Weekly Server Maintenance - June 9, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Haaaaaappy Tuesday everyone!

So as you might guess, we will be having routine maintenance tomorrow. Maintenance will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will last for approximately 2 hours 45 minutes. The 1-Kinah Retune event will end, and we will be deploying our recently announced Ultimate Joker's Gambit promotional event, as well as the following updates:

• GP Season will end and GP will be reset.
  • Fixed some quests not displaying in Crimson Katalam.
  • Fixed some minor typos in item descriptions.

Thank you Daevas!

Just now, Kibbelz said:

Haaaaaappy Tuesday everyone!

So as you might guess, we will be having routine maintenance tomorrow. Maintenance will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will last for approximately 2 hours 45 minutes. The 1-Kinah Retune event will end, and we will be deploying our recently announced Ultimate Joker's Gambit promotional event, as well as the following updates:

• GP Season will end and GP will be reset.
  • Fixed some quests not displaying in Crimson Katalam.
  • Fixed some minor typos in item descriptions.

Thank you Daevas!

I think the event information they released is missing a lot of things. I'm not sure what the cards do, it says somewhere that there are aether forging recipe's below but I don't see any. What is going on in this event?! It is supposed to be a transform event I guess, does that mean there will be a chance to get an ultimate box at the end if we combine a certain number of legendary transforms like we had a few months ago?

2 minutes ago, Crush said:

I think the event information they released is missing a lot of things. I'm not sure what the cards do, it says somewhere that there are aether forging recipe's below but I don't see any. What is going on in this event?! It is supposed to be a transform event I guess, does that mean there will be a chance to get an ultimate box at the end if we combine a certain number of legendary transforms like we had a few months ago?

Yea, I was going to say...it looks f*cked up. The recipes are the other events rewards listed.

Last time we had this event we got 3 free Joker cards that weren't even enough for 1 craft attempt. So the 3 "free" cards are useless on its own and not really free when you have to buy 3 more . After some outrage we got 3 more cards for at least 1 TRULY free attempt at an ancient/legendary contract. So the same scam is being tried again expecting a different outcome or what exactly is going on?

The event page has been updated, dunno if that is a final edit or not. Remember the Balaurea Request Event and it's critical recipes? It seems to be just as scummy as that was. F2P players don't get enough cards to do anything as well. The event is horrible.

The event has high prices for items. The event is cash shop only. The event is designed to get you to buy at least one attempt initially with the incomplete "discount bundle" and the incomplete "free bundle", which will get some people to keep trying after the first attempt. Anything using Aetherforging for events is an attempt to get people to think the critical rates are the same as non-event recipes when they are actually lower (or at least the objective recipe is). Any event is also suspect as a quick cash grab when considering their moves on Facebook and Twitter in regards to Classic. Absolutely horrible.

3 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

Yeah its the same bs all over again, 6 cards for 1 attempt, with only 3 of them free.

I'm glad all that feedback from last time has been put to good use(not). @Kibbelz

Well that sounds like it's going to be a flop event.

Bring on Classic.

guys i know NCwest putting out event that make us to buy stuff but server need people to look after. 

they need money to maintain the server. i know it is stupid. 

can anyone indicate how they (NCwest) make money to maintain server? 

if you guys have better idea

i hate it too but also let's be honest. NCwest is not charity, it is business company.

they are losing money right now every year goes by. last year they lost 50mil

so i hate what they are doing with event but at the same time i understand

WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO MAINTAIN SERVER? IF YOU HAVE BETTER IDEA?

i think what you guys asking is "we dont wanna pay anything but asking for free stuff" 

if i were NCwest CEO i wouldve closed server already since losing money quick.

i hope nobody take this offensively cuz it is true  

if you dont wanna spend money that's fine but let's not complain about it.

dont say sell skins only or something cuz how many people will buy skin? most of us dont even spend for pvp nor pve gears...

sometimes us (aion players) asking too much.

33 minutes ago, KissYB-KT said:

guys i know NCwest putting out event that make us to buy stuff but server need people to look after. 

they need money to maintain the server. i know it is stupid. 

can anyone indicate how they (NCwest) make money to maintain server? 

if you guys have better idea

i hate it too but also let's be honest. NCwest is not charity, it is business company.

they are losing money right now every year goes by. last year they lost 50mil

so i hate what they are doing with event but at the same time i understand

WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO MAINTAIN SERVER? IF YOU HAVE BETTER IDEA?

i think what you guys asking is "we dont wanna pay anything but asking for free stuff" 

if i were NCwest CEO i wouldve closed server already since losing money quick.

i hope nobody take this offensively cuz it is true  

if you dont wanna spend money that's fine but let's not complain about it.

dont say sell skins only or something cuz how many people will buy skin? most of us dont even spend for pvp nor pve gears...

sometimes us (aion players) asking too much.

Well, first of all, they make absolutely no effort in knowing how the game works and what players really need.

If they do that, THEN they will have the basic knowledge to sell stuff that people could actually use and events would not flop.

Costumers like to be heard and like to be well treated. 

This event, for example, they don't even bothered to update with more Apostles or the last two Ultimate transforms.

Do you think a paying costumer will open their wallets for this, if for example, they just need Ereshkigal? Hell, no.

Their complete absent knowledge of the game and lack of even trying to brainstorm new ideas or and change/adapt events for NA modeling it based players need is what makes the vast majority of players ignore this type of events.

But don't worry, I'm sure a few gamblers gotta gamble...

I checked the items and the 2 other Ultis are there(but no other apostles). It's kinda messy tbh with no lists, but I tried to organize them in lists:

[BCM] Joker’s Quality Transformation Contract (32 types)
(Ancient)
Rotund, Fennec Fox, Tiamat Followers, Tarha Krall, Blackmane Mau, Cat, Denku, Tejhi, Tiamat Drakans, Beritra Drakans, Ereshkigal Drakan, Pixel. Guardians of Light, Guardians of Darkness, Minion of Oblivion, Ereshkigal's Apostle, Beritra's Apostle, Tiamat's Apostle

(Legendary)
Hamerun, Bollvig, Kromede, Tahabata, Mastarius, Veille, Sheba, Viola, Frigida, Modor

(Ultimate)
Kaisinel, Marchutan, Tiamat, Ereshkigal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[BCM] Joker’s Quality Transformation Contract (14 types)
(Legendary)
Hamerun, Bollvig, Kromede, Tahabata, Mastarius, Veille, Sheba, Viola, Frigida, Modor

(Ultimate)
Kaisinel, Marchutan, Tiamat, Ereshkigal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[BCM] Joker’s Shining Quality Transformation Box can give one of the 2 boxes:

***Quality Legendary Transformation Contract Selection Box (27 types)***
Agile Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract
Bollvig Transformation Contract
Clever Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract
Frankenstein Transformation Contract
Frigida Transformation Contract    
Hamerun Transformation Contract
Irnin Transformation Contract
Israphel’s Apostle Transformation Contract
Kaisinel’s Apostle Transformation Contract
Kromede Transformation Contract