Chanter needs a nerf

Ele-DN

Clerics can do that. Glads can do that. Pretty sure other classes, if geared to the teeth, can as well.

Chanters are pretty OP right now. But then again, they needed a buff. They have been on the bottom rung for far too long. Maybe the buff was too much, but I can't begrudge them the op-ness.

Some major nerfs for Chanter skills in 6.5 / 6.75:

• Recovery Spell and Daevanion versions are no longer affected by shards (shards gives +15% heal effects)
    • Rejuvenating Spell cooldown 10s -> 12s
    • Cleansing Recover Spell and Rejuvenating Spell might even be unaffected by Healing Boost? (Can't confirm from data mining)
  • Overwhelming Judgment and Dizzying Smash damage reduced to 2/3 of 6.2 values
  • Blessing of Wind duration halved (cooldown 3m -> 2m)

And I’m very willing to bet a number of classes can’t unless they’re in full ultimate. 

The other day a chanter in our premade dredge decided to solo some surks for absolutely no good reason. We kept asking him to stop but he wouldn’t - language barrier wasn’t the problem. We managed to get the bridge and a log which he missed out on.

By the way chanter has had a series of buffs over the years - it’s been competitive for years given the right gear. Now it’s overcompensated.

14 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Some major nerfs for Chanter skills in 6.5 / 6.75:

• Recovery Spell and Daevanion versions are no longer affected by shards (shards gives +15% heal effects)
    • Rejuvenating Spell cooldown 10s -> 12s
    • Cleansing Recover Spell and Rejuvenating Spell might even be unaffected by Healing Boost? (Can't confirm from data mining)
  • Overwhelming Judgment and Dizzying Smash damage reduced to 2/3 of 6.2 values
  • Blessing of Wind duration halved (cooldown 3m -> 2m)

i think its this https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/index.php?title=KR_-_Update_May_9th_2018&setlang=en&fbclid=IwAR358oWzM5OV9toHvPfvofVpaR2zKIJpsxmqCre3NIEnUifCICsMfXh_OBQ#Skill

DzPpzCj.jpg&key=f3329215be39c211ed2c13d5

1 hour ago, Zombiex-DN said:

If you look at the bottom of this page, you can see the next update is 6.5 for KR. This was implemented during the course of 6.0 in KR. I don't think NCWest will follow through with this change yet, unless it's implemented near the end of this patch.

4 minutes ago, BrawI-DN said:

If you look at the bottom of this page, you can see the next update is 6.5 for KR. This was implemented during the course of 6.0 in KR. I don't think NCWest will follow through with this change yet, unless it's implemented near the end of this patch.

that was implemented after the 6.2 :)

yea was implemented near the end of this patch https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/6.2_Update, so it count as 6.5

15 minutes ago, Byzantius-DN said:

Yea and to which practically everyone who replied to your post either disagreed with you or found your post laughable.  You even started, "this is going to shock some of you."  A troll post doesn't count. @Matsukamy-KT

It was not a troll post lol, it was pretty darn serious. Actually I made that post after watching a korean Chanter win several 6v6 korean style against monster geared Templars, SMS, Sorcs, and Clerics, without losing even once. And at that time Chanter was indeed overpowered, but now the class is just ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

SMs have been broken since the game launched, with glads the red zerking + unraveling is stupid OP, but yes, lets buff glads and nerf chanter who finally get to be over powered for all of 1 patch....

lol dw mipha in the next patch red berserker don't gives 100% crit strike :) 

23 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

SMs have been broken since the game launched, with glads the red zerking + unraveling is stupid OP, but yes, lets buff glads and nerf chanter who finally get to be over powered for all of 1 patch....

Yes, glad red zerk is a completely idiotic skill. But it will be nerfed, although glad is arguably weaker this patch when compared to patches before. As far as SM goes, talking about SM is beating a dead horse. I don't think they will ever nerf the class as much as needed.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, MiphaBae-DN said:

They should nerf all 3 of them.

5 hours ago, 2s2F7C8E-DN said:

They should nerf all 3 of them.

They all get nerfed in their own way.

Chanters with HB and shards not affecting recovery spells, SM with aoe fear returning to 1min and strips removing only 0~1 buff, glads with blue zerking gaining better overall stats than the red one.

6 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

They all get nerfed in their own way.

Chanters with HB and shards not affecting recovery spells, SM with aoe fear returning to 1min and strips removing only 0~1 buff, glads with blue zerking gaining better overall stats than the red one.

Damn they actually did something right for once. They must have nyerked up something else real bad to compensate.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:19 PM, Aly-DN said:

Clerics can do that. Glads can do that. Pretty sure other classes, if geared to the teeth, can as well.

Chanters are pretty OP right now. But then again, they needed a buff. They have been on the bottom rung for far too long. Maybe the buff was too much, but I can't begrudge them the op-ness.

They were denied of Wind Mantra and Swiftwing, isn't it a nerf already? As well as Songweavers were denied of Soaring Sonnet :(  But we continue needing flight time when sprinting. Clerics, Rangers were also denied of flighttime  restoring skills :(

54 minutes ago, GlennTipton-KT said:

But we continue needing flight time when sprinting.

Get better wings. I don't mean that in a snotty way. Like literally, get better wings. The legendary (and ultimate ofc) wings have quite a bit of flight time in them. Even the COE/Mirash wings aren't too bad. It's just the Lakrum wings that have none at all.

Archived