Upcoming Server Consolidation : FAQ

Arctic

1 hour ago, Gallium-DN said:

Well I'm going to go ahead and make a Poll. I'm counting on support from both DN and KT players here. I'm proposing that all players from DN should be allowed to petition for name ownership for their main toon. I'm losing other names, but I think everyone agrees that losing the name of your main toon is blatantly unfair.

Please vote!

I don’t understand what you mean “allowed to petition for name” ? If you mean submitting tickets to support to retrieve your name back, that was already done during previous merges, right ?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, Kibbelz said:

Q: What happens to my character name? 

A: Character names on Danaria will be randomized and affected characters will receive a name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served.  

Q: What happens to my legion name? 

A: Legion names on Danaria will be randomized, and the Brigade General will receive a legion name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served.  

In what delusional world does NcSoft live in to think this is fair or even...LOGICAL? This isn’t even pure negligence and laziness anymore, this stupidity is so immense that it has to be preconceived or maybe I still have misplaced optimism in this team’s IQs but nyerk lmaooo.  

I feel at this point you guys are purposely doing the worst things in retail to drive the player base away so you can kill the game so you don’t have to worry about it and instead of being guilty you’ll just throw your hands up and blame the fact you have no players left. Which is extremely toxic, exploitative, and greedy considering the amount of people that put in real money to keep your salaries up, but idk I did always have a feeling that Aion customer support was always handed to the newly hired unpaid interns to haze them but idk. 

Anyways I hope whoever you are Bread-KT that your toon atleast has decent costumes and is a cute chibi.

53 minutes ago, Bread-DN said:

In what delusional world does NcSoft live in to think this is fair or even...LOGICAL? This isn’t even pure negligence and laziness anymore, this stupidity is so immense that it has to be preconceived or maybe I still have misplaced optimism in this team’s IQs but nyerk lmaooo.  

I feel at this point you guys are purposely doing the worst things in retail to drive the player base away so you can kill the game so you don’t have to worry about it and instead of being guilty you’ll just throw your hands up and blame the fact you have no players left. Which is extremely toxic, exploitative, and greedy considering the amount of people that put in real money to keep your salaries up, but idk I did always have a feeling that Aion customer support was always handed to the newly hired unpaid interns to haze them but idk. 

Anyways I hope whoever you are Bread-KT that your toon atleast has decent costumes and is a cute chibi.

I've already emailed support because someone apparently already took my two original names that I had since Beta in 2009. Support informed me they were recently reserved by an active account.

So someone is out there intentionally stealing names @Kibbelz
@Loki
Your team is just going to allow this to happen and force players to quit who would otherwise stay and continue playing?

Also what about item collections? Still no answer...

46 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

I've already emailed support because someone apparently already took my two original names that I had since Beta in 2009. Support informed me they were recently reserved by an active account.

So someone is out there intentionally stealing names @Kibbelz
@Loki
Your team is just going to allow this to happen and force players to quit who would otherwise stay and continue playing?

Also what about item collections? Still no answer...

This is why I told people to go on KT as early as the announcement and keep their unique names by making a char with that name.

Of course someone with the name "Love" or "Bad" already exists, but you could have kept the name Pharoahra since it looks pretty unique.

13 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

This is why I told people to go on KT as early as the announcement and keep their unique names by making a char with that name.

Of course someone with the name "Love" or "Bad" already exists, but you could have kept the name Pharoahra since it looks pretty unique.

I actually did check as soon as the announcement came and they were gone. I currently don't use this name actually but the two other names I frequently use as mains were "claimed recently" according to support.

Names doesn't matter to me though as much as item collections. Whoever took my names can shove em for all I care lol

My post was to make the team aware that there are people out there intentionally taking names though and will affect many who do care

What the hell is this?

What planet are you on?

Brother, am I going to lose my nickname because you just haven't been able to find a simple way out? And here's one more detail, we can lose our nickname to probably personal alts that don't even play anymore.

Excellent NC, congratulations! VERY GOOD JOB! RIDICULOUS!

4 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I don’t understand what you mean “allowed to petition for name” ? If you mean submitting tickets to support to retrieve your name back, that was already done during previous merges, right ?

Based on the wording of the original post, it seemed like players would not be allowed at all to "petition" for name ownership like they had in the past. Which would be incredibly unfair.

• Arctic changed the title to Upcoming Server Consolidation : FAQ
  • Aion Team

Okay, so first I wanna say thanks for all your feedback.

We know that although this server consolidation will improve the gameplay experience, there will be unavoidable consequences. One consequence we are seeing wide discussion on is from players who could possibly lose their names. What we would like to do is try to ensure that those who secure coveted names are the most deserving of them - whether through seniority or hours played, or some combination of these two factors.

With that in mind, we have updated the FAQ to include the following:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How will Name Conflicts be Handled?
If a player wishes to keep a name of theirs which is already owned by another player, they can submit a Support Ticket.

Customer Support will assist players with name ownership disputes, and assign the future ownership of a name based on the following:

• Are both characters level 80+?
    • If not, the higher level character will own the name
    • If so, Support will use their discretion to award ownership based upon the age of the character and the total time played (provided the character is still active).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How will Legion Name Conflicts be Handled?
A: Customer Support will assist players with legion name ownership disputes. Legion names conflicts will be awarded based upon Support's discretion, factoring in the level of the Legion (provided the Brigade General and members are still active).

You can tell KT is very much favored by NCWest because they get to keep their HOUSING, names, legion names and all of that, meanwhile DN gets what? "Some" name conflict that you must contact support that will take 2 months to solve.

The most idiotic decision by this idiotic company is to merge servers but let only 1 server keep their shite.

I no longer play live servers, but even if I did, the fact I would be losing my mansion in Beluslan but KT gets to keep it is the shittiest move by NCWest ever. Stay trashy.

52 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

We know that although this server consolidation will improve the gameplay experience, there will be unavoidable consequences. One consequence we are seeing wide discussion on is from players who could possibly lose their names. What we would like to do is try to ensure that those who secure coveted names are the most deserving of them - whether through seniority or hours played, or some combination of these two factors.

If a player wishes to keep a name of theirs which is already owned by another player, they can submit a Support Ticket.

Customer Support will assist players with name ownership disputes, and assign the future ownership of a name based on the following:

• If so, Support will use their discretion to award ownership based upon the age of the character and the total time played (provided the character is still active).

A: Customer Support will assist players with legion name ownership disputes. Legion names conflicts will be awarded based upon Support's discretion, factoring in the level of the Legion (provided the Brigade General and members are still active).

Thank you for updating the name policy to be more fair than it was. The housing situation still is a major downside for many however is there any answers about item collections yet?

Since it is a "server consolidation" now does this imply that progress will move with us?

37 minutes ago, Falcy-DN said:

Fine and dandy, but I'm still going to campaign hard that the housing needs to be reset, too. That's stll the biggest sack of shit with this merge. 

A housing reset on a consolidated server would actually breathe some excitement into this extremely difficult situation. Likewise, a global name reset encourages both new and seasoned players to log in and play. These elements promote competition and allow everyone a chance at something. Being offered the adventure of a fresh new start with a larger player base is much better than feeling like you are being served your final cocktail on a sinking ship.

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

That's a good way to handle this...however what about our Housing? Esp the Flooring/Wallpapers we purchased through the BCM?

2 hours ago, Cute-DN said:

hey kibblez so you updated policy but your support still says otherwise. thats the ticket from just few hours ago , they are still saying  same automated reply. is your post just another bunch of lies or what? @KibbelzMiysOAL.png

I always wondered whether crown is a bot :/ ?

10 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

You can tell KT is very much favored by NCWest because they get to keep their HOUSING, names, legion names and all of that

I don’t think it’s because KT is favored, they just want to reduce the amount of work for them after merge, with name conflict. So instead of resetting all, they decided to reset only 1 server with a lower population and this is DN.

Archived