Feedback Request: Auto-Hunt Feature

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone!

With Garden of Growth now arriving, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the Auto-Hunting system after you've had a little time with it. We felt this event would be a good way to let you use the system without drastically impacting the game as a whole.

Do you think Auto-Hunting should be return in the future? And if so, to what extent? Lastly, are there any changes or improvements you'd like to see?

For example, there may be other event instances (solo or otherwise) where the system is enabled. Or, we could allow it in the open world, either for a limited time permanently. Or, would you prefer we avoid using it altogether?

We'd value your input and feedback on this area once you have the chance to play with the feature in Garden of Growth!Thank you!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone!

With Garden of Growth now arriving, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the Auto-Hunting system after you've had a little time with it. We felt this event would be a good way to let you use the system without drastically impacting the game as a whole.

Do you think Auto-Hunting should be return in the future? And if so, to what extent? Lastly, are there any changes or improvements you'd like to see?

For example, there may be other event instances (solo or otherwise) where the system is enabled. Or, we could allow it in the open world, either for a limited time permanently. Or, would you prefer we avoid using it altogether?

We'd value your input and feedback on this area once you have the chance to play with the feature in Garden of Growth!Thank you!

I'll give you a little more feedback after I've tried it out, but as of now I would say DO NOT implement it in Instances. Ever. If it goes open-world it should only be in certain areas/parts of the map. I also worry about the competition of trying to get Event Items if everyone is auto-fighting over mobs.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@Kibbelz @Loki 
You have no choice to enable it , the game is base around that feature ...
All the future event we gona get are base on it 
Farming cubic its base on it 
Farming extra exp for buy for renown npc is base on it 
The future weapon craft item of the next patch base on it 
Dont act like we have the choice you r just a compagnie who let us play on a server 
Not the dev of a game design...

source.gif

1 hour ago, iGhost-KT said:

NO ! make the game work properly dont bring in new stuff ! This is not a mobile game to auto-hunt 

and the garden is a big fail. Hard mode no drops / rewards whatever. 1 hour to get some experience marks

What are you saying? It's clearly what NCSOFT is aiming for since you can automate basically anything and port it to mobile. Give it time, we'll have this game in the West on phones as well, kinda like Diablo Immortal I guess.

Honestly,

I don't enjoy auto-hunting and definitely believe it should stay out of open world.

However, I will say if there are players who truly want it implemented, I would say keep a permanent instance or zone where auto-hunting works where people can feel like their character is being productive while afk? Idk I know it's pointless making suggestions because plaync will never create new original content for our 2 lonely servers, but it's a thought.

You could have a auto-hunt zone for those who want it while keeping it out of open-world to avoid all the other problems, just to reiterate.

As many ppl said we have no choice, we must have this feature because current patches are based on this, i'm playing since 7.5 so i didnt have chance to go to normal cubic instance and im struggling to have all of them, currently most of cubics are 2/5 but now they are so hard and every level asking more and more cubics with thousands of type, bronce, silver, gold, platinum, mr, attack, hp, defense etc so in my opinion enable this, new players will need it not only with cubics also with experience marks and more when this is an important currency to buy a lot of items

I like the Auto Hunt feature and hope you update it everywhere.

IMO very few people are able to play this game all day everyday.  This feature allows people with Real Life commitments like Work, School etc. to set this then go do real life.  Allowing them to remain competative.  Also great for new players to be able to get caught up with cubics etc.  Not everyone is going to like it and I get that but imo the pros far out weigh the cons.  TBH open world bots I don't feel as much an issue anymore the broker bots and the luna scripters are.

For me i dont like it be available soon but as far as i can see there are no good drops in mobs anyway and its really gonna be helpful if its available , the 2-3k melon mobs is painful and my hands got numb doing it. for future events yes it surely necessary i think since you and your personnel lacks of idea on how the game works and basically not enabling it is just based on opinion not the facts. For us return players who basically missing ten fold of cubics yes its a must . Re-playing this game is a bad idea right now i dont know where even to get a rank A minion then upgrading it is a pain.. If u wanna completely disable it just please add cubic selection bag in some events if u have control to it. thanks

I think that disabling it was a good idea, I wouldn't like it at all if I would have to let my char auto farm while me not even being in the house, doing other things. It weirdly feels that I'd be burnt out from playing without even playing. Then again, if I don't utilize auto hunting, I would lose out on EXP marks and cubics among other things. Of course, if I left it to farm day and night I think it'd get to the point where it's just a super repetitive and boring routine. We have SAS and Luna already to do them daily, adding auto hunt to that mix would probably make you do more AFK/spam SAS than do engaging instances or events.

However, because auto hunting is disabled, there should also be big increases to EXP and loot to open world mobs. Currently each mob (no buff, no prestige) gives around ~180k EXP, and for one Experience Mark you need 175m EXP to extract each time. You'd need 972 mobs to get enough EXP for 1 EXP mark with the current settings. Personally I'd increase the EXP to ~1m per mob, as that seems like a fair amount, but it’d be best if there was some manual farming testing with the slowest classes (like chanter) and adjust it from there. Cubics are another thing. Assuming you will get absolutely no duplicates, you will need 975 gold cubics, 1950 silver cubics, 3900 bronze cubics, and 975 plat cubics to complete every stat collection there is. There is no way you will never get a duplicate, so just for RNG's sake I'd double those amounts, and that STILL would not be close to the real amount you need. Right now around every 5 mobs there is a cubic drop, so you can see the huge grind for cubics there is. I'd make 1 cubic 100% drop from mobs, while also making it so that 1 mob can drop multiple cubics (but at a low rate). It would also be nice to add a few rare drops here and there, like an EXP extractor, Ancient/Legendary enchantment stones, and Level A Minion Contracts, selectable Ultimate manastones (both at a very low rate).

Lastly, I think it would be good to keep the community informed about any changes you make specifically for NA to make up for not having auto-hunt enabled. A good example would be with the Meloon event, you increased the Meloon drop rates to 100% because we don’t have the system enabled, but not a lot of people knew that it was increased, and they thought it was like that for other regions as well (meaning they could also farm Meloons with the system at 100% drop rate). That was a good implementation of a counteracting measure and I think the server would have appreciated not having auto hunting a lot more if they had known about this change. There were a few events before that were based on auto hunting (like Lugbug missions), so if the required mobs to complete were lowered, I’d showcase that in the event description.

My experience. With my Sin it was a disaster. It requires area damage, health recovery and a few seconds cooldown. With my Vandal it was great. Always talking about the event. Now, if this is done in the open world, nothing prevents leaving "forgotten" some character doing something and going to play something else. I actually left my vandal doing this for a bit and put the Evil Whithin 2 on with my son. I went back to see what was happening just out of curiosity. On the other hand, what is the use of playing a game that I don't really play? The system impressed me, but I don't know if I would like to use it in Aion. I am going NO to its implementation. Thanks for the opportunity to try it.👍🙂

For the core of the game with cubics and events, this is a needed feature. I say just roll with it like all the other aion servers. If people don't want it then just don't use it. It was a intended feature like how they poorly designed cubics to be open world and this to fix the issue. More options for people shouldn't be a bad thing.

Part of me also thinks they are doing this so they do not have to change any content coming our way or alter it for further events where this function is needed.

Archived