Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - March 7, 2018

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, March 7, 2018 from 6:00 AM to 8:30 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hour and 30 minutes.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. An issue with Arena of Discipline, Arena of Tenacity and Grand Arena of Tenacity entries being reset during server restarts will be fixed.
  3. An issue with level 65 Special Courier Passes not working with Aethercannons, Cipher-Blades, and Harps will be fixed.
  4. An issue where group leaders in Evergale Canyon could not kick players will be fixed.
  5. Daishunerk's Game of Fate rewards will be updated.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week

IKsYgko.jpg gt88nNHZpSfkFtprRgZplhPII01d5PuVaBJdnpp0wNF2ojh.jpg

• Cyan pinned this topic
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"My buddy didn't get into this Evergale.. kick kick kick kick.. oh! There he is."

"I don't like that guy.. kick."

"That guy has no gear.. kick."

"A level 69? Hell no. Kick."

"This alliance is only 75s with gear. I don't know you, you get kicked. Kick kick kick."

You asked for it. You got it. Let the tears begin.

6 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

"My buddy didn't get into this Evergale.. kick kick kick kick.. oh! There he is."

"I don't like that guy.. kick."

"That guy has no gear.. kick."

"A level 69? Hell no. Kick."

"This alliance is only 75s with gear. I don't know you, you get kicked. Kick kick kick."

You asked for it. You got it. Let the tears begin.

Even worse? We're losing.. kick kick kick.....

1 minute ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

And why does it have to be like that?? ive seen more active players with no gear, lvl -73, than top ranked and full geared players 

My point is that the "leader" is going to kick because they want to win. They will want 75s. They will want gear. That's what wins. 

@Hime says that the Coalition rules will apply. I don't think the leaders are going to care. Why? Because people are terrible.

Having a kick function is so horribly open to abuse that it will be worse than the afk problem.

10 minutes ago, Hime said:

Per usual and similar to the Coalition guidelines, abusing the kick functionality outside of its intended use will not be tolerated.

Thanks for speaking to us Hime, we really appreciate it and hope you are much more active on the forums. However this issue will come with problems because there won't be an algorithm to determine who will be a suitable leader.

Leader could be afk and not use the function, leader could be a troll or a bad and kick people. AFK isn't the main problem though, its premades which are turning matches into total blow outs.

They need longer queue time so that leagues with premades with face against leagues  with premades. Its just so unfair when you have a premade alliance just demolish and have full map control in two minutes, afk barely has anything to do with that.

You gotta make it where you can only premade a maximum of two times per day, that way Evergale Canyon will be less sweaty and more of a casual environment where all archdaevas can contribute regardless of level and gear. We have other instances where premades have made those instances highly competitive like Kamar, Iron Wall Warfront and Idgel Dome which are not particularly welcome to anyone less than level 73.

Please first keep Evergale Canyon as fair and evenly matched as possible, you already did good by bring the instance back from the dead with patch 5.8 but there are improvements. As for the AFK situation, I would introduce a 2nd tier losing team award at 2500 mark which awards 1 artifact core fragment to help encourage participation and some sort of AFK check.

I want to see premades vs premades, and quick entries vs quick entries.

6 minutes ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

*snip*

You gotta make it where you can only premade a maximum of two times per day, that way Evergale Canyon will be less sweaty and more of a casual environment where all archdaevas can contribute regardless of level and gear. We have other instances where premades have made those instances highly competitive like Kamar, Iron Wall Warfront and Idgel Dome which are not particularly welcome to anyone less than level 73.

*snip*

VeneratedDangerousBlackbuck-size_restric

To make matters worse there are Elyos hacker premades from Katalam side that run Evergale and ruin the instance, and the quick queue Elyos mentality has changes so much that they believe unless the have Mochigirl or hacker premades leading them they will give up and thusly refuse to participate and AFK, which is why you see a lot of Asmo quick entries beating Elyos quick entries quite a lot. When they do have such premades you suddenly see a huge swing in partipation rates for Elyos.

As for Asmos, the AFKers somehow just know if they are gonna vs premade before the gate opens which is quite the phenomenon. Clearly this shows premades are a problem to why theres AFK.

14 minutes ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

They can make it 3 premades, but points is we can't have people who premade always win and have dominant 90% win rates it ideal if they quick entry more often.

So join a premade rather than restricting everyone that wants to join a premade for every run that they do. 

Seriously. You have completely lost your mind if you think that people should be -forced- to quick queue.

Archived