6.0 info

Kubei-DN

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

That doesn't even make sense. 5.8 is done and ready for release next week. Do you really want to play 5.6 through April/May/June/July while we wait for 6.0?

Play 5.8 for what? everything I get will now be lost and knowing NC, maybe not even rewarded.

for me to skip this update and have 6.0 in March at most would be good

until April June July and long but if it was for March at the most I would expect after all, I do not intend to play at 5.8 with encouragement.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Calista-DN said:

Does Aion necessarily need to copy Wow's PVP mechanics and/or balancing? 

If you have played other games where literally every class had a stun, interrupt, slow, mezz, etc then the PVP was horrendous (SWTOR is one such example).

I'm sure that there are people who really enjoy wow's pvp, personally, I don't need to necessarily copycat wow.

Note that there is a big difference between giving silence to all classes and removing godstones, including silence godstones.

Im not necessarily saying Aion needs to copy wow pvp exactly simply stating PVP in aions form with RNG of godstone's does not make for fair and even pvp and hasnt since they have been in existence.The pvp will improved majorly by the removal of these and the people against it are the one's that need a crutch rather than their own skills and using timing to beat someone.

1. Reorganization to 4 race-specific fields and 1 new field added

As previously mentioned, fields in Aion have been greatly reorganized. Areas that have been divided into multiple locations have been reduced to 4 race-specific maps and one common map, Lakrum.

Changes apply to both, live and masters servers. Garrison content that was only available in Gelkmaros and Inggison on the master server will now be available in Lakrum.

LevelField

1~10Poeta/Ishalgen

11~40Heiron/Beluslan

41~55Inggison/Gelkmaros

56~75Signia/Vengar

76~80Lakrum

Uncomfortable quest lines have been rearranged to match the new growth line. After starting a quest, you will move to the next area to finish it. As you move along with the quest, you will navigate around the area to make sure nothing was left unfinished.

2. ‘Lakrum’, the new field as the center of the new content.

‘Lakrum’ will be available for players after reaching level 76. It allows players to participate in raids, Garrison content and grow to the highest levels. The new field was designed for both races. Battles await you in the center of the map.

Artifacts and bases are scattered around the map. Capture them to perform special tasks.

Collect quest rewards, and exchange them for upgrade materials and new grade equipment.

The garrison system works the same way as the one currently available in Esterra and Nosra. Occupy more bases for additional rewards.

120180103140346.jpg
[Lakrum Base occupied by Elyos]

For a more convenient way to move, there will be teleports between the bases available. Thanks to this, you will be able to move to the base where battles are in progress much faster. Additionally, there are windstreams and geysers that are not only helpful to move between locations but also in battle.

3. Raiding in Lakrum and Sieging Fortresses.

In Lakrum, special monsters appear every day and every week. There are the Ereshkigal’s Army patrolling the fortress. Named that appears 3 times a day can be attacked with 6 players. Named that appears twice a week can be attacked with 48 players. Named monsters will appear in various places of Lakrum and will drop new Manastones, PVE Enchantment Stones, and Stigma Enchantment Stones. Face the new raid challenge with a group or alliance.

220180103140350.jpg
[Raid monster]

At the end of Lakrum, the fortress will go under siege at 10pm every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The race that destroys both gates and inner defenses will win. The fortress will not reset before every siege. It will remain race-controlled after the 1st siege. Depending on your score, PVP upgrading items, PVP Enchantment Stones, Honour Points, Abyss Points will be awarded. The rewards will be based on your personal contribution so participate actively.

Divine Fortress goes under siege every Sunday at 10pm, and can be accessed through a portal at each race’s base in Lakrum. Divine Fortress hasn’t been changed.

Depending on your contribution during Lakrum sieges, you will be awarded with PVP upgrade items, PVP enchantment stones, Ultimate production materials, Honour Points and Abyss Points.

For smooth mathiching and progress, existing battlefields have been reorganized.

After the REFLY update, there will be 3 Dredgions, Runatorium and Neviwind Cannyon.

In case of arenas, there will be 3. Arena of Discipline, Arena of Cooperation, Gold Arena.

Other battlefields, arenas, and training arenas will be removed.

4. Instance reorganization and new ‘Prometon Workshop’ dungeon

Makarna, Divine Tower, Garden of Knowledge, Mirash Sanctuary, Narakkalli will be moved to Lakrum with the new instance.
Tower of Challenge will now be a time-attack instance with 20 floors, and the difficulty will increase with each floor you pass.

‘Prometon Workshop’ is a new group instance that has been hidden for a very long time. In order to deal with prisoners using powerful ice arrows, cooperation and communication among the group members will be more important than ever.

Steel Wall Bastion, Katalamize, Library of Knowledge and instances for levels 65+ that have not been move to Lakrum will be removed.

The difficulty of Makarna will be increase, Garden of Knowledge will now be for 3 players, and Narakkalli for 6 players.

Taken from Kelekelio's post of Aion EU forum

Wow, so, interesting.

Drakenspire Depths, Frozen Monolith, Cradle of Eternity, Mirash Sanctum and Bastion of Souls will be moved to the new shared map. Meanwhile, Eternal Bastion, Illuminary Obelisk, Danuar Reliquary, Linkgate Foundry, Infinity Shard, Archives of Eternity, Adma's Fall, Theobomos Test Chamber, Drakenseer's Lair, Fallen Poeta and Trials of Eternity will be removed.

And, so, for battlegrounds, means Grand Arena of Tenacity, Arena of Chaos, Arena of Glory, Iron Wall Warfront, Kamar Battlefield, Ophidan Warpath, Idgel Dome Landmark, Engulfed Ophidan Bridge and the training arenas will be out. Leaving us with Evergale Canyon, the Dredgions and the original Idgel Dome.

I will miss IO. I always loved that instance, with best music, coolest looking mobs and creative design. RIP though.

After the REFLY update, there will be 3 Dredgions, Runatorium and Neviwind Cannyon.

In case of arenas, there will be 3. Arena of Discipline, Arena of Cooperation, Gold Arena.

Other battlefields, arenas, and training arenas will be removed

This better be a nyerking mistake not implemented past PTS. What in the flying nyerk are people supposed to do for pvp instances if they remove Chaos, hell even Grand Hall, and OW and IWW and KBF ? What in the nyerk.

No one cares about the 65 instances that only served to feed GP and largely outdated gear (except the chanters and clerics who needed a hb set but nyerk them anyways amirite) but the pvp instances ? They better wake the nyerk up or this might kill the people's interest for 6.0 in the egg.

Canyon isn't everyone's cup of tea for sure, just look at all the people that still have no clue how to even enter or what the objective is. IDL is cool but that's only a 5 to 20min fight. Dredgion is ridiculously pve-oriented since they made the boss fight twice as long as it used to be in lower level dredges, and it's either a 45 min never-ending pain in this ass or a 10-15min pve rush. What are people supposed to do the rest of the time ? Pve in one of the 5 relevant pve instances ? Open-world for days ? Hey open-world is nice don't get me wrong, but that dark ass map isn't going to excite everyone's inner zerger when you can just... quit on this senseless mess of a simplification.

The maps' removal makes so much sense, but the pvp instances ? Not one bit. One could argue that with less pvp instances, the pvp will be better in them and present even in dredge- cool right ? Yes very cool when your mid-gear casuals will get wrecked in 30seconds then get to afk the rest of the instance. Oh was that your last run of the day other than infinite Canyon galore? How tragic.

RIP Eb Online.

As for Iww, kbf , ow, idl being removed that kinda sucks but hopefully what they are doing is removing those versions and adding in a new lvl 75 to 80 version sorta what they have done before.  This is all still early sure we will find out more as days go by.   They are just talking right now about old instances being removed and not the new ones being added so hopefully that info just not released yet

Sadly I can't modify my original post again and link posts, so hopefully @Cyan might fix it in the future.

In the meantime, I can say I'm pretty excited for 6.0. Sad we got to get through 5.8 first, but skipping Heart of Frost is virtually impossible. Western release of 6.0 might happen after summer, if not later.

8 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Sadly I can't modify my original post again and link posts, so hopefully @Cyan might fix it in the future.

In the meantime, I can say I'm pretty excited for 6.0. Sad we got to get through 5.8 first, but skipping Heart of Frost is virtually impossible. Western release of 6.0 might happen after summer, if not later.

like clock work we get big patches 6 months after Korea.  So if they get Jan 17th we will get around  July 18 or bit later.  Example Korea got 5.8 Jun 14th and we getting Jan 10th which is almost 7 months but that is because NC NA does not due updates in Dec do to office closing so the timeline should still be close of Jul to early Aug

1 hour ago, Tyd-KT said:

RIP Eb Online.

As for Iww, kbf , ow, idl being removed that kinda sucks but hopefully what they are doing is removing those versions and adding in a new lvl 75 to 80 version sorta what they have done before.  This is all still early sure we will find out more as days go by.   They are just talking right now about old instances being removed and not the new ones being added so hopefully that info just not released yet

IDL = Runatorium. It will stay with ReFly.

7 minutes ago, Tyd-KT said:

like clock work we get big patches 6 months after Korea.  So if they get Jan 17th we will get around  July 18 or bit later.  Example Korea got 5.8 Jul 13 and we getting Jan 10th which is almost exactly 6 months

well we don't have precise info about the update yet, but according to aionpowerbook we will not get the full version of 5.8,  the last update Korea had was in November 15th, so i guess we can add 3 or 4  extra months to the wait o.O

3 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

well we don't have precise info about the update yet, but according to aionpowerbook we will not get the full version of 5.8,  the last update Korea had was in November 15th, so i guess we can add 3 or 4  extra months to the wait o.O

last few patches we have got the full blown version including latest updates so maybe they will do same with 5.8.  We got the whole 5.6 patch so who knows either way we still should get 6.0 in mid to late summer

8 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

IDL = Runatorium. It will stay with ReFly.

Yeh I knew that and still put it in there 2 coffees not enough for me this morning I guess.  Thanks for correction

Good thing we kept IDL and not ID. It was hot garbage.

I will be partly dissatisfied by OW's removal. It was a PvP instance that required knowing the instance. I liked being able to stomp premade groups because they stuck to PvP only.

KBF didnt make much sense that it was still around, but it was fun, except for the heavy damage bombs.

Edit:

Evergale Canyon... It was actually a really nice designed instance. Simple to understand and with lots of possibilities. The problem was that they allowed people to be kicked. And those who left before the match ended screwed it over for the others because if they had at least stayed, more chances that additional stuff would have gotten unlocked.

Also, queuing system was a bit meh. You have a lot of people on both sides waiting on Quick Queue, more than enough, and it didn't start.

On 1/1/2018 at 9:49 PM, Kubei-DN said:
  • Items will be divided in 3 categories: Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate. This is scrapping the old Superior, Heroic, Fabled, etc. we currently have.

What will happen to those items we currently have ? Will the superior etc. items be deleted ? I am wondering what happens to my skins that I have stored on some normal or superior items, will I loose them ? 

I have the feeling that with so many maps being removed from the game ,it all points towards creating one large continent where all the action will take place.Just like in Lineage 2,you have the kingdom of Aden with just few other maps that can be reached through flying or swimming.It's interesting how many updates were released in such a short time :D.

4 minutes ago, Silmarie-DN said:

What will happen to those items we currently have ? Will the superior etc. items be deleted ? I am wondering what happens to my skins that I have stored on some normal or superior items, will I loose them ? 

They'll probably change it to something that's closest to that rank. If you have Mythic, it's probably be Ultimate, but can't be said for certain. Maybe they're scrapping everything and only new items will be categorized.

Archived