Aion 7.0 - Cleric and Chanter Skills rebalance

Lapis-DN

So, the new Skill database is out, and I was mining the changes on priests! I think they did relevant changes on the priest classes, because during 6x patch both Cleric and Chanter are able to provide support while causing insane ammounts of DPS. Also, Chanter lost his ability to boost Magical Status, and the price for cleric to be DPS / Support is a bit higher now.
Check out:

Cleric

Benevolence:  Increases Healing Boost by 400. New effect: descreases Magical Attack by 400.

Splendor of Recovery: The skill no longer provides the Heal over time effect.

Ripple of Purification: Removes up to 5 abnormal conditions cast on you and up to 6 group members within a 25 m radius of you, and also recovers 5979 HP. New effect:  Additionally recovers their HP by 1383 every 2s for 14s.

Word of Destruction: The skill no longer reduces Healing Effects on affected targets. The skill no longer requires DP to be used. Cooldown reduced to 2m.

Sacrificial Power: Increases your Magic Accuracy by 1500, Magic Attack by 1000, and Magic Crit by 1000, in exchange for losing Healing Boost by 1000. Active Skill.

Salvation: The skill is back to Cleric list, and costs 2k DP. Same effect as before

Saving Grace: No longer heals. The skill increases Magic Defense and Physical Defense by 500 for 30s.

Enfeebling Burst: No longer deals damage. The skill descreases the target's Physical Attack and Magical Attack by 500 for 30s.

Chanter

Word of Inspiration: The skill no longer affects the whole group.The skill no longer gives Magical Attack status. New effect: Self buff. Increases the caster's Physical Attack, Accuracy, Crit Strike and Healing Boost by 500.

Protective Ward: The skill no longer costs MP. Requires 2000 DP to be cast. New effect: Shield duration increased to 20s. Healing Boost increased to 500.

Word of Instigation: The skill no longer gives Magical Attack status. Increases the group's Physical Attack, Accuracy and Crit Strike by 500.

Stamina Restoration: New effect: Restores 6081 HP and 6081 MP, and for 10s, boosts the caster's Healing Boost by 300.

Ressonant Strike: Cooldown descreased from 2m to 30s.

Debilitating Incantation: New effect: descreases the target's Magical Defense and Physical Defense by 500 for 15s.

Curtain of Light: The skill no longer provides the Heal over time effect. Cooldown reduced from 2m to 1m30s. Block capacity boosted to 30000 HP.

Healing Conduit: Healing effect was greatly increased, from 81 to 500 per hit.

Numbing Blow: Base damage increased by 100%.

Word of Wind: The skill no longer requires DP to be used.

I think the changes are (mostly) nice. They kinda ressurected Ascension Spell with the new effect of Word of Inspiration, and I love it! +500 Healing Boost? wooooooooooping!
But Protective Ward becoming a DP skill is bad :(

I will mark some priests I know in this thread, I hope you like it guys

@Vantheria-DN @Jella-DN @Hinotori-DN @Bryos-DN @Edmond-KT  @Aly-DN @XOliviaX-DN @Gabe-DN @Capa-KT

51 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

Ripple of Purification: Removes up to 5 abnormal conditions cast on you and up to 6 group members within a 25 m radius of you, and also recovers 5979 HP. New effect:  Additionally recovers their HP by 1383 every 2s for 14s.

But y tho. =3=

Glad to have Salvation back.

1 hour ago, Lapis-DN said:

@Vantheria-DN @Jella-DN @Hinotori-DN @Bryos-DN @Edmond-KT  @Aly-DN @XOliviaX-DN @Gabe-DN @Capa-KT

NYERK

1 hour ago, Lapis-DN said:

@Vantheria-DN @Jella-DN@Hinotori-DN @Bryos-DN @Edmond-KT  @Aly-DN @XOliviaX-DN @Gabe-DN @Capa-KT

YES!

The Bene/Sacri changes aren't that dramatic because practically it'll translate to fussing with the toggles a bit more than now which is... an inconvenience, I think.

By the way, I see Noble Energy also got tweaked. Instead of the current 1096 damage, it will be doing 3836. Punishment energy is also going up from 784 to 2944.

Judge's Edict's numbers went up - instead of -1500 MR and -380 magic defence it's -3000 and -1000.

The duration of Root appears to be down to 5s instead of 8-10s.

It looks like almost all of Cleric's single target heals got spruced up a bit which is nice, they currently feel a bit meh against everyone's HP pools.

Curiously, Splendor of Rebirth's Mdef/Pdef boost effect isn't in the description. Chain of Suffering also doesn't say anything about MR reduction now. Some other descriptions have had information about range etc. removed, so unsure how meaningful the absence of some effects in them is.

Oh and apparently Restoration Relief will heal for 10k instead of 5k. That's a change.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:44 PM, Lapis-DN said:

Word of Destruction: The skill no longer reduces Healing Effects on affected targets. The skill no longer requires DP to be used. Cooldown reduced to 2m.

Ooooo noice. Noice.

Saving Grace: No longer heals. The skill increases Magic Defense and Physical Defense by 500 for 30s.

Is this worth even using in 7.0? Doesn't seem like it, or maybe I'm missing something. I'm not super experienced at my cleric.

Stamina Restoration: New effect: Restores 6081 HP and 6081 MP, and for 10s, boosts the caster's Healing Boost by 300.

*drooling increases*

Word of Inspiration: The skill no longer affects the whole group.The skill no longer gives Magical Attack status. New effect: Self buff. Increases the caster's Physical Attack, Accuracy, Crit Strike and Healing Boost by 500.

Word of Instigation: The skill no longer gives Magical Attack status. Increases the group's Physical Attack, Accuracy and Crit Strike by 500.

Hmm. It would be nice if these stacked. It seems like Inspiration would be good if you know you're gonna be doing a lot of healing, but if your group has low dps, then Instigation would be better. It seems like you would just have to decide on a situational basis -- I guess kind of like we do now. What do other chanters think?

On 11/24/2018 at 6:14 AM, Lapis-DN said:

So, the new Skill database is out, and I was mining the changes on priests! I think they did relevant changes on the priest classes, because during 6x patch both Cleric and Chanter are able to provide support while causing insane ammounts of DPS. Also, Chanter lost his ability to boost Magical Status, and the price for cleric to be DPS / Support is a bit higher now.
Check out:

Cleric

Benevolence:  Increases Healing Boost by 400. New effect: descreases Magical Attack by 400.

Sacrificial Power: Increases your Magic Accuracy by 1500, Magic Attack by 1000, and Magic Crit by 1000, in exchange for losing Healing Boost by 1000. Active Skill.

Salvation: The skill is back to Cleric list, and costs 2k DP. Same effect as before

Enfeebling Burst: No longer deals damage. The skill descreases the target's Physical Attack and Magical Attack by 500 for 30s.

Chanter

Protective Ward: The skill no longer costs MP. Requires 2000 DP to be cast. New effect: Shield duration increased to 20s. Healing Boost increased to 500.

Debilitating Incantation: New effect: descreases the target's Magical Defense and Physical Defense by 500 for 15s.

Curtain of Light: The skill no longer provides the Heal over time effect. Cooldown reduced from 2m to 1m30s. Block capacity boosted to 30000 HP.

Healing Conduit: Healing effect was greatly increased, from 81 to 500 per hit.

Numbing Blow: Base damage increased by 100%.

I think the changes are (mostly) nice. They kinda ressurected Ascension Spell with the new effect of Word of Inspiration, and I love it! +500 Healing Boost? wooooooooooping!
But Protective Ward becoming a DP skill is bad :(

I will mark some priests I know in this thread, I hope you like it guys

Clarification, there has been a mistranslation. Like other classes dps buffs word of inspiration reduces hb by 500. The wording is a bit weird, so when u put the description through other translators it says " adds 500 hb reduction",also the Google translate of the balance laboratory page says reduces healing boost

On 27/11/2018 at 9:10 PM, Primatus-DN said:

Clarification, there has been a mistranslation. Like other classes dps buffs word of inspiration reduces hb by 500. The wording is a bit weird, so when u put the description through other translators it says " adds 500 hb reduction",also the Google translate of the balance laboratory page says reduces healing boost

13 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Word of Inspiration causes a decrease to Healing Boost by 500 (not increase)

Yes, I know, I saw it on the balance laboratory blog. But I can't edit the op anymore 

This is pure BS for chanters... as soon as we get on Ranger, AT, SM, GLAD, Cleric, Sorc, & SW level of dps after 9 years of being gimp by everyone... they nerf us. Cleric gain a 1500+ buff in magic attack and we get spit on again. Said it once and say it again... clerics should not have so much dps & ability to full heal, & ...if they do then so should chanters in the PHYSICAL aspect if clerics do it from the MAGIC side. NCSoft DEVs you'er just knocked in the head and have no sense of balanced play.

• 2 weeks later...

In a way our damage is increasing at the cost of group damage. Word of inspiration would no longer buff group so the dps chart would fall for group members while staying the same for us. But overall the damage will have gone down due to 6.5 changes. All I hope for is word of inspiration and instigation stacking.

1 minute ago, Primatus-DN said:

They edited the post with new info. Pve damage of all skills that do damage on hit ,  Pressurized Chamber, Rapidfire Deluge, Pledge/Promise of earth, Blessing of wind, Scoundrel's Bond, Apply Lethal Venom, Powerful Shot(Minion skill), Enhanced Powerful Shot(Minion skill), Pulverizing Attack(Minion Skill), Crouching Dragon Kick(Minion skill)  has been doubled.

Archived