[Feedback Update] World Bosses, Guaranteed Ulti Transforms, Minions/Events, AWS

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

We hope you are enjoying Patch 7.7! Today we’d like to go over a few topics from recent community discussions. Some of these items are from a bit further back than usual, as we’ve been readying Patch 7.7 for its deployment. Some of our team members were also helping support another major initiative for NC West: the launch of FUSER! Now that we’re past these milestones, we’d like to take a moment to speak on some of these points.

Guaranteed Ultimate Transformations

We saw quite a few inquiries asking if Guaranteed Ultimate Transformations would continue going forward for those who made a minimum threshold of attempts. We think this service is an important safety net for those who need it, and we will continue offering it during select transformation promotions. Our hope is that this reassurance will prove beneficial to those who have previously struggled to obtain an Ultimate Transformation.

World Bosses

We’ve definitely been observing much of the discussion around World Bosses, and while fixing the surface issue is a bit problematic (because of how legions and rewards function), we believe we can resolve the core issue in another way.

We’d like to begin adding some of the previous world boss drops to future content, to ensure these items are more accessible to players. The World Bosses themselves would still remain subject to the current reward dynamics, but this is something we can work with the development team to resolve in the long-term.

That will take time, and there may be design reasons which prevent it, so we think changing the reward availability is the best short-term solution here.

Minion Upgrades

Recently, there seemed to be much excitement around a promotion which was run in Korea regarding Grade S Minions. Because of this excitement, we would like to host an event next month which will provide players with guaranteed Grade S successes if they make a certain number of attempts to upgrade a Grade A minion.

Please let us know if this event type feels on-target! We know events are very important to you so we want to get this right.

Server Migration

Recently, we moved our servers over from one host provider to another. There was some concern among players who would like to have had this information shared earlier than it was, and that was helpful for us to know. In the future, we’ll keep a keener eye when it comes to sharing technical changes related to the game.

To players who wondered what motivated this move, we evaluated variables including stability, efficiency, location, provider support, and more (though these were the primary drivers). There was no single reason, and although the first week produced a few hurdles, we believe this change will lead to a superior experience for a majority of our players in the long-term.

That’s all we have for this week! Thanks for being with us on this journey, share some feedback on these topics or let us know what you’d like us to discuss in a future update in the comments below!

More players having access to Ultimates is always a positive. Won't ever say no to that. 

World bosses... are.. by far.. some of the worst content if you have any in-faction drama. I'm thinking back to when we had Illuma/Norsvold and it was Prov. Weapons that people were aiming to get, really exclusive until they weren't which ended up being better in the long run anyway. 

I wouldn't mind an event that gave us more S Grade minions all around.
As it stands, it's an effort to get there in the first place (Roughly a full month to get enough A Grade Minium to barely get 4 A Grade Minions maxed out with Luna spamming). And then you gotta contend with the 70% chance of success to get a S Grade to either wind up with a single A Grade or an S Grade you probably don't want. 
It'd be better to allow us to pick the S Grade we would get when we combine A Grades to give more freedom of choice to the player and how they want to play. 

I... still don't like the server migration that happened. To go from Texas which was relatively in the middle to Virginia all the way to the east created a disparity for anyone living further west. This game's heavy reliance on a low and stable ping to have an enjoyable experience hinges on the server being within an accessible distance to everyone... sadly, technology sucks and we aren't there yet, so while a move like this benefits the company, the players can't reap those benefits. 

Dear @Kibbelz

- Dont come with "chance" of geting Ultimate transformation by promotion events again.. lets make it clear, we want and need GARANTEED Ultimate by fusioning a number of legendaries or contributing enough on events (like the 500 contracts like the last time). We already have 4 Ultimates and people there standing with only legendaries even playing continuously and aways spending on promotion events. I understand u cant make the "fuse 12 and win" thing a fixed mechanic, but make sure to bring it back sometimes! Ultimate transformations isnt the only thing NCWest can make money. :)

World Bosses

- This would be awesome.. put WB content on events as well to ensure everyone can have their itens! Thanks for that.

Minion Upgrades

- Means nothing to make Minion fusion 100% after some tries if u dont give players Minions Rank A lvl4. I mean, that event would be nothing for new players.. only benefits people who live inside Minion Vault

Hello @Kibbelz thanks for making the post.

First: it appears as though the morph recipes for enchantment stones are gone, can we please get those back?

Second: Siege time appears to have reverted back to 9 PM Server time, which is 1 hour later than the community wanted.

Third: The +12 stigma reward is missing from the Candy Galaxy bundle.  Can this be corrected?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Minion Upgrades

Recently, there seemed to be much excitement around a promotion which was run in Korea regarding Grade S Minions. Because of this excitement, we would like to host an event next month which will provide players with guaranteed Grade S successes if they make a certain number of attempts to upgrade a Grade A minion.

Please let us know if this event type feels on-target! We know events are very important to you so we want to get this right.

Server Migration

Recently, we moved our servers over from one host provider to another. There was some concern among players who would like to have had this information shared earlier than it was, and that was helpful for us to know. In the future, we’ll keep a keener eye when it comes to sharing technical changes related to the game.

To players who wondered what motivated this move, we evaluated variables including stability, efficiency, location, provider support, and more (though these were the primary drivers). There was no single reason, and although the first week produced a few hurdles, we believe this change will lead to a superior experience for a majority of our players in the long-term.

That’s all we have for this week! Thanks for being with us on this journey, share some feedback on these topics or let us know what you’d like us to discuss in a future update in the comments below!

Minion Upgrade event would be nice, there are a few of us that just don't seem to have that good RNG so are still stuck using A rank minions and are out of restore tokens.

Server Migration, there are still people suffering from lag or unstable pings from the move. Be nice if you fixed the ingame NCping or something to help with this.

@Kibbelz

Guaranteed Ultimate- Thanks for addressing this. But can you guys provide more info about it? Is it going to be 12 as it was last time or will the number change?

WB & Minions- I think those changes are nice. I know a lot of people who still haven't gotten their World Bosses extendables, and having another source besides WB would be beneficial to them. Same for S rank minions.

Server Migration: Even though you changed servers for whatever reason, I hope you guys can fix the ping spiking/latency issues for some people. Idk how many people suffer from the ping spikes, but I've been told that during sieges and altars, someone's ping spikes from 40's to 300's.

Other issues from the 7.7 I'd like to point out that others mentioned besides the Pumpkin Bundles that you confirmed:

1) Morph Recipes were deleted. We were never told what recipes would be deleted. The Bobo Gems morph recipes for Legendary & Ultimate Stones are gone. I don't know if it was intended or unintended. You can still buy Bobonerk Coin Bundles from Gold Sand Traders. Please fix this issue as some of us have a lot of fighting fragments and Bobo gems in our cubes and we can't morph them.

Morph recipes need to be fixed as well. I noticed you guys fixed the Balurea Reborn Event Recipes that gave you option to craft Sanctify potions and Refining Stones but those require Genesis Crystals and we can no longer get that that.

2.) Can you guys add a Warehouse Manager or Stigma Master to New Battleground Server in Silentera (timeless terrace) ? Other battlefield servers have it but this one does not 

3.) Can you also check if combining ancients/greater transformations give the new two ancient cat transforms? I tried combining ancients 20 times and haven't gotten one yet, so just wondering.

Also can u guys add platinium cubics for the new bosses in the prestigue machine, the same that happened with frigida in PF HM is happening with the new instances (Beritra HM and xpecially Stormwing NM) , they are too strong that only with plat cubics u can defeat them (we dont even have the op leibo that other regions have ,10khp 500 pve atk 1000 pve def) 

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

We saw quite a few inquiries asking if Guaranteed Ultimate Transformations would continue going forward for those who made a minimum threshold of attempts. We think this service is an important safety net for those who need it, and we will continue offering it during select transformation promotions. Our hope is that this reassurance will prove beneficial to those who have previously struggled to obtain an Ultimate Transformation.

Minion Upgrades

@Kibbelz, @Loki, @Hime Thank you for making this post.

1- Transformations: As you did the transformation event and promotion, it was helped players so much and it would like to be great if you keep doing this event and also if you make increase a fusion transformation's rate a bit, that's all would be great and helpful. 

2- Minions: We need the rank S minion box with selectable in the nice events for the future! (In Aion Korea, they already did it). 

Our ideas: >

1- We see the nightmare traders is still here, could you replace some stuffs? Example add Ultimate Truestorm Equipment instead of Ultimate Sovergin' Equipment and another stuffs, and we need event coins.

2- We see there's a legendary transformation contract and 100% stigma enchantment stone in limited sale in Lockbox coin vending machine, you should have been adding it in limited sale in Prestige vending machine instead of Lockbox coin vending machine, because we don't have more Lockbox coins except Prestige coins.

3- Yes I know we can farm a normal cubic (Example: Attack, Magic Attack, Life, MP, anything) from monsters in anywhere, that would be great  if you add the normal cubic in Prestige vending machine as you added the platinum monster cubic in it. And also update the Prestige vending machine a bit.

What do you think about these ideas? 

Other Issue: What is about Auto Hunt system?

Good luck, thanks.

Thank you for the update but please for the love of Aion let more people get these! I've been combining legendaries since 6.0 now and still have no luck! I was short legendaries on the last guaranteed event so I missed that opportunity. Please let people who have been busting their butts off to get an ultimate transform finally get one. Thank you.

World Bosses

Thank You for this. Making WB rewards more accessible will greatly help the play environment both pvp and pve-wise because for some classes those Divine imbued weapons from Anomos are important to boost up DPS on the new bosses such as Stormwing and Beritra who take high amounts of DPS to defeat.

Minion Upgrades

Thank you, this is also a good. change. However I just recently failed combining 4 A rank minions 4 times in a row, so are you going to make it easier to obtain Rank 4 A ranks for this event??? Because otherwise many people will not be prepared for this event.

Server Migration

The new server has it's ups and downs. Ping got really bad for some without a ping reducer. Also The server seems to have trouble handling sieges in the new patch.

Please continue to optimize it, thanks.

12 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

still stuck using A rank minions and are out of restore tokens.

You are probably aware of this, but just in case anyone else isn't --

Restoration tokens reset on January 1st, so make sure to use up any remaining tokens you have by the end of this year as they do not carry over from the previous period once refreshed.

@Kibbelz

Thank you for this feedback update. I like the new changes.

Going forward, can you guys do something about Glyph Enchantment scrolls as well?

You can only get them with the Heavy Glyph Box and Boxes in BCM.
Shouldn't there be an alternative way to obtain Glyph Enchantment scrolls?

At least add it to prestige coin vendor or something.

It's only exclusive to people who can spend money in BCM.

I get that you gave everyone free glyph box with 5 scrolls, but after you updated the site for Glyphs, you pretty much said, the enchantment is what determines the stats on your glyph. 

And if glyph fragments are obtained through weekly lugbug why can't glyph enchantment scrolls be available in game somewhere besides BCM?

i wish this ultimate transformation promotion is easy for the past event i lost like 78 ancient transformation = just got 1 legendary out of it / 15+ legendary transformation none even got the new legendary stuffs and stucked my luck to 10 normal legendary transformation. Thats a 3 week work of event with 12 alts running ESO/HM daily VT/SL/IDD/PF sometimes AOA ez/normal BE if necessary . 1300+ instances when i calculate it damn, enough reason to dislike the system they made but still love the game..
just imagine if people pays alot of money to get ultimate transformation damn thats worst maybe for the month of effort i did. i saw a video in youtube someone spend like 4k USD for just cheap luck lol.

Aion is dying or dead yet they still giving players reason to quit.. The rest that left behind are just the people who never gave up on anything they love and always believe in true love, even you and ur corrupt system always cheat on us..  we still love the game.

15 minutes ago, Coconuts-DN said:

And if glyph fragments are obtained through weekly lugbug why can't glyph enchantment scrolls be available in game somewhere besides BCM?

Glyph Fragments combine into a Heavy Glyph Box which contains both a Glyph Selection Box and Enchantment Scrolls.

19 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Minion Upgrades

It would be very helpful if Grade B (and probably Grade C too) Minium could be added as an Event reward, Luna Recipe or Morphing Recipe. Grade B Minium is desperately needed to level up more Grade B Minions in order to create enough Grade A Minions to attempt the creation of a Grade S Minion.

C>B>A>S

19 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

World Bosses

We’ve definitely been observing much of the discussion around World Bosses, and while fixing the surface issue is a bit problematic (because of how legions and rewards function), we believe we can resolve the core issue in another way.

We’d like to begin adding some of the previous world boss drops to future content, to ensure these items are more accessible to players. The World Bosses themselves would still remain subject to the current reward dynamics, but this is something we can work with the development team to resolve in the long-term.

That will take time, and there may be design reasons which prevent it, so we think changing the reward availability is the best short-term solution here.

@Kibbelz  Thanks for the update. QOL Suggestion: Right now the boss loot order is off. Not sure how big of a change this would be, but I think if you can rearrange the order of the boss loot Paralyze/Imbued Weapon > Dazzling Box > Shining / Runestone Box > Paragon Stone > Weapon / Equipment Box > Manastones. Idealistically, my previous suggestion of making the boss loot Paralyze / Imbued > Dazzling > Random Item Box (Shining/Ultimate Manastone/Paragon stone/Equipment Box) that everyone gets, would encourage more cooperation.

18 hours ago, Falcy-DN said:

World bosses... are.. by far.. some of the worst content if you have any in-faction drama. I'm thinking back to when we had Illuma/Norsvold and it was Prov. Weapons that people were aiming to get, really exclusive until they weren't which ended up being better in the long run anyway. 

There's always in-faction drama. It's further amplified when people wish death upon others and reveal personal information to the public. There's always differences like the issues of DN vs KT, but we managed to put our egos behind and work together. However, there's no coming back from some actions and I believe you know what I'm talking about. 

Archived