear from you is that you hear us and supposedly pass up to the Devs what our complaints are. Do you not see how incompetent it looks when you are never able to tell us what the decisions are on our complaints? If you are having a real discussion with the Developers, you could tell us what their decisions are. Well, unless you are not actually having a discussion with them.

I am inclined to believe with the way you give us feedback, that you really have no clue what they are going to do. Truth be told, I am willing to bet that there are no discussions actually being had, and instead all you are able to do is pass up our complaints and remain in the dark about what may be done. If that is the case, just be truthful and say you told the Devs and now have to wait to see if they will do anything. This intentional misleading on what is actually happening concerning our issues only makes the company either look incompetent or worse trollish.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Was thinking the same thing.

You mean on EK you have a staff member taking questions every night? Answering questions from the player base?

Wow. Just wow.

So the new server we were not supposed to have where players have spent thousands of $$ to outgear anyone else foolish enough to roll there and that will 100% have to be merged into another server at some point throwing those players who stayed on their old servers into chaos.. the MISTAKE server.. is getting special treatment?

9 years into this game and having weathered idiocy after idiocy and yet I am still able to be amazed by further bad decisions.

Still trying to scapegoat EK for everything? Nice.

Gonna copy-pasta myself from a few days ago:

"If our player base doesn't support three servers, it's because the 6.2 patch is nyerk (and NC has been too slow to react to feedback). The mistake isn't EK itself. Players were given exchange gear on KT/DN. EK was announced last-minute (after NC led everyone to believe there would be no new server) and wasn't even the recommended server on the server list when the patch hit. So EK was poorly supported and advertised and had to deal with a huge gear and kinah discrepancy from the get-go in cross server content. Then add on top of that the mess 6.2 created with the unpopular transformation system, economy/kinah/broker issues, low enchantment rates, removal of nyerkton of maps and instances with nothing good to compensate, removal of crafts, inability to trade stuff even between your own toons on the same account, etc. If you're gonna point fingers, point them in the right direction."

Labeling EK as a "MISTAKE server" doesn't make it the mistake.

This PATCH was the mistake.

13 minutes ago, Nzinga-EK said:

I will tell you exactly why your responses to our problems are BS. You state that you are having discussions with the developers, but you never tell us what the developers' side of the conversation is. Why is that? Why must we be kept in the dark on what their responses are to our concerns that you say you are discussing with them?

A discussion is a two-way street, but all we hear from you is that you hear us and supposedly pass up to the Devs what our complaints are. Do you not see how incompetent it looks when you are never able to tell us what the decisions are on our complaints? If you are having a real discussion with the Developers, you could tell us what their decisions are. Well, unless you are not actually having a discussion with them.

I am inclined to believe with the way you give us feedback, that you really have no clue what they are going to do. Truth be told, I am willing to bet that there are no discussions actually being had, and instead all you are able to do is pass up our complaints and remain in the dark about what may be done. If that is the case, just be truthful and say you told the Devs and now have to wait to see if they will do anything. This intentional misleading on what is actually happening concerning our issues only makes the company either look incompetent or worse trollish.

Exactly. If we aren't getting solutions, we need to at least know what the devs are up to or what they're thinking. This is taking way too long.

What feedback are we talking about?

The numerous discussions on the forums that come from both races on all three servers or just the private conversation that you all seem to be having with the EK Elyos? Is there something special about that portion of the player base that they get to have direct contact with you guys while the rest of us get "we are looking into it" now and again?

Could you at the very least provide the rest of us with a transcript of what was asked and the answers in these conversations with EK Elyos?

And ofc I don't need to (but I am going to because I am that shocked at this latest turn of events) point out that we have been told that NCWest staff members play EK Elyos and now we find out that that server and race are getting special treatment.

Damn. I just don't know. This just smells so bad.

42 minutes ago, Cyan said:

I understand you guys have a lot of questions and feedback and the simple truth is right now we don't have the answers you are looking for, yet. I can assure you guys that we are monitoring your feedback and having discussions with the developers. I know discussions with the developers isn't the same as changes in game and I wish I could tell you all that no changes are coming, or all changes are coming, but sometimes it's hard to know when or how things will be making it into the game. When we have more concrete information available we will be sure to share it with you all.

There's a lot of moving parts when it comes to publishing a game like Aion, and if one of those parts aren't moving as fast as the others it slows the entire process down. 

C'mon guy 7 genesis crystals........ I feel like Korea is juts trolling us now. please just tell us while you were writing up the patch notes for the event you were like wtf am I typing this isn't gonna to be good.

48 minutes ago, Cyan said:

I see that you are not so shameful, I even said that you should appear, to give at least some justification shows that you are really looking at the forun, but to speak the truth your answer is very empty, the last time you said it was in discussion with developers, you brought us an empty week, then brought us bags of shards with absurd values, and a rotten event, and on the other charges you did not bring us anything, so the end of the year, christmas, new year is coming Soon you will come to say that you can not do anything because it is a holiday

as said above what you have discussed with developers? Is it really what we ask for? if it is tell us.

8 minutes ago, TehGoat-DN said:

C'mon guy 7 genesis crystals........ I feel like Korea is juts trolling us now. please just tell us while you were writing up the patch notes for the event you were like wtf am I typing this isn't gonna to be good.

NC can't math at all. 1350 gems for a Legendary stone? 7 Gen Crystals as a reward for this event? Shard Bundle 3.8 m? They need to hire people like moomoomoo.

Or heck, just hire a first grader..they'd do a better job.

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

What an empty response. 

Maybe, it's time to change the "developers", don't you think?

At least, you gave your time to respond to this thread. Thanks for that.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

I know you guys have a small team at NCWest and I sympathize with you there. But it's just confusing from a user standpoint why some of these issues are allowed to exist.

I myself work full time at a tech start up with 5 others. We spend a long time hashing out each new feature we choose to develop. We are users of our own product so we are able to think from a users point of view; And when its pushed we receive a very large percentage of positive feedback. As for negative feedback, we listen to every bit of feedback we receive (Remember, listen does not mean implement) and decide if its worth considering.

Now how does this differ with NCWest? It seems to me that you don't look at your product as a user. I'd assume you all play Aion, atleast I really hope you do. Now how do you, as a player, feel about the first event in a month having it's best reward being a single enchantment stone after hours and hours of play time? Especially when chances are it'll fail to enchant anyway?

If your answer is anything other than "I think the event sounds like a waste of time", you need to become more involved in your own game.

This is why I don't believe you when you say you're monitoring our feedback, or if you are, I don't believe "monitoring" means anything more than acknowledging that we have feedback. Actually listening to feedback these past months would result in the sorry excuse for an event to have never happened. Do you think my company would launch a feature if literally all of our research showed it would vastly upset our userbase? No, of course not. You can't tell me you went into this event with a positive outlook.

-----

I'd also love to see NCWest become more transparent as a company. An example of this would be PUBG Corp. They admitted they were royaling nyerking up and launched an entire campaign called FixPUBG that was greatly accepted by it's community.

At the moment you have been giving us politician answers. Beating around the push and essentially leaving your frustrated, yet loyal community in the dark.

Theres tons more I could talk about and could even hop in discord if you guys need a consultation or something... Clearly I and everyone else here are very passionate about this game annd we just want it to be at it's best.

My 2 cents - I do believe that, given the current situation with the game, there is nothing Cyan could say short of 'YEP we fixed it and we did it now' that would satisfy most of the community. In fact, there would likely still be some people dissatisfied with the outcome.

Also with how back and forth the process of fixing issues can be ("did this work?" "it sure did, but it created 80 new problems and now the server is on fire, so maybe let's try something else instead"), I can see why some of the communication we get might be as precise and concrete as a cloud.

That said, Aion has been very much an avalanche of sadness and I really, really hope that some of the glaring issues will get resolved sooner rather than later, 'cause oof is the number of active players going down, and fast. The random open world pvp skirmishes this patch have been absolutely fantastic, but everything else? Eehhhhh.... EEEEHHH... Not that much.

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

I appreciate you taking the time to post this.  Keep us in the loop.

4 hours ago, Cyan said:

This is getting old really fast, you can't be telling us the same old crap over and over again.

Had friends who came back at the start of 6.2 and as of last week have already left there is no way anyone with half a life can enjoy this game. People in Ultimate compensation gear are gods in this game and the rest are sheep's for slaughter, and at the moment there is no way for the sheep's of even progressing.

I am in shitty half gold and half purple gear and killing most people are mostly easy, but I get killed by people in better gear so easily I can't imagine people in lower gear than me. The frustration hits when you can do nothing to progress and get better because as of now there is nothing one can do but wait for weeks and weeks to save enough enchantment stones to try and enchant 1 piece to +15.  In todays gaming environment where there are so many good games out there your not going to keep people playing Aion for long.

Keep this up and it won't be long till it will be like 5.8, where only a few diehards players are running around. I really hope something is done before its empty again.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

What feedback are we talking about?

The numerous discussions on the forums that come from both races on all three servers or just the private conversation that you all seem to be having with the EK Elyos? Is there something special about that portion of the player base that they get to have direct contact with you guys while the rest of us get "we are looking into it" now and again?

Could you at the very least provide the rest of us with a transcript of what was asked and the answers in these conversations with EK Elyos?

And ofc I don't need to (but I am going to because I am that shocked at this latest turn of events) point out that we have been told that NCWest staff members play EK Elyos and now we find out that that server and race are getting special treatment.

Damn. I just don't know. This just smells so bad.

Its the EK asmodians, not elyos. Probably he was there online because theres an abnormal ammount of bots on that server. 

That is not the mistake server, that is the server that nc should have announced and promoted as server for new and returning players, and which were probably prevented to do so because of a few loud naysayers from the forums who thing they represent the entire game.

7 hours ago, Cyan said:

Imagine discussing something for 6(+) weeks and having nothing to show... Is this the ncsoft team?

7e79kly8fd411.png

(prob not that many)

Come on brah this is a game not astrophysics.

Archived