Forums

[Event] Stormwing Orb

Hello,

We can only transfer the Stormwing Orb within the event period. Once the event ends, we will no longer process transfer requests for the item.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Son
NCSOFT Support Team

YOU GUYS TOLD ME I CAN TRANSFER IT IN EVENT PERIOD.

lie ?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a ticket I submitted on 04/01/2021 #23685844
Me: "Hello, I would like to know if I could use one of my restoration tokens to transfer item "Loyal Stormwing orb" from character XXX to character XXX, within the same account. Thanks in advance."

GM Izko: "Hello, thank you for contacting Aion Support. After reviewing your request, we have verified that we can transfer the [Event] Loyal Stormwing Orb to your character "Gigaboy". Please note that this will consume 1 Restoration Token on your account. Should you choose to proceed, you will only have 0 Restoration Token left afterwards. Please let us know if you would like us to proceed with the transfer."
Me: "Do I have a time limit to do that? Or I can request the transfer anytime between here and the end of the event?"

GM Izko: Hello, Regarding your inquiry, we can transfer the item as long is it within the event period. I hope this information helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with."

This morning they closed that request without letting me proceed. I opened a new ticket (#23689187), asking to finish the transfer, and I received these comments that "it was no longer possible and that players were abusing that".

Even though my request started BEFORE this unethical change without previous announcement and that on this account I have not transferred the item before (hence no "abuse"), they still refuse my request.

Excellent support that cares about the players.

@Kibbelz

58 minutes ago, Flatten-KT said:

@Kibbelz please tell me that they are going to be taking away the extra apostles that other people got before they stopped allowing the egg to be transferred. As long as they do that then fine, whatever. If not, this is completely wrong!

This would only create more problems than it would solve. Being spiteful and asking them to take away something that was not gained for free is the worst answer.

@Kibbelz There was absolutely no abuse and many people were told it was allowed. Additionally, egg transfers were allowed on the last stormwing event as well. NcWest only has themselves to blame for not doing Apostle events sooner for transforms that are needed by many players and are impossible to get in-game by any form of reasonable game play. The only two available from grinding are azphel an ariel apostles and those take 1,500 exp marks EACH and require lv9 renown in both factions territory. Who in their right mind wants to spend all their time grinding EXP marks every waking moment just to spend 10+ weeks buying apostle shards? As I said NCWest is at fault and they should have not stopped allowing Loyal Orb transfers seeing as it is completely unreasonable not allowing people to freely spend their restoration tokens to complete event quests to progress in game in a reasonably timed fashion. People don't want to be grinding apostles for a whole other year by the time 8.0 comes out and Apostles are no longer relevant.

Additionally, NCSoft Korea has done several events since 7.5 that allowed players to gain apostles for free. So, it is only fair to the player base seeing as none of these things gained are BCM items to begin with. Furthermore none of the player who knowingly cheated during the Christmas Meloons event to get legendary and apostle contracts were punished in any form, it would be wrong to punish anyone over contracts gained legitimately and fairly.

12 minutes ago, Khonsu-DN said:

This would only create more problems than it would solve. Being spiteful and asking them to take away something that was not gained for free is the worst answer.

If they aren't going to let everyone do it then it is only fair that no one benefits. I'd rather everyone gets a chance to get apostles though. 

4 minutes ago, Flatten-KT said:

If they aren't going to let everyone do it then it is only fair that no one benefits. I'd rather everyone gets a chance to get apostles though. 

Considering more than half of the players benefited from this, this would be the least fair option and cause the most damage to players trying to enjoy the game. Their only option is to re-open transfers in exchange for restoration tokens.

8 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

Considering more than half of the players benefited from this, this would be the least fair option and cause the most damage to players trying to enjoy the game. Their only option is to re-open transfers in exchange for restoration tokens.

Exacty, it’s not only a question of apostle but also the daily rewards like daevanion books and enchants that have been used, how could they reroll on that ? It is totally not possible to revert this, there are only 2 options - re-enable the transfers or spit in the face of half the community.

50 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

I agree that re-opening transfers is their only non-douchebag option. I'm just saying that if they do go with the douche bag decision they can maybe be slightly smaller douche bags if they make it at least fair for everyone. Either we all should have the option to exchange restore tokens for apostles or no one should have the option. AGAIN, I'd rather they re-open transfers though.

1 hour ago, Flatten-KT said:

I agree that re-opening transfers is their only non-douchebag option. I'm just saying that if they do go with the douche bag decision they can maybe be slightly smaller douche bags if they make it at least fair for everyone. Either we all should have the option to exchange restore tokens for apostles or no one should have the option. AGAIN, I'd rather they re-open transfers though.

My transfer request was open. They did told me it was posible. This morning they closed that request and when I ask to finish the transfer they told me "nope, rules changed".

Even though when I started the request and asked the transfer the rules allowed me to do that, and they even confirmed that. Even though on my account I NEVER transfered the egg before. 

Not only they are being unethical, they are not even paying attention to the circumstances.

@Kibbelz

This is a completely unfair topic that shouldn't be even discussed and reverted right away. 

As simple human logic were there has been people  that abused and fulfilled these request of transfering eggs previously and there is currently evidence of this happening, game and community aren't that huge for that to be kept and hidden so we don't have to even go over that. 

If people has been able to complete several transfers with the support working on this kind of tickets there are only 2 possible outcomes after you shut this down:

1- Roll back all the egg transfers for people and removing the extra apostles used for them. 

2- Remove this new and not shared block over the transfer so people is able to move the item as it has been working for WEEKS so far. 

This is a serious issue that impacts on the community, people has been able to complete and get collections that are extremely hard to get and now others that could have the same chance are being denied without any tangible explanation than "No, we won't transfer this anymore" 

That's basically why companies and events have Transparency Policies and Bases and Conditions , this particular change you decided to come out with allowing other people to do so was never referred on announces or previous posts.

Hope someone with actual power of decision analyzes and gives a proper response about this sudden decision. 

If people has the tokens to transfer the item and wants to do it they must be allowed to do so MOSTLY when others have been able to in the past.

This is completely unethical. No one abused any rules. Players made more than one request in the exact same ticket even. Each time Support asked if "there was anything else" they needed assistance with. There was no underhanded acts. Support fully knew and allowed these players to move their [Event] Loyal Stormwing Orb for as many times as the player had Restoration Tokens. Every player has the right to this same courtesy. You can not change rules in-between and alienate players . Again, this is unethical. @Kibbelz @Hime This rule needs to be reversed for the duration of the Event. You can change the rules next year.

This was something that should have been thought of before the event started, not now after thousands of eggs have been transferred.

While some laugh with 4 apostles for free, others only with 1

it was already expected to happen

A little unfair, that's all

It is more than 'a little' unfair. Think about how rare some of these apostles are and how much players are benefiting from completing collections they had no way to complete before. Not to mention, we are talking about ethics here. You can't ethically offer a service to people and then without warning stop offering it "just because". There was no notice the rules were going to be changed. They just decided to stop offering it without a just explanation.

36 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

This is completely unethical. No one abused any rules. Players made more than one request in the exact same ticket even. Each time Support asked if "there was anything else" they needed assistance with. There was no underhanded acts. Support fully knew and allowed these players to move their [Event] Loyal Stormwing Orb for as many times as the player had Restoration Tokens. Every player has the right to this same courtesy. You can not change rules in-between and alienate players . Again, this is unethical. @Kibbelz @Hime This rule needs to be reversed for the duration of the Event. You can change the rules next year.

To be honest, it’s beyond my understanding how ppl could abuse the support. Did they put a gun to their head and asked to transfer the egg ? Players cannot do anything if supports disagrees. If someone could abuse anything, it can only be the support.

Honestly this is screwing over such a MASSIVE amount of the player base. Theres still an entire month left of the event and so many players, myself included, were waiting until the final few weeks before transferring. And overall, this is more then just Apostles and collections. Personally, I wanted to transfer my egg so I can get dev skills on my cleric and gunner without having to go spend months farming trying to get the right ones, the Apostles were really a benefit to that. This mechanic has helped A LOT of players, and to remove it is ridiculous.

Lets be real here. No I highly doubt the possibility of transferring the egg and was intended to be a mechanic. But the players found a loop hole, and you cant just block that. Players did this during the first stormwing event and its not our fault it wasnt caught. You guys cant simply remove the transferring of the egg in the middle of this event. Thats like making everyone refund the kinah from the kinah box event. 

Overall I applaud NCWest for the events we currently have and are getting alongside the rewards we've been given for these events and the new items coming to the BCM. But the transferring mechanic is something that too many players have benefited from. You cant simply just let all these people have all their apostle collections and these dev skills and items, but then decline it from everyone else. This is just like what happened with the Pixel Transformations. 

Asking GM's to take away people's apostles is the worst possible and selfish request. It would be punishing players who did nothing wrong. Both support and Kibbelz verified near the beginning of the event players were allowed to do this. No rules were broken, nothing was abused, no exploits, no bugs, nothing wrong was done. Support and the GM's changed their stance on transfers for some reason, which they shouldn't have done, but to advocate punishing players who simply did something they were allowed to do, is completely wrong.

This is so ridiculous.

This is SO unfair to the people who haven't already used 3 restoration tokens to gain their apostles.

NCSOFT doing this has now created an even bigger gear gap between players. NCSOFT needs to allow people to use these restoration tokens for their apostles and then remove this in the FUTURE. Removing this ability halfway through the stormwing event means some people have already got 3-4 apostle contracts via restoration token and some have gotten none. That's ridiculously unfair.

NCSOFT hasn't given us any apostle events like other regions so this was the only way we were going to get some of the apostles that we needed.

I'm so mad. I haven't been this mad about one of their decisions in the 11 years I've played this game. Ridiculous. 

Can't wait to PVP and die in two seconds because some people have 270 crit damage from the apostle restorations and I didn't get anything because I didn't jump on it early enough. Not. 

@Kibbelz @Loki

I strongly urge y'all to reconsider this decision you made on a whim. This is unfair to everyone who didn't get a chance to use their restoration tokens to move their stormwing eggs. You now have half the server with very high stats from the transformation collections and half the server who has no way to fight against these players because they don't have apostle collections. 

Let people move their eggs this time around, and the next time you give a similar event, state AHEAD OF TIME that restoration token usage is prohibited. 

But, let us do it for this event. People waited over a year for this event to come back just for this exact reason. Imagine throwing that time and waiting down the drain for so much of the community. Heartbreaking. 

3 minutes ago, GenericUser46108 said:

@Kibbelz @Loki

I strongly urge y'all to reconsider this decision you made on a whim. This is unfair to everyone who didn't get a chance to use their restoration tokens to move their stormwing eggs. You now have half the server with very high stats from the transformation collections and half the server who has no way to fight against these players because they don't have apostle collections. 

Let people move their eggs this time around, and the next time you give a similar event, state AHEAD OF TIME that restoration token usage is prohibited. 

But, let us do it for this event. People waited over a year for this event to come back just for this exact reason. Imagine throwing that time and waiting down the drain for so much of the community. Heartbreaking. 

I'm sorry, I hate to say this, but you are seriously over-exaggerating apostle collections. Apostle collections do not make players God-mode as you seem to put it.  They are hardly comparable to extra manastone stats. Yes, NcWest should continue to allow everyone to benefit form the event but this is in no ways game-breaking as many people are implying.

1 minute ago, Khonsu-DN said:

I'm sorry, I hate to say this, but you are seriously over-exaggerating apostle collections. Apostle collections do not make players God-mode as you seem to put it.  They are hardly comparable to extra manastone stats. Yes, NcWest should continue to allow everyone to benefit form the event but this is in no ways game-breaking as many people are implying.

In some ways, yes youre right. But for me I was going for the Ariel and Azphel transformations. something that is Game breaking because without this event i would NEVER be able to get it. And in many other ways it is game breaking. For newly Jumped Characters you can get them ulti manastones, dev skills, armor enchants etc. and get premade toons the same thing. You could come out of this event with your new Jumped Character having a full set of dev skills, and somewhat enchanted/socketed armor. Thats saving people countless hours of farming. No its not descructive game breaking, but it saves people countless hours of farming alongside getting things that would be unobtainable.  

Very unfair to allow some people to use a token to transfer the stormwing orb and therefore get a rare apostle transform and NOT let others to do so with the same means! This is clearly a complete inequality and also imbalances the game. Please find a remedy that doesn't punish others..

58 minutes ago, Khonsu-DN said:
59 minutes ago, Khonsu-DN said:

Apostle collections do not make players God-mode as you seem to put it.

?,,  apostle collections do make players god mode.

Very big amazing huge different . 아 진짜 답답하네

Archived