Jump to content
Cyan

Weekly Server Maintenance - May 1, 2019

Recommended Posts

Liiny-DN   

I do know at some levels it doesn't increase attack and just defense or stuff like that, but never seen it not increase any of those. I guess it has something to do with the combine since top stats are greyed out and neither are going up.. 

But here it is:
unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Szellemoon-DN said:

I once ran a server for a game like Aion, and the fixes were fast and easy, there is not much code to look into, it is basically few code lines that admins a database, the game is run in the user PC, and the server gets the data from the processing, so basically it's just a huge database... I really don't understand why it takes so long to get fixes on stuff, tweaking and sniffing the troubles is not that hard, unless you mess with the main code then the fix could take some while as it can be really really hard to pinpoint the origin of the problem, even so, it never took me over a couple of days, maybe a week, and that working alone, while maintaining a regular job and investing a couple of hours at night... srly... if your dev can't fix problems as easy you may need to hire someone more competent, My guess for this error, is that players above 1star are flagged as "inside an instance" such as dreadgion or ID, so you should look for the switch on that to turn on/off correctly. This is just a mere guess...

 

OMFG......ITS A MIRACLE.......IVE BEEN SAYING THIS SHIT TO NCSOFT FOR nyerkING 7 YEARS!!!!!.......I OWN A SERVER.....I HAVE RAN MULTIPLE GAME SERVERS!!!!.....Szellemoon IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT...AND NCSOFT IS NEGLIGENT AS nyerk!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

No. SL was combined with BR to make KT. DN is a combination of TM, IS and KR. SL was not split between the two servers. People from SL may have transferred to DN, but they were not placed there.

This needs to be investigated because they don't know why it is happening. This patch, which came from Korea, has been implemented in several regions with some modifications to fit those regions. What is happening to us hasn't happened in any other region. So they need to figure out why.

1
1
1

ah that kinda makes sense i just knew that some of my frnds were in DN after i was put in KT.......oh and we all know why its happeneing.....its becuase they reset the gp ranking system......its simple actually.....i should get paid to explain these things to ncsoft.......you see when they reset the ranking system....everyone got more GP for being a higher rank and getting more kills depending on gear......well now becuase it was all flatlined.....its like a human synapsis in a seizure.....when it misfires...it has to fire multiple times to catch back up to normal pace.....basically...the game is stuck not sure were and when to give GP.....AP or anything in PVP.....there has to be a simple something that they changed like base GP or something that needed to be refreshed in those perameters becuase clearly none of the servers know were, let alone when, or how to distribute these currencies!!!!...i feel like the loot parameters for all pvp stuff in general will need a refresh!!!! or even what that one guy said were people are stuck somewere else than were they should be...that would make sense even with what i am saying as well becuase if they are stuck somewere else the parameters for loot change.....

Edited by Arkaida-KT
added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Liiny-DN said:

I do know at some levels it doesn't increase attack and just defense or stuff like that, but never seen it not increase any of those. I guess it has something to do with the combine since top stats are greyed out and neither are going up.. 

But here it is:
unknown.png

It can't be that no stat increased, even more on an ultimate weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its not changing as the combine weapons bonuses are higher. once your orbs bonuses are higher than the combine you will see it start to change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ksara-DN   
On 30/04/2019 at 8:45 PM, Cyan said:

Changes

  • The 4 week requirement for GP will be removed.

I've been here for over a decade. I was ARM GENERAL and the NCS decided to reset the ranking. Now they are saying that everything will return as before. So what is the purpose of the reset? 

Do it to the veteran player be definitely discouraged ... Okay. 

Congratulations NCS. I'm discouraged. You took something from me and now... I will hardly go back to the rankings. Then I will hardly go back to buying prestige pack with this change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Ksara-DN said:

I've been here for over a decade. I was ARM GENERAL and the NCS decided to reset the ranking. Now they are saying that everything will return as before. So what is the purpose of the reset? 

Do it to the veteran player be definitely discouraged ... Okay. 

Congratulations NCS. I'm discouraged. You took something from me and now... I will hardly go back to the rankings. Then I will hardly go back to buying prestige pack with this change. 

Prior to this update some toons (like mine) still needed 800 gp to get rank back if you lost rank prior to the GP reset. Basically I needed 800 gp to get any rank, not 175 for 1* star.  That is the 4 week requirement for GP they removed. 

GP will still reset every 4 weeks at the start of a new season. 

Edited by Triffnixxxx-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

Prior to this update some toons (like mine) still needed 800 gp to get rank back if you lost rank prior to the GP reset. Basically I needed 800 gp to get any rank, not 175 for 1* star.  That is the 4 week requirement for GP they removed. 

GP will still reset every 4 weeks at the start of a new season. 

4
4

this whole GP reset thing would just fine if.......IT WASNT COMPLETELY nyerkING BROKEN AND NOONE HARDLY IN ANY SERVER IS GETTING ANY CONTRIBUTION WHATSOEVER IN SIEGE!!!!......I've played a few years myself and was getting up there on leader boards and I was willing to earn back my rank...BUT NOW PLAYING THERE GAME IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF nyerkING TIME IF THE GAME CANT EVEN RECORD MY nyerkING KILLS ANYWHERE IN THE GAME!!!!......LITERALLY, I HAVENT GOTTEN RECORDED KILLS AT ALL FROM SIEGE SINCE THIS NEW GP RESET HAPPENED!!!....

Edited by Arkaida-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why the heck did you remove BOTS from the game? How the heck we will get 50 kills in the game? This is stupid really and i guess its time to go to UK.

Edited by Zib-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
3 hours ago, Zib-KT said:

Why the heck did you remove BOTS from the game? How the heck we will get 50 kills in the game? This is stupid really and i guess its time to go to UK.

Wait. What? You can't get 50 kills in a week without killing bots? Sure. Killing bots is quicker, but it's not the only way to get your kills. Not to mention that if they did a bot sweep and banned many, they will be back in a day or two.

There are so so so many things wrong with our game right now and what makes you want to quit is that you can't get easy kills? I am sure you will fit right in in EU. 

Best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zib-KT said:

Why the heck did you remove BOTS from the game? How the heck we will get 50 kills in the game? This is stupid really and i guess its time to go to UK.

Go to the opposite faction's kibrium farm spot. That's 3-10 kills in a 2-3 minute time period unless you're very undergeared. Even if they end up killing you, it's still worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zib-KT said:

Why the heck did you remove BOTS from the game? How the heck we will get 50 kills in the game? This is stupid really and i guess its time to go to UK.

Funny, I usually get between 20-30 in one siege. Guess I'm lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GitGud-DN said:

Funny, I usually get between 20-30 in one siege. Guess I'm lucky.

He is a chanter, perhaps he heals more than kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyan how if at all will we be compensated for AP? Will everyone be getting the same amount or what was actually played for? Do I have to submit a ticket? I’d like to know something so I’m not wasting my time when I could be doing something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OhhPieceOfCandy-DN said:

@Cyan how if at all will we be compensated for AP? Will everyone be getting the same amount or what was actually played for? Do I have to submit a ticket? I’d like to know something so I’m not wasting my time when I could be doing something else.

probably he has no idea how that will turn out.

for us, there  is no safe way to know what we should do to not completely waste our time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 8:30 PM, Vellly-KT said:

What would be the fun of aion ??

1. Do wars against enemies to gain ap and enchanmt?

2. How can I do this if I do not gain abyss points ??

3. mario world is more fun than this bug that has not been fixed for a week and needs more research ???

4. what a joke.

5. I am unclogging the game.

6. Good luck to thrashing players who still paid to play a bugged and crap game.

Mario world is pretty fun compared to this. When I was a kid I always thought games would get better and better, but they just seem to be getting worse and worse. Market got flooded with people who have terrible ideas for games, refuse to listen to the player, get super greedy, stop making games for the love of it, but for the profit of it = you're gonna have a bad time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   

Hello all,

I know you're all awaiting a fix for the AP/GP issue. Unfortunately the build we received from the development team today did not address the issue like we had hoped, so we will need to wait for another build from them. As soon as it's working properly we will be getting it out but as of right now we don't have an exact date. Hopefully we're able to get this out before maintenance next week. 

As for the compensation, we're still looking at who has been impacted by this the best solution for it, but there's no exact answer as of right now. We know for a number of reasons this is causing frustrations and we're working to get this addressed as quickly as we can.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going on a week and a half of a CORE part of the game not working, and the best you guys come out with is we got a bad build from the dev team? Just about everybody has no way to make any progress on pvp gear, not to mention if you ran out of ap you can't craft deava skill either. This is down right pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello all,

I know you're all awaiting a fix for the AP/GP issue. Unfortunately the build we received from the development team today did not address the issue like we had hoped, so we will need to wait for another build from them. As soon as it's working properly we will be getting it out but as of right now we don't have an exact date. Hopefully we're able to get this out before maintenance next week. 

As for the compensation, we're still looking at who has been impacted by this the best solution for it, but there's no exact answer as of right now. We know for a number of reasons this is causing frustrations and we're working to get this addressed as quickly as we can.

Thank you.

I can tell you who is impacted; Everyone officer rank or higher has been impacted. There is no AP for close to 10 days that's from the mine instance, that's from all the pvp instances, that is from open world pvp and siege. Also those at siege get no credit so no GP no box in the mail no enchantment stone bag no IDD reset scroll on successful defense. That is the impact and it is a pretty damn serious one.

Edited by Euphoria-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello all,

I know you're all awaiting a fix for the AP/GP issue. Unfortunately the build we received from the development team today did not address the issue like we had hoped, so we will need to wait for another build from them. As soon as it's working properly we will be getting it out but as of right now we don't have an exact date. Hopefully we're able to get this out before maintenance next week. 

As for the compensation, we're still looking at who has been impacted by this the best solution for it, but there's no exact answer as of right now. We know for a number of reasons this is causing frustrations and we're working to get this addressed as quickly as we can.

Thank you.

 

15 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

I can tell you who is impacted; Everyone officer rank or higher has been impacted. There is no AP for close to 10 days that's from the mine instance, that's from all the pvp instances, that is from open world pvp and siege. Also those at siege get no credit so no GP no box in the mail no enchantment stone bag no IDD reset scroll on successful defense. That is the impact and it is a pretty damn serious one.

Everyone has been affected by this bug! I did not get to officer, but I also can't do siege or else I'll stop gaining AP. I also can't do IB or ID!

So, everyone has been affected!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

 

Everyone has been affected by this bug! I did not get to officer, but I also can't do siege or else I'll stop gaining AP. I also can't do IB or ID!

So, everyone has been affected!

Yes, but not everyone has been equally affected.

Is it fair to give the same compensation to people who still do IB and ID as to those who stopped to IB and ID? I don't think so. Some people also still go to siege, even though they have officer rank- they get nothing right now.  Shouldn't they get more than those people who don't siege during this time?

I don't even know how they'll provide fair siege compensation now. It won't be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Yes, but not everyone has been equally affected.

Is it fair to give the same compensation to people who still do IB and ID as to those who stopped to IB and ID? I don't think so. Some people also still go to siege, even though they have officer rank- they get nothing right now.  Shouldn't they get more than those people who don't siege during this time?

I don't even know how they'll provide fair siege compensation now. It won't be easy.

Someone mentioned going through logs..  I say good luck with going through a week+ of logs and getting it all, 100%, right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Yes, but not everyone has been equally affected.

Is it fair to give the same compensation to people who still do IB and ID as to those who stopped to IB and ID? I don't think so. Some people also still go to siege, even though they have officer rank- they get nothing right now.  Shouldn't they get more than those people who don't siege during this time?

I don't even know how they'll provide fair siege compensation now. It won't be easy.

Yes it is fair because people are not going because they get nothing out of it, lol! It's time wasted.

I love sieging, but I'm not attending any because if I do I'll get ranked and I won't be able to do herelym for AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×