Players deserve to read this (the nice form)

Lucimon-DN

Ok my last post was deleted because there were some "unsavory" things said but the truth needs be out there - now I know our NA Team can't do nothing because let's face it, we do not have a true NA team for Aion that can make anything or get anything going for the community.  In short if its not happening in korea its not happening here....but either way here goes again.  The nice way.

@Cyan Last week there was a conversation about events during the covid-19 crisis.  Many people are on lockdown forced to stay inside their homes and find ways to entertain themselves during this time.  AFK Events & Purchase Event's give no reason to "actively enjoy and P L A Y the game." (Emphasis on the verb *play)

While the "world" is going into a financial crisis again, this time with people trying to avoid getting sick, spreading disease, losing their jobs, and trying to cope with this disaster.  NCSoft has once again failed to take note amongst its base as a developer of entertainment.  Performing Immoral tactics as to blindly syphon off their community's emergency funds.  

The majority of games that I am currently playing have developers enacting events in this time of need in order to keep their respective communities hopes up that, during this crisis as a whole, we will get through this.  They are producing content rapidly in regards to their COVID-19 responses to keep players "actively" engaged within their worlds.  Meanwhile, our situation as a community and around the world has once again gone ignored by NCSoft.  

During this time it would be sound to suggest to my community to take caution.  The world is going through a financial disaster and countless jobs are being affected.  While some have yet to feel the reverberation of the disease, take worry because it is a chain reaction and it will spread.  It is one thing to support your game developer's for doing a good job and there would be reasons to spend money on entertainment during these times of need.  Mental health just so happens to be a valid reason as well and entertainment can sustain that for us.  But as it stands, NCSoft is doing no such thing worthy of being supported at this juncture.  

Referring back to my initial paragraph - if its not happening in Korea it's not going to be happening here.  I believe it's safe to say NCSoft will not be on our side during this depressing stage.  They've repeatedly expressed a goal deceptively snagging players funds in the past.  Today, that goal remains paramount, as the company is during this time releasing an event (or lack thereof) in form of purchases.   Those of you familiar with the rewards in purchasing understand the magnitude of the release of this event.  But why release it during a time of financial crisis?  Why not postpone it? Is this not a time that would make a transaction such as this "immoral." 

Personally, I've seen and understood the tactics implemented time and again from NCSoft.  I avoid it as much as I can because If I support it in this form, it'll never change nor will it ever get better, and NCSoft will never truly consider "me, the player which is also "you." 

The outside world may not understand what's going on here but we do.  We understand the magnitude of releasing an event such as this in our world and normally we would all try to jump in and get a piece.  But many of us are caught up in the corona disaster that has taken our jobs, restricted us to being at home, and desperate to remain hopeful that we will make it through.   If I was to bring it to terms of the outside it would be relatable to someone purchasing all the hand sanitizer and price gouging everyone else back.  That's what NCSoft is doing right now in this moment.  Instead of building faith and focusing on its player base by helping them get through this moment in time.  They are instead choosing to purposely hunting down every form of available coin with little effort given to keep it form themselves.

This event tomorrow, in the sense of creating the actions it takes to complete from purchasing, selecting, and using the item is only a matter of minutes.  By paying the software developer to create a purchase button (20 minutes) , to create an in game item (5 minutes), paying an artist to design an ad to post online (4 hours), a translator to translate ( and by translate the name of the item and the purchase in the store that's really not a lot so lets say 5 minutes,) and these people get paid lets say $30/hr (being generous.)  Total time spent to get this up and running for NCSoft was literally chump change that any one of us could have paid for!  4 hours and 30 minutes times $30 per person involved dollars (being generous here again on purpose.)  NCSoft spent literally spent less than $600 to get this going for the sole purpose of syphoning off hundreds of thousands if not millions from its community during a disaster period.  Now if the outside world understood that do you really think this strategy of NCSoft would be ok during this time?  That's a serious thing to consider and it says a great deal about the future of this company when considering playin a new title.  Their morality, reliability, and ideals become painfully and seriously clear.  The intent here is malicious.  More than me making this post, my previous post that got deleted,  or the several others who began attacking NCSoft on the forums recently.  

There's nothing I can say or do that will cause NCSoft to act.  I just felt the need to get it out there and let these people know there's better.  There are companies out there that will watch out for you, take care of you, and work for you.  NCSoft has stopped "working" for me a long time ago....I wont quit yet, I do thoroughly enjoy the game (not all of it though)  the sad thing is this game was huge and had great potential but it was NCSoft's own greed that ran it down into the ground.  Some of what's great still exists and calls to me...

So I have questions that I ask myself.....

Is it worth it for me to financially support this company in a serious form?  More importantly is it "WORTH" it for me to "ATTEMPT" to financially support NCSoft when the world is in a financial crisis?  Is this going to be a "sound" investment for me to allow myself to put into NCSoft?  Will NCSoft be there for me when I need its entertainment the most?  Did the investment pay off?  Will remember NCSoft the next time its name is placed on a new title?

For now I see no reason to invest in NCSoft even with something so small as prestige...I need to be ready where ever this crisis takes me.

@Cyan this is who you work for - this is how you make your living - off our backs.  The players.  We give NCSoft our support - you work for NCSoft because of us - the players.  Can you really sit there and tell us there ain't a damn thing you can fight for?  Is there nothing you can get done for us?  Can you truly call yourself a "community manager?"  Because right now there's a lot of hopelessness and doubt in the community for the entertainment (or lack thereof) we receive and we need someone whos going to manage to keep us afloat. 

Only the community can punish, educate, and teach NCSoft.  I hope someday NCSoft learns that there more money to be made investing in its players then solely expecting its players to invest on them.

Too long to read my friend, the first three paragraphs are saying in short "if it doesn't happen in korea it wont' happen here".

I am not even sure what you were trying to say I couldn't finish this. Next time smaller posts with enough content.

If this is for the events then yes, afk event and p2w events aren't helping, the fact people are locked in and havel ittle to nothing to do in Aion might even push them away from the game in search for more content in other games.

If we like the game, support it. We each decide what the game is worth to us: $5, $50, or $500.

I hope we do not have to be so opp, win 1 v 5 or 1 v 10 etc, to have fun.

Aion is an MMO:

• Run with friends, groups of 4 or 5, laugh and have fun. Win some times and loose sometimes.
  • Others working together will take down the p2w players (sometimes?, most of the time?)
  • often enough to get that, "yeah, got em!" feeling we all enjoy, often enough.

Aion isn't so much p2w, it's pay-to-solo.

Ncsoft/west are doing nothing different to what they have done since tempering solutions hit the game. Cash shop orientated progression has always been in the game since then and will always be around long after the effects of c19 are gone be it 6 months or 5 years. If Aion is still around the same shit will still be going on because NCsoft discriminate against western communities.

ESO are having a free weekend to entice players in to buying the expansions while they are on sale(for 2 weeks i think it is) and BDO that have more events to help ease the problems but at the same time add loot boxes to their cash shop that people are spending 1000s and 1000s on. Every company is doing everything they can to improve their financial situation because they are also being affected. 

Ncwest are still doing the same shit they have always done and that is be a garbage publisher with 0 power to do anything for their communities. There are players that say everything in the past was to expensive and most of the paying players just told them to get a better job. At the very least NCwest is not trying to gain an inflated amount of reputation by stealing emergency funds through "Helping the community mechanics".

If anything NCsoft will use this crisis to shut down Aion in the west which they have probably been waiting to do for ages but the big spenders just keep spending so they have no reason to close it. 

Soooo- the sky is not falling.

No one is forced to spend the money. I personally spent a small amount of money on the event.  As  am lucky enough to be able to work from home and let my character AFK- while I look over once in a while- what do I see but some of the BGs  as well as the and biggest posters on LFG that scream "save your transforms for PVP"  and "we don't P2W"  spamming transform contracts as soon as this event started. I can just imagine the money they're spending.

So what - am I surprised that people started instantly throwing their wallets at this, or that their are hypocrites in  the big  "elite" legions? Of course not.

It doesn't bother me, it was much more aggravating when I had an ancient transform and legendary gear,  and people had a Kaisenel or legendary plus ultimate gear. gear. Now that virtually everyone has a legendary transform and some degree of ultimate gear things are much improved (though class balance is still abysmal).

3 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Guys, if you don't like the event, just don't participate in it. I'm not trying to be bitchy here, but seriously, just IGNORE THE EVENT. That's what I plan to do.

Well never mind, I had to come confess that I'm a liar. I had enough BC coin already in my account to try one time. I got Marchutan. Can't even +15 my shit half the time, but yeah ok. This game is so dumb lmao. I was just trying to get Frigida. xD

Took me 4 years and a fcking PANDEMIA to finally agree with Lucimon. I wish we could had compensations for REALLY PLAYING the game and not for spending 2 hours jumping in front of another 1000 alts doing the same.

Aion pvp is one of the best I’ve ever played and that’s why I came back when the lockdown started here in Brazil. But seems things never change and the AFK plus Wallet events are the only thing we’re getting right how...

4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Guys, if you don't like the event, just don't participate in it. I'm not trying to be bitchy here, but seriously, just IGNORE THE EVENT. That's what I plan to do.

How you can ignore something that affects your gameplay later? A lot more ppl running with ultimate xform, with full collection getting a high boost in status. This thing will unbalanced game more and more.

tbh it seems like this is gonna be yet a another downfall in our community and see a lot of people quitting after this, making our numbers even smaller which is not good. Its gonna get so unbalanced its just gonna make people stop logging in all together. As a player for almost 6 years I highly see myself leaving this year and its sad :< 

7 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

just IGNORE THE EVENT. That's what I plan to do.

just IGNORE THE EVENT. That's what I plan to do.

gz on Marchutan xform, btw

1 hour ago, Fact-DN said:

trying to act like i didn't admit that i used BC coin i already had

Reading is hard:

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Well never mind, I had to come confess that I'm a liar. I had enough BC coin already in my account to try one time. I got Marchutan.

Nice alt posting btw. Year 2020 and people still too scared to post on their mains. Smh, you still a virgin?

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Well never mind, I had to come confess that I'm a liar. I had enough BC coin already in my account to try one time. I got Marchutan. Can't even +15 my shit half the time, but yeah ok. This game is so dumb lmao. I was just trying to get Frigida. xD

lol congratz xD

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Reading is hard:

Nice alt posting btw. Year 2020 and people still too scared to post on their mains. Smh, you still a virgin?

You taking this way too seriously girl, unclinch and relax.

This isn't "posting on an alt acct because scared haha" btw, who is scared of internet people - much less Aion internet people?  This is the only acct I have remaining that can forum post.  New/active account won't even let me select a character to post from. But okay, something something insult hurling :)

I have to laugh at what people find important these days, again always worried what so and so is doing instead of just minding your own damn business.  Seriously if you dumb ass has to cash a stimulus check to get by I would say you have bigger problems then not being able to pay to play the event.

On 31/03/2020 at 7:43 PM, Lucimon-DN said:

Ok my last post was deleted because there were some "unsavory" things said but the truth needs be out there - now I know our NA Team can't do nothing because let's face it, we do not have a true NA team for Aion that can make anything or get anything going for the community.  In short if its not happening in korea its not happening here....but either way here goes again.  The nice way.

@Cyan Last week there was a conversation about events during the covid-19 crisis.  Many people are on lockdown forced to stay inside their homes and find ways to entertain themselves during this time.  AFK Events & Purchase Event's give no reason to "actively enjoy and P L A Y the game." (Emphasis on the verb *play)

While the "world" is going into a financial crisis again, this time with people trying to avoid getting sick, spreading disease, losing their jobs, and trying to cope with this disaster.  NCSoft has once again failed to take note amongst its base as a developer of entertainment.  Performing Immoral tactics as to blindly syphon off their community's emergency funds.  

The majority of games that I am currently playing have developers enacting events in this time of need in order to keep their respective communities hopes up that, during this crisis as a whole, we will get through this.  They are producing content rapidly in regards to their COVID-19 responses to keep players "actively" engaged within their worlds.  Meanwhile, our situation as a community and around the world has once again gone ignored by NCSoft.  

During this time it would be sound to suggest to my community to take caution.  The world is going through a financial disaster and countless jobs are being affected.  While some have yet to feel the reverberation of the disease, take worry because it is a chain reaction and it will spread.  It is one thing to support your game developer's for doing a good job and there would be reasons to spend money on entertainment during these times of need.  Mental health just so happens to be a valid reason as well and entertainment can sustain that for us.  But as it stands, NCSoft is doing no such thing worthy of being supported at this juncture.  

Referring back to my initial paragraph - if its not happening in Korea it's not going to be happening here.  I believe it's safe to say NCSoft will not be on our side during this depressing stage.  They've repeatedly expressed a goal deceptively snagging players funds in the past.  Today, that goal remains paramount, as the company is during this time releasing an event (or lack thereof) in form of purchases.   Those of you familiar with the rewards in purchasing understand the magnitude of the release of this event.  But why release it during a time of financial crisis?  Why not postpone it? Is this not a time that would make a transaction such as this "immoral." 

Personally, I've seen and understood the tactics implemented time and again from NCSoft.  I avoid it as much as I can because If I support it in this form, it'll never change nor will it ever get better, and NCSoft will never truly consider "me, the player which is also "you." 

The outside world may not understand what's going on here but we do.  We understand the magnitude of releasing an event such as this in our world and normally we would all try to jump in and get a piece.  But many of us are caught up in the corona disaster that has taken our jobs, restricted us to being at home, and desperate to remain hopeful that we will make it through.   If I was to bring it to terms of the outside it would be relatable to someone purchasing all the hand sanitizer and price gouging everyone else back.  That's what NCSoft is doing right now in this moment.  Instead of building faith and focusing on its player base by helping them get through this moment in time.  They are instead choosing to purposely hunting down every form of available coin with little effort given to keep it form themselves.

This event tomorrow, in the sense of creating the actions it takes to complete from purchasing, selecting, and using the item is only a matter of minutes.  By paying the software developer to create a purchase button (20 minutes) , to create an in game item (5 minutes), paying an artist to design an ad to post online (4 hours), a translator to translate ( and by translate the name of the item and the purchase in the store that's really not a lot so lets say 5 minutes,) and these people get paid lets say $30/hr (being generous.)  Total time spent to get this up and running for NCSoft was literally chump change that any one of us could have paid for!  4 hours and 30 minutes times $30 per person involved dollars (being generous here again on purpose.)  NCSoft spent literally spent less than $600 to get this going for the sole purpose of syphoning off hundreds of thousands if not millions from its community during a disaster period.  Now if the outside world understood that do you really think this strategy of NCSoft would be ok during this time?  That's a serious thing to consider and it says a great deal about the future of this company when considering playin a new title.  Their morality, reliability, and ideals become painfully and seriously clear.  The intent here is malicious.  More than me making this post, my previous post that got deleted,  or the several others who began attacking NCSoft on the forums recently.  

There's nothing I can say or do that will cause NCSoft to act.  I just felt the need to get it out there and let these people know there's better.  There are companies out there that will watch out for you, take care of you, and work for you.  NCSoft has stopped "working" for me a long time ago....I wont quit yet, I do thoroughly enjoy the game (not all of it though)  the sad thing is this game was huge and had great potential but it was NCSoft's own greed that ran it down into the ground.  Some of what's great still exists and calls to me...

So I have questions that I ask myself.....

Is it worth it for me to financially support this company in a serious form?  More importantly is it "WORTH" it for me to "ATTEMPT" to financially support NCSoft when the world is in a financial crisis?  Is this going to be a "sound" investment for me to allow myself to put into NCSoft?  Will NCSoft be there for me when I need its entertainment the most?  Did the investment pay off?  Will remember NCSoft the next time its name is placed on a new title?

For now I see no reason to invest in NCSoft even with something so small as prestige...I need to be ready where ever this crisis takes me.

@Cyan this is who you work for - this is how you make your living - off our backs.  The players.  We give NCSoft our support - you work for NCSoft because of us - the players.  Can you really sit there and tell us there ain't a damn thing you can fight for?  Is there nothing you can get done for us?  Can you truly call yourself a "community manager?"  Because right now there's a lot of hopelessness and doubt in the community for the entertainment (or lack thereof) we receive and we need someone whos going to manage to keep us afloat. 

Only the community can punish, educate, and teach NCSoft.  I hope someday NCSoft learns that there more money to be made investing in its players then solely expecting its players to invest on them.

i wish i can support them.. somehow i decided to play this game after 3 years, however it seems like they dont recognized my account or email. and somehow an email i creted ended up making up 3 accounts which i dont know how that is even possible.. is it a bug? the support system arent really helping and i guess that just means they arent working...

3 hours ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

if you who make money in dollars, you have no idea how we Brazilians suffer.

this event was for kinah sellers (hello Nod) to get their Kaisinel. But to do what, the differences are resolved in the fingers.

Just join the BlackMarket broski, everyone else is there selling and buying, Nod ain't the only one posting in the blackmarket.

Just find another game, preferably pay to play. Majority f2p games have same problems. Marketing wants to squeeze more $ from players. If you google, there are a lot of dark patterns how to collect more $ from whales and all players in general. 

Nothing to blame Cyan. He is just the middle man with minor impact on the project. He was put here to make impression that player opinion matters, but does it?.

Archived