Aion 7.0 Skill Changes

Violeta-KT

There are quite a few skill changes coming for all existing classes. Many have returning DP skills, CC skills like sleep and silence have been evened out in pvp across all classes. You can check all changes over at the Powerbook, but these are some notable changes from classes I play.

Songweaver

• Exultaion: Heal Boost+500, HP+ 2000, Magic Attack -500
  • Impassion: Magic Attack +500, Magic Accuracy +2000, Heal Boost -800
  • Hymn of Rejuvenation: HoT greatly increased to 1370/2sec
  • Symphony of Destruction: No longer a DP skill, 250mp, 15min CD
  • Minstrel's Flair: Returns as a 2k DP skill.
  • Quaver: Only 3sec silence/bind

* Purification Melody is showing as a single Target skill instead of party, not sure if this is true or not. There are a lot of skills that were once party skills that are showing as single target now (SoD is another one) so I'm going to assume for now that it is a bug in the database/descriptions still haven't been finalized.

Spiritmaster

• Fear: Duration 10sec, lasts 50% on PCs
  • Fear Shriek/Nightmare Scream/Nightmarish Shriek: Duration 13-14sec, lasts 50% on PCs
  • Nightmarish Lament: Duration 9-10sec, lasts 50% on PCs
  • Curse of Fire/Water: Duration 8 sec, lasts 50% on PCs
  • Flames of Anguish: Duration 10sec, lasts 50% on PCs
  • Summon Lava/Tempest: No longer requires DP, 5min CD
  • Disenchant: Returns as 2k DP skill, removes 2 buffs, no damage, 10min CD
  • Magic Implosion: Now only removes 1 buff, DoT greatly increased 1086/4sec for 31sec
  • Aegis Breaker: No longer removes buffs. Instantly Inflicts 1132 earth damage, DoT greatly increased 1317/3sec for 15sec, 10sec CD.
  • Infernal Pain: Can no longer be cleansed. Damage Increased.
  • Dispel Magic: No Longer causes damage, instant cast.
  • Sigil of Silence: Binds/Silences for 5 sec

Sorcerer

• Vaizel's Wisdom: Now Increase PvE attack by 500
  • Soul Freeze: Silences for 5sec
  • Summon Rock: CD reduced to 18sec, Damage reduced
  • Illusion Storm: Stun reduced to 3sec
  • Boon of Quickness: CD reduced to 2min
  • Sleep: Scarecrow: Duration 12sec, lasts 50% on PCs, CD 11sec
  • Curse of Old Roots: Duration 10sec, lasts 50% on PCs
  • Curse of Roots: Duration 12sec, lasts 50% on PCs
  • Sleeping Storm/Slumberswept Wind: Duration 16sec, lasts 50% on PCs
  • Storm Strike/Glacial Shard: Damage reduced
  • Magic Rush: Magic Accuracy Increase removed, Magic Attack/Magic Crit increased to 1200

* Ranger will no longer be able to Sleep Arrow Sleeping Storm, since their Sleep Arrow only lasts 6sec on PCs.

Cleric

• Prayer of Focus/Resistance: CD reduced to 30sec
  • Splendor of Recovery: Heal decreased, removed HoT (it gets added to Ripple of Purification)
  • Healing Light/Grace, Flash of Recovery: Heal increased
  • Enfeebling Burst: Reduces Physical/Magical Attack by 500 for 15sec, no longer does damage
  • Resurrection Loci: CD Increased to 2min
  • Ripple of Purification: Heal reduced, added HoT 1383/2sec for 15sec
  • Splendor of Rebirth: Removed Defense Increases
  • Chain of Suffering: removed Magic Resist decrease
  • Judges Edict: Reduces Magic resist by 3000, Magic defense by 1000
  • Restoration Relief: Increased heal to 10000
  • Saving Grace: For 30sec Increases the targets Physical/Magic defense by 500, no longer heals. 1min CD
  • Benevolence: Heal Boost +400, Magic Attack -300. No longer consume additional MP. 10sec CD
  • Sacrificial Power: Magic Accuracy +1500, Magic Attack +1000, Magic Crit +1000, Heal Boost -1000. 10sec CD
  • Word Of destruction: No longer requires DP. Inflicts 980 Fire damage and inflicts additional 980/2sec for 30sec. Removed decrease healing. 2min CD
  • Salvation: Returns as a 2k DP skill. 
  • Summon Noble Energy/Punishment Energy: Damage increased
  • Cleanse: 0sec CD
  • Festering Wound: No longer does damage, removed MR reduction.

Chanter

• Word of Wind: No longer requires DP. Description doesn't specify it is a party skill, will have to check when update drops.
  • Protective/Protection Ward: Becomes Chanter's new 2k DP.
  • Block Curtain: Instantly Heals for 4000 hp. Shield Increased to 30000. 1m30sec CD.
  • Stamina Restoration: Heal is the same, Increases Heal Boost by 300 for 10sec, 40sec CD
  • Debilitating Incantation: Reduces Accuracy/Magic Accuracy by 1000, Reduces Physical/Magic Defense by 500.
  • Word of Instigation: No longer increases Magic Attack
  • Healing Conduit: Increased heal to 500/hit (hilarious that they finally decided to buff this)
  • Winter Circle: Increases Physical Attack by 2000, Speed by 20%, Attack Speed by 20% for 30sec.
  • Word of Inspiration: Increases Physical Attack/Accuracy/Crit/Heal Boost by 500 for 15sec.

* Chanters no longer buff magic attack, wtf.

Lots of these changes might be wrong/will change as this is still from an early build of 7.0.

@Lapis-DN made a thread on Cleric/Chanter changes I only noticed after I wrote this up.

What are your favorite/concerning changes?

I don't see how CC skills have been "evened out " , some of this changes address PVE but not at all what the class would want in PVP (looking at sorcs), other classes that don't need buffs are getting them (such as chanters). Why aren't all classes getting DP skills back?

9 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I really disliked how dps cleric/sw can't do any support to the group anymore.They have to full DPS especially SW case where it was unique for a SW can do support and dps in same time.

nyerking finally, if clerics fall, songweavers fall.

preach 7.0

plus there's other ways to support than healing, dispelling is also a thing

Chanters will be very fun. Awesome change on Stamina Restoration and Ressonant Strike
I like how Word of Inspiration will become the "Lucidity" of this patch! And finally some crit strike buff. 

Also Healing Conduit looks nice now!

But, so sad we lost the hability to buff magical attack

15 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Update

Sorcerer

• Soul Freeze: Silences and Binds for 5sec

Chanter

• Word of Wind: Now specifies it buffs party members

do you know if Rejuvenating Spell remains AoE group heal?

On 11/24/2018 at 8:46 PM, Neleth-KT said:

I really disliked how dps cleric/sw can't do any support to the group anymore.They have to full DPS especially SW case where it was unique for a SW can do support and dps in same time.

SWs and clerics can still support, but it enchances your ability to do so.  I personally love these updates as it allows clerics/SWs take on more traditional DPS roles or full support roles and enhances it more.  But if you choose to do full support but want to do DPS there will be drawbacks, as there should be. Or you can stay middle of the ground by not using the buffs. 

21 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Update

Sorcerer

• Soul Freeze: Silences and Binds for 5sec

Well sorcs just moved up the food chain. As a past sorc main it was so horrible fighting rangers and sins. Unless you outplayed them you lost that match up. Especially if they were as geared as you and a decent player. Although I would have to say that if they don't lower the damage of some of the sorc skills melee might be in trouble. My first love was and will always be sm but I chose to main cleric this patch due to a stupid bet I made with myself and lost :/ All in all though some of the skill changes puzzles me. Just hope they don't break the game more and if I am still playing this 1000% will be playing the new class.

8 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

Chanters will be very fun. Awesome change on Stamina Restoration and Ressonant Strike
I like how Word of Inspiration will become the "Lucidity" of this patch! And finally some crit strike buff. 

Also Healing Conduit looks nice now!

But, so sad we lost the hability to buff magical attack

do you know if Rejuvenating Spell remains AoE group heal?

If you haven't noticed already, the Powerbook was updated with range and target information for each skill. Rejuvenating Spell is still a group heal.

Given the new system, cloth/leather/chain/plate doesn't matter anymore.

Outclass their attack a cloth can tank physical damage indefinitely where as before they would be shredded. Or a plate can tank magical damage indefinitely that would have 2 shot before.

They should just do away with the 4 classes of gear and let everyone wear anything they want.

Yea... Can't wait to know the true changes. Jeez. As a songweaver SoD change is cool but does it still effect party? The dp skill is back which is nice since all I do is run around with 4k dp all day... Hymn of Rejuvenation, very nice, and 3 sec bind/silence with a 30 second CD... When everyone else's last longer and shorter cool down already. Personally I wish they still did the silence and bind separate. Plus my silence only last for 3 or 4 seconds, 5 seconds if I'm lucky. I dont understand why impassion and exultation would attack the other stats so harshly. Personally my heals don't do enough cuz I don't have enough heal boost already to make it matter. Can't believe we are already talking about 7.0...

2 hours ago, StaNooblaitK-KT said:

Yea... Can't wait to know the true changes. Jeez. As a songweaver SoD change is cool but does it still effect party? The dp skill is back which is nice since all I do is run around with 4k dp all day... Hymn of Rejuvenation, very nice, and 3 sec bind/silence with a 30 second CD... When everyone else's last longer and shorter cool down already. Personally I wish they still did the silence and bind separate. Plus my silence only last for 3 or 4 seconds, 5 seconds if I'm lucky. I dont understand why impassion and exultation would attack the other stats so harshly. Personally my heals don't do enough cuz I don't have enough heal boost already to make it matter. Can't believe we are already talking about 7.0...

Yes, SoD is still a party skill. IMO the changes to Exultation/Impassion and Sacrificial Power/Benevolence aren't harsh enough. They are only on a 10sec CD so worse case you shut off the skill do your healing/attacking and turn it back on in 10sec. The CD should be higher so both classes really have to make a choice between attacking or healing. SW heals are way too strong and are instant cast while moving with the Daevanion skill, it's pretty broken for a class to do so much damage while being able to heal itself so easily.

Are chanters not actually reading the changes.  The removal of dp from WOW would seem like a good thing but now your assigning 2k dp to a protective ward (currently 1 minute cd if I recall correctly) and a skill that I totally spam nonstop.  Seems like a freaking nerf to me and I am pretty unhappy with it minus the fact we aren't buffing magic attack now.  I could understand if like instigation buffed magic and WOI buffed physical attack but I am lost on the reason behind some of these changes.

On 27/11/2018 at 3:10 PM, Gabe-DN said:

Are chanters not actually reading the changes.  The removal of dp from WOW would seem like a good thing but now your assigning 2k dp to a protective ward (currently 1 minute cd if I recall correctly) and a skill that I totally spam nonstop.  Seems like a freaking nerf to me and I am pretty unhappy with it minus the fact we aren't buffing magic attack now.  I could understand if like instigation buffed magic and WOI buffed physical attack but I am lost on the reason behind some of these changes.

I must agree.
Also I was thiking that WOI got a HB buff, not a descrease. :(

That's justify why Stamina Restoration got that 10s +300 healing boost, but still, we lost protective ward and now its a skill locked on DP 

On 11/27/2018 at 11:48 AM, Violeta-KT said:

Yes, SoD is still a party skill. IMO the changes to Exultation/Impassion and Sacrificial Power/Benevolence aren't harsh enough. They are only on a 10sec CD so worse case you shut off the skill do your healing/attacking and turn it back on in 10sec. The CD should be higher so both classes really have to make a choice between attacking or healing. SW heals are way too strong and are instant cast while moving with the Daevanion skill, it's pretty broken for a class to do so much damage while being able to heal itself so easily.

I do make a choice of heal or dps. I pick impassion for more damage. My heals aren't high enough to counter other players damage for some reason. Says heals for 1680 and it heals like like 1800ish which everyone either hits that hard or harder. Maybe because I'm undergeared idk but even before I never thought songweaver heals were op. They are a nice touch. If I can get a chain off without taking damage I'm happy but that doesn't happen to me often. My chain heal starts with casting, I believe one the deavanion skills just boost my hp up and heal increase for 3 secs so the 2 heals after make up for the loss of the first skill. From what I was reading on it unless it's missing stuff in the description, or worded wrong. I have already read many typos already and it's great. Honestly I love this game. Also 10 seconds is along time... Maybe cuz I'm undergeared but yes I have been melted in a matter of 5 secs or less. 

Archived